Star Wars: Jedi Quest OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

I'm still working on my characters so they'll either be late arrivals or I can introduce them as NPCs or whatever you want.

The dice are incredibly confusing to me! Remember, I'm used to Xbox or Playstation doing all that stuff behind the scenes. Thank you for your patience!

Re-rolling is dumb, my first roll was good right?

2eF : 4 Light Side [2eF=LS/LS, LS/LS]
f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png

Re-roll for Mychal'el:

1eF : 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]
f-ls.png

Re-roll for Koda:

1eF : 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]
f-ds.png

I don't know what they mean, but Matt seems to be unhappy so now I'm worried

I think I may need more clear direction. For example, "Enter 2eA+1eP+4eF+2eD+1eC+5eZ in the dice thingy for What's-His-Face because bleep-bop-zorp-a-de-doo!" makes more sense to me.

Sorry, I'm really tired.

Read core rulebook I playing the game

8 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

Re-rolling is dumb, my first roll was good right?

2eF : 4 Light Side [2eF=LS/LS, LS/LS]
f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png

Re-roll for Mychal'el:

1eF : 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]
f-ls.png

Re-roll for Koda:

1eF : 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]
f-ds.png

I don't know what they mean, but Matt seems to be unhappy so now I'm worried

I think I may need more clear direction. For example, "Enter 2eA+1eP+4eF+2eD+1eC+5eZ in the dice thingy for What's-His-Face because bleep-bop-zorp-a-de-doo!" makes more sense to me.

Sorry, I'm really tired.

When rolling Destiny, you roll a single Force Die per player not per character. I just found this out myself too.

4 hours ago, Matt Skywalker said:

Read core rulebook I playing the game

So, you're next, I gather?

Edited by Tramp Graphics
2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

When rolling Destiny, you roll a single Force Die per player not per character. I just found this out myself too.

So killerbeardhawk, do I re-roll or do you want to pick one from my rolls? It's up to you. I don't even know what destiny does anyway.

24 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

So killerbeardhawk, do I re-roll or do you want to pick one from my rolls? It's up to you. I don't even know what destiny does anyway.

Information on how you use Destiny points can be found on pages 35-37 of the F&D core rules. By flipping a destiny point the player or GM can alter events in the game, provide a helping hand to enhance a skill check (or raise the stakes by upgrading the difficulty), activate certain talents and special abilities which require spending a Destiny point to use, or provide a bit of "Deus ex Machina", for players to introduce "facts" into the narrativePlayers use white points from the Destiny pool, while the GM uses black ones. At the start of each session, we each roll one Force die and whatever we roll is added to the pool, forming the Destiny Pool for that session.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
3 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I guess so,

I'll be fighting first order troops, how will I handle that. Also do I pick the planet or you @killerbeardhawk

20 minutes ago, Matt Skywalker said:

I guess so,

I'll be fighting first order troops, how will I handle that. Also do I pick the planet or you @killerbeardhawk

Killer will, I suspect he's putting everyone either on Mandalorian proper or Concordia, but don't quote me on that. My suggestion would be to PM him and find out.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
53 minutes ago, Matt Skywalker said:

I guess so,

You can start where ever you need to, for each of your characters. I do not have a preference. In this intro, everyone will choose where to start and make up their back story. After that I will try to get you a together.

14 hours ago, Mychal'el said:

I'm still working on my characters so they'll either be late arrivals or I can introduce them as NPCs or whatever you want.

The dice are incredibly confusing to me! Remember, I'm used to Xbox or Playstation doing all that stuff behind the scenes. Thank you for your patience!

Don't worry about dice, I'll tell you what the results of each roll mean.

We will move on with Matt and Tramps characters for now.

4 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

While we wait on Matt. What will be your next dice rolls with your characters.

How would I handle the fighting of the first order!!!!!!

Do I do one check. Do I just roleplay me whooping their butts.

16 minutes ago, Matt Skywalker said:

Whatever your character would do. You can roll a check with the post. I guess that's how Tramp wants the game. Explain the roll in OOC and do the roll (with help of me). Then post the results in the IC.

Just now, killerbeardhawk said:

Whatever your character would do. You can roll a check with the post. I guess that's how Tramp wants the game. Explain the roll in OOC and do the roll (with help of me). Then post the results in the IC.

19 minutes ago, Matt Skywalker said:

If you would want to start during a fight you can roll initiative (Cool if you are starting the fight, Vigilance if they are) and we can finish the fight in "structured time", taking turns activating PC then NPCs.

This battle also might be a good place for Maa't and Korath to meet up. Just an idea. Rei is on hold now until the rest of the party is assembled, at least until Matt' and Mycal'el's character's meet up with Korath.

Killer, you might want to check out the OOC and IC threads for the Evening Lamp campaign currently running. It will give you a good idea as to how they typically run the PbP games here.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
14 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

This battle also might be a good place for Maa't and Korath to meet up. Just an idea. Rei is on hold now until the rest of the party is assembled, at least until Matt' and Mycal'el's character's meet up with Korath.

Killer, you might want to check out the OOC and IC threads for the Evening Lamp campaign currently running. It will give you a good idea as to how they typically run the PbP games here.

Tramp, I've ran PBP for years. I've ran a Force and Destiny pbp campaign for over a year. D&D 3.5 and Cyberpunk games in a PbP which still continue to this day. There are many ways to run a PBP, but very few good ways. Like I said before, it's your game, you can run it however you like.

18 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I planned to have you find Rei next while Matt's meet up together as well.

10 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

I planned to have you find Rei next while Matt's meet up together as well.

I'd rather have Rei last. That way the whole party meets the character.

If Korath picks up Rei first, it Kills the surprise.

I already know what the character looks like the "big reveal" is for the sake of the other players and character's, not for my own.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

I'll post more tomorrow. Phone's running on empty

12 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I'd rather have Rei last. That way the whole party meets the character.

If Korath picks up Rei first, it Kills the surprise.

I already know what the character looks like the "big reveal" is for the sake of the other players and character's, not for my own.

she should nt be in the story at all until the end? If you want me to run the game but have your complete control of the story you will need to tell me more than: You're job is to get the PCs together. Can you tell how the story is intended to play out and what I need to do to complete the goals you expect from your characters? Are there other storylines I am still unfamiliar with? So far you have Hacker, Mathis, Rei, and Korath, how exactly do you want these characters to interact. what scenes in the future should I plan ahead for? Could you at least list the things I shouldn't be planning, things that would interfere with your characters storylines?

Why introduce a character who we won't see for a long time? Just to roll the armor? What planet does Korath really want to go to? Why did you, if you have a master storyline in play, just leave Korath to go wherever I choose? Now it will need to be changed so you can join in on another players starting intro?

3 post in and we are already changing the whole game to fit you're personal desires. Why not just tell me directly what I need to do to correctly act as GM?

I'm saying kamino(?). I'll post up a begining right now.

Chundarrs cool

: 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a-a.png a-s.png

Maa't :

: 5eP+1eA 5 successes, 6 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png

Whoops has talent to always use vigilance if wanted

Edited by Matt Skywalker
Mistake

Vig combat : 3eP 1 success, 3 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p--.png

Troopers will go 2nd then.

Mychal'el was born on Kamino. Matt's guys could stumble across a some data that holds top secret intel about Mychal'el's origin that he's been trying to keep out of the wrong hands for 40+ years. Maybe that's what the First Order came to Kamino for.

We don't have to know what intel is but it could put the PCs in Mychal'el's sights and he could hunt them down.

Im not even close to finishing his sheet yet! Maybe Mychal'el should start off as a mysterious nemesis stalker until I finish up.

Koda is almost ready though, I think.

Edited by Mychal'el