Imperial Assault Printable Skirmish Map Project

By nickv2002, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

New Orders and Board Wars podcasts are working together to bring you the Imperial Assault Skirmish Map Project. The project continues the lovely work started by @ibsh to create beautiful images for every Imperial Assault Skirmish Map. These maps serve two purposes:

1. Skirmish maps have been added to the Boardwars.eu and the Imperial Assault Image DB where they can be searched and referenced
  2. Printable map groups are available for the current Imperial Assault tournament rotation as well as a full download of all the maps for printing.

The project homepage is on GitHub . Please check those links for more info and use this new thread or GitHub for questions and feedback.

map-preview.jpg

Edited by nickv2002

Printing onto playmats is one of the most popular ways to use these images. The GitHub page's Printing section includes a lot tip on how to print these images from PixArt.

PixArtPrinting offers very cheap printing for both the US and EU. Costs vary a bit by map size but average around $2 per map if ordering a few at once. There are occasional sales which we'll post about on here to keep people informed.

These prints are great for easy setup at home. Many tournament organizers allow them at events too. You'll still need the tiles or official mats at larger FFG events (though you can use the playmats to help with setting up the tiles).

Edited by nickv2002
added print info

To anyone having trouble printing feel free to DM me here or on the BoardWars Discord or open a ticket on GitHub .

If you are having any problems, the following info helps me help you:

1. What image you ordered (a filename or link for specificity)
  2. What size you printed at (you can find this in your Printi Order History )
  3. Specific info on the problem (an email from Printi or a picture of your maps that didn't turn out as expected)

Thanks!

Edited by nickv2002

Thanks for carrying this on Nick, great resource

Thanks for working on these. Definitely interested in the 4-player maps!

Fantastic stuff fellas, I know my gaming group has loved used the originals and are super excited to have the project continue!

+1 Thank you for continuing this great work.

I'm very glad that you all have been able to carry on the project for @ibsh . It's a great resource and I'm happy with the quality of the maps I have printed.

I just found the files in github and love that you have the files separated by wave. That's going to make it easy to print off a few at a time.

I noticed you had the Jabba's' Realm wave marked as incomplete and I'm excited to see the Jedi Luke/Captain Terro, and Alliance Ranger maps whenever they are ready.

Edited by Fightwookies
Found github files.

Very nice work, Nick.

I just updated the The Dune Sea map from the Jedi Luke pack to the GitHub Project . I also updated the associated printouts and web-previews.

Enjoy!

34-halfres.jpg

Edited by nickv2002

Thanks!

Looks like there's a verb missing from the first sentence of Scenario A.
"Neutral mission tokens power generators."

I want to print "jabba's realm incomplete" because there is a promo in pixart, but what is missing? One map from Jabba's Realm, Alliance Rangers and Captain Terro, right? Which of those will be included in JabbasRealmIncomplet.jpg file?

8 hours ago, incognito22 said:

Thanks!

Looks like there's a verb missing from the first sentence of Scenario A.
"Neutral mission tokens power generators."

Fixed. Thanks for the edit!

5 hours ago, gran_orco said:

I want to print "jabba's realm incomplete" because there is a promo in pixart, but what is missing? One map from Jabba's Realm, Alliance Rangers and Captain Terro, right? Which of those will be included in JabbasRealmIncomplet.jpg file?

There's actually not a sale for the same PVC Mesh that we've used before (at least on the USA site). The sale is for for solid PVC signs (ones you can't roll up).

The maps for Rangers and Terro are the 2 that remain (along with the 4 player map). They are in the works but will take a while longer because they use many new forrest-side tiles from the expansion that need image editing. Once Terro and Rangers maps are done it will just be a JabbasRealm.jpg (I'll drop the 'incomplete').

Edited by nickv2002

Thank you for your continuous support. Very much looking forward to Nal Hutta Swamps map .

Very, very much ...

17 hours ago, nickv2002 said:

There's actually not a sale for the same PVC Mesh that we've used before (at least on the USA site). The sale is for for solid PVC signs (ones you can't roll up).

The promo is from the Spanish site. I am the first person who recommended Pixartprinting and their PVC banners in this forum ^_^

Thank you for your help!

After Nal Hutta Swamps, I would like to put a +1 vote for a the 4 player skirmish map please. Whenever you have the time.

2 hours ago, robertpolson said:

After Nal Hutta Swamps, I would like to put a +1 vote for a the 4 player skirmish map please. Whenever you have the time.

Terro's map, Endor Defense Station , will come next but it shares many of the same tiles with Nal Hutta Swamps and the 4-Player Nad Hutta Borderlands so efficiencies from crossover.

Hey all, thanks to hard work and contributions from @evadgonzo , the Nal Hutta Swamps map is ready!

Please visit the GitHub page to download printable templates or see web-ready images that you can link to on social media or here on the forums!

35-halfres.jpg

I dropped the tiny slivers of indoor tiles from the deployment zones as I couldn't see the terrain type mattering there and I think it looks better as all forest.

Please let me know if you notice anything else that's off. Never hurts to have folks double checking my work!

Nick thank you very much for posting the map. Is there a way to buy you some beer? Patreon or PayPal of some kind? :)

I am itching to order the new maps for print. However, you mentioned that the 4-player map may come in soon after Nal Hutta Swamps. Will you have some time in the next few weeks to get the 4-player map up as well?

Edited by robertpolson
2 hours ago, robertpolson said:

Nick thank you very much for posting the map. Is there a way to buy you some beer? Patreon or PayPal of some kind? :)

I am itching to order the new maps for print. However, you mentioned that the 4-player map may come in soon after Nal Hutta Swamps. Will you have some time in the next few weeks to get the 4-player map up as well?

Thanks @robertpolson !

I'd rather not accept anyone's money as this is more of a labor of love. But, if you're from the USA, you can thank me by supporting Network Neutrality and making a comment showing your support with the FCC. Net Neutrality makes the economics of this map project, my New Orders IA podcast , and lots of other parts of the web that we all love financially possible. Learn more and add your comment at: BattleForTheNet.com

As for the other maps, I still plan to do the map from Terro's pack first, then the 4-player Nal Hutta Borderlands . They share many tiles with the Nal Hutta Swamps which helps, but I'm not committing to any timeline. It just depends on when I have time to work on them.

Edited by nickv2002

19 hours ago, nickv2002 said:

Hey all, thanks to hard work and contributions from @evadgonzo , the Nal Hutta Swamps map is ready!

Is there a way to easily print off just the Nal Hutta map? I have A nchorhead and Jabba's Palace from printing off the previous tourney map rotations. Im considering printing off the Jabba's incomplete file now, but then I will likely have the same question when Terro's map is complete.

On 7/27/2017 at 9:36 AM, Fightwookies said:

Is there a way to easily print off just the Nal Hutta map? I have A nchorhead and Jabba's Palace from printing off the previous tourney map rotations. Im considering printing off the Jabba's incomplete file now, but then I will likely have the same question when Terro's map is complete.

Yes, see recently updated printing info : " individual maps can be printed by downloading the 300 DPI Print versions linked in the table and submitting that to PixArtPrinting. To calculate the print dimensions in inches: divide the horizontal and vertical pixels by 300." If you just want to print the Nal Hutta Swamps I created a pre-cropped version too .

Edited by nickv2002
add pre-cropped Nal Hutta link
35 minutes ago, nickv2002 said:

Yes, see recently updated printing info : " individual maps can be printed by downloading the 300 DPI Print versions linked in the table and submitting that to PixArtPrinting. To calculate the print dimensions in inches: divide the horizontal and vertical pixels by 300." If you just want to print the Nal Hutta Swamps you might consider cropping out the black space at the bottom of the image before doing this calculation and submitting.

Awesome. Could you help a noob out one more time and tell me how/point me where to find the horizontal and vertical pixels?

*I found the pixels. Thanks Nick. I'll probably just keep the black space so that it stays at the same 24 inches as the rest of the maps.

Edited by Fightwookies
Found it in the properties

At PixArtPrinting, if you stick to 2" height, you can print up to 5'4" wide for the same price. So there isn't any reason to print only 1 map.

I already have Anchorhead and Jabba's Palace. Are there any other maps folks would recommend? I'd expect the next rotation to have a new map that isn't out yet.

Maybe I can find some other people locally and split some maps.