Imperial Assault Printable Skirmish Map Project

By nickv2002, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

6 hours ago, BlodVargarna said:

Does anyone here have older maps they want to sell?

We do (Germany), where are you located?

US.

The 4-player Temple Gardens map from Heart of the Empire is ready! Again thanks to @leacher , @Oslatir , and @fabiofotomoto to thank for their work (roughly respectively) of scanning tiles, cleaning the images, and arranging into the map.

FourPlayer_03.jpg?raw=true

It's so big in both directions it doesn't fit in the standard height, I didn't make any PDF strips for it. Also, I pushed this one out a little quicker and experimented with using less of a key. Instead I tried putting more and larger symbols on the map. Hope it works well for everyone. You can find the full res version and printing instructions on the project website .

Speaking of printing, Printi still doesn't have vinyl in stock . 😞 If anyone else has suggestions of other print shops that could provide similar services on vinyl or other materials for reasonable prices, please let me know and I can place a test order.

Edited by nickv2002

That is one huge map. It's like they took Uscru and then stuck every single core tile in the game all around the outside.

This looks beautiful. Thank you for all the effort that you have put into this big project!

For anyone in Canada, VistaPrint has 50% off until March 3.

Edited by robertpolson

Can anyone say what the $ price used to be for the long vinyl banners thru Printi?

With a vista print coupon I can get to $80 for 2 + $8 shipping.

21 hours ago, toomanybarts said:

Can anyone say what the $ price used to be for the long vinyl banners thru Printi?

With a vista print coupon I can get to $80 for 2 + $8 shipping.

My last Printi order was 10 maps (in two strips of 5) for about $45 basically $4.50 USD per map.

(But this was during a Black Friday sale, normal price would have been about $5.30 USD per map)

So Vista Print sounds very high at $40 (!) per map or am I reading that wrong?

Edited by nickv2002
On 3/13/2019 at 6:38 PM, nickv2002 said:

My last Printi order was 10 maps (in two strips of 5) for about $45 basically $4.50 USD per map.

(But this was during a Black Friday sale, normal price would have been about $5.30 USD per map)

So Vista Print sounds very high at $40 (!) per map or am I reading that wrong?

Yeah it was 2 strips for $40 each and that was AFTER the 40% off!!

So it was $80 + $8 shipping for 11 maps : $8 each.

I guess I'm waiting for Printi to come back on line!

Edited by toomanybarts

Vistaprint update - I just worked out I can do a 4' x 10' and get two 5 map strips + add 2 more individual maps for the $100 base price + $8 shipping.

Now to wait for the 40-50% off code and pull the trigger.

(If they re-offer the 50% off again, which was on offer last week - I'll get $58 shipped for 12 maps = $4.83 each)

Not sure of quality, so will report back

<<ORDER PLACED!>>

Edited by toomanybarts
update to status
On 2/2/2019 at 1:58 PM, nickv2002 said:

The 4-player Temple Gardens map from Heart of the Empire is ready! Again thanks to @leacher , @Oslatir , and @fabiofotomoto to thank for their work (roughly respectively) of scanning tiles, cleaning the images, and arranging into the map.

Looking at the mini map, there are only two deployment points? Are the other two missing?

On 3/24/2019 at 3:11 PM, toomanybarts said:

Vistaprint update - I just worked out I can do a 4' x 10' and get two 5 map strips + add 2 more individual maps for the $100 base price + $8 shipping.

Now to wait for the 40-50% off code and pull the trigger.

(If they re-offer the 50% off again, which was on offer last week - I'll get $58 shipped for 12 maps = $4.83 each)

Not sure of quality, so will report back

<<ORDER PLACED!>>

Ok so rcvd two 4' x 10' banners with 25 maps on them - just finished cutting them down - look awesome. Print quality is great and much better than what I'm used to on a blurry mouse mat.

All in all 25 maps for $118 shipped - not bad! $4.72 per map!

On 4/3/2019 at 1:18 PM, robertpolson said:

Looking at the mini map, there are only two deployment points? Are the other two missing?

I see 4 colored zones for deployment on the mini map. (One is in each corner.) 🤔 Are you referring to something else?

I've started digitally creating tiles for completely new environments. Here's a low-res example of a work-in-progress which still needs a bit more detail and texture:

mapMalachorTile2.png.80f4d0796025b9610ab

Here's the finished tile in full resolution:

mapMalachorTile2.png.94974eaa78f47f7b8a6

On 6/9/2019 at 7:22 AM, Fourtytwo said:

I've started digitally creating tiles

Did you ever finish this project? What you had looks pretty good!

Also, is anyone going to put the newish Raid Mode map up?

9 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Also, is anyone going to put the newish Raid Mode map up?

I'll look into doing building when I have a work break; possibly in early September.

But anyone is welcome to access tile scans I have and start putting it together. We've had some great community contributions in the past by map-builders. 😀 PM me with your email for an invite (preferably Gmail as the files are on Google drives).

22 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Did you ever finish this project? What you had looks pretty good!

It's not yet finished, but I've continued working on it and will finish it. I've already built my own custom 4-player-skirmish-map from scans of original tiles @nickv2002 invited us to use and which I refined a bit, and had it printed in good quality on neopren and sent it to me from Great Britain. Here's that map in 200 dpi printable resolution (72x72 cm):

mapFourPlayersPrint2.jpg.626dc58dec1cd4a

Edited by Fourtytwo

I've worked on and finished several graphical connecting elements and details which now enable me to more quickly create several generic tiles and customize them to make them unique. I've already finished compositingand refining the tile representing the central raised platform, as well as the first 'room' with its ruined brutal architecture and the ominous blood-red glowing lines which highlight many structures and give many dark corners a foreboding blood-red hue:

mapMalachor2.jpg.69825ab350c999e94da8fed

mapMalachor3.jpg.5c3749137827ba2ff99b0b6

All tiles which I create and present here can be used and altered by the community as they see fit, provided credit is given.

mapMalachorFinalExample.jpg.8623da2601f7

Edited by Fourtytwo

@Fourtytwo , do you have your new tiles stored on a cloud drive that others could access? You might have mentioned that somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Those tiles are awesome!

36 minutes ago, wannabepudge said:

@Fourtytwo , do you have your new tiles stored on a cloud drive that others could access? You might have mentioned that somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Those tiles are awesome!

Thank you! I'll upload all individual tiles on our german miniatures games forum (tabletopwelt.de) and add the links here tomorrow plus a few more of that particular environment not used in the map above.

What type of material do you guys use to print from printi.com?

What type of material do you guys use to print from printi.com?