Imperial Assault Printable Skirmish Map Project

By nickv2002, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

**Pixart Sale Alert**

20% off Banners at Pixart through 9/24/17

2 hours ago, Fightwookies said:

**Pixart Sale Alert**

Good sale! Time to order your maps!

Here's the direct link to the product . Make sure you choose the slower shipping to get the full discount.

Fine print: Offer is valid on Banners from 9:00 am CST on Monday, September 18th to 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, September 24th. Available only with 7-day shipping.

Edited by nickv2002
cleanup

Bingo. This is exactly what I have been waiting for.

Now... can someone walk me through step by step how to order them?
Banner, Landscape, 1 copy.
Width?
Height?
No accessories
How/what do I upload? It says pdf/ai...

6 hours ago, simpsonps121 said:

Bingo. This is exactly what I have been waiting for.

Now... can someone walk me through step by step how to order them?
Banner, Landscape, 1 copy.
Width?
Height?
No accessories
How/what do I upload? It says pdf/ai...

There's a bunch of info including answers to your questions in the Printing section of the GitHub project . The dimensions depend on what you're ordering but I do the math in advance for all the strips of combined maps. Otherwise it's 300 DPI so you can just work it out by dividing the pixel width and height by 300.

Edited by nickv2002
On 2017-09-18 at 10:51 AM, Fightwookies said:

**Pixart Sale Alert**

Is that sale for US site only?

12 minutes ago, robertpolson said:

Is that sale for US site only?

No idea.

Just checked: the sale is US site only, and the US site does not ship outside the US. : (

We'll have to keep an eye on the EU website, and wait for a sale there.

Thanks again to Nickv2002 and friends though, for getting the Jabba's Realm maps ready!

So I just tried to print 10 maps. When I received them they are complete rubbish. Has anyone else had this experience with trying to print off one of the files that has 4+ maps?

I double checked that all my calculations were correct and have opened the file on my computer multiple times and it opens it great quality. I've used the default windows image viewer as well as paint with no issue. I noticed that chrome couldn't handle the file, so I'm wondering if PixArt has some kind of file size limitation too.

I've had decent experiences in the past, but I've never tried a file with more than 3 maps, and they weren't any of the large maps.

Just wanted to hear what other's have experienced.

4 hours ago, wannabepudge said:

So I just tried to print 10 maps. When I received them they are complete rubbish.

Just wanted to hear what other's have experienced.

@wannabepudge I've printed files with 10 maps without issue.

PixArt seems to occasionally make bad prints. I've heard from some folks with similar issues. I would encourage you and anyone else with issues to contact them as they've been good about re-printing without charging any more. Please let me know if you do have any trouble after contacting them with your issue.

Just now, nickv2002 said:

PixArt seems to occasionally make bad prints. I've heard from some folks with similar issues. I would encourage you and anyone else with issues to contact them as they've been good about re-printing without charging any more. Please let me know if you do have any trouble after contacting them with your issue.

Fantastic, that's exactly the news I was hoping to hear. I was planning on contacting them next week as I just got that maps last night, so I've got my fingers crossed :)

Used this code to get a good discount from http://pixartprinting.eu : COMEBACK-30

Edited by robertpolson
On 9/29/2017 at 3:11 PM, nickv2002 said:

On 9/29/2017 at 3:13 PM, wannabepudge said:

Fantastic, that's exactly the news I was hoping to hear. I was planning on contacting them next week as I just got that maps last night, so I've got my fingers crossed :)

Figured I'd follow up. I did contact Pixart and they didn't even hesitate to reprint and even went out of there way to deliver it in 2 days-ish after printing. The result was a high quality print.

Edited by wannabepudge

(Sorry, I posted in another topic by accident)

Has anyone printed one of the 4 player maps e.g. Hoth Battlefield or Nal Hutter Borderlands from here? Are they ready for printing?

Hoth Battlefield looks like it has a lot of black at the bottom. Would it be a good idea on my part to crop the image (with the black part removed) and work out the revised measurements to send for printing?

Thanks

43 minutes ago, Cybran said:

(Sorry, I posted in another topic by accident)

Has anyone printed one of the 4 player maps e.g. Hoth Battlefield or Nal Hutter Borderlands from here? Are they ready for printing?

Hoth Battlefield looks like it has a lot of black at the bottom. Would it be a good idea on my part to crop the image (with the black part removed) and work out the revised measurements to send for printing?

Thanks

The bottom space in black is so that it matches the height of the other maps (so you can print in a strip). This helps because as @Kelbesq notes in the post below, PixArt has a minimum area charge, thus you can order a few maps for the same price as a small map. (But sure it would work fine to pre-crop the image first.)

Ok thanks, how do you guys separate the maps accurately afterwards?

2 hours ago, Cybran said:

Ok thanks, how do you guys separate the maps accurately afterwards?

Generic kitchen or office scissors have worked fine for me. My script and pre-generated strips add a hairline of white between maps to help you cut them apart.

Awesome thanks so much Nick!

BTW nice script Nick! Just combined 02, 03 and fourplayer_01 and they look sweet! :)

The maps just arrived - I am so impressed by the detail and quality. Can't say thank you enough Nick!

Hello Star Wars Community! Gypsy here. I am by no means new to this forum. I've just never created an account! ...Until today.

I have been playing Star Wars: IA since the beginning. All casual play at the house with many, many friends and family and consider myself to be an advanced player. There is always room for improvement! But I digress. The reason I chose today to officially become part of the community is because with the newest release I vowed to finally do what must be done to obtain vinyl layouts of every skirmish (including 4-player) map available. Of course, I will patiently wait until HoE and newest wave maps are complete to place an order with PixArt. I have read and re-read posts since Ibsh first started this project. Side note: (insert deity or not) bless that man! Side, side note: Thank you to Nick and a few others that I cannot remember their handles for working so hard on these. They are nothing short of amazing.

The thing is, I think most of us enjoy a good puzzle, but we rarely do the same puzzle twice! That said, I called PixArt today and we are famous! They have received many, many orders from our community and know what Star Wars: IA is! My thought was how can we make these orders as simple as possible for as many SW:IA fans as possible? Turns out, PixArt cannot do repeat orders from different customers. They cannot even save the dimension information! Strange as that sounded to me, I was wondering if it would be worth while to send PixArt like dimension information for corresponding SW:IA map files (up to 20) from GitHub and submit these as "bundles" that our community could order directly without having to 'do the math' or download/upload multiple files and input dimensions, etc.? PixArt has to have a "pre-fill" template of sorts. Maybe?

I had a lengthy conversation with the admin department at PixArt that ended with me talking with a supervisor who became very interested when I mentioned "lots more business" in regards to "Star Wars map layouts." How awesome would it be to go to PixArt and just click on the Star Wars: IA link for a pre-filled order?

I am interested in Community thoughts on this, or if it has already been previously discussed?

-Gypsy$

Edited by GypsyMoney
21 hours ago, GypsyMoney said:

Hello Star Wars Community! Gypsy here. I am by no means new to this forum. I've just never created an account! ...Until today.

I have been playing Star Wars: IA since the beginning. All casual play at the house with many, many friends and family and consider myself to be an advanced player. There is always room for improvement! But I digress. The reason I chose today to officially become part of the community is because with the newest release I vowed to finally do what must be done to obtain vinyl layouts of every skirmish (including 4-player) map available. Of course, I will patiently wait until HoE and newest wave maps are complete to place an order with PixArt. I have read and re-read posts since Ibsh first started this project. Side note: (insert deity or not) bless that man! Side, side note: Thank you to Nick and a few others that I cannot remember their handles for working so hard on these. They are nothing short of amazing.

The thing is, I think most of us enjoy a good puzzle, but we rarely do the same puzzle twice! That said, I called PixArt today and we are famous! They have received many, many orders from our community and know what Star Wars: IA is! My thought was how can we make these orders as simple as possible for as many SW:IA fans as possible? Turns out, PixArt cannot do repeat orders from different customers. They cannot even save the dimension information! Strange as that sounded to me, I was wondering if it would be worth while to send PixArt like dimension information for corresponding SW:IA map files (up to 20) from GitHub and submit these as "bundles" that our community could order directly without having to 'do the math' or download/upload multiple files and input dimensions, etc.? PixArt has to have a "pre-fill" template of sorts. Maybe?

I had a lengthy conversation with the admin department at PixArt that ended with me talking with a supervisor who became very interested when I mentioned "lots more business" in regards to "Star Wars map layouts." How awesome would it be to go to PixArt and just click on the Star Wars: IA link for a pre-filled order?

I am interested in Community thoughts on this, or if it has already been previously discussed?

-Gypsy$

I think that would be great. I would wonder what legal issues PixArt or this thread might get into if they literally supply the files. That said, it might be really nice if they had a template and still required user upload as we should all be using what Nick and company have put together. Williness to collaborate is great. perhaps they'll be more likely to do PVC banner sales in the future haha!

Oh yea, @GypsyMoney , finally welcome to the forums haha.

Edited by wannabepudge
On 10/25/2017 at 1:57 PM, GypsyMoney said:

-Gypsy$

I already have several standardized layouts/dimensions, so I'd be happy to work with them to help make ordering easier.

I also think it's unlikely they could do the whole thing because of copyright issues, but maybe they could improve their ordering interface so you could save dimensions as URL parameters (easy to link to from project page).

So, can anyone recommend the best maps available to print that aren't in the tournament rotation? I'm burned out on the tournament maps but there are way too many others to choose from.

2 minutes ago, Shohet said:

So, can anyone recommend the best maps available to print that aren't in the tournament rotation? I'm burned out on the tournament maps but there are way too many others to choose from.

I printed off the Droid wave and don't regret it. there are some fun ones in there. BT-1/0-0-0 scenario is probably my favorite. Jawa can be fun and hera/chopper map is huge and different. Side bonus is that all of those are still possible for future rotation and you'll have it in hand if they do add one of them.

I know this is mainly for printable versions of the Skirmish Maps, but I've created a JSON file that can be used by application developers to leverage the Images in their applications. I intend to use it within my X-Streamer application to allow streamers to bring up a view of the current map, and maybe do some commentary or telestrations on it. Anyways, I've submitted the following pull request that maps the meta data to the actual map files.

https://github.com/nickv2002/Imperial-Assault-Skirmish-Map-Project/pull/1

/cc @nickv2002