"Pre-assembled" skirmish maps

By ibsh, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

TLDR: here be Skirmish maps: ibrahimshaath.co.uk/imperialassault .

After lots of careful Photoshopping I managed to get all the current skirmish maps printable, with all the data from the mission cards alongside them.

Incredibly low res previews are here . The full versions are 300dpi.

I'm very pleased with them; I managed to get all of the jigsaw-joins to disappear and the gridline alignment is nearly perfect.

Just dropping here as I thought someone might find them interesting. Also pride I guess :) .

Edited by ibsh

Well done! These are nice.

Any chance the high res versions will be up for download somewhere?

sehr wunderbar!!

Would you please provide the 300dpi versions?

These are excellent!

I'd be interested in the higher res versions also.

Let me find some webspace.

:D

Great. No .... PERFEKT!

So just to confirm, these aren't the 'full' maps - with some squares/tiles missing in order to fit them on A2?

So just to confirm, these aren't the 'full' maps - with some squares/tiles missing in order to fit them on A2?

That's right. Near as dammit, though. You could compare to your skirmish sheet to see any changes; I can't recall exactly where I made some of them, but I definitely didn't find any of the changes egregious when I considered their effect on play.

They were definitely small alterations, it just depends on how flexible you are: these are definitely not for players who want a competitive-level feel, or who really love ten-minute jigsaws before each game :)

The currently tournament legal maps should fit on A2 without changes. Are there any changes on these maps?

Although I know it would be expensive it would be great to see these images on playmats :/

Where did you find the individual tiles for the Photoshop shennanigans? I'd be interested in doing the mission playmats for the Campaign ...

That's right. Near as dammit, though. You could compare to your skirmish sheet to see any changes; I can't recall exactly where I made some of them, but I definitely didn't find any of the changes egregious when I considered their effect on play.

They were definitely small alterations, it just depends on how flexible you are: these are definitely not for players who want a competitive-level feel, or who really love ten-minute jigsaws before each game :)

OK - fair enough. Great work btw! These look excellent. I wonder if you'd consider doing version without the black background, so that if anyone prints them they don't have to use the world's supply of black ink?

Where did you find the individual tiles for the Photoshop shennanigans? I'd be interested in doing the mission playmats for the Campaign ...

I scanned the cardboard sheets from my second corset/twin shadows before I popped out the pieces. You could equally just scan them once they're already popped.

The currently tournament legal maps should fit on A2 without changes. Are there any changes on these maps?

You'd have to check, sorry. I'm not at home so can't compare to sheets.

Very nice :)

OK - fair enough. Great work btw! These look excellent. I wonder if you'd consider doing version without the black background, so that if anyone prints them they don't have to use the world's supply of black ink?

Thank you. Given the inherent black edges in the tiles, I'm not sure how good they'd look. I suppose if I had a thin localised black border done with a layer style, it might work. Will take a look.

Would you be willing to share a zip of all the tile scans? I wanted to do the same but do photoshop pre-assembled Campaign Maps. It would save a ton of time from having to scan all of my tiles.

Would you be willing to share a zip of all the tile scans? I wanted to do the same but do photoshop pre-assembled Campaign Maps. It would save a ton of time from having to scan all of my tiles.

Ditto. I like what you have done, but would prefer the maps unaltered... I don't know how I'll get them printed anyway, but I'm a purist. Having the raw scans would enable a lot of homebrew missions as well.

Is there any chance that you can make an unaltered version? As in, real size, no modifications to the maps, but keeping the black background and add-ons.

These look really good, but the guys I play, and myself, want the maps the wat they are.

I really like the look of these!

Yeah, I could do unaltered versions of those few maps. Gimme a few days.

That would be great.

Yeah, I could do unaltered versions of those few maps. Gimme a few days.

Reading this, I wished, I could hit the LIKE-Button more than once ...