The Evening Lamp OOC

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Is there a spot in the village where people seem to be hanging around the most? Like a tavern or even a barbershop type of place where people chew the fat? Chadrik would try to listen to the conversations trying to find the local news and hopefully some snatches of a temple or two.

2 minutes ago, SebastianArrow said:

Is there a spot in the village where people seem to be hanging around the most? Like a tavern or even a barbershop type of place where people chew the fat? Chadrik would try to listen to the conversations trying to find the local news and hopefully some snatches of a temple or two.

The market is probably your best bet.

Average Perception, I'd say.

2eD+2eA : 0 successes, 1 advantage [2eD=Th, F/F] [2eA=S/A, S/A] Perception Check
d-th.png d-f-f.png a-s-a.png a-s-a.png

Edited by SebastianArrow

I hate to be a combo breaker, but I've got an early morning and a long day ahead of me tomorrow, so I need to tap out. I don't know if I can post tomorrow evening, though probably not. Sunday will be clear, but I know a lot of people like to use their weekends for family and friends*, so don't feel pressured of you're busy.

* Weak!

Description Fishing
Results 2eA+1eP+2eD : 0 successes, 1 advantage [2eA=S, S] [1eP=S/A] [2eD=F/F, F]
a-s.png a-s.png p-s-a.png d-f-f.png d-f.png

Description No fish... Anything else to eat? Xeno
Results 1eA+1eP+1eB+2eD : 0 successes, 3 advantage [1eA=A/A] [1eP=A/A] [1eB=S/A] [2eD=F/Th, Th]
a-a-a.png p-a-a.png b-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Just a heads up: I'm trying to find a good character portrait for what Zik looks like. I don't think the one I had on SWSheets really fit with the character as I've come to envision him. Unless our GM objects, I'm planning to change it. (I like the one that's there now, but I want a character who looks a little kinder.)

Sorry for the delay, folks; we're selling our house, so I have to be not-home on the weekends, which makes finding a place to sit and review the thread somewhat difficult. I'm gonna get caught up and do some IC posts!

ZPDTHPA.jpg

Done! I had to Photoshop a new face on the original and do some complexion altering, but this better captures the feel of the character. [Edited to add his beard.]

Edited by SavageBob
Added a beard.

Ignore

Edited by KungFuFerret
Description Seek Zik
Results 1eF : 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]
f-ls.png

Once @Absol197 is ready to post again, I'm happy to have Takane join Zik in the curiosity shop. He wasn't hiding or sneaking, so she could easily have just followed after him. And Kestrel could follow Takane, since Seek didn't work out. (Just a suggestion: Y'all do what you like with your characters! Just thinking of ways we can ease the work on our GM and potentially get some synergy going with our characters.)

Edited by SavageBob

I was actually doing just that when you posted :) .

Rolling to tell a story:

2eP+1eB+1eC+1eD : 1 success, 1 advantage [2eP=A/A, -] [1eB=S] [1eC=-] [1eD=Th]
p-a-a.png p--.png b-s.png c--.png d-th.png

Thank the Force for that boost die! With the Advantage, I'd like the keep the affability going and get another boost in my next check with the shopkeeper.

Just out of curiosity, in the future, would it be possible to tie Lore to Presence in a situation like this?

Edited by SavageBob

Because this is the beginning, I'm trying to keep the skill checks simple, so as not to unnecessarily dally. Can you think of another possibility, if maybe you get what you need here?

I'm kind of a stickler for rules, but we'll see.

13 minutes ago, Blackbird888 said:

Because this is the beginning, I'm trying to keep the skill checks simple, so as not to unnecessarily dally. Can you think of another possibility, if maybe you get what you need here?

I'm kind of a stickler for rules, but we'll see.

No worries; the boost die accomplished a similar effect. Since there's no real "performance" skill, I'm just brainstorming ways that someone might use Lore performatively.

@Edgehawk & @Absol197 : Either of you want to narrate your character into the curiosity shop? If not, I'll have Zik ask a few more questions before taking his leave to reconvene with the others in the marketplace.

Edited by SavageBob

Heading your way now.

For now, Kamoa is just going to wander the village, and see the sights. Basically people shopping, so he's not really going to have much direct input at the moment.

I totally overlooked Absol's post stating Takane was in the shop. Sorry! Looking forward to seeing if Takane or Kai have any questions for the shopkeep.

19 hours ago, Blackbird888 said:

"No ruins, but I remember hearing the locals talking about some monks that used to travel the roads between Ramshead, Gilgal, and Snowfish. They used to perform funeral rites and render medical aid and stuff like that, but they all up and moved away or disappeared or something. Some of the old timers complain about it every once in a while."

Bralane engages in some small talk with the two bodyguards, not overly friendly in its cut, but neither adversarial. After 15 minutes or so of talk:

"Well, I do certainly appreciate the warmth of your fire and the conversation. I do however need to get back to my own charges and duties. If you will excuse me."

Bralene nods at them both, making one last comment before she moves on:

"And I do hope you are able to find bodyguard work soon. I may not know much of these lands, but think we can all agree it is dangerous out there and there are many in need of protection against that which does harm, whether it be the Forces of Nature or the Forces of Man."

Following this exchange, Bralane will go look for her companions to share what she has learned before seeking out some 'elders' to see what they might now.

Bralane's comment is also a veiled "threat" that she is watching them, should they decide to find "the wrong type of work".

LOL @Absol197 ! I was composing a reply very similar to yours for the shopkeeper. I'll wait for @Edgehawk to reply before posting, since I may need to modify Zik's response. :)

It depicts a forest scene, possible in spring or summer due to the flowering bushes and trees. Sunlight is breaking through tall, straight trees, but what dominates the picture is a large, arching gateway. It's colored a brilliant amber color and some sort of writing is carved into the surface of the gate. It stands above a mountain trail that disappears into the background, and you can make out cobblestones along the trail.

Some OOC questions about the painting. How big is it? Could I take it with me, or is it too cumbersome? If it's big, could I capture an image of it with my datapad? Or remove it from the frame and boards to roll up the canvas?

Can I make out the writing on the gate, or is it too impressionistic? Would Lore help here in any way?

1 minute ago, SavageBob said:

Some OOC questions about the painting. How big is it? Could I take it with me, or is it too cumbersome? If it's big, could I capture an image of it with my datapad? Or remove it from the frame and boards to roll up the canvas?

Can I make out the writing on the gate, or is it too impressionistic? Would Lore help here in any way?

It's probably about a 2x2 sized picture, give or take, so too big to comfortably carry around as is. A photo would work.

Attempting to translate the script would require an easy Knowledge check (choose appropriate skill).

Interesting:

eP+1eD : 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph [2eP=Tr, -] [1eD=Th]
p-tr.png p--.png d-th.png

So, I guess I am able to parse the text out. I'm at a loss for the Triumph, though. The CRB says it can be used "to learn relevant, beneficial information about the subject" beyond the mere translation I was trying to do. Any thoughts from the other players?

Threat goes to the GM, of course.

Edited by SavageBob
Threat

Perhaps you uncover a message hidden in the painting?