The Evening Lamp OOC

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Also, Crow: Lore check to see what Takane knows about this temple? Assuming that she was asking around about it in Garuu City, and may have picked up on important details that most people wouldn't notice as such?

3 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Also, Crow: Lore check to see what Takane knows about this temple? Assuming that she was asking around about it in Garuu City, and may have picked up on important details that most people wouldn't notice as such?

Let's try... a hard Lore check. And because of the dearth of light side points obscurity of the information, I'll flip a Destiny point to upgrade the difficulty once.

Ancient Knowledge : 1eP+1eA+1eC+2eD 0 successes
p-s-s.png a-a.png c-f-th.png d-f.png d--.png

A complete wash. Well, much better than I was expecting, actually!

Not much you can do with that.

Destiny pool is 6D/3L.

What time of day is it, Blackbird?

Afternoon, approaching evening.

Just now, Blackbird888 said:

Afternoon, approaching evening.

This information does not change Takane's mind :) .

So, it's been years since I've done one of these. Now that all six of us have responded to your scene, Blackbird, do we wait for another post from you? Or do you want us to keep saying we're doing stuff until such a time as you tell us a roll is required?

I'll post again and everybody can proceed as they will.

Would galactic credits be the most common type of currency given where we are and the time period? I mean, Kamoa does travel a good bit, given his wandering nature, so he'd likely have his money in whatever is most easily exchanged.

I'm just doing some world building, don't worry.

Much.

6 minutes ago, Blackbird888 said:

I'm just doing some world building, don't worry.

Much.

well I am genuinely asking :P I assume the most commonly used currency would be galactic, but I'm not up to speed on the canon forms of monetary exchange for the Empire. I like Star Wars, but not enough to deep dive into it's economic exchange rate and inflation scale. :P

My own thing, actually. I was thinking that parts of the planet are isolated enough that some of them may use their own currency. Some do, especially closer to the 'civilized' parts of the planet, but others don't.

What was the old lady doing when I went up to talk to her? I'm looking for a way for Zik to ingratiate himself to the woman, like helping her move something, or sitting down if she's roasting food, or whatever. I'm also happy to roll Charm or another social skill if you think it'd help, BB.

I'd image she wasn't doing much. Sitting and talking should be good enough. I mean, sometimes just a conversation is all that's needed, right?

If you want to make a Charm check, easy, with 1 Setback due to unfamiliarity.

Well, my own experience in small villages is that folks are always doing something , so I was hoping I could get a boost from helping her with her own task. But I'll roll:

1eP+3eA+1eD+1eS : 2 failures, 4 advantage [1eP=A] [3eA=A, A, A/A] [1eD=F/Th] [1eS=F]
p-a.png a-a.png a-a.png a-a-a.png d-f-th.png s-f.png

So... yeah. We're not rolling well today. I'll post IC for what I said, but with my Advantages, can the lady perhaps shoo me away to someone who knows something about the temple and won't be sketched out by us asking about it?

@Magnus Arcanus Easy Streetwise should do the trick.

1 success, 2 advantage.

Streetwise Check : 2eP+1eA+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png d-f-th.png

I'd sure love for those 2 advantages to give us some clue about where this shrine might be, even if it is just a contact in the village who might know more.

Is the curiosity shop the Twi'lek guy Kamoa was talking to?

Just now, SavageBob said:

Is the curiosity shop the Twi'lek guy Kamoa was talking to?

Kamoa was speaking to the owner of the general store yes. Odds and ends, and food thingies.

No, the curiosity shop is not the same as the general store. It's not a place you'd see from the market.

Ah, my bad, got the descriptions mixed up.

13 minutes ago, Magnus Arcanus said:

I'd sure love for those 2 advantages to give us some clue about where this shrine might be, even if it is just a contact in the village who might know more.

I won't make you roll for interacting with these two, as your check was successful. We can roleplay the interactions a bit.

4 minutes ago, Blackbird888 said:

I won't make you roll for interacting with these two, as your check was successful. We can roleplay the interactions a bit.

Is there are particular individual I spot or meet?

1 minute ago, Magnus Arcanus said:

Is there are particular individual I spot or meet?

My most reason IC post.