Xenomic's Fan Sets (Now accepting requests! See first post for more details)

By Xenomic, in UFS General Discussion

That is extraordinarily underpowered -.-' How about:

Lloyd 6/28
Air/Order/Void
E: Your opponent discards the top card of their deck. If it is an attack, put a Power token on this card.
E: Your attack gets +X damage. X equals the number of Power tokens on this card.

Anything regarding your opponent's RFG pile is tough because of the mulligan rule, so I changed it to simple mill. Also, attacks don't make up a large portion of many decks, so the milling should come easily and often if the damage boost is ever going to reach a decent level. If you want a power comparison, look at Yi-Shan and know that he hasn't placed in any majors. (although I should have been running him at team nats) In any case this is a little weaker than he is, so it's not overpowered at all.

Oi! Has been a while since we last spoke. I believe the last time was over at Mugen-Infantry, no? Anywho, I'll try and get to your request (as well as the previous one that I have yet to get to....) when I get the time ^^;;

Right now, here's what I've been updating:

KOF 2006 :

Alba (All Foundations)
Yuri (All Foundations, Fiesty Warrior, Yuri*, and Flying Phoenix Kick)
Clark (Top Mercenary)
Iori (No Meaning to Life)
Ryo (Haoh Sho Koh Ken and Kyokugen-Style Martial Arts)
Billy (Flaming Mid-Section Club Cruncher)
Kula (Kula** and Anti-K' Fighting Style)
Nagase (Strengthened Through Genetic Engineering)

KOF Extension :

Adelheid* and Adelheid** updated
Andy* and Andy** updated
Angel* and Angel** updated
Hotaru: All cards updated
Choi: Vicious Butcher and Hurricane Cutter updated
Daimon: Cloud Tosser and Co-Existing With Nature updated
Malin: Sneaky Tactics, Order-Maid Hammer, Poison Scorpion, and Quick and Nimble updated

Entire Samurai Shodown set updated

Touhou :

*The following have all been updated*

Aya***
Flandre :.:
Prismriver Sisters*
Prismriver Sisters**
Reimu*
Utsuho*
Faster Than The Eye Can See (Sakuya Action)
Get the Scoop (Aya Action)
Whimsical (Yuyuko Action)
Control of Time (Sakuya Asset)
Sakuya's Lunar Dial
Tengu Fan (Aya asset)
Down Burst of the Tengu (Aya)
Metal Sign "Silver Dragon" (Patchouli)
Oni Sign "Blue Oni Red Oni" (Chen)
Snow Sign "Diamond Blizzard" (Cirno)
Squall "Sarutahiko's Guidance" (Aya)
Taboo "Forbidden Fruit" (Flandre)
Falsified Reports (Aya)
Eternal Rivals (Kaguya)
Forgathering of Dreams, Illusions, and Pandemonium (Suika)
Gathering Misfortunes of Humans (Hina)
Genius of Medicine (Eirin)
Maker of Miracles (Sanae, new art)
Tengu (Aya)
The Seven-Colored Puppeteer (Alice)
Refugees (Kaguya)
Mastery of the Elements (Patchouli)

Keep your eyes out, since I have quite a bit of new stuff that I'll be adding to these later on!

Cetonis said:

If you want a power comparison, look at Yi-Shan and know that he hasn't placed in any majors. (although I should have been running him at team nats) In any case this is a little weaker than he is, so it's not overpowered at all.

New update, and with new cards!

Final Fantasy :

Auron**
Celes***
Kefka***
Zack***

Bushido (FFX)

Ghost Hotel (FFVII)
Gunblade (FFVIII)

Air Blade (FFVI)
Light of Judgement (FFVI)

Atoning For a Sin (FFVII)
Dancer Class (FFV)
Different Pasts, Ultimate Goal (FFVII)
Goal to Destroy All Existence (FFV)
Last of Your Kind (FFVII)
Mimic Class (FFV)
Monk Class (FFV)
Ninja Class (FFV)
Summoner of Mist (FFIV)
The Sorceress' Knight (FFVIII)
Trainer Class (FFV)

Street Fighter :

Adon :.:
Akuma ::::
Balrog :::.
Blanka :::.
Charlie :::

Other Games :

Anakaris***
B.B. Hood ::
Bishamon ::
Rikuo***

Quite a bit done. I wonder how I don't run out of ideas yet. ^^;;

Cetonis said:

That is extraordinarily underpowered -.-' How about:
Lloyd 6/28
Air/Order/Void
E: Your opponent discards the top card of their deck. If it is an attack, put a Power token on this card.
E: Your attack gets +X damage. X equals the number of Power tokens on this card.

Anything regarding your opponent's RFG pile is tough because of the mulligan rule, so I changed it to simple mill. Also, attacks don't make up a large portion of many decks, so the milling should come easily and often if the damage boost is ever going to reach a decent level. If you want a power comparison, look at Yi-Shan and know that he hasn't placed in any majors. (although I should have been running him at team nats) In any case this is a little weaker than he is, so it's not overpowered at all.

the main reason for that aproach was the slow and brutal nature of lloyd solo in the game he originates from so this is a bit further from his actual character. I made him as was because in the hugely attack based decks I play, 3 isn't too hard to get and +1 to all is pretty strong but if as you say, attacks aren't the major part of decks that they should be, I can see why that would be underpowered. I have little to test with so things can be a bit skewed in terms of power level. nice to know it was under not over though as most of my things end up extreme.

I can see where you're coming from with the mulligan rule and IMO the rule could have been better thought out but the mtg one wouldn't work here so IDK what could replace it.

anyway, as stated, this isn't SCL lloyd and SCL lloyd (being from a fighting game) is much easier to work with so I will not be using this version.

Xenomic said:

Oi! Has been a while since we last spoke. I believe the last time was over at Mugen-Infantry, no? Anywho, I'll try and get to your request (as well as the previous one that I have yet to get to....) when I get the time ^^;;

indeed it was, thanks for reminding me. don't remember what that was about though.

I'll probably det round to making a minor mugen character when my computer's working again and I can fighter factorys lousy pallete issues.

just because the background colour isn't first or last in the pallete shouldn't making the pallette unusable!

Yeah, well.....that's why me and palettes are enemies....they just don't like me x_x

Then again, all I do is sprite Midnight Blisses so....

Anywho, I got all of your guys' stuff done, but it'll have to wait before I can post them here for you to see. I went with Cetonis' version for Lloyd since I think that would work better (I do have to say that he was underpowered, and this version seems to work better methinks), unless you have a different idea for him?

And thanks to you, I might do more Tales of people since I haven't done them yet....^^;;

Also got quite a few more things to add to my Final Fantasy section (it just keeps growing and growing D: ). After that, no idea what to do next x_x

And finally! Here's your guys's stuff:

For Dracomageat:

Lloyd1.jpg

For Cascade:

Anubis1.jpg Ardjet1.jpg Inhert1.jpg Jehuty1.jpg Neith1.jpg Nephtis1.jpg

Also updated the Final Fantasy set with a few new Foundations ^^

Thanks very much for those Xenomic. I have to say I'd play Inhert, Jehuty and Ardjet. Anubis is actually a pretty strong 4-hander, but Neith and Nephthys are just plain broken. Still love 'em though.

Yeah, Nephthys I was thinking of making a 7/19 or 7/20, mostly due to that 2nd ability, but your opponent could play smart and get around that so....dunno. As for Neith, that first ability is only really useful if your opponent has a way to draw cards....or if you force them to draw cards. Other than that, I really don't see it being that much of a problem, unless that 2nd ability could be abused somehow....hm.....

On a side note, there's going to be a crapload of new stuff for the Street Fighter and Samurai Shodown sets of mine, since I'm doing people that I haven't done yet.......as well as several Tales of characters and Darkstalkers characters ^^;

as I said, I would rather have something that reflects his SCL self more as SCL is a lot easier to work with but if you can't think something up for that, feel free to go with what you've got.

it's amazing how many people here seem to know tales, especialy as 90% of game stores have never heard of it (including the one I bought ToS from, much to my amazement).

recently got into legendia (as in yesterday, finaly got it in the post) and I think that'd probably fit UFS better than ToS and I could probably make a better case for them licencing that than ToS (expect a new topic when I finish the game).

anyway, it's nice to know you're interested in doing more tales stuff. enjoy!

incase you're interested, the stuff I sprite is ToS based in TotW:ND3 style (including custom made effects when I feel the ND3 ones aren't ToSy enough).

and finaly, what do you lot make of my card of me, seeing as this is the only place I get feedback:

*Draco* +0H (high not mid)

7/21

[fire] [void]

As long as this card is ready, it has all resource symbols printed on your opponents character card.

R: Before you make a control check for a card that could be used as a high block, that control check gets +X, where X is the difficulty it would add to that block.

R, Commit: after you pass the control check for a card with dragon in its name, you gain X vitality, where X is equal to the control check made.

EDIT: I only read the last post, sorry.

that card looks great, the only thing that bugs me is that it has the KoR logo when the picture is lloyd from legends. if it was the ToS logo that'd make sense as that's where he came from but why KoR? is it that the fact that the only english text is tales of symphonia led to a simple mistake or is there some logic to this.

EDIT 2: turns out that was the last post of page 2. man I feel a fool!

Reason I went with that logo (which is on ALL people from Tales of right now), is because there isn't a general TALES OF logo I could use, and well....getting a logo for each of the individual games would be......very very bothersome if you know what I mean. I LIKE to stay as close to each series as possible, but when there's 10 games in one series, I'd prefer to do a general logo (which is what I WOULD do with Touhou, IF they had a logo to go with, but that means I'd have to put the logo on 680 some cards T-T). And that's the last logo of the series I can find (can't find one for Tales of the World, which I think was the last game so far?).

Anywho about your card....It's interesting that you gave yourself a high block, since the trend for characters have always been a mid block. And it seems you're going down the Eleana path with 2 symbols too, though I can see why. And the first R is pretty much automatically pass a control check for a high block it seems? If that's the case, might want to add some sort of cost to it, since you could possibly manipulate your opponent's attacks to being high, run nothing but high blocks, and block anything they throw at you for free. And while I like the idea behind the 2nd ability, the problem is how many cards have Dragon in their name? It kinda reminds me of my Captain Falcon** who tutors cards with Falcon in the name.....it's very hard to get going when there's not that many card that have those names.

Overall, it's not bad, but needs a bit tweaked. And I'm sure that he'd have fun with my resource symbol shenanigans from my Touhou set as well ^^

ToTW would be a good call but as you can't get that, would fandom do?

tales central (google it) should have all the logos but wether or not they're in usable form I couldn't say.

I felt I should have a high as, going with my half-dragon theme, I'm an aerial fighter. that also led into the second ability, which could easily say when not used as a block but I would really rather it didn't have a cost as draco has little else going for him TBH. besides, one shot abilities aren't the way I do things (even if I am the sort of player who likes to kill in one turn) and having to commit would kill the ability and its interaction with the second ability (even though at time of design no card met both requirements). vitality loss isn't my thing either. I may not care too much about losing it but self pain isn't my way. basically, restrictions are fine but costs are not.

as for the static ability, that's a way of allowing him to have more than 2 symbols conditionally, allowing him to play off symbol dragon cards and adding an element of understanding your opponent to it. back at the time of design (don't know about now) no card had less than 3 symbols so 2 was a major restriction and this was my chaotic way round it.

the final ability came about partialy because, having above average hand size, I had low vitality and so needed some kind of protection. that and, persistance and <that card from SCBP I can't name right now> were favourites of mine. that's why it was vitality gain. the dragon half came about from my dragon half. I needed some bonus for playing dragon cards and this seemed to fit brilliantly. especialy as it potentialy comboed with the aerial bonus.

for the tales stuff, which I've been trying and failing to do for years (since before our last chat), I've been thinking titles as foundations could work.

tetra slash, comboist, drifting swordsman, eternal swordsman, gung ho, fledgling chosen, spiritua reborn, angelic maiden, little pickpocket, oblivious, single-minded, honor roll, strategist, sorcerer, mercinary, traitor, conqueror, war god, grand healer, surviour (probably the same as sole survivour), mysterious assassin, summoner, tresure hunter, acrobat, masked swordsman, narcissist, loudmouth, empty soul, deadly flower, hunter, convict and battle artist are, IMO, the good ones from symphonia, though single minded is already taken. may have to be a reprint or something.

Possibly, but coming up with good images (which are really hard to find for the Tales series), is going to be a problem.

Big update! Probably more later on (specifically for Touhou)

Fire Emblem:

Linda*

Other Games:

Darkstalkers:

Donovan::
Hsien-Ko::
Huitzil::
J. Talbain :.:
Jedah::
Lord Raptor ::
Q-Bee ::
Sasquatch ::
Victor :.:

Tales of:

Arche*
Cless*
Dist*
Judith*
Judith**
Judith***
Leon Magnus*
Mao*
Philia*
Presea*
Rita*
Stahn*
Suzu*
Tear*
Tear**
Tear***
Yuri Lowethell*

Miscellaneous:

Lili**

Keep in store for more goodness from me! For those who don't want to go look up some of these, I'll leave a few of them here, then let you go look up the rest :P

Cless1.jpg Presea1.jpg Stahn1.jpg Tear1.jpg

I'll let you guys go take a look at the others : p

Mystearica1 love, 3 love that one, the 2* one though... sorry re-try that one TOO GOOD... and see if you can find a pic of her from her "Rental Beauty" Title change if ya can. Surprised you haven't done the other members of the abyss crew yet... i'll hit you up with what i got so far for them as i played that game religously at one point.

N.J.

Ok, I'm not sure who you're talking about here.....not familiar with nicknames of characters ^^;;

Xenomic said:

Ok, I'm not sure who you're talking about here.....not familiar with nicknames of characters ^^;;

having never played abyss, nor am I, but I know enough to be able to tall that they are refering to a 2 dot version of an abyss character (presumably tear then) and would like to see another version with one of the "costume titles".

Possibly, but coming up with good images (which are really hard to find for the Tales series), is going to be a problem.

this is where the lack of fighting gameyness becomes a problem is it?

they seem like good cards, fit the characters well (which is more than can be said for the real lizardman cards) and are generally well done. to be honest, I don't know abyss, destiny or innocence so that rules most of them out but I like the ones I do know. I'm a little worried about phillia getting -4 to all difficulty though...

Where exactly do you see the -4 difficulty on Philia? I'm not getting it.

Also yeah, this is what happens with non-fighting game titles....yet look how well Touhou is working out for me. lol

Also, good luck finding any images of the other costumes....if you do, then yay. ^^;

-2 next turn and -2 constant make -4.

EDIT: misread last ability, sorry.

Any chance you would make the 'Shells' (Blanks) you've constructed available for others to try their hand at their own fan creations?

BenMajor said:

Any chance you would make the 'Shells' (Blanks) you've constructed available for others to try their hand at their own fan creations?

unless I'm very much mistaken, they were available upon request in the past. I still have nearly all of the custom card templates but all but the character one were somehow compressed into single layer files by my computer. sad.gif

you can also get a UFS template for magic set editor these days. I partialy (barely) contributed to the creation of that...

I can send you the blank versions of these if you want, since I have blank versions of all the current types of cards out there (it'll even have all the logos I put on them so.....yeah ^^; ). Just send me a PM I guess, or give me the email, and I could send them to you. Keep in mind though, that they're in PSD (Photoshop Document) format, so unless you have Photoshop....yeah....

I can't seem to find a PM function here...but my email is visible on my profile, if it's not too much trouble.

I have Photoshop, so they should be no problem at all!

Thanks again.

I don't see it there.....are you sure you have it on your profile?

My Bad...I thought it was visible, but I made a mistake. It's rectified now.