aO4N9Wy.jpg

iJtrIjC.jpg

And thus we conclude core set terrain

TZAmnTe.jpg

2oxssVe.jpg

SB2olTy.jpg

gX1ZCJt.jpg

Edited by Darthain

as it has been a while, I title this update 'Damnit Polda'. His death coil has inspired lighting from Maeghan's hand. Needs a bit more pointies, but it is getting there. It'll take a while as she's a bit down the cueue currently, need some grunts first.

ewqbvAG.jpg

****, that's going to be a lot of OSL work...

xIlCSvy.jpg

MNtqBqJ.jpg

Loving the idea of the snow/lightning coming from her hand. What's it made of, and how have you attached it?

15 minutes ago, Urvogel said:

Loving the idea of the snow/lightning coming from her hand. What's it made of, and how have you attached it?

It is wire and vallejo water effect (the one for ripples). It will be painted into lightning, it is just clear naturally. I just glued it and applied some water effect, trying to get slightly ball like in the hand. The blue is blue tack that may have gotten attached in the process.

18 hours ago, Darthain said:

as it has been a while, I title this update 'Damnit Polda'. His death coil has inspired lighting from Maeghan's hand. Needs a bit more pointies, but it is getting there. It'll take a while as she's a bit down the cueue currently, need some grunts first.

ewqbvAG.jpg

So... were're doing Corruption Rune once that comes out right? :P

My take on the Latari Memorial. I recall a certain banner conversation with I think @flightmaster101 about holding my beer while I freehand Yggdrasil onto a banner, so we'll call this the warm up. I also wanted glowing runes on my Latari memorial, then I thought... Why not both?

So the Latari Memorial for my ice elves.

exVVADV.jpg

cQFZK6H.jpg

7rOnmVu.jpg

C90rAvT.jpg

I like the basing the best. That snow effect over flowers is spot on!

7 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

I like the basing the best. That snow effect over flowers is spot on!

Thanks, I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about the basing overall. Snow basing is a tad weird as I don't have a snow map, but I keep trudging on regardless for elves, it is too late to change.

I'm not sure I did the flowers intentionally, it might just be trapped powder, hah.

Reminds me of early spring in mount rainier national park in Washington. All the snow slowly receding revealing the color mountain flowers underneath. I dig it.

4 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

Reminds me of early spring in mount rainier national park in Washington. All the snow slowly receding revealing the color mountain flowers underneath. I dig it.

Yeah, I was going for it building away from the memorial, kind of a magic melt field or something. Glad I conveyed that, apparently.

Alright, cleared the rest of my backlog, on to the 1/2 painted pack of 4 cats left on my desk, everything else is just in queue.

My royal guard archers, I guess. I planned to have Maegan's cloth shift, so figured I'd start setting out a colour scheme now on some archers. It helped break the drudgery and dial in the method. The blondes were mk I and the brunettes Mk II, hence the brown haired ones better a bit better/smoother.

iTFsEPi.jpg

OTqj943.jpg

FNvCtaD.jpg?1

And 2 trays of generics that were boring before I felt the above muse.. If I paint the last 2 trays I have they will be something new as well.

WqEXKHW.jpg?1

qm9AGAy.jpg

Trays 3 and 4 of Leonx finally based, been sitting idle for 3-4 days. Was trying to replicate the blonde from my archers, a much lighter/subtler one, but it wasn't having any of it. I can't really remember what I did. So instead we've got screaming bright blonde with some orange tone shading that didn't photograph well. It is a bit obnoxious, but I'm done with these ones :D

x1278RP.jpg

P3V0BmY.jpg

Z999E1N.jpg

9de8tcT.jpg

Some work in progress for Maegan Cyndewin (Or the moose queen, as I prefer to call her).

Trying to capture the lightning, as a light source, and it is pretty tricky but I think this is pretty good so far. On to other parts of the model, the moose needs teeth/ a tongue and clothe. The saddle, clothe, armour, skin, hair, fur, and crown on the hero need the work as well. Lots to go, but the bulk is, I believe, done. Working with a different primary light source is a bit tricky. Some areas are kind of artificially contrasted just to add depth. The moose itself, may be a bit lacking sculpt wise. The below is 100% Polda's fault.

dW9GPVW.jpg

4tGikhv.jpg

9GwekSi.jpg

UkieaK8.jpg

2 hours ago, Darthain said:

Some work in progress for Maegan Cyndewin (Or the moose queen, as I prefer to call her).

Trying to capture the lightning, as a light source, and it is pretty tricky but I think this is pretty good so far. On to other parts of the model, the moose needs teeth/ a tongue and clothe. The saddle, clothe, armour, skin, hair, fur, and crown on the hero need the work as well. Lots to go, but the bulk is, I believe, done. Working with a different primary light source is a bit tricky. Some areas are kind of artificially contrasted just to add depth. The moose itself, may be a bit lacking sculpt wise. The below is 100% Polda's fault.

dW9GPVW.jpg

4tGikhv.jpg

9GwekSi.jpg

UkieaK8.jpg

Bloody well done, especially the antlers.

Also... MOOSE!

31 minutes ago, Polda said:

Bloody well done, especially the antlers.

Also... MOOSE!

Thanks, it was intimidating, but once you get going it becomes the same game, just with a tonne more highlight levels.

Still going on Maegan, basing left. The lightning really wasn't working out, could not make it jive, think the structure was just too thick and bulky. Now we have a ball of light and magic that will be spouting lightning any second, I swear. Or she borrowed Narya from Gandalf. Also, the face sculpt for Maegan is pretty bad.

I3ZEizT.jpg

hBeyina.jpg

oS3Dc0S.jpg

Your tree scion dude looks amazing with the flash, like he’s breathing ice.

Sorta irrelevant question but are you planning on getting Star Wars Legion? With your skill it would look amazing (and I’m going to get it so I need somebody with great ideas to copy from)

3 minutes ago, Jabby said:

Sorta irrelevant question but are you planning on getting Star Wars Legion? With your skill it would look amazing (and I’m going to get it so I need somebody with great ideas to copy from)

Thanks for the compliment, but unfortunately I will not be getting legion. I'm not a big star wars guy, and there are a lot of gameplay choices I don't like in it. If I did though, I'd definitely have purple and gold storm troopers though.

I steal most of my ideas too, per the latest Scorpion flavour text. 'good artists steal, I'm a great artist' ?. All true, except me being great anyway.

Edited by Darthain
Just now, Darthain said:

Thanks for the compliment, but unfortunately I will not be getting legion. I'm not a big star wars guy, and there are a lot of gameplay choices I don't like in it. If I did though, I'd definitely have purple and gold storm troopers though.

I was actually planning on doing a blingtrooper squad and a pimptrooper squad. One will be gold, the other probably pink/purple to reflect my purgle suit and tie I wear to formal school events

1 minute ago, Jabby said:

I was actually planning on doing a blingtrooper squad and a pimptrooper squad. One will be gold, the other probably pink/purple to reflect my purgle suit and tie I wear to formal school events

If you go over to Armada, I did a bunch of emblazoned purple and gold imp ships, I'm rather fond of them.

Just now, Darthain said:

If you go over to Armada, I did a bunch of emblazoned purple and gold imp ships, I'm rather fond of them.

Yeah I’ve seen them, they look great. If I ever go over to Armada i might try a gold colour scheme. Speaking of armada, how did the pheonix emblem on the isd go and how did you do it?

1 minute ago, Jabby said:

Yeah I’ve seen them, they look great. If I ever go over to Armada i might try a gold colour scheme. Speaking of armada, how did the pheonix emblem on the isd go and how did you do it?

It went great, but I'm biased. Never did get a great picture of it though.

To do it, I found a line art thing I liked. Then I cut it out with a hobby knife and loosely traced it with an art pen/marker on the ISD. (Stencils don't work on uneven surfaces, maybe if I had an airbrush?). Then I proceeded to just paint in, in my darkest tone, adjust lines as required to look 'right'. Then highlight it up. Surprisingly simple to be honest, just a steady hand and a bit of touch up from either side.