Jailbird and the Desperatos IC

By TheShard, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Kaimer winked at Caess, "Well, we each have our Specialties and Talents, right? That was one of mine. I'm sure your abilities will be needed soon and when they are, I'll be right behind you as you draw their fire away, O great leader!"

After seeing the empty cargo hold though, Kaimer couldn't hide his disappointment. "That's it?" He sighed and then asked everyone as he began poking and prodding into the crates and boxes belted against the wall, "Maybe we have a hidden compartment or two somewhere and something special to go along with the special cargo this ship used to transport?"

Caess smiled, at least what was a smile among the Sathari, then followed Kaimer into the cargo hold. Caess went to the cabinet and wall opposite of where Kaimer was. Hearing Kaimer's disappointment "The Empire generally puts something behind locked doors, perhaps this is where they wanted to put force users they captured." Caess said turning to look at the transperasteel barrier. Then he turns back to the cabinet to see if it is also locked.

Indeed. Behind the barrier was a retrofitted cell. Binders hang from the wall (give me a hard perception check, hard warfare check or an average mechanics with a setback). The cabinet its locked but after a few moments the lock pops easily.

Neatly organized grenades and rifles are held in place by a gun rack. The bottom of the cabinet houses gas canisters. (Easy warfare or average perception check to tell what everything is). Extra binders also hang in the cabnet.

Curious, Dex pokes around the weapons locker a bit, but only notices standard trooper rifles and carbines. Looking more more closely at the grenades and canisters, he is unable to discern their exact nature. Shrugging, he grins sheepishly at the Sathari Commander: " Sorry, Sir- I got nothing. Do most of my shooting from the cockpit."

"Well, I for one can certainly use these knockout grenades! Check out those two E-11 Blaster Rifles... Wait, what? They come with collapsible stocks for easier concealment, you guys! But why would they have this Field Sports Model 77 Airgun? Hmmm... It looks impressive. Oooh, what are these? Boxes of Ammo... and what's this box? Tranq rounds? Hmmmm... Yeah, I'll try these out and see how they work! "

Kaimer began moving his chosen boxes aside and then passing the rest of the ordinance to the others. He continued distributing the ammo and weapons automatically in assumption that everyone would take at least a rifle with ammunition just in case of an emergency.

Edited by Cartergame

"Hey guys! Look what else I found!" Kaimer said...

Caess was looking through the cabinet when Dex came up, "No problem." he responded to Dex's comments "I can't figure out much either." When Kaimer came up and started identifying everything in the cabinet Caess turned to him while looking at one of the E-11's that had been in the cabinet "Good work, this seems to be you day, neither of us could identify these." he said with a smile. Then Caess turned back to the cabinet "Not much here, but every bit helps our cause, let's see if there's anything else useful around here."

As your eyes search the crates you see something caught in the corner a crate, pinned in by a dent. It catches the light unnaturally.

Kaimer chuckles with glee and pulls it out...

Edited by Cartergame

Kaimer chuckles with glee and pulls it out...

Its a small piece of rock but on one side is a crystal fragment.

Kaimer looked at the Crystal Fragment and thought that this might be able to help fund their all of their equipment and gear needs...

"Hey guys," he said sarcastically while holding up the crystal, "Maybe we can sell this crystal to fund gear and equipment for all of us! What's it going to be? A lifetime supply of Flotam Dandy Hydraulic Lube?"

Kaimer grinned at his own sense of humor...

Edited by Cartergame

Around a bend is the bar your set to meet your ithorian contact. Not to far from the pace you ate at earlier. The hall is like a large worm tunnel. A few ceiling lights are out near the entrance. This gives it the quality of a burrow.

A soft hum and some music play put of a holovid music player in a back corner.

The bar itself doesn't seem open except the neon sign being on. Chairs are still on most of the tables and only a holonews channel playing above the bar suggests the bar is staffed.

As you enter the bar a table to right far along the wall sits 8 people including an ithorian. They all look rough.

Jaycen walks in, his hands in his pockets as he surveys the room. Spotting his long time acquaintance he nods his head to her and heads in that direction. "Morning Shah, good to see you again." He says amiably, though his mood is somewhat subdued. "Thanks for meeting with us."

Dex approaches the motley crew.. not that his is any less so...

"Man.. You guys look rough."

Edited by Edgehawk

Caess followed Jaycen in, and paused next to him, waiting for him to speak. Rough group, Caess thought to himself, not that you would expect any less on a planet like this. "Yes" Caess said, following Jaycen. "We hope that it will benefit both of us. I'm Caess."

The Ithorian turns and a sends low murmur and a nod of recognition their way. The others turn and size up the incoming group. As your group approaches, the whispering conversation ends and all but the Ithorian, stand up slowly and move to a table ten feet away. They give you a long stare before sitting and resuming idle chatter.

Caess followed and sat down at the table. He waited until the group at the Ithorian's previous table had returned to their own conversation. Then he spoke "Jaycen told us you have a thing for ships. We have an interesting ship for you to check out, make sure everything is working. What do you think?"

In an alto voice that you feel despite its low volume, she answers. Hmmm.... yes, i suppose i do... Her voice slow and steady.

One of the men drops a carbine on the floor. He nonchalantly picks it up, wipes off some crumbs and dusty from the floor and sets it back on the table top and continues telling a story.

Whatcha got? she asks, pulling a days pad from a bag on the floor.

Caess lowered his voice to avoid eavesdropping, "It's a Sentinel-class ship with some unique modifications. What do you think, will you take a look?"

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

Lead the way...

Caess stands up and starts out of the bar, "Follow me," he says.

Dex starts to follow, warily, when he notices something..?

Besides one of the roughnecks that gets up and accompanies you, there is someone from the same table who decided to tail you. It's not obvious of they are trying to remain unnoticed or just lagging behind.

Jaycen moves to follow Shah and his companions, not thinking anything is out of the ordinary.