Jailbird and the Desperatos IC

By TheShard, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

"Sorry, these are for the sarlac pit tours. You can catch those from Mos Eisley..." a tired weequay security guard roughly answers.

"I wouldn't expect that you need all of them every time? We just need someone to drop us off at T  osche S  tat  ion  ." Caess approached the guard, hoping to get out of this desert as soon as possible.

44 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

"I wouldn't expect that you need all of them every time? We just need someone to drop us off at T  osche S  tat  ion  ." Caess approached the guard, hoping to get out of this desert as soon as possible.

(Social check?)

"Fine see Hanreek, he's the old Dogface in the corner. He's gonna be getting off in 20 minutes. Talk to him about the fare."

He points at a heavily wrinkled Klatoonian parking a speeder.

"All right, we'll speak with him. Thank you for your help." Caess finished and started heading towards the direction they had been directed in.

Caess approached the Klatoonian, "I hear that you can drop us off at T  osche S  tat  ion   , for a reasonable fee?" Caess said expecting nothing on this planet to be reasonable.

Ah kriff'n 'ell!

Mumbling under his breath, that bantha humping darach bitten lump of podo having me give rides for charity, what do i look like...

He ushers you on board the sciff, the suns are starting to set. He takes off before everyone is seated. Eager to get home. He hollars back, Yall got 40 cred?

Edited by TheShard

"We sure do." Caess said, pulling out the appropriate amount and showing it to the Klantoonian.

He doesn't talk much during the ride over the rolling sands, life picks up before you hit town as the last speeder caravans are coming in for the night.

You pass a giant sancrawler truing to make desperate repairs as the sunlight fades.

Poor buggers, hope they don't get raided! The driver exclaims as you whip past.

You finally see the town appearing over a dune and in no time you are through the gate checkpoint and pulling into the speeder's stall.

Go luck and goodnight!

The diver birds you farewell and departs hastily after a long shift.

Jawas, Raiders, and Hutts, Oh my! Hope our little astromechs have had a less eventful stay than we have had...

"So. This is Tosche Station, huh? Let's see what we can find. Or who?"

Dex walks toward the main building, still not quite sure what they're looking for, or what they should expect.

Edited by Edgehawk

Not much by the looks of it, what a depressing dust bowl this is... still we have a job to do.

The Gank shifts his mask and checks his saber is still tucked deep in his robe as they cross the dusty yard.

The red light of fading suns glows over a parched landscape. Shadows stretching in the late weariness of approaching dusk. The first wave of shops are closed or closing, the cantinas however are just picking up. And posters of various musical acts and specials are advertised as each establishment competes for the slow trickle of patrons available.

"A band and a brew might be nice, if everything else is rolling up shop.." might finally get that blasted tune out of my head.. "But really.. I'm just ready to get off this blasted rock."

The darkened storefronts and closed doors do not look promising.

"If we can't catch our mech at the shop, maybe we can at least find where the grease monkeys hang out after work?"

"Yes, the sooner we can get off this planet the better." And do that job for the Hutt, then we can get back to what we're supposed to be doing. "Let's check around to find that mechanic."

Kaz strolls along near, but not appearing to be with, the group. Stopping at a street food vendor he browses the menu before ordering

Two of those wamp rat skewers, hard to drink on an empty stomach.

He hands a couple of creds over to the vendor and waits while the food sizzles on the grill

This gal watches everything going by, she should know where a mechanic hangs out at night he thinks

Where can a spacer find a drink around here, preferably somewhere I could find a mechanic to fix a problem?

Couple shops in town, either hit them up before they close... Wanna hurry for that... Or hit the hole in the wall down the street from the Eisley Cantina... They serve locals more than spacers like yourself... if... its a local mechanic. If not Mos Eisley Cantina is the big draw for offworlders...

Edited by TheShard

Kaz nods his head, takes the skewers mumbles a quick “ Thanks ” and starts munching as he heads off down the street to catch up with the others.

There’s two places, if you don’t want to go into every shop as well, the cantina serves mostly off worlders and apparently it’s a real draw... can’t see why. The other place is a little hole in the wall down further, that’s where locals hang out. How do we even know who this mechanic is anyway? What’s his description? I thought he was just gonna be waiting for us... These womp rat skewers are good !”

He finishes off the first and starts on his second.

Edited by Richardbuxton

The two shops are at one end of town frequented by racers and amature pilots. Its adjacent but unconnected to the spaceport. The Mos Eisley Cantina is down the way from the spaceport. The local watering hole is at the opposite end of town where local venders trade wares.

"Let's check out the two shops they seem the most likely. If our mechanic isn't there then we can look in the cantina since their expecting a ride, and that's where the spacers seem to gather."

"Hey, wait.. didn't we have a name, or something?"

(I have no idea what it may have been..?)

Yeah, what was it again? Benny? I’m hopeless with names ” Kaz munches a bit more on his skewer before continuing “ whatever this mechanics name is, if we want to make it to those shops we had best get moving ” he glances sideways up an alley as the walk was that movement? Nah, just shadows... just shadows Kaz

(You all tell me what his name is!)

Waiting in the shadows, Daska thinks to himself, where are they? They should be here by now. Something must have happened. Suddenly he hears three voices, luckily close enough to hear, and they are discussing the mechanic! Approaching the group quickly from the shadows, The mechanic you seek is Dran , not Benny. Dran Balbri. Follow quickly and I'll take you to him, we have to lose your tail and the next corner is perfect for that. The time for questions will come once we're there. Daska increases his pace and takes the next right.

“Aww *****” Kaz curses as he finally spots the obvious tail, speeding up to round the corner

Caess pauses in surprise at the strangers sudden appearance and statement, leaving him a few steps behind Kaz as they round the corner. We'll lose the one tail and then figure out why this individual was following us as well.