Jailbird and the Desperatos IC

By TheShard, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Jaycen stepped forward, glancing around their current location as he replied. "Technically, the Imperials spilled the beans. We stole a large amount of data from them, and there was mention of the two of you.." he gestures at them with his hand "..and something about your sensitivity levels?" He shrugs at this last bit, clearly it didn't mean anything to him, but he doesn't seem to care either. "As to why we care, if they want you, then we don't want them to get you. It's as simple as that. We'd be willing to take you on if you feel like getting off this rock."

Dam it! " Ha! Off world? " Cr*p Cr*p Kaz, think boy " You probably expect us to work for your sorry a**es in return hey..." Lie! " Whose to say we don't already have a ride? We have been here longer than you, what can you offer that's better?

Jaycen simply raises an eyebrow at Kaz's outburst, but otherwise shows no visible reaction to his passive aggressive diatribe. His Imperial accent coming more to the forefront at the mild annoyance from Kaz's comments. "As much as having a butler would appeal to me, no, we didn't really expect you to.." he pauses to make air quotes "... work for us so to speak. We were offering to get you off planet. If you have your own transportation, then great, if not..." he glances up at the ceiling, and the ever growing hum of the Star Destroyers. "...feel free to hang around for another ride. But I can guarantee that our accommodations will be more amiable than theirs. We're offering you way off this rock, do you want it or not?"

Tychus followed along with the rest of the crew, his hounds at his heels, their eyes constantly scanning their surroundings. Then they entered the meeting area he stayed within earshot but didn't weigh in on the conversation... not until Kaz' outburst.

"Watch yourself mate, things are about to get real dicey around here." he says, waving the hand cannon towards the looming Imperial ships. "Last thing we need is someone who ain't stable up-top." he taps the blaster against his head with a smile. " Now, if you got a boat offworld, lets make with the moving, and if you don't then let's make with the thievin', okay?"

All this small talk and beating around the bush was gonna land them in an Imperial jail cell... he was starting to get itchy, and from the low mewling coming from Wrath and Ruin, the anxiety was beginning to be noticeable. " Everyone agree... or should I ghost y'all, do some killy-killy, and get us a ship while ya talk all day?"

Suddenly the look of building anxiety was replaced with a sadistic grin. We really liked the idea of being let off his leash.

Edited by DJCrazee

Caess continued to look at the Gank after his response. If they don't want help this was a wasted trip, and we should leave now. But if he is bluffing then...

"If you have a way out, and don't want our help, then let's not keep each other from our ways out." Caess started out of the room then paused half way between the pair of force users and the door "...Unless your ride can't outrun or out-shoot TIE Fighters, and I must say I haven't seen many civilian transports that can do that. I bet by now the Empire has stopped all outbound traffic. Then we might still have something to talk about." Caess turned back to see if they really had a ride that could get them off this planet, or if the Gank was just bluffing.

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

These guys are sharp, no way their faking this. " Yeah, your probably right, our ride is likely grounded now. We where going to jump on a Smugglers ship, a guy we know... but it's not really big enough for all of you lot too. Where's your ship parked?"

Kaz keeps scanning the street as he talks, no soldiers where visible yet but it wouldn't be long. A sigh escapes him as he thinks of the trouble this turn of events brings. His fathers voice talks to him it's going to be a long day son, get yourself ready.

"Our ship? Oh it's in the starport, I forget the docking bay number, but I'm sure I'll remember it when we find it." He turns to the others and says brightly. "Let's go find our ride shall we? I find the local atmosphere oppressive at this point."

"And if we can't find it, I'm sure that the Empire will generously let us have one of theirs. Come on let's see what's around." Caess turned back towards the door to see that the cell's R2 unit R2-ω1 had followed them into the building. Good to still have it around. "Come on." He told ω1 "Let's go find our ship." It's beeped response was probably saying that ω1 knew where the ship was, it had crashed. The expression on Caess' face was a smile among his people, not that many non-Sathari would recognize it as so.

" You don't have a ship either! " They don't have a ship! " What kind of plan involves escape from the empire without a ship!" Shi*! Stealing time it is then...

" Well I suppose an Imperial shuttle would be the easiest way to get past a blockade. Not too small, not too big, defendable... Lambda?"

Tychus can't help but chuckle as things click for Kaz. "We got shot down and crashed. Long story."

"So lets make with the stealin'." He growls, spitting on the ground and puffing his cigar. The blue-green smoke has an almost acidic smell to it. Some poison leaf from Nar Shadaa, no doubt. "Lambda sounds about right, we sneak in, I'll do what I do best, and we get outta here asap." he grumbles the words out.

"Or..." and suddenly he lights up excitedly. "We grab up a pilot, force him to fly the boat out and ensure we got the right codes, and then we float him as soon as we're clear?" Unless it's her... you haven't seen her in so long. So what if she's supposed to arrest you, you love each other, it's not like she hasn't let you get away before...

Edited by DJCrazee

The whine of the fighters increase and if you were to look out the window you'd see a lambda flanked by two sentinel class troop transports. The look to be aiming to land at "Slowly Dying's" port.

In the distance you see a similar formation landing closer to the barracks. An explosion shakes the building your in as a pair of tie fighters destroy a small Tie-Ugly fighter, a bizarre mismatch of tie and y-wing parts.

A klaxon sounds and after a minute a broadcast is made from the town P.A.

Our imperial friends will be making a routine search and inspection today. Please open all ship hatches and prepare to be boarded, and do not take off until cleared. Thank you.

Jaycen frowns as he hears the message on the PA. He starts moving towards the docking bays now that everyone seems to be in agreement of getting off this rock. "Well, that puts a damper on things, and no mistake." He glances at the others. "We'll probably have to be quick about this. I can possibly distract anyone that's in the way of the ship we want, or I can try and slice our way in while someone else keeps people busy. Anyone got a different, and hopefully better idea?"

Edited by KungFuFerret

" Listen, the best ship to get past an imperial blockade is an imperial ship. Let's get ourselves close to the port and see if we can't sneak onto one of theirs. We kidnap the pilot and have them provide the clearance codes, then before anyone knows what's really up we make the jump to... " where? Your just making this up, you have no clue what your doing or where your going . Kaz's dads voice had a horrible habit of speaking up right at the wrong time. " well anywhere really, just not here. Should be simple " if you guys are any good at what your supposed to be doing!

"First, we need to see what security the Imperials have already put into place. We can't go up against dozens of Stormtroopers. But if they're spread around the town then getting one of those Sentinels could be the best way of getting out." Sometimes the Empire gets overconfident, and under-protects their ships, but sometimes they completely ignore entire sections of ports just to protect them. Let's see what this commander does. Caess looks out the window to see if the Empire has made any moves yet. "But we should get into position to observe the port soon, otherwise there'll be no getting out of here."

Jaycen, already heading towards the spaceport, nods his agreement to what Caess said, and continues moving forward, glancing around as he approaches the location to see who is hanging around, and where.

There are some ships in the distance rushing to take off. A few already dancing around ties as they try to break for it. Others are resigned to being boarded. Its fairly busy for a small ramehackle port. Their is one sentinal surrounded by 6 troopers the rest are trying to lock down the port. One group to your left is engaged in a fire fight with two trandoshan pirates.

It starts to drizzle.

Tychus looks at the Sentinal and grunts. "Six ain't much. Especially with a group like us. Most the rest shouldn't be able to respond in time." He says, offhandedly waving his pistol in the direction of the firefight.

"Unless you wanna do your whole 'Follow my orders, I'm an officer' thing that you do? Might not end up like it did on Boonta Eve hahaha" he says, remembering the shootout and all the chaos that followed.

Kaz follows the group taking time to look over his new companions a little more. That gun really is huge, is he trying to compensate for a lack of something else? " Really, six troopers and probably a few more on board, that's a bit light for a guard. There must be more hanging around here watching over things...Either way if we get onboard things get easier. Let's not forget these guys know who they are looking for from what you told us, any imperial who gets a good look at is is going to need to die or this won't be a dead end for their hunt. " Kaz pulls his cloak around him, the shield on his back may be a bit of a give away if they know about that though.

Jaycen glances at Tychus and gives him a look. "How was I supposed to know that Imperial was engaged to that Trandoshan? Inter-species relationships are incredibly hard to predict. It would've worked just fine otherwise" He says, in reference to the incident Tychus mentioned. While he says this, he begins to rummage in his backpack, ducking inside a nearby doorway as he does so. "Yes, the officers likely know who they are looking for," Jaycen says to Kaz, his voice relaxed, his Imperial accent becoming more pronounced, as if he was holding it back. "however your average trooper is usually told to just go here, go there, and shoot at anyone they think looks funny. They are conditioned to follow the chain of command, " he continues, taking off his outer clothing, and pulling out a folded packet of grey clothing. He carefully unfolds it, revealing an Imperial Lieutenants uniform. He puts it on with practiced ease, straightening the sleeves, and his colors on his breast. He then strips out of his pants, not really worried about modesty, he's got on shorts anyway, putting on the pants and boots. He puts on the gloves, but before donning the Imperial cap, he turns toward the frame of the doorway, sighs heavily as if he hates what is about to happen, and then promptly smacks his forehead into the frame. "Ow." He says, for obvious reasons, as a bit of blood begins to appear on his scalp, and slowly trickling down his cheek. He takes the cap, and puts it on, carefully avoiding the blood.

He looks at Kaz, apparently satisfied with his preparations. "So we are going to give them exactly what they think they want, and then aim them in the other direction for the final morsel. I'll need you to play the cowed fugitive, caught and resigned to your fate." He draws out a small blaster from his pack, and holds it in his hand.

Seeing Kaz agree to the ruse, Jaycen grabs his hands behind his back, and begins to roughly shove him forward, approaching the group of soldiers.

"You there!" He says, his voice full of command. "Trooper!" He again shoves Kaz as he approaches, just enough to make his gate a bit unsteady. "My squad has located the targets of interest, and we were able to capture this putrid filth here." He says, twisting Kaz's wrist just slightly to make him wince. "My squad is pinned down however trying to apprehend the other suspect, apparently they were able to get in contact with some local resistance, and they are hold up two blocks that way!" He points towards the more seedy part of town, where there are hints of noise and activity rising over the air. He reaches up and dabs at the blood on his forehead, taking a moment to look at it on his gloved finger. He snarls and cuffs Kaz across the back of the head with his hand that is holding the blaster, always keeping the other hand behind Kaz's back. "They need reinforcement now! The vermin are surprisingly well fortified, and we can't let the other fugitive escape! Hurry!" He says, gesturing again, in a tone of certainty that his orders will be obeyed.

The large triangular wings collect the drizzle and drop down large beads of water onto you and the point stormtrooper. The drops drum on his white laminate armor.

He radios the unit to follow and heads off, the rest follow their coms cracking off a sighting report to another unit.

The side hatch to the trooper hold is open.

Jaycen stands there, still holding Kaz in place, waiting until the troopers are well and truly out of sight. Then he says in a low, but pleased voice. "Ah, discipline and obedience. Tools of the Empire, but so easily turned against them too." He lets go of Kaz's hands, that were never truly bound anyway, and then waves back to the rest of the group, gesturing them forward. He points over towards his pack, silently asking one of them to bring it with them. "Now we just have to get out of orbit and clear. " Jaycen comments as he ascends the ramp into the ship. He stows his blaster, and proceeds inside.

Edited by KungFuFerret

Walking up the ramp you surprise two officers mid conversation. One has his heels elevated up on a consol.

(both of you roll vigilance)

Tychus watches the troopers rush off and smiles. That's my boy! he says as he rushes up the ramp with Wrath and Ruin tailing at his sides.

Edited by DJCrazee

Caess watches the Stormtroopers until they are out of sight. Then he turns his head back towards Jaycen, seeing his gestures Caess quietly calls out to the group "Ok, let's move out, who knows how long before someone else comes along, and make sure we don't leave anything behind." He points at Jaycen's pack among the other items sitting nearby. Then Caess started out jogging towards the Sentinel in a half crouch to try and keep his profile low. That went well. Caess thought to himself knowing that this was just the first step in getting off the planet, there was a lot more they would have to do before they were safe. Now they needed to secure the ship.

Kaz follows along with the ruse beautifully, head bowed, hands together, stooped low with the perfect face of person who knows they are defeated. He is careful to keep his cloak drawn to hide the fact he is still armed. The troops do their duty and race off at the orders of an imperial officer. Good boys thinks Kaz now it's only any crew that are left .

Kaz walks up the ramp of the ship, leading Jaycen, as they maintain the ruse, to see a couple of officers sitting back chatting. Pilot? Comms ? Kaz thinks quickly those rebels better have my back! Comms it is.

With reflexes enhanced by high quality Gank Cybernetics he draws his Saber, ignites it, and throws all in one fluid motion. It hurtles straight at the officer with his feet up.