It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

By FSD, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

I know it will never happen, but I honestly wouldn't mind if they announced new products once they started to ship (roughly two weeks before actually being in stores). That is what happened with Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition since they kept it hush hush till the last minute.

I know it will never happen, but I honestly wouldn't mind if they announced new products once they started to ship (roughly two weeks before actually being in stores). That is what happened with Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition since they kept it hush hush till the last minute.

There was one point last year where they had three different waves announced before any of them hit available. That was kinda nice but also really frustrating because one had been announced for a rather long time. And it started getting confusing.

That's exactly what they do nowadays. The Jabba wave is an exception, being a Gencon announcement - you make special plans to make bombshell announcements at Gencon specifically.

totally unprofessional!

they need to get their heads outta their a$$es, and start having firm release dates.

boats sink , dock workers strike, workers have demonstrations. To account for unforeseen (and known delays), fixed release dates would mean they have the stuff in their warehouse waiting for the release date, and then you would still complain about it . Why can't they ship as soon as they have them?

Or alternatively they would announce the release dates the same week they have the stuff.

no, I would not, Other game companies don't seem to have this problem.

boats sink? what century is this?

What would the century need to be for ships not to sink?

I remember that one of the container ships that capsized/sunk recently carried some boardgames too, but didn't store in my memory which company was most affected. (I am just certain it wasn't FFG.) Also, the bankruptcy of Hanjin Shipping could've added significant delays for their customers if the ports were more cautious about docking and unloading fees for the bankrupt company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shipwrecks_in_2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shipwrecks_in_2015

What would the century need to be for ships not to sink?

I remember that one of the container ships that capsized/sunk recently carried some boardgames too, but didn't store in my memory which company was most affected. (I am just certain it wasn't FFG.) Also, the bankruptcy of Hanjin Shipping could've added significant delays for their customers if the ports were more cautious about docking and unloading fees for the bankrupt company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shipwrecks_in_2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shipwrecks_in_2015

Lol - yes boats sink! Thank you a1bert for the proof :)

It is funny that I don't think of boats sinking nowadays, but when I stop to think about it of course there will always be breakdowns and ships can sink on any given day. I'd compare it to the very real phenomena of people who actually think their food comes from a grocery store and have no idea what a farm is. I mean this is the 21st century farms are so outdated :)

Jabba will get here when his slow slug booty gets here ;)

you defend FF's incompetence, as if you own the company :unsure:

do you have any idea why there is a delay, or are you just makin' stuff up? :wacko:

all I want is the product or a real reason for the delay. :rolleyes:

Why do you say there is delay? Do you have knowledge of a delay, or are you just making stuff up?

It's impossible to give a reason for a delay when there is none.

I don't own FFG stock.

you defend FF's incompetence, as if you own the company :unsure:

do you have any idea why there is a delay, or are you just makin' stuff up? :wacko:

all I want is the product or a real reason for the delay. :rolleyes:

What's incompetent in having a lead time between announcement and release of a product?

There isn't necessarily a delay, since we've never been given a release date.

If you're referring to the status of shipping, take a look at the update page (emphasis mine).

The product is traveling from the printer to our warehouse. The duration of this process varies depending on where the printer is located, be it in the US, China, or Germany, but generally takes four to six weeks.

It would be fantastic to already have the game in our hands, but acting like you're owed something is pretty silly.

edit: I wonder if, if there is indeed a delay, it's not because of Destinies, but because of Doom? The two games are very similar.

Edited by subtrendy

Looks like Jabba's Realm will come out on Dec 23. Doom will be out next week. Jabba should be released thereafter. Give one more week or so for shipping and the new toys should be out by December 30th.

Looks like Jabba's Realm will come out on Dec 23. Doom will be out next week. Jabba should be released thereafter. Give one more week or so for shipping and the new toys should be out by December 30th.

Well, I guess a Christmas gift a week late isn't too big of a deal.

Gahhhh.

On a serious note, might have to start taking some time off the forums once an expansion is announced.

Gahhhh.

On a serious note, might have to start taking some time off the forums once an expansion is announced.

Wait, you can ask for time off, from the forums?

On a personal note, I would like to say that I hate the fact that this thread title lies to me about the day of the week on every day other than Friday. When I log in on Thursday, I'm doubly pissed that there is no news AND that I have one more day of work. Someone owes me an apology.

On a personal note, I would like to say that I hate the fact that this thread title lies to me about the day of the week on every day other than Friday. When I log in on Thursday, I'm doubly pissed that there is no news AND that I have one more day of work. Someone owes me an apology.

34932210.jpg

Seeing how it actually is Friday now (that better?) do we expect anything today?

Unless we get a shipping update (and maybe some announcement to go along with it) I'm not really thinking we'll get anything.

edit: Getting pretty late, still nothing yet.

Dang!

Edited by subtrendy

So, looks like an early Age of Rebellion article today. But Fridays often see two articles.

Wave IX got moved up to At the Printer recently- maybe we'll see something for that?

Otherwise, we're one day short of a year from when the Bespin Gambit was announced- might we see a small box announcement today?

Hype train, pulling into the station!

Edited by subtrendy

PLEASE SOME IA NEWS

I would guess there will not be a small-box announcement.

Run, FAQ2.3, RUN!

We'll see a small box announced at GAMA.

30 minutes ago, mulletcheese said:

We'll see a small box announced at GAMA.

I initially thought this as well, but they did announce Bespin a week or 2 before GAMA last year, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Been way too long since we had news for what should be an established production line by now.... :(

They just put up a big spoiler for RuneWars (WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT RUNEWARS?!?) so I doubt we see any IA stuff today :/

Next week though!!

Ugh another week no nothing :(