It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

By FSD, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

unless you can now include Luke and Alternate Reality Luke from the future, or Clone Luke and Cyborg Luke, then I guess multiple command cards would be useful in your all-Luke army.

So, we're pretty much expecting Terro today, right?

At the bottom of the Luke article they mention that the next preview is for the alliance rangers

Terro is the one that we know the least about, usually they save that one for the very last, so there's always something to leak at the end. Usually as they're shipping it to the stores/houses, etc.

Luke was included in the core game so everybody has that command card. If they release alternate models of other unique, e.g. Han, they likely will include a new command card or second copy.

Unless that alternate version is a young Darth Vader... which I think is reasonably likely.

At the bottom of the Luke article they mention that the next preview is for the alliance rangers

Yeah, forgot about that.

Though, it looks like we already have Destinies and LOTR CCG articles today. Maybe we won't get any IA.

The previous preview came out later during the night, so it's still possible. Although with around 5 weeks still on the boat there's no rush.

will they preview other stuff from the big box? i'd love to see the command cards of the characters. I'm trying to see if Onar is going to be worth taking in competitive skirmish games.

There's Parry and Stealth Tactics, and you can stick him next to Han Solo, Chewbacca or c3PO but that won't keep him alive for long. I've seen a full health Bantha go down to 2 deployments of troopers.

will they preview other stuff from the big box? i'd love to see the command cards of the characters. I'm trying to see if Onar is going to be worth taking in competitive skirmish games.

There's Parry and Stealth Tactics, and you can stick him next to Han Solo, Chewbacca or c3PO but that won't keep him alive for long. I've seen a full health Bantha go down to 2 deployments of troopers.

It's true about how quick health goes down with no defense dice, but at the same time Onar is only 6 points. I think use him like a bowling ball or to push someone back into range of your own guys and he can be fun. All timing.

I really want to see those command cards though :)

Captain Terro today...?

Could be, but with FFG Worlds going on, I'm not holding my breath.

Could be, but with FFG Worlds going on, I'm not holding my breath.

I was thinking the same thing but they did post an Eldritch Horror article so Obi Wan may not be our only hope today...

Are people still thinking November 30th for release on the Jabba stuff? anybody heard anything while at the Worlds event?

Are people still thinking November 30th for release on the Jabba stuff? anybody heard anything while at the Worlds event?

Well, it was put On the Boat on 10/21. Rigidly applying the four to six weeks standard (which honestly is a guess at best, though usually falls within that timeframe), I'd expect to see it no earlier than 11/18 and no later than 12/2. Though, of course, who you ordered it from will have to be factored in as well.

A little birdy told me that a local store in Australia already has stock of Jabba's Palace but isn't allowed to sell or talk about it.

Apparently one of the other main distributors is complaining that they always get beaten to market by several weeks.

That being said, I didn't personally see the stock and it seems very strange since it wasn't shown at Worlds and is still "on the boat". I would think if a store in Oz could get some then other places would start getting stock and we'd hear about it.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what reason the store has to lie, they weren't trying to sell me anything, we were just talking about release dates etc.

Another store said their distributor doesn't have stock and doesn't even have a release date yet.

I'm not sure what to make of it all. Perhaps FFG is waiting till everyone has stock on hand to announce the release and have it global?

Perhaps they are stalling till after SW Destiny launch parties (or full launch).... Or maybe they are waiting to do it at the same time? I hope it's not that. My wallet will cry.

I'm not sure what to make of it all. Perhaps FFG is waiting till everyone has stock on hand to announce the release and have it global?

Perhaps they are stalling till after SW Destiny launch parties (or full launch).... Or maybe they are waiting to do it at the same time? I hope it's not that. My wallet will cry.

It might be because of Destiny.

Honestly, I don't think they'd make too big of a deal out of this release, though. I mean, we're certainly excited for it, but it's the 5th expansion for the game at this point- hardly a groundbreaking release.

It might be because of Destiny.

Honestly, I don't think they'd make too big of a deal out of this release, though. I mean, we're certainly excited for it, but it's the 5th expansion for the game at this point- hardly a groundbreaking release.

Agreed but they do still make fairly big deals about X-wing waves (what is it now? 9, 10?).

I know the last few X-wing releases were "same time worldwide" for the most part. IA has always lagged behind in that case. Maybe this will be the first worldwide release for IA.

I dunno... I hope it's soon. Our first Regionals is 4th Dec. If it's not released in the next week or so it probably won't be legal.

I want to try out some cool new stuff already!

Maybe this will be the first worldwide release for IA.

The translated versions are still lagging behind because of production reasons. They are very unlikely to catch up at this point. So if by worldwide you mean that it will be released in translated versions, then certainly no. The translated versions of Bespin Gambit are still on their way and will probably hit just after Jabba's Realm is released.

Shipping from China to Australia is much shorter than to USA, so I can see stuff shipped directly to Australia and the rest of the world serviced from the USA warehouse (the 1-2 weeks extra comes from that).

As far as I remember, the previous wave was already a virtually simultaneous release with FFG setting a common don't-sell-before-this date. At least it looked like that to me.

Shipping from China to Australia is much shorter than to USA, so I can see stuff shipped directly to Australia and the rest of the world serviced from the USA warehouse (the 1-2 weeks extra comes from that).

As far as I remember, the previous wave was already a virtually simultaneous release with FFG setting a common don't-sell-before-this date. At least it looked like that to me.

The Return To Hoth and Bespin came here (Denmark) almost at the same time as in US, which is rare. Usually we're waiting 2-4 weeks extra on Netrunner. Crossing fingers for a fast release on Jabba's Realm.

Well, we've got Capt Terro/Dewback preview and a Jabba preview and then maybe one more general Jabba's Realm preview left if I'm counting correctly. (I have no idea actually) so I'm hoping 3-4 weeks

Well, we've got Capt Terro/Dewback preview and a Jabba preview and then maybe one more general Jabba's Realm preview left if I'm counting correctly. (I have no idea actually) so I'm hoping 3-4 weeks

Pretty sure all we should have are Cpt Terro, Jabba, and the release day article.

And I don't think the number of articles is any indication, really. For Bespin, we got articles for ISB and Bossk on the same day, a week before release. The final Hoth article we got before its release (Dengar) was over two weeks before the expansion hit shelves. It was also over two weeks between the final TS article (Kayn Somos) and its release, and at that time we had already had a Hoth announcement. Then, the last figure pack for core (Luke) was roughly a week before its announcement article.

So, I honestly think there's not a ton of rhyme or reason to this. It'll hit in a few weeks, and I absolutely cannot wait to get my rancor. But, hey, I'm still gonna have to wait a little bit.

And I don't think the number of articles is any indication, really. For Bespin, we got articles for ISB and Bossk on the same day, a week before release. The final Hoth article we got before its release (Dengar) was over two weeks before the expansion hit shelves. It was also over two weeks between the final TS article (Kayn Somos) and its release, and at that time we had already had a Hoth announcement. Then, the last figure pack for core (Luke) was roughly a week before its announcement article.

So, I honestly think there's not a ton of rhyme or reason to this. It'll hit in a few weeks, and I absolutely cannot wait to get my rancor. But, hey, I'm still gonna have to wait a little bit.

The Imperial player just stuck a Bantha in Canyon Run... twice. Jabba's palace should come just in time for me to return the favor... but with a Rancor. Can't wait.

Edited by Union

The Imperial player just stuck a Bantha in Canyon Run... twice. Jabba's palace should come just in time for me to return the favor... but with a Rancor. Can't wait.

Well, coming from an Imperial player: best of luck in getting that Rancor on your side. :P

Ozgameshop has the release date at 25/11 if that's to be believed? Or would that be for pre-release if they go out early