It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

By FSD, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

If FFG stays true to form, we should hopefully see a preview today. Since the Heroes and Imperials from the big box have been spoiled, that leaves us with the Ally/Villain packs.

Which one are you most excited to get more info about?

Which one do you think we will actually get?

I want my Dewback Rider.

It'll probably be Luke. Though I am eager to see what they announce with both Jabba and Captain Terro.

They might even announce some new standalone packs - there's often announcement or previews mixed in with the other preview articles...

Our options are;

Luke

Jabba

Rangers

Dewback/Terro

My guess is Terro

Did I forget anything?

It is weird they didn't mention who was up next. They usually do.

As far as how much each ally/villain pack has to actually be new spoilers:

Jabba has a skirmish upgrade I want to see

Luke does as well (and hopefully a force user command card)

But I really want to see the dewbacks so we can know what those elites look like and maybe a creature command card!

So I'm hoping dewbacks next :)

But even more than that I want to see them updated to on the boat because I'm getting a little worried about that not being the case yet.

Edited by Masterchiefspiff

But even more than that I want to see them updated to on the boat because I'm getting a little worried about that not being the case yet.

Return to Hoth was only on the boat in November, so its still much earlier than last year. If they announce it on the boat middle of October, it will be released beginning of December...

Jabba has a skirmish upgrade I want to see

Luke does as well (and hopefully a force user command card)

+1 for Dewback!

Edited by DerBaer

December? I don't think I can wait that long. I'd rather we have something every week til it releases (4 weeks away, I'm wishing)

Jabba's Realm is not even marked as being on the boat yet, and from that it's 6-8 weeks to the warehouse and 1-2 weeks until available locally. Unless, of course, FFG is now updating the Upcoming page information intentionally in a delayed fashion.

So, it is completely possible that we need to wait for next week for the next preview.

(You can't benefit from Murphy's law so the above may not have any effect...)

Edited by a1bert

Ya'll got anymore of those updates?

*dave chappelle crack head meme*

Jabba's Realm is not even marked as being on the boat yet, and from that it's 6-8 weeks to the warehouse and 1-2 weeks until available locally. Unless, of course, FFG is now updating the Upcoming page information intentionally in a delayed fashion.

So, it is completely possible that we need to wait for next week for the next preview.

(You can't benefit from Murphy's law so the above may not have any effect...)

I'd expect it to be "On The Boat" soon.

IIRC both it and Destiny went to the printers on the same date. Destiny went "On The Boat" yesterday so I'm crossing fingers it will be leaving the Far East next week.

It's looking a lot like they aren't going to announce anything for IA today :(

I think Jabba's Realm will try to be out before Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

~D

It's looking a lot like they aren't going to announce anything for IA today :(

They've shown the cards for most of the figures. Non-Terro Dewback and maybe some skirmish upgrades are most of what's left on the Skirmish side. Gotta save some stuff for shipping announcements and it's not on the boat yet!

On the other hand that delve thing for descent sounds awesome

Ya it really does, I like that they are going other routes than just routine campaigns.

So serous question: if they wanted to do an equivalent in IA, how would they theme it? A super being that holds you in pocket dimension until you complete the tasks he has for you doesn't work so well in an SF setting

friday-damn.gif

Maybe the collapse of the Korean shipping firm meant that force Friday was cancelled.

So serous question: if they wanted to do an equivalent in IA, how would they theme it? A super being that holds you in pocket dimension until you complete the tasks he has for you doesn't work so well in an SF setting

It could be a series of linked objectives in a wartime setting - it just picks a planet, and you're on that for the whole 2 hours. You could still change things up by going into bases, climbing mountains etc. to change the scenery and enemies.

Or maybe the short playtime outlet for Imperial Assault is Skirmish mode (which I'm pretty sure you can't do in Descent?).

OK I am a huge Mando fan, pretty excited about Shyla Varad, Daugter of Mandalore.

An equivalent of what? Star Wars isn't science faction, it's fantasy in space.

An equivalent of what? Star Wars isn't science faction, it's fantasy in space ​ a space opera.

Let me correct that for you Rick...

An equivalent of what? Star Wars isn't science faction, it's fantasy in space.

That aside, I've been looking at the road to legend app, and it does this neat thing where between each story mission you have a number of in game weeks until the next story mission and you can spend it how you choose. Going on a side quest and going to town for supplies both take a week. So you could theoretically take 3 missions before the next story mission to load up on xp and gold - at the cost of having crap equipment for the next mission - or go to town and buy equipment and hang out there until you get good equipment drops. Pretty cool mechanism honestly.

Edited by lowercaseM