3D printed Talisman miniatures/Terrain

By Leavon, in Talisman

Edited by magicrealm
On 01/02/2017 at 6:08 PM, Leavon said:

With the arrival of the new printer I thought I'd throw the ultimate test at it, the dreaded 28mm mini! I've beefed up the exorcist sculpt and refined the proportions for better legibility at scale.

I've printed it in 2 pieces, the base and the figure, this allows for easy removal of all the support structures. I designed pegs into the feet that slot into corresponding holes in the base.. I think I can still do a bit more refining to improve the print still but it could be worth trying to mould and cast this chap, I bought a kit before xmas and it's goading me....

Exorcist5.jpg?raw=1

Exorcist6.jpg?raw=1

This looks great! Do you have any other models available for the Mephisto characters?

I'd also be interested in a Dragon King - especially if it fits on my 3rd edition Dragon Tower. :)

Can this card be buyed anywhere in german language ?

15 hours ago, magicrealm said:

IIRC, this character was originally included in a German gaming magazine, Mephisto, in 2009/2010(?) and brought back when Nomad launched the digital version of Talisman. I don’t think you can buy the physical components anywhere, but they’re available on Talisman Island, and you can download and print your own German versions of the character card and standees here http://www.talismanisland.com/?page_id=6096

16 hours ago, magicrealm said:

The original German cards came with Mephisto magazine. Firstly over three issues printed inside the magazines 4 at a time by Alignment. Then they were released printed on card as a set in the next copy (see pic).

http://www.talismanisland.com/mini_4remephisto.htm

The characters were to be released in English by Fantasy Flight Games (probably on their website as a pdf) but they ended up being consigned to the waste bin of history.

Nomad Games were able to use them in the Digital Edition, but they were altered somewhat from the German versions, but I'm not sure if anyone has actually translated the newer versions to German.

The picture is actually of two copies I had. I believe I still have one left... somewhere...

mephisto.jpg

I know Leavon is really busy but do we know if he is going to do any more scenery?

:)

11 hours ago, 80sVamp said:

I know Leavon is really busy but do we know if he is going to do any more scenery?

Yes I absolutely am. My current contract wraps up in 2 weeks so I'll drop back on to the Runes then.

Huzzah!

I'm back! I've emerged from under the workload of the last few months and I've spent today chiselling pixels out of the first Runes piece.

I'll be dropping it on the printer this evening.... very exciting!

The eagle eyed amongst you may have noticed a new logo lurking in the corner. I've given the shop and my website a spruce up and the new logo, kind of encompasses the new Spare Oom Studio vibe; you'll notice the pyramid in the background symbolises the Talisman side of things and the tentacles represent the new "Beyond Spare Oom" range of resin cast miniatures, the first of which is the StarSpawn which may interest those of a Cthulhuey disposition.

http://www.spareoomstudio.co.uk

Runes1.jpg?raw=1

Edited by Leavon

Looking good. Can't wait to see the others!

Oasis is missing in the shop.

Good to see you back leavon

2 hours ago, magicrealm said:

Oasis is missing in the shop.

Good to see you back leavon

Thanks Matthias, the Oasis is there, maybe you were looking in the Digital Downloads section? I haven't got around to to sorting out the STL file for the Oasis but it's for sale in the Printed minis section.

The Runes will be in the Spare Oom store on Friday!

Runes.jpg?raw=1

Poised over refresh button...

Keep onme set for me please !

Leavon now please dont stop, just finish the board it is not so much to do anymore. i hope you are going on the ruins, deep Woods and craig next

At long last The Runes are now available from the Spare Oom Studio Store!

http://www.spareoomstudio.co.uk

The%20Runes1.jpg?raw=1

The%20Runes2.jpg?raw=1

The%20Runes3.jpg?raw=1 #

The%20Runes4.jpg?raw=1

The%20Runes5.jpg?raw=1

The%20Runes6.jpg?raw=1

The%20Runes7.jpg?raw=1

Awesome work Leavon!

What's up next do we think?

14 minutes ago, talismanisland said:

Awesome work Leavon!

What's up next do we think?

Thanks Jon! I think the Ruins might be next on the list....

Hey Hey Leavon

Great to have you back and with some fabby scenery as well. Absolutely smash

Cue men in silk dressing gowns, pencil moustaches and long cigarette holders surrounded by flapper girls.

'A Rune with a view, te ta dee da dum'

Thanks Leavon order already on its way.

I look forward to seeing The Ruins in due course...

Oh, and from your newsletter, I think a t-shirt would be quite spiffing too...

We just love your models, you spend a treasure to us, they really open a little secret chamber in our heart. Never get used to it, always new when look at. You are very special, Leavon.

i showed spareoom Website to the two biggest Shops in Germany, Fantasy welt and battlefield Berlin, and to the shop in my City, Merlins. they were interested in look at it, but i dont know if they will do business with you. edit : we dont have a german Talisman atm, just the rest of ffg. Pegasus spiele is "trhinking about it! , licence cost very high.

Edited by magicrealm

How are the Ruins coming along Leavon?

(and a Talisman related Spare Oom studio t-shirt wuld be a good idea)

?

13 hours ago, 80sVamp said:

How are the Ruins coming along Leavon?

(and a Talisman related Spare Oom studio t-shirt wuld be a good idea)

?

Very slowly.... I've had quite a bit of freelance work of late so the Talisman models have taken a bit of a backseat.

To be honest, the Runes only sold 2 units so I'm not sure how much life there is left in the market. They took me 4 days to model so as you can imagine that's not a great return on the time investment.

I will return to it when time allows but at the moment I have to focus on areas of my business that will provide an income :(

Please make at least the ruins so at least all buildings are made