The Lost Realms - A Fan Expansion

By talismanisland, in Talisman Home Brews

I am jealous. How do the cards compare to the original POD cards? No matter how hard I have tried I can't match it and finding a cutter to do the corners accurately has eluded me...

where can I get one please?

6 hours ago, JediKnightAmoeba said:

I am jealous. How do the cards compare to the original POD cards? No matter how hard I have tried I can't match it and finding a cutter to do the corners accurately has eluded me...

Visually they are identical. Board cards are slightly thinner but not so much that it matters. Small cards have rounder corners. Aligning is an issue.

507c3062772eaa7dgen.jpg

Edited by Bludgeon

Just made a small addition to the Lost Realms - three Highland trail cards.

Trails work slightly different in Highland and Woodland (because they have to):

At the end of turn in which a character has encountered a Trail while in the Highland or the Woodland, if he is still on the space, he may follow the trail and move one space to the adjacent space either up or down, across the texbox, as long as he remains in the Region. For example, a character following the trail from the Glacier must move to either the Ice Bridge, the Canyon next to the Eyrie, or to Hill next to the Ruined Mine. If a character is on any other space, he cannot follow the trail .

8e1c1e78fb88d6c3.png 60c5086cbfce3da4.png 5eb75d1e2523d2af.png

168cb507d3474d4c.png 684879faee584ff4.png

Edited by Bludgeon

hey guys, Cant believe I just found this, Insanely stoked.

Serious question. How can I get them printed to match as close to original components? Or who can get them printed for me and ill gladly pay cost and shipping.

*I did read the thread about drivethrucards and such but im unaware how to format everything myself. Honestly id pay someone for the work

Edited by thestreetzking
3 hours ago, talismanisland said:

I emailed. lets hope they can help! This is amazing and Bludgeon good work on all the cards you been making

Edited by thestreetzking

I have not heard anything back yet :(

On 6/24/2017 at 7:30 PM, thestreetzking said:

I have not heard anything back yet :(

I ordered these cards from the same guy two weeks ago and haven't heard back yet either. He said in an earlier email that it would be 2-3 weeks for delivery, but he didn't confirm whether he got the money I sent and he hasn't replied to the follow-up email I sent a few days ago either.

Edited by Reedstilt

Hello, I had a lot of work and for the past 2 weeks I did not e-mail.

Today I responded to all (hopefully I did not miss anything) as you write something again email.

Regards
Valdi

1 hour ago, Valdi said:

Hello, I had a lot of work and for the past 2 weeks I did not e-mail.

Today I responded to all (hopefully I did not miss anything) as you write something again email.

Regards
Valdi

No worries. Thanks for getting back to me on that. I was more concerned that I had accidentally sent the money to the wrong person than anything else.

Hah, came on here to say I was stoked I heard something, As soon as I get my next paycheck I am definitely ordering!

I've just now stumbled across this, and it looks fantastic. However, it isn't in a "publishing format" right now. Specifically: the rulebooks need to be laid out for front-to-back, double sided printing; and the page counts need to be in a multiple of 4 pages (so "Realms Untravelled" is fine as a 4 page booklet, but "Lost Realms" has to have two blank pages added to bring it up to 8 pages).

All of the printed materials are missing registration marks and crop lines. And with the exception for the box art, there isn't an extra "bleed" area (artwork that extends a little bit beyond the edge that should be cut to make sure there aren't any gaps if the cut isn't perfect).

I know how to do all of this, it's an afternoon's work if I can have access to the original files, I can make the fixes and add the missing parts and upload some PS files that are ready for commercial printing, as well as a set of PDF's so if you are blessed with a double-sided color printer it would make this easier to print out and assemble at home.

I've set up an account on "Drive Thru Cards" and published the complete set of cards (including the 5 Trails from Bludgeon's post above). The cost of the deck looks like its around $10 including shipping (in the US) and apparently can be printed in 2-3 weeks. As soon as I get the proof set (in about 2 weeks) and make sure I didn't make any errors, I will set the title to "public" and post a link here for anyone who wants to buy the cards directly.

If anyone has a blank/template "Rules" page that matches the "Lost Realms Manual" I can add in the needed two blank pages and upload a ready-to-print booklet for the rules.

I haven't yet found a good online place to print the 4"x 5" "Realms" cards (in less than 500). If we want the Realms cards to have art all the way to the edge, then either I'll need to expand the card by 6% (which puts the text at the bottom and the arrow at the top a little too close to the edge of the card), or if anyone has the original Photoshop files I can re-position the artwork and move the text box to make a 4.25" x 5.25" card so it can be cut down to 4"x 5" and be a clean cut.

I like this project and I would love to see it available to anyone who wants this to look professional.

Ah, my mistake. I should have looked at the "Realm Complete" card for what I was looking for - all set on the 4x5 Realms cards. (Having the Photoshop files for the "Endings cards" however would be helpful).

Now I just need the "Rules Template" and I should be able to get everything in a publishable format.

I'm afraid that any money changing hands for this expansion will result in action by GW over their IP, and the artwork cannot be charged for under the various stipulations set out by the artists themselves.

On 9/8/2017 at 1:18 PM, talismanisland said:

I'm afraid that any money changing hands for this expansion will result in action by GW over their IP, and the artwork cannot be charged for under the various stipulations set out by the artists themselves.

The cost is the print cost - it goes straight to the printer.

Money going to the printer still means that someone is profiting from GW's IP, however indirectly.

The non commercial stipulations of the artists would also be adverse to this.

On 9/10/2017 at 1:41 PM, talismanisland said:

Money going to the printer still means that someone is profiting from GW's IP, however indirectly.

The non commercial stipulations of the artists would also be adverse to this.

Ah, well, pity. I have it set up as a $0.00 cost item - but if that is still deemed illegal, I'll not make it public.

I finally got this expansion printed out and done! I mostly used label paper and my own printer. I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Thanks to everyone who spent the time to put this together!

One question: do I understand the rules correctly that if you encounter a trail card and don't get moved, you can immediately press on to the other side of the realm and draw cards again?

Edited by Aarontu

Here's my copy of the Lost Realms:

pic3741871_lg.jpg