The Lost Realms - A Fan Expansion

By talismanisland, in Talisman Home Brews

After a few months with too much to do I've finally found the time to read through everything posted and I've to say that you all have done some amazing work. It looks awesome! I'm really sorry I missed playtesting but I'm looking forward to try it when it's ready.

So there will be 2 pods nowith if I understand everything correctly..? Realms untraveled is a good name. I was thinking 'Uncharted corners' when reading through the posts so I thought I throw it out here just too add something to the discussion. ?

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Because I've suddenly found myself with too much time instead of too little... ?

Edited by Rigmaster
Correcting autocorrect...

These are looking really good Jon.

Could the 'Crown of Command' & 'Danse Macabre' ending cards be added as bonuses?

It wouldn't really help as they are already available to download and print anyway.

I would have loved to see those Endings, plus maybe some other bits as part of a "real" expansion, but it was obviously not to be.

On 14/02/2017 at 9:56 AM, Rigmaster said:

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Because I've suddenly found myself with too much time instead of too little... ?

I'm just waiting on one more piece of art and then it can be released.

As previously mentioned, real life does get in the way sometimes, but it's allowed a lot of tweaking to go on in the background and we now have two expansions for the price of one!

I still made a box should people want to use it (you'll have to shave off the edge of the rulesheets to fit them in mind!)

I'm not sure if people will bother, but it might be nice on your shelves instead of the plastic PoD clam shell things.

xTM19-box-example.png

I'm really looking forward to this, but I'm a bit confused about what the "two" expansions will includ. The first, if I understand it correctly, is the Lost Realms proper, which links the Highlands and the Woodlands. The second is the expansion-expansion, adding more content to the Nether Realms, Deep Realms, and Lost Realms, right? Will they be acquired separately or together?

The box art shows it containing the Nether Realms and Deep Realms too. Is it just a place to story all these PoD expansions, or will the new expansion include the entire Realm set?

You are correct in your analysis :)

Lost Realms is another 'bridge' expansion, and Realms Untravelled adds new cards to a number of Realm decks.

The Realms Collection is just a box for you to keep the four expansions in should you wish to. It was originally the box plus 3 Endings, but they are in the Untravelled expansion now.

Awesome Jon!

Stay tuned later today as the final piece of artwork has now been received!

I'll be uploading the expansion(s) tonight as part of Talisman Island 18th Anniversary.

I hope people like what we've all come up with :)

Sorry I fell off of the face of the earth.
I hate it when that happens.

I'm looking forward to the new release!

Okay. I've managed to get the files formatted and uploaded, and hopefully there aren't any glaring errors to be seen!

http://www.talismanisland.com/?page_id=7820

I hope people enjoy the expansions, and just to mention that if you could take a look at the links at the bottom of the page, I'd appreciate it!

No pressure, but I wanted to point them out! :)

(PS - Give it a second if the downloads don't work... I forgot to upload them! :D )

(PPS - Panic over! All done!)

Edited by talismanisland

*Wiping my drool off of the screen*

Unofficial or not, this feels like a true expansion to me. Good job Jon, Cookierobber and everyone else who worked on it!

Now, can I officially ask for info about getting these printed professionally. Any info would be greatly helpful!

Awesome! Well done!

Two quick things, just noticed on pg. 3 of the Realms Untravelled rules that a reference to the Border Region is made when it should say Shadow Region. Also, the Stacking the Adventure Deck rules only mentions using 36 Nether cards total. Since it is part of the Realms Untravelled, shouldn't it suggest to use all 52 cards (a 16/36 split)?

Edited by sanityismyvanity

Typical. That what happens when an expansion evolves from being just rules and 3 Endings!

I'll rejig the file tomorrow and reupload it.

I'll get on to proofreading the files tomorrow then, after you've rejigged.

Rejigged and uploaded. :)

Looks great, hoping to get it printed out properly later this week, just done it on paper for now for a play through with my son. So can you persuade nomad games to include this in the digital edition in the future, probably not but it would be a nice idea

7 minutes ago, Sithassassin said:

Looks great, hoping to get it printed out properly later this week, just done it on paper for now for a play through with my son. So can you persuade nomad games to include this in the digital edition in the future, probably not but it would be a nice idea

I wouldn't have thought Nomad would either, but considering they created the special Mephisto characters and other characters not for the "official" game there is already a precedent set. Can't see why not if they have Jon's permission!

Heh.

It would be be cool if that could happen, but it would be up to Games Workshop, and I can't see them going for it.

9 minutes ago, talismanisland said:

Heh.

It would be be cool if that could happen, but it would be up to Games Workshop, and I can't see them going for it.

Let's do a letter writing campaign, if they don't allow it, we will boycott the fifth edition - though we all know in reality we won't be able to resist.

Ah well, we can always dream. Like I said earlier, that 5th Edition would have to be really special to make me invest in it.

Never say Nether!

Amazing update, my favourite is the Nether Deck :)

Can't wait Jon :) :) :)

Should the Fate Demon read, "lose as many lives as you have fate tokens"? Or "lose as many life tokens as you have fate tokens"? The current reading, "lose as many life as you have fate tokens" bugs the heck out of the English teacher in me.

Other than that, I'm in love with everything I see here!

should be lives

Actually, in FFG Talisman-ese, the plural of life is supposed to be life. Sometimes it is written as lives incorrectly.

1 Craft, 2 Craft, 1 Life, 2 Life etc.

but it's never lose all life on any card right? always lose all lives