The Lost Realms - A Fan Expansion

By talismanisland, in Talisman Home Brews

But it should be.

Love all the work that went into this. Unfortunately I played Talisman the day before this came out so it'll be a while before I can convince my friends to play again, especially with the corner boards. Might be able to talk them into a base board-only game using the Nether cards.

Anyone know a good way to get these printed out properly?

Also, if these were added to the Digital Edition, there'd have to be an Achievement for winning the game with the Nether Talisman.

7 minutes ago, talismanisland said:

But it should be.

I don't care either way. It is what it is.

Indeed.

That's Talisman for you though. I doubt we will ever get an edition that does not have some inconsistencies in it!

4 minutes ago, Reedstilt said:

Love all the work that went into this. Unfortunately I played Talisman the day before this came out so it'll be a while before I can convince my friends to play again, especially with the corner boards. Might be able to talk them into a base board-only game using the Nether cards.

Anyone know a good way to get these printed out properly?

Also, if these were added to the Digital Edition, there'd have to be an Achievement for winning the game with the Nether Talisman.

If I were to find a printer to print these professionally, what would the "plastic" card stock used be called?

I think that the 'plastic' feel of the cards is actually a UV coating.

Gotcha. I want to make sure I match the quality of Nether Realms and Deep Realms.

Drive Thru Cards printing is rather similar in quality to PoD stuff from FFG, i.e. non-linen, slightly thicker stock.

IMG_1609.JPG

4 hours ago, talismanisland said:

Indeed.

That's Talisman for you though. I doubt we will ever get an edition that does not have some inconsistencies in it!

We would have to make one ourselves :)

I've had a look at Drive Thru cards. If we send the files straight off from the Island Jon will they print them?

Also Ireally like the box above, How easy is that to print?

Luddite and proud.

:)

1 hour ago, Bludgeon said:

We would have to make one ourselves :)

Is that a gauntlet I see lying in my path?

1 hour ago, 80sVamp said:

I've had a look at Drive Thru cards. If we send the files straight off from the Island Jon will they print them?

Also Ireally like the box above, How easy is that to print?

No, you'd have to format them as per their specs.

As for the box, it'll all be in the folding!

I make Print & Play games, and I HATE box folding with a burning passion.

I usually cheat by re-purposing existing boxes. In this case, it's getting such a box, that's a problem!

1 hour ago, ElfPuddle said:

Is that a gauntlet I see lying in my path?

... sure ;)

I just had an idea for an epic talisman expansion, oh man.... :o

It's never ending...

This one's a bit diffent, it will tie my other ideas and some official elements into unified mechanic.

7 minutes ago, Bludgeon said:

This one's a bit diffent, it will tie my other ideas and some official elements into unified mechanic.

Spill it.

16 hours ago, ElfPuddle said:

Spill it.

Alright

So I have this day and night decks, and custom time card, been using them for a while.

When night falls, you draw 1 card from the night deck and resolve it (same with day). Each deck has 15 lunar events, 5 minor cards like everybody heals 1 life etc. and 10 cards that trigger Perils. They do this: "Escalate active Peril. If there is no active Peril card, draw 1 Peril card."

What are Perils? They are:

- modified alternate endings (like The Hunt)

- modified NPCs (werewolf, reaper)

- modified expansions (harbinger, dragons, firelands)

- new stuff (Toad King, Liche King etc.)

Each Peril is the size of character card, says what happens when you draw that peril, what happens when a peril escalates, what are the rules when the peril is in play, how to defeat the peril, and what happens then.

Perils can "take over" the game, and can end the game, but can also be dealt with. Perils do not give alternate victory conditions.

example:

the rules on the card are just the ones most important. There will be a rulebook combining all expansions that are rolled into the Peril mechanic.

4577bf0f5d6167af.png

For now this expansion will have (or use):

- rulebook

- day deck (30 cards), night deck (30 cards), optional time card

- 15 or so Peril cards

- original reaper NPC card, original harbinger NPC card, modified werewolf NPC card

- original dragon lord cards

- all original dragon cards (maybe some new)

- all original harbinger cards

- all original nether cards (with at least 10 new because I made them already)

- 50+ werewolf cards

- infected wound cards or tokens for the werewolf peril

- 50+ fireland cards

To use this expansion one will have to remove from the game Dragons, Harbinger, Reaper, Werewolf, fireland cards with mechanics specific to this expansion, nether

On 2/28/2017 at 10:23 AM, talismanisland said:

No, you'd have to format them as per their specs.

As for the box, it'll all be in the folding!

I've never printed expansion materials before, any way you could give some step-by-step instructions? I have all the .png files and am happy to print via Drive Thru Cards (or my local Fedex/Kinko's if that's possible) but I'm not sure what you mean by formatting them as per their specs? Like the prior poster I'd like it to end up as close to the Nether Realms/Deep Realms quality as possible, and I'll be printing all 3 at once: Lost Realms, Realms Untravelled, and Realms Collection.

Drive Thru Cards needs you to supply a PDF in a specific size and format, so you'd have to take the individual images and make the necessary file.

They also cannot print the larger cards, so you'd have to get those done locally anyway.

Take the print files to you local print shop, along with some example of PoD cards and Endings so they can see what grade of card to use etc.

I'm sure any printer worth their salt (or ink) will be able to come close to the PoD standard.

This should be on the cover :P

"Realms... The final frontier...
These are the voyages of the Team Talisman.
Its continuing mission:
To explore strange new boards...
To seek out new cards; new expansions...
To boldly go where no one has gone before!"

Edited by Bludgeon

my copy of Lost Realms just arrived :)

3 hours ago, Bludgeon said:

my copy of Lost Realms just arrived :)

Mine too :)

IMG_1706.JPG