Road to Legend Feedback

By kraisto, in Road to Legend

The app works great for me and they are doing an excellent job in fixing bugs (and frankly, faster than many companies that are only specialized in apps production). They really care about this product and they are reading all the feedback and bug reports with enough attention.

I'm really impressed with their updates too - the quantity and speed here is remarkable!

They have won an amazing amount of faith in their team from me!

Gendalm, on 16 Jun 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

.- Narrator’s voice for background information during the quest

It would be nice if some information would be not only shown but also read by a narrator, at least the background information which are not related to the game mechanics. Of course it should be possible to deactivate this option.

cdj0902 , milarky , Tintaglia and 1 other like this

DAMaz, on 20 Jun 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

-) Voice Overs for the flavour-text within missions. I'm not talking about monster stuff, just the text when an event happens, you examine mission tokens or the like.

KAGE13, on 21 Jun 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

the #1 thing that would make this app perfect, would be a narrator reading the 'Fluff' text.

That makes at least eight gamers wishing for the narrator voice reading the flavour text. It’s time to make it FFG !! :lol:

Edited by Gendalm

This app is hella cool, but it's pretty buggy. I understand that there is a lot goin' on here, and when it works its just so cool. That makes it all the more frustrating when a glitch robs you of the entire adventure without offering you any way to recover it. I'm certain that fixes are on the way, but that's my current impression: Super Fun, but play at your own risk.

- Jee

So dramatic :P

They already corrected the major bugs on this issue ...

Time for a positive feedback:

The app works great for me and they are doing an excellent job in fixing bugs (and frankly, faster than many companies that are only specialized in apps production). They really care about this product and they are reading all the feedback and bug reports with enough attention.

And I can say that based on great answers I got from the support team.

Yes - it would seem so! No more crashing for me (so far).

But yeah, don't get me wrong. It's still an impressive implementation of an awesome idea. I just find myself having to go back and re-do turns occasionally, or needing to force Monster Activations because the thing randomly decided to go off-book. Oh and restocking the items in Tamalir is as simple as just re-loading the campaign (and as a added bonus, I get more side quests when I do that). These are pretty tiny things (the latter is probably just a matter of not calling the "top of new week" function or whatever upon campaign loading), so its only a matter of time before they fix them. And you can usually fudge your way past them by using the "override" options the app gives you (or hey, free item restock!).

I'm actually pretty satisfied with the features all told - it's surprisingly comprehensive. I guess if I had to pick something to add, then an "undo" button would definitely be at the top of my list. If you hit that "Wait 1 Week" button by accident or hit the KO button instead of end Turn on a Hero, then its like "whelp, dammit".

- Jee

Edited by Inspector Jee

Don't worry, I am just kidding ;) . I hope RTL do quite successfully and FFG can invest more and more in the app development. Still has much room for new features and implementations.

Edited by kraisto

Hi All,

Well, RtL has managed to pull in my wife now. Like, 'I-want-to-play-this-other-character-next-campaign-where-did-you-put-the-class-cards' IN.

We had run through the tutorial (again) and I have to say it was favorite Descent experience thus far. The Abomination used a Master Giant, and it unfolded epically . (As an aside, Plano boxes dropped our setup and tear down time to almost nil - just as other's here have said; literally open and play now. Also, get a steam copy of RtL on a laptop and run it through the big screen on an hdmi cable: we hooked up a small wifi mouse to the laptop and passed this around the table seamlessly. Ignored the laptop the rest of the game; it was like owning a gigantic tablet. My youngest in respect to the mouse actually blurted out at one point "Pass me the Overlord!!"..)

So, feedback:

Had some odd issues initially, then just dumped RtL off of Steam and grabbed a fresh download and its been beyond solid. There may be a Steam update issue somewhere in there, as this worked. Probably just my machine, but give it a try if issues persist.

An Undo would be nice, haven't had an serious issue yet but have clicked past flavor text by accident once. More seriously, almost accidentally hit Defeat Unique once as well, which has all of us now 'tip toeing' very carefully around such inputs.

I get a little confused when an action pushes the story ahead and I am wondering when to let RtL known that the character that triggered it has no more actions left. I have seen this push the Monsters 'off book' once; had to force activate. I guess I hit it at the wrong time.

Wish list?

More sounds would indeed be great as others have said. I think specific sounds for each Monster might be too tall an order, but more varied and layered outdoor and dungeon sounds around such tiles would be amazingly welcome. An overlay of sound during different plots from time to time could also drive the 'story' as well (think: ' it was a dark and storm night ', etc..). AND how about those tailored sounds around, let's say, the Uniques?

Again, we are all having a great time just as it is. Looking forward to more.

Take care all.

I like the idea for more sounds (monsters), adds more immersion. I play sometimes with a soundtrack in the background and is epic.

Either an "undo" button or a "are you sure" in the city screen buttons that advance a week. We hit the "wait one week" button by accident. It's in between the two other buttons. If you hit the "city action" button it's asks for a confirmation and if you hit "leave" you exit to the map screen immediately but the time line does not advance.

I'd love to be able to connect with my friend's game online so we could play the same Campaign together (using FaceTime or Hangout with the game set up on both ends!)...

I was hoping that adding expansions would add more campaign content. Is there a plan to add that or release new campaigns for the app?

I have also hit "Wait One Week" accidentally and been upset that it didn't ask to confirm.

I'd also really like to see an Undo button to let you back up. I've definitely hit "KO" accidentally. I also accidentally ended a turn today during the last turn of a side mission. It popped up the Quest Failed results and, fortunately, I was able to force close and revert to the start of that turn, but I thought we were about to have a failed quest with no way to correct our gold or fame count.

On that note, I think it needs to have a manual override to let you edit gold and fame, when necessary, for situations just like that. It's pretty annoying that you can't sell your Search deck items at the end of a quest, but this would fix that. In the same way, having a manual input for "Treasure Chest" from the Search deck would be pretty easy to implement.

For that matter, it would be nice if it just told you which card to take from the Search deck when you resolved a token and tracked that stuff (with a manual input, in case of an error).

I've had a lot of problems with stability on my Android tablet (Nvidia Shield K1). It tends to crash a lot. I've had to restart two campaigns because the save corrupted somehow and there were no quests visible on the map screen and no actions available in town except shopping. So, having a way to back-up your save would be pretty nice for redundancy.

I had one quest today ("Prison Break") that instructed us to place an extender on the map, but there was no room for one and the image on the screen clearly didn't have one.

More sounds would be a nice feature, but I'd rather see these items addressed first.

Even with the problems, I'm really happy with Road to Legend, so far. I'm definitely planning on buying future content and adding to my Collection, so hopefully some more features can be implemented to refine the functionality.

I had one quest today ("Prison Break") that instructed us to place an extender on the map, but there was no room for one and the image on the screen clearly didn't have one.

Are you sure? Never had any problemn with the tile setup in this quest (and its the first report for that). Just curious if its a random issue to test ;) .

A undo button its the top one suggestion for sure.

Edited by kraisto

On that note, I think it needs to have a manual override to let you edit gold and fame, when necessary, for situations just like that. It's pretty annoying that you can't sell your Search deck items at the end of a quest, but this would fix that. In the same way, having a manual input for "Treasure Chest" from the Search deck would be pretty easy to implement.

For that matter, it would be nice if it just told you which card to take from the Search deck when you resolved a token and tracked that stuff (with a manual input, in case of an error).

Sorry, I desagree, you dont need more gold from the search items like a traditional campaign. First, you can sold items for the full price in the RTL, and second, most of the items have different prices (lower prices in most of the cases). These changes were made precisely by not obtain gold of search items and the reward bonus for winning a quest is pretty high.

Edited by kraisto

Loving the app as it has enabled our group to play the game together, however we really would like some additional campaign material. As there is the option in the store for campaigns but this option is blanked out. Does anyone know when Fantasy Flight are releasing new material?

Loving the app as it has enabled our group to play the game together, however we really would like some additional campaign material. As there is the option in the store for campaigns but this option is blanked out. Does anyone know when Fantasy Flight are releasing new material?

I'm seriously hoping that they've got a tie-in campaign to release simultaneously with The Chains That Rust...

I agree with having a voice over reading the narrative would be nice.

The only thing that came up with my group, was that one player changed their mind about their hero after the first quest. It would be nice to remove and add a new a hero mid-campaign.

Context sensitive help (that could be turned off). It'd be nice to be able to double tap a monster activation cue to recall the rules for spot, retreat, engage, using surges etc. Once you are going, its fine and not needed all the time, but after not playing and then coming back, we tend to forget the nuances of the rules.

App is superb. But I would love to see the following:-

1) an "undo last action" or "back" style button. It is so so easy to mess up right now and remove wrong group from tracker or click wrong button and progress quest without meaning to. Even more so when tired in a long gaming session!

2) voiced narrative and quest events.

3) the boxed campaigns adapted for Road to Legend play. I would happily pay for them. My group hates the "one v all" play of original, as they find it argumentative and whine about it being unfair.

4) any chance of an imperial assault version :)

Having played more Descent this weekend, than in the last 2 years I have to say I love Road to Legend!
It just works for me! I can now play Descent with the gf, since she prefer coops - and makes Descent better with 2 players. Not only that, the way the story unfolds, with travel events, perils, and monster AI that changes from turn to turn, is so well done!
I'm already looking forward to the next campaign :-)
Here's a couple thoughts.

WHAT I LOVE.
* Travel events
* Exploration in a quest, but with a clear goal
* Class specific travel options/quest options

* The balance between the physical game and the screen. I don't spend too much time on the screen, only what is necessary. Please keep this balance! I hope ypu guys won't move more stuff to the screen!
* Normal and Hard mode - Normal sits well with us right now! Great balance :-)
* Shopping works for me. I actually like to find the item cards and look through them when shopping
* Monster cards vs App info. It works for me. I have the actual monster in an area where me and my gf can see the stats, and the App tells me their behavior. Great!

WHAT I DISLIKE/HOPE CAN CHANGE
* We could really use a "roll back" action like others have pointed out. Sometimes I forget to update some info on the App before next turn, which messes with new spawnings and so forth.
* A "non-campaign" scenario or two would actually be great :-) Either a randomized dungeon or a large dungeon with 2-3 paths that are mutually exclusive.

All in all - great! We spend the entire weekend gaming Descent, and have already bought 1 monster and heroes collection specifically for this weekend. I see many more hours with this App :-)

* A "non-campaign" scenario or two would actually be great :-) Either a randomized dungeon or a large dungeon with 2-3 paths that are mutually exclusive.

I didn't realize I wanted this until I read it. Descent; roguelite edition?

kraisto, on 19 Jun 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

Budapest, on 19 Jun 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

kraisto, on 19 Jun 2016 - 8:34 PM, said:

Budapest, on 18 Jun 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

I would like it if when the monster activation instructions pop up is on the screen I could also click the monster icon and see the "Info" button.

Also it would be great if the log contained the monster activation instructions, so we could refer back to the pop up once it's cleared.

You mean, to see the others monsters info?

Because you can click in the skull at the top of monsters activation and see the monster info. Its explained in the rules and the tutorial quest ;)

Thanks!

But why the **** do I click one icon with the pop up and another icon without the pop up for the same information? I still think it needs to be fixed. Having obscure information located in the tutorial is frustrating.

Can you point out the page in the rule book so I can look it up?

Pag 7.

This also caught me out yesterday. I didn't realise I could do this. Who reads every paragraph of a rulebook? :P

I have a half decent android phone (Moto G, 2nd Gen) that runs the app. I can use it, but the screen is small (because it's a smartphone!) which means constantly picking it up to interact with it.

I have a laptop. It looks great on it (much more robust graphics) but it takes up a not inconsiderable amount of tablespace, not to mention using the trackpad is annoying. Although..... I could use a wireless mouse and put the laptop more to the side. That might help. Nonetheless, it is a laptop which means it needs to be awoken from sleep mode (at best) and signed in, then start up steam (not always open) then start the game. Additionally, I usually leave it at work as that is its primary use.

I have a 1st Gen iPad Air. This is the optimal method, large enough screen, decent sound, great interactivity, and boots up from sleep mode in a flash. Most of the time I can use it but my wife does use it sporadically, for the gym and a few other methods. So I don't have unfettered access.

My point is, if I start a campaign and have to stop midway through because my wife needs the iPad, I can't just continue on my merry way using my phone. This needs to be addressed somehow; I don't care if it's as cumbersome as needing to create an export file and then emailing it to myself (to keep the app cloud-free, which appears to be FFG's commendable aim with all their apps). But it's an issue.

Otherwise, I think the app is excellent!

Provide an undo option everywhere . If not this, then ...

Provide a MANUAL SAVE option that will allow me to save the game state at any **** time I choose to, just because ... and this should definitely work at any time, even if in the middle of a story quest or side quest, or whatever ...

Otherwise, I am very pleased with this app !

Cloud save need some sort of instructure (and it's not a little one) and need a constant online login. And some plataforms (like Apple) has big troubles to approve apps with multi support.

Cloud save need some sort of instructure (and it's not a little one) and need a constant online login. And some plataforms (like Apple) has big troubles to approve apps with multi support.

Is that a response to my post? I asked for a way to transfer save files between devices and explicitly mentioned a way to do it "cloud free". If the app was developed with any skill whatsoever, and I would posit that it was, loading a save file has nothing to do with the platform RTL is being run on. This is amongst the most basic designs taught in 1st year programming.

Saving and loading campaigns is already built into the app, saving it to an xml file that can then be loaded into a RTL campaign anywhere would take minimal work to extend it. This is a BOARDGAME we're talking about, we're used to doing a lot of things ourselves already.

Aside from emailing, I could save the file to a dedicated dropbox folder (which all of the above devices have installed) and then loading it would be a snap. There are plenty of ways to transfer campaigns between devices while RTL itself remains an offline app(or so they tell us).

Edited by moe45673