Road to Legend Feedback

By kraisto, in Road to Legend

Feedback and suggestions here ;)

First thanks to FFG for implementing some nice features with an outcome similar to the ones we are asking for such as:

- The possibility for the thief to steal gold between the quests (during certain events)

- The possibility to choose between different options (side quests or training) between the campaign quest.

After getting additional experience with the app I can confirm our priorities:

- App information adapted to the number of heroes, in particular for two players.

For a two players game, I would be glad if the game would show only the relevant information in order to avoid confusion. If there is supposed to be only one monster I think there is no need to have both defeat unique and defeat group. And if there are only master (or minion) monsters, according to the setup, there is no need to provide information on how both are attacking. Everytime I can’t help to think: did we put the right amount of monsters ?? :D

- A filter to activate/deactivate only some parts (heroes, classes and monsters) from the expansions.

- Random generated dungeon(s), at least as stand-alone game mode option

- Clearer options selection and information

It would be nice if the buttons for the actions to be selected for the hero and monsters would be a bit bigger. It also has to be noticed that when completing the setup, the monster icons dissapear immediately from the map while I would prefer to have the information available at least until the end of the turn of the first hero .

- Faster flow of information

Right now every time you open one door and you receive the information in different steps and (clicks): tiles, background, objective. I see the point in highlighting the information on the objective item/monster but for the “standard” information (e.g tiles, monster and search tokens) I would prefer to not be obliged to click multiple times and just take all of them together from box. I can understand also that clicking separetely for master and minion could help some players to remember to activate both but in this case also I would prefer to have both the information together without the need of clicking; as it is in the POD, the first one on the top, the other below.

And of course I am still dreaming about:

- More sounds and background music

We would like to see more sound content.

In particular:

- Short battle music during monster’s turns, if possible tailored on the type or importance of monster (Baldur's Gate style).

- Combat sound of the monster at the start of their turn (a sort of declaration of war, a few variant per monster would be enough) and eventually some additional sound during the music (not strictly necessary).

For the heroes turns since the pace is different (e.g. discussion between the players), I think a lighter (non-combat oriented) music, different for each type of map (even better different for each dungeon) would work.

.- Narrator’s voice for background information during the quest

It would be nice if some information would be not only shown but also read by a narrator, at least the background information which are not related to the game mechanics. Of course it should be possible to deactivate this option.

Edited by Gendalm

+ FIX THE QUEST BUG GIVING NON-OWNED EXPANSION QUESTS.

+ Multiple save locations per game. One main save file at the end of each quest, secondary 'autosave' file for all other saves during quests, etc.

and/or

+ Manual save option

+ Manual save option

That's a good idea and it would be even better if there would be the possibility to manually locate heroes and monsters on the map. ;)

- Random generated dungeon(s), at least as stand-alone game mode option

+1!

-Suggestion: A quick skirmish mode, that just creates a dungeon randomly with some of all tiles you have. Should be not too big, for a short session of round about 2 hours.

New campaigns release schedule and/or campaign creator for the community :)

Heck, you could even make player-created campaigns available through your marketplace and take 20-25% for each sale or smthing.

And of course I am still dreaming about:
- More sounds and background music
We would like to see more sound content.
In particular:
- Short battle music during monster’s turns, if possible tailored on the type or importance of monster (Baldur's Gate style).
- Combat sound of the monster at the start of their turn (a sort of declaration of war, a few variant per monster would be enough) and eventually some additional sound during the music (not strictly necessary).
For the heroes turns since the pace is different (e.g. discussion between the players), I think a lighter (non-combat oriented) music, different for each type of map (even better different for each dungeon) would work.

More music, definitely

I love the app because it let's me play Descent again without having to worry about hurt feelings.

I would like it if when the monster activation instructions pop up is on the screen I could also click the monster icon and see the "Info" button.

Also it would be great if the log contained the monster activation instructions, so we could refer back to the pop up once it's cleared.

Edited by Budapest

I would like it if when the monster activation instructions pop up is on the screen I could also click the monster icon and see the "Info" button.

Also it would be great if the log contained the monster activation instructions, so we could refer back to the pop up once it's cleared.

You mean, to see the others monsters info?

Because you can click in the skull at the top of monsters activation and see the monster info. Its explained in the rules and the tutorial quest ;)

Edited by kraisto

Because you can click in the skull at the top of monsters activation and see the monster info. Its explained in the rules and the tutorial quest ;)

But why the **** do I click one icon with the pop up and another icon without the pop up for the same information? I still think it needs to be fixed. Having obscure information located in the tutorial is frustrating.

Can you point out the page in the rule book so I can look it up?

Edited by Budapest

Thanks!

But why the **** do I click one icon with the pop up and another icon without the pop up for the same information? I still think it needs to be fixed. Having obscure information located in the tutorial is frustrating.

Can you point out the page in the rule book so I can look it up?

Pag 7.

first, and foremost, i think that "Skirmish" mode with random map generation, would be great addition. but it may be pretty hard to implement properly.

second, me and my playing group thought that cross-device save is needed. or maybe ability to share save file through cloud.

I enjoy this app a lot. Here are a few easily doable things that I think would make this app better.

enhanced save system:

-) Put in a "session record" button that let's you input monster/hero positions, damage, fatigue, conditions, search cards, skill exhausts, tokens if you want to continue the session at another time. Of course taking pictures is an easy way to do this as well, but I find this more elegant and practical.

-) pseudo cloud saves: Make the app generate a code that basically contains all the important save file variables that you can write down and re-enter on different hardware, to make this truly multiplatform. Alternativly you can just make an option to manually input your progress of a campaign/items/gold.

other things:

-) On the adventure map before travelling or sth like that, display the costs of your journey (1week, 2 travelevents...)

-) pseudo-random side-quests: Maybe this is already the case, if not, some kind of randomness that makes the chance smaller for an already played side-quest to pop up, would ensure that you don't encounter the same side-quests again instead of ones you haven't played.

-) Display the number of story/side-quests the campaign consists of, at the campaign-selection screen.

bigger additions I would find awesome:

-) Voice Overs for the flavour-text within missions. I'm not talking about monster stuff, just the text when an event happens, you examine mission tokens or the like.

-Bonus app content for 1vsMany campaigns: I thought it could be a lot of fun if this kind of map progression is used in bonus quests for the 1vsmany playstyle. Players and OL traverse through the map in appfashion, but they know what they have to do and they get basic information about the encounter (size of map, numbers of doors, objevtive and so on).

I would really like the possibility to close a door (as an action) once it is opened, as in the classic game. Or better doors indicators on the map that could remember you its locations when already opened.

I would really like the possibility to close a door (as an action) once it is opened, as in the classic game. Or better doors indicators on the map that could remember you its locations when already opened.

Dont work, monsters dont have a instruction to opens doors :P and its cause a balance issue.

Maybe in the future campaigns ...

Edited by kraisto

1. A "back" option in case you make a mistake (KO a hero on accident, etc.).

2. More music and sound effects, I like the above idea for different music when monsters are attacking, hero turns - even different music for each expansion monsters and heroes would be cool.

3. More save options.

4. And of course MORE CONTENT!

Edited by sador42

I still wait for my Quest mixing all expansions tiles. I guess that know everybody has declared what expansions they own in the app, it is bloody simple for FFG what expansions to mix

Don't hold your breath, it might be a while. In the meantime I suggest you enjoy what they have provided because it is pretty great.

Don't hold your breath, it might be a while. In the meantime I suggest you enjoy what they have provided because it is pretty great.

Yes, you are right; it's pretty great. i've bought descent because of RtL.

the #1 thing that would make this app perfect, would be a narrator reading the 'Fluff' text.

I hope for some changes in the travel system in the future.. After seeing most of the events , players can manipulate events in his favo r ( like losing on purpose to better benefit ) . It would be better to have a system with more random results to avoid exploits.

I hope for some changes in the travel system in the future.. After seeing most of the events, players can manipulate events in his favor (like losing on purpose to better benefit). It would be better to have a system with more random results to avoid exploits.

I would hope so too - the variety would be nice, and I would speculate it would be (relatively) easy to add (easier than quests anyway!)

This app is hella cool, but it's pretty buggy. I understand that there is a lot goin' on here, and when it works its just so cool. That makes it all the more frustrating when a glitch robs you of the entire adventure without offering you any way to recover it. I'm certain that fixes are on the way, but that's my current impression: Super Fun, but play at your own risk.

- Jee

This app is hella cool, but it's pretty buggy. I understand that there is a lot goin' on here, and when it works its just so cool. That makes it all the more frustrating when a glitch robs you of the entire adventure without offering you any way to recover it. I'm certain that fixes are on the way, but that's my current impression: Super Fun, but play at your own risk.

- Jee

So dramatic :P

They already corrected the major bugs on this issue ...

Time for a positive feedback:

The app works great for me and they are doing an excellent job in fixing bugs (and frankly, faster than many companies that are only specialized in apps production). They really care about this product and they are reading all the feedback and bug reports with enough attention.

And I can say that based on great answers I got from the support team.