Road to Legend Feedback

By kraisto, in Road to Legend

Provide an undo option everywhere . If not this, then ...

Provide a MANUAL SAVE option that will allow me to save the game state at any **** time I choose to, just because ... and this should definitely work at any time, even if in the middle of a story quest or side quest, or whatever ...

Otherwise, I am very pleased with this app !

Good god yes! Can't tell you how many times I've accidentally clicked the wrong button from mishearing a dice result.

I hope they update us regarding future campaings. I bought this game because of the app and I love it. But kinda hesitant to buy expansions (so far bought 1) cause im not sure how much future support for RTL is planned.

I'm hoping the current silence is to give the just released Mansions 2.0 some room to breathe. Tripling the sales of Descent is not something that is taken lightly.

I hope they update us regarding future campaings. I bought this game because of the app and I love it. But kinda hesitant to buy expansions (so far bought 1) cause im not sure how much future support for RTL is planned.

Probably the software support is working to solve the MoM 2.0 launch bugs. I hope for a big campaign in the next update with new features, but this demand time.

A prominent display either in the overland map or on the save game slot of the current act of the campaign.

This can only get more useful over time when we have more campaigns than just Kindred Fire and keeping track of which campaign switches Acts where and where our save files are in relation to that starts to become a nightmare.

Let's also get the NAME of the hero listed, perhaps under his/her picture. I, for one, do not have every picture/name memorized. It would help us old folks out, as I can barely see the **** pictures on the hero cards to match up against the even smaller picture on the app :P

Let's also get the NAME of the hero listed, perhaps under his/her picture. I, for one, do not have every picture/name memorized. It would help us old folks out, as I can barely see the **** pictures on the hero cards to match up against the even smaller picture on the app :P

One step at time !!! You now can see the class choiced in the skill panel, maybe in the future they can implement the hero names :P

I would like to see:

- Random dungeon generator (skirmish mode, something like the coop print-on-demand expansions) (willing to pay for this);

- More work with the sounds: voiceover for flavor texts, dynamic music, more varied ambient sounds;

- Option to increase text size. I cast the app to my TV, but it is far away from the game table and text is hard to read.

- More campaigns of course! :) (willing to pay for this);

- Integrate tiles (and other stuff) from expansions to all quests, not only a few side quests.

- Even more flavor: longer description of interactable objects and quest start/end story; also more interactable objects and more travel events... anything to bring that RPG / exploration feeling to the game.

- Something to enable playing printed campaigns (from the base game and expansions) cooperatively with RTL (willing to pay for this).

General feedback:

This app was a game changer for me. My group didn't really like Descent very much, so we kinda forgot it and moved on. Recently we tried the app and are loving it. Particularly the fact that the scenario is revealed as you explore it. Adds a sense of fear / expectation that wasn't there with an overlord player. Also, we can play together :)

This app made me order every expansion and monster/hero pack available so far. Also bought the coop PoDs and really liked them as well. Anyway, I hope FFG will devote more time on developing the app, expanding it with the features mentioned above and in other posts.

Thanks FFG!!

Edited by Ixiguis

I'm hoping the current silence is to give the just released Mansions 2.0 some room to breathe. Tripling the sales of Descent is not something that is taken lightly.

Source? Not calling bull, just want to know where you get these numbers from.

I absolutely love RTL and can see why it could lead to more people coming back to D2E (or simply buying it because they had a nice session at a friend).

I absolutely love RTL and can see why it could lead to more people coming back to D2E (or simply buying it because they had a nice session at a friend).

I believe they announced it at their Gencon panel.

It was stated by Christian Peterson the CEO of FFG at the In-Flight report at GenCon 2016. Pretty amazing, as "hearsay" had previously been sales had doubled... nice to have a confirmation that improves on the rumours! :)

Tripled the sales and in the sequence he announced the Imperial Assault app ... Well, I think RTL dont make any sucess :P

Edited by kraisto

A concise rules reference would be fantastic . When a obscure terrain type comes up I have to spend several minutes scouring one of the 8 rules books I have to lug with me to find which one it was published in. At the very least you could say which book it is detailed in, but really the app should have a rule reference with all the terrain types, special rules and everything right in it.

I add my +1 to the suggestion that this app needs randomly generated stand alone dungeons.

Tripled the sales and in the sequence he announced the Imperial Assault app ... Well, I think RTL dont make any sucess :P

Wait! They announced an app for Imperial Assault? If so that is awesome!

Love the games hate the overlord mode!!

mal

It's a bit worrying that the "Campaigns" tab has now gone from the front page. Although it still asks you to pick when you're going through at least.

What I want is something I'm surprised nobody has mentioned. When it asks you to pick up the tiles I want tick boxes so I can say "Yep I've got 1, 2, 5, 8 and I'm only missing 24" or something. I always lose track of which ones I've got out.

What I want is something I'm surprised nobody has mentioned. When it asks you to pick up the tiles I want tick boxes so I can say "Yep I've got 1, 2, 5, 8 and I'm only missing 24" or something. I always lose track of which ones I've got out.

Now that you mention it, I realize that I want it too! That would be super handy.

Also, +1 to the need for an undo or backup button. Last time we played I accidentally tapped the done button twice for monster activation and skipped the master. We just gave it the same activation as the minions, but it could have been different and we wouldn't know.

It's a bit worrying that the "Campaigns" tab has now gone from the front page. Although it still asks you to pick when you're going through at least.

The campaigns have been moved to New Game.

The campaigns have been moved to New Game.

The picking of them has. Surely it's weird to put buying them there?

I would like to see some support for the upgrade kit. I have the 1st ed stuff sitting around, but can't use them with the app. I only got to play it for the first time the other day, normally I am expected to DM when we play Descent and I was looking forward to playing as Mad Karthos.

I'm pretty sure that there won't be any official support for the conversion kit. As a workaround you can just select another mage hero, and then play as Mad Karthos instead.

Yeah, Master Thorn kinda looks like Mad Carthos on laundry day.

Other than the obvious request for new content, i would like to see more referencing tools in the app rather than digging for cards everytime its needed. Something like the monster card on the info panel of that group for example. Even assigning condition to monsters or hero would be a good idea. Or an optional dice roller. Implementing more of the phisical stuff into the app, when possible, will save us a lot of time and table space.

Edited by subtleknife84
2 hours ago, subtleknife84 said:

Other than the obvious request for new content, i would like to see more referencing tools in the app rather than digging for cards everytime its needed. Something like the monster card on the info panel of that group for example. Even assigning condition to monsters or hero would be a good idea. Or an optional dice roller. Implementing more of the phisical stuff into the app, when possible, will save us a lot of time and table space.

I think they have different goals for the app. I see the app as a way to sell the physical edition of the game. What you're suggesting runs pretty close to a complete digital version of the game. I mean why would you need the physical product if all the important information is handled by the app?

1 hour ago, Proto Persona said:

I think they have different goals for the app. I see the app as a way to sell the physical edition of the game. What you're suggesting runs pretty close to a complete digital version of the game. I mean why would you need the physical product if all the important information is handled by the app?

Dont get me wrong. All the important information are still the map and the minis. Digitalizing some of the referencing stuff wouldn't change the way Rtl works or drop the selling point for physical content. It will help smoothening the experience.

Edited by subtleknife84