Spec/Talent Sheets

By RLogue177, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Seriously calling that "a lot of distortion" is not serious. That's barely pixelized and perfectly readable, even for me with very bad eyes.

Under the Senator tree, the 25 xp talent Resource Allocation has the phrase "by one step for the duration" duplicated.

Nice, I had been using the PDF spec+force sheets from BeggingForXP, which are beautiful but their campaign (or stamina for keeping this up) seems to have stalled before Fantasy Flight finished publishing the books. Yours is the most complete set of spec sheets I have found, thank you!

That said, I (like so many) have one more thing that I like in my PDFs: The ability to edit, specifically check-mark the talents that a given character has. I get that not many folks shell out the money for full Acrobat, which is what one needs in order to add that little bit (well, 25 little bits x number of specs...). I do personally have full Acrobat and have been adding check-boxes to my copies of the aforementioned BeggingForXP spec sheets... Not looking forward to re-doing all of that but I will of course because I love electronic records of characters.

Would there be interest in me posting the versions with check-boxes as I get them done?

count me as Vote #1 for interest in editable forms ! Thx in advance for putting in the work!

On 12/6/2019 at 10:12 PM, kalibra77 said:

Nice, I had been using the PDF spec+force sheets from BeggingForXP, which are beautiful but their campaign (or stamina for keeping this up) seems to have stalled before Fantasy Flight finished publishing the books. Yours is the most complete set of spec sheets I have found, thank you!

That said, I (like so many) have one more thing that I like in my PDFs: The ability to edit, specifically check-mark the talents that a given character has. I get that not many folks shell out the money for full Acrobat, which is what one needs in order to add that little bit (well, 25 little bits x number of specs...). I do personally have full Acrobat and have been adding check-boxes to my copies of the aforementioned BeggingForXP spec sheets... Not looking forward to re-doing all of that but I will of course because I love electronic records of characters.

Would there be interest in me posting the versions with check-boxes as I get them done?

Since I use oggdudes char gen it would be a shrug for me

On 12/6/2019 at 10:12 PM, kalibra77 said:

As this is exactly what I was planning on doing, I would be all for it! I don't have a full copy of Acrobat (yet but that will change) and when I do, I would happily offer to share the work with you.

I'm getting 404 errors off all the links. Have these been taken down?

3 hours ago, abookfulblockhead said:

I'm getting 404 errors off all the links. Have these been taken down?

That would be a pity - they're a great tool to get players interested in getting new sourcebooks.

I have not taken them down. I'll check out the links when I get home from work. If they're broken for some reason, I'll fix 'em. Thanks for the heads up.

I dunno... I just clicked each and every link in the first post on page 1 of this thread and they all work.

Anyone else having trouble with the links?

7 minutes ago, RLogue177 said:

I dunno... I just clicked each and every link in the first post on page 1 of this thread and they all work.

Anyone else having trouble with the links?

Yeah, I'm getting a 404 error.

I've previously downloaded these so I've got 'em, but I can't pull them up through those links.

I don't know how dropbox works, but did some sharing settings get changed? Like they somehow got switched to private only or something?

I tried this from Mobile, and got a 429 error, which is apparently due to links causing too much traffic?

I find that hard to believe. I imagine these links would have been much hotter around the release dates of new splats with more specializations.

It might be that @RLogue177 can see the files because they're in his personal dropbox, but external users can't.

Ooof, I'm getting a 404 on ones that I'm spot-checking too.

Also getting a 404 here.

Okiday. Meesa compleetla be rebuildin the linksa thisen evenin!

Gungan IT support! No wonder we were getting 404s.

42 minutes ago, abookfulblockhead said:

Gungan IT support! No wonder we were getting 404s.

*Still* getting 404s.

Sorry RLogue177, but I'm still getting the 404s. Maybe hire an Ewok? The Gungan doesn't seem to be working out. :P

Let's not go too cheap. Let's start a GoFundMe me and get some Jawas on to it

Alrighty... Links are edited. I renamed the files and created all brand new links.

Give them a try now.

Maklunky!

Edited by RLogue177
Maklunky!

404 :(

Well mudhorn poodoo.

How about this link..... Does this link work?

Link to the whole dropbox

Still 404, sadly.

1 minute ago, RLogue177 said:

Well mudhorn poodoo.

How about this link..... Does this link work?

Link to the whole dropbox

Nope :(

If refreshed links don't work, I suspect the issue is probably what someone suggested earlier - your stuff has been too popular recently so Dropbox is cutting it off until traffic dies down. Would make sense, the post-TROS hype is probably gathering more new and returning faces to the game as a whole and file hosting services tend to have a low tolerance for their free accounts.

Either that or the service as a whole is just having issues at the moment - give it a day or two and see if it sorts itself out before worrying any further about it.

16 minutes ago, Kualan said:

Nope :(

If refreshed links don't work, I suspect the issue is probably what someone suggested earlier - your stuff has been too popular recently so Dropbox is cutting it off until traffic dies down. Would make sense, the post-TROS hype is probably gathering more new and returning faces to the game as a whole and file hosting services tend to have a low tolerance for their free accounts.

Either that or the service as a whole is just having issues at the moment - give it a day or two and see if it sorts itself out before worrying any further about it.

Yeah, that could be. Maybe. I dunno.

I haven't consciously changed any security settings. It could be a temporary dropbox issue. It could even be an issue with the forums here. I do know a couple days ago someone was able to get the files and left me a nice thank you note, so the problem is definitely a recent thing.

I'm sorry the links aren't working. I have no intention of removing the files or blocking them or anything.

You could try hosting them on a free Google or iCloud folder as a temp fix if anyone is extremely desperate