Character Artwork Thread

By verdantsf, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

That is extremely cool. It has an almost CGI look to it but appears most definitely drawn or painted which is really impressive.

The thing that bugs me about this picture is that it looks like he has only one arm.I’m pretty sure the other arm is just hidden by the body, but with a slight change of the angle of the viewer, or by a slight change in body position, both arms would be clearly visible.But maybe that’s just me.

The rendering of the picture is great! But for those of us who like stronger silhouettes I agree that it could be visually tighter with a more interesting pose and a stronger silhouette. Still like it though.

All fair critique. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder in the end. :)

All fair critique. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder in the end. :)

The pose is subtle, but good! But as I have a background in animation and cartooning, I always look for clear poses (or "extremes" as the stronger poses in animation are called). In concept art I am attracted to strong silhouettes too. Tha does not mean the pic isn't absolutely awesome and as I said, the render is just great. But people always look for and appreciate different things in art and types of art! :)

Edited by RodianClone

Yeah they do. :)

Again, I'm fine with it. :D

Heya everyone! First time posting on the Forum! My super-cool friend and GM actually linked me here, and I was checking out everyone's characters! So awesome!
I've drawn my fair share of artwork from our many campaigns and adventures... I would love to share them here with you!
We've been playing together for well over a year now... so we've gone through many trials, tribulations, and tragedies together haha. Characters have come and gone, and others have become our villains, but I love them always! Hope you enjoy them too! :)

OrphansOfTheForce.jpg
Our "Pre-Season 2" poster! But only the two ladies still live today... *sniff*

Lex.jpg
Lex [survivalist turned Force Sensitive, with evil-Inquisitor daddy issues]

Tectus.jpg
Tectus [Virtuous Jedi-in-training who struggles to control his inner-anger]

PipsMaru.jpg
Piper "Pips" Maru [An unlucky Bounty hunter with an overly-idealistic love for the Rebellion. Was saying "classified" before BB-8 made it cool.]

SyrenIsComing.jpg
Vera Blue / Darth Syren [Former PC turned Darkside NPC villain. Ruler of the New Sith Order and obsessed with putting her "family" back together]

VeraBlueeee3.jpg
Darth Syren is my fav. Super-babe Zeltron Mystic with Love/Jealousy theme. She turned Darkside to save the ones she loved, but ended up eventually killing most of them in a tragic turn of events and dice rolls. :(

SW-LostBoys.jpg
Our current band of misfits! Left to right:
Casca [Former Elite Empire Solider], Akai [Former Jedi], Largo [smarmy businessman and goofball] , and Pips [sole survivor, but still unlucky]

Casca-GoodSoldiersFollowOrders.jpg
And lastly, just a solo-shot of Casca and his former mantra.

That's all I have for now! Hope you guys like them! Keep posting those arts! <3

Playing a one-shot this sunday and I am playing this Smuggler: Charmer :)

He has a sword-cane and a boonta blaster... Does anyone have suggestions on what kind of jewlery or ornamental item the boonta blaster can be disguised as?

rix_llandal_by_slapsticky-daa3qlf.jpg

Edited by RodianClone

Prince Wu? When did you get to the Star Wars universe? And why'd you dye your hair?

Heya everyone! First time posting on the Forum! My super-cool friend and GM actually linked me here, and I was checking out everyone's characters! So awesome!

I've drawn my fair share of artwork from our many campaigns and adventures... I would love to share them here with you!

We've been playing together for well over a year now... so we've gone through many trials, tribulations, and tragedies together haha. Characters have come and gone, and others have become our villains, but I love them always! Hope you enjoy them too! :)

They are all bursting with character. Colour me impressed!

Haha, very cool characters these all! :o

Kickgirl... Loving the style of these, absolutely fantastic work!!!

I love them too, kickgirl. But I would be careful with placing that explosive blood splatter behind that guy's butt!.. scary! :o

;)

Edited by RodianClone

These are great, the force seems to be with you mightily!

Awwww... thank you guys so much! So glad you like them!!! :D <3

I'm impressed by most of the character art on here, and I enjoy seeing them all... but it's only very rarely that there is character art with such intriguing character and enticing emotionality that I actually think to myself "I desperately want transcripts of all those game sessions" or "If that were a webcomic I would pull an all-nighter to read it all". And I've got to say, kickgirl, you're art (and accompanying captions) had that effect on me.

I'm impressed by most of the character art on here, and I enjoy seeing them all... but it's only very rarely that there is character art with such intriguing character and enticing emotionality that I actually think to myself "I desperately want transcripts of all those game sessions" or "If that were a webcomic I would pull an all-nighter to read it all". And I've got to say, kickgirl, you're art (and accompanying captions) had that effect on me.

If Maelora's games were a novel, I'm pretty sure I would be writing Fanfic for it.

Me too!

...oh, wait...what's the definition of "Fan Fiction" again? Because I may be using a different one than you are...

Edited by Absol197

Me too!

...oh, wait...what's the definition of "Fan Fiction" again? Because it may mean something other than what I mean...

:blink:

Kickgirl, your former Imperial, Casca... would he happen to be named Rufio Longinus?

How dare you share such nice and interesting images with us. :)

One of my players over on The Anuual Pigeon posted about another of the players, Thoulyakk the Wookie, on a "draw my RPG character" website after he got his arm blown off rolling despair when throwing a thermal detonator. He received this in reply:

BdtLg5y.jpg

Art by http://amdraw.tumblr.com/

You can also find a WIP sketch here

One of my players over on The Anuual Pigeon posted about another of the players, Thoulyakk the Wookie, on a "draw my RPG character" website after he got his arm blown off rolling despair when throwing a thermal detonator. He received this in reply:

BdtLg5y.jpg

He's lucky he even survived.

If Maelora's games were a novel, I'm pretty sure I would be writing Fanfic for it.

Oh wow, I have become infamous!! :)

But yeah, there are some talented people here and seeing other people's games is one of the best things about coming here...

Edited by Maelora

See, I must have a broken dictionary, because the word I would have used was "famous," not "infamous."

Anyone know how I can get in touch with these "Oxfart" people to lodge a complaint? I have become dubious of the quality of their work...

Edited by Absol197

Awwww... thank you guys so much! So glad you like them!!! :D <3

Hey, you did some great work, so be hard to not like them.

BdtLg5y.jpg

He's lucky he even survived.

Well PC death is pretty sucky and best avoided if undesired, so he flipped a light side point to say he ducked behind cover as he realised he fumbled it which afforded him protection. As ti happened he rolled limb loss on the crit table which seemed very appropriate that his throwing arm was caught in the blast. Meanwhile my PC, who was further away, lost his eyes to another unfortunate crit roll and antohe rPC was taken out of the fight. It was definitely epic enough for everyone's satisfaction. It was also probably a faulty thermal detonator since it had already been thrown once and failed to go off, much to everyone's surprise. Anyone foolish enough to return to unexploded ordinance deserved to roll a despair.