Enemy Beyond Expansion

By fog1234, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

This makes Bed, Bath and Beyond seem a whole lot worse.

Cool- I'm glad to see they aren't dragging their feet on the trilogy, given how long Black Crusade players had to wait for the 4th Chaos powers book...

It looks like exactly what I predicted happened. Another expansion!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/10/12/enemies-beyond/

Your powers of foresight seem dangerously close to witchcraft, heretic.

I dealt with that emperors tarrot guy. He seems legit. He works in the alley behind the the ground grox on a corpse starch cracker place. He's like a fortune teller for good and stuff. You have to pay extra for heresy.

Cool- I'm glad to see they aren't dragging their feet on the trilogy, given how long Black Crusade players had to wait for the 4th Chaos powers book...

And the Tome of Decay was "Here is Nurgle AND Chaos Undivided. Now we can stop supporting Black Crusade." which made more than a few people upset, rather than Nurgle and CU getting their own books.

I dealt with that emperors tarrot guy. He seems legit. He works in the alley behind the the ground grox on a corpse starch cracker place. He's like a fortune teller for good and stuff. You have to pay extra for heresy.

The one behind Imperial Castle or Imperial Bell?

Eh, personally I wouldn't really say it was a hard prediction, especially because the core rule book specifically has those three sub sections in it. So when you have one, and a second releasing soon, the third was a given. To me the only actual surprising thing is how quick they are pushing the supplements out.

Ah good! They finally announced it. :D

BYE

Well, colour me surprised. I excpected at least for Enemies Without to come out first.

It will.

It is due to the last quarter of 2015, while ennemies beyond will be in the first quarter of 2016.

Two relases back to back.

The one behind Imperial Castle or Imperial Bell?

Save it for the Emperor you two! :D

It's a shame it's not out before Christmas so I can get the complete set in one go...but that's just me being greedy. It's great they're getting the major ordos covered so quickly.

I'm interested, rules for Astropaths and Exorcised characters sound interesting. I wonder if Astropath will be a full on Psyker replacement ala Rogue Trader? Will it have its own disciplines?

Pleasantly surprised to see this pop up on the radar so soon.

I'm not generally alarmist, but this bothers me.

It gives me the feeling that they want to shut the line fast and that they just throw at us what they've done with a veneer of finish but not more.

But maybe this time paranoia took me.

That's what happen when you hunt nightmarish heretics in the depths of a hive world.

What kind of thing would you want more of, after these 3?

It gives me the feeling that they want to shut the line fast and that they just throw at us what they've done with a veneer of finish but not more.

That's what happen when you hunt nightmarish heretics in the depths of a hive world.

Well, they aren't putting out anything for the other 40k lines. More people and time to focus on DH2 and really push it forward with some emphasis.

But I do get where you are coming from.

~ alemander

Yeah it does seem like they aren't supporting the DH2 like they were the first edition. And with FF having so many irons in the fire it wouldn't surprise me. Which is too bad, as I feel that DH2 is a definite improvement over DH1 and would luv to see a Rogue Trader 2e also.

A Desoleum source book, sector book, Monster Manuel, Psychic book, Sisters of battle book, Adventures, Inquisitor book, world books detailing each world type.(everything you wanted to know about shrine worlds but were afraid to ask) Maps, vehicle book, Highborn book, tools of the trade book

And I also miss the back stories bought for xp, "Survivor of the Talos landing" and such.

Edited by Joeker

Anything that makes the Leadership aptitude worth having would make me very happy.

More character options are always welcome (I still have yet to hear of a homeworld option for Schola or... just an ordinary 'Imperial World').

And I can never get enough bad guys.

So what do you guys all think of the idea of an Exorcised Mutant Untouchable Assassin (my next PC ;) ) exploring Daemon Worlds with his Navigator friend?

Somehow, the second half of the sentence seems kinds wrong: since when do Navigators enter the Inquisition? I always saw then as more of a RT kind of thing - meant to live on starships and unable to be discreet (having a third eye and more riches and duties than most highborn does that). And the very idea of Acolytes entering Daemon Worlds is... ugh. Unless they decide to reintroduce Grey Knight PCs for some insane reason!

However, I love the idea of Exorcised PCs - do you think that would be a Homeworld or an elite advance? I wonder if you can get 2 Elite advances, btw...

And Penal Colonies seem really cool!

Exorcised PCs...I'm interested in seeing what they do with this as I don't think there's a precedent for that in the established canon? Daemonic possession is usually a terminal fate, one way or the other.

I wonder why this isn't one the main news page yet? I only found out about this from this thread.

And Daemonworlds as a homeworld option? That sounds a bit strange, as the inhabitants would likely be considered damned by all but the most Radical Inquisitor.

Exorcised PCs...I'm interested in seeing what they do with this as I don't think there's a precedent for that in the established canon? Daemonic possession is usually a terminal fate, one way or the other.

There is precedent for exorcised humans. There is even the Illuminati . Humans who were possessed then drove the daemon out by themselves.

A bestiary (with at least one-third, and preferably half, new creatures rather than rewrites of standard 40K aliens that have appeared in every previous version of WH40KRP ), more adventures (my preference would be for a collection of short scenarios that can be dropped in to an existing campaign, rather than a huge trilogy that requires the campaign be built around it), and a Big Book O' Plot Hooks a la Disciples of the Dark Gods .