Enemy Beyond Expansion

By fog1234, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Now, how about a forge world book within the Askelleon sector which would also cover the vehicles of the Imperium and perhaps updates on the Skittari?

Or just actual Skitarii rules. It'd be nice to finally do them.

BYE

The only Skitarii rules that I know of in terms of NPCs are the Classiarii from Rogue Trader's Hostile Acquisition splatbook.

I'd just make Skitarii as Forge World Guardsmen or Mechanicus Warriors. It is a bit simpler that way.

Yeah, I don't think they need specific rules either. Forge - AdMech - Warrior or Forge - Imp Guard - Warrior. Admittedly I know little about them, so I don't know if they're particularly special or anything.

Yeah, I don't think they need specific rules either. Forge - AdMech - Warrior or Forge - Imp Guard - Warrior. Admittedly I know little about them, so I don't know if they're particularly special or anything.

Agreed, though I'd lean more heavily towards AdMech than Guard since (if I understand correctly) they're supposed to be pretty heavy on cybernetics and the AdMech background is what gives you the Mechanicus Implants trait.

I am really hyped when I read about all the content. Emperor, Dark Pacts and Daemonhosts, how many years ago was it when first Dark Heresy came out.

Fingers crossed now for Enemies Wibbley Wobbly TImey Wimey: the Ordo Chronos Sourcebook :P

I forgot to ask - as there is no "exorcist" Background in the book...how is exorcism present as an Option for Player characters ?

Are there Talents for it ?

Is it a part of the new psyker disciplines only ?

Or is it not possible for Players to learn the art of exorcism ?

The reason I mentioned Skittari was that a while back GW had brought out a line of AD Mech minis with bizarre looking sentinel type vehicles. Would be interesting to see updates was my opinion.

@Gauntzero:-

As for Exorcism well its covered in the chapter discussing possession within Enemy Beyond, unfortunately am at work at the moment and don't have access to the book. Will look into it as well as the talents when am home.

Exorcism is a ritual anyone with the appropriate Lores can do, Gaunt. There's some Daemonology powers and Talents that help, but if you know how, anyone can try (though without those and other things, you'll probably have the full -60 penalty).

Hi Gauntzero...

As Mijrai stated, performing an exorcism can be done by anyone, and it helps if the exorcist has acquired the right talents/or access to a psyker with Sanctic Daemonology.

There are many forms an exorcism might take, acts of faith and purity or debased rites which drive out the daemon. Preparations to do so can be quite involved and even before initiating requires Forbidden Lore [Daemonology]. Actually carrying out the exorcism is an extended Daemonic Mastery test and quite risky for both the exorcist and the possessed individual. Also, there are modifiers to the base difficulty as you will uncover...

The New talents listed: -

Bodyguard

Bulwark of Faith

Daemonhunter

Daemonic Disruption (Untouchable elite advance)

Daemonologist (Psyker, Psy Rating 3)

Dark Soul

Hardened Soul

Inspiring Soul

Instrument of His Will

Iron Faith

Iron Resolve

One-on-One (master of single combat)

Rites of Banishment

Sanctic Purity

Shield Wall

Are there any new vehicles?

Nope

Is there anything that has similarity to the Techsorcist from DH1's demon hunter expansion ?

Is any of the new Talents one thats recycled from other lines (OW / DH1 / RT) ? Bodyguard sounds familiar...

Techorcist has not crossed over from DH1e, though some of the mechanics have cross pollinated from the wh40k rpg line. Rune swords first originated from Tome of Blood for BC, for example. The bodyguard talent certainly reminds me of the bodyguard template in navis prima book for RT, though that may be coincidental.

Possession does not have a slew of talents like it did in the RH for Dh1e, more like as the CP rises traits intensify, as well as the likelihood of unleashing the daemon. At CP 100 though the daemon is likely to rip through the host and materialise.

Dont get me wrong, I liked Daemon Hunter for DH1e because of concepts (though as I stated previously Grey Knights felt like maybe they should have been in a DW book), just that Enemy Beyond is better put together in my opinion.

It's definitely sounding like this book is another must get. I've been a lot more impressed by the material produced for 2nd edition DH than for first.

My copy finally shipped! YAY!

BYE

SOunds really good what I heard so far. I just really hope they don't stop the line right now.

There is so much stuff yet to be explored, and the Askellon sector is getting moe and more intersting with each expansion...

Bodyguard was also presented in DH1 ascension.

I'm glad they to put it back. It's now more a mix of ascension's "Body guard" talent and "shield againt's arm" (crusader's trait).

Is this the ability called "Guardian" (exists in Ascension and also in RT iirc), which allows to swap places with a Person via use of a FP ?

I especially miss the schola progenium so far :( wouldnt be sure if this should rather be a "homeworld", a "Background" or an elite package...I'd tend to the last Option, which offers more possibilities...

I'd make it a Background, myself. You can be born anywhere and find yourself an orphan sent to the Schola.

I thought about Background too at first...but then this would not offer the Option to make an schola progenium arbitrator or a schola imperial Navy officer.

I really would love to see it as a elite package, maybe together with a new "commander" role, that focusses on Leadership and strategy.

I'd make it a Background, myself. You can be born anywhere and find yourself an orphan sent to the Schola.

No, make it a Homeworld, just like Highborn. A Highborn could be from any world too, but it makes him substantially different.

Otherwise your Adepta Sororitas character, who is almost certainly from the Schola, can't become a Battle Sister.

Your Adeptus Arbites, from the Schola, doesn't have Arbites skills, and isn't as scary.

Is this the ability called "Guardian" (exists in Ascension and also in RT iirc), which allows to swap places with a Person via use of a FP ?

Yes, Guardian that is, my mistake.

No, make it a Homeworld, just like Highborn. A Highborn could be from any world too, but it makes him substantially different.

Otherwise your Adepta Sororitas character, who is almost certainly from the Schola, can't become a Battle Sister.

Your Adeptus Arbites, from the Schola, doesn't have Arbites skills, and isn't as scary.

I agree. Even if you can come from any world, the importanc of said word is lessened, in my opinion, by the rigorous training and endoctrinement the progenae suffers.

That's a good point as well. Very well, we must hope for it!

Thats a good point. I think I could very well life with that. But by no way it should be a background - too restricting.

In general, I would love for them to make more use of the elite packages.

Maybe a little back oriented to the old DH1 background packages or alternate ranks.

It could be used to flesh out Askellon a little more, by making elite packages that are tailored towards specific sector backgrounds.