Which preview will be out today?

By Mu0n729, in X-Wing

Must... know... what... Valen... Rudor... does...

Considering his track record of losing or crashing every TIE he pilots, I'm thinking "imperial biggs".

I hope for disintegrations.

Action: if you are within range 1 of an enemy ship equipped with a crew upgrade, roll 1 attack die. On a hit or crit, that upgrade is discarded. Then dicard this card.

Imagine taking out vader, C3PO, or the Emperor early in the game...

It sounds great, until you play a list with no crew cards... :(

Also, strike one already today... sigh...

Looking at all the new stuff me and a friend are kind of dissapointed on what the empire gets compared to rebels and s&v.

So we startet trolling around what the TAP might bring to the table. one of the outcomes was the possibility to have movements that currently do not exist on any given ship in the game: Green 1-turns!

Any thoughts on this?

The V1 is going to bring a cheap missile ship to the Imperials. OK, not as cheap as a Z-95, but still not bad. I think it's going to be kind of like a Tie FO in terms of where it fits. It will be slightly better than a Tie Fighter for slightly more for the cost. I'm looking forward to the V1.

The V1 is going to bring a cheap missile ship to the Imperials. OK, not as cheap as a Z-95, but still not bad. I think it's going to be kind of like a Tie FO in terms of where it fits. It will be slightly better than a Tie Fighter for slightly more for the cost. I'm looking forward to the V1.

why would you waste the TAPs on missiles when you have Bombers?

what TAPs'll do is Tie/v1 + juke and it'll be awesome

or just fling the Inquisitor at people. He seems pretty amazing

and then you have Omega Leader flying wingman with him, being a complete badass

imps are looking just fine. Don't be jealous just because their toys are smaller :P (all it means is an easier time on your wallet!)

Edited by ficklegreendice

Looking at all the new stuff me and a friend are kind of dissapointed on what the empire gets compared to rebels and s&v.

So we startet trolling around what the TAP might bring to the table. one of the outcomes was the possibility to have movements that currently do not exist on any given ship in the game: Green 1-turns!

Any thoughts on this?

Considering the Inquisitor is already looking to be reminiscent of Soontir Fel, I sure hope not. That would be absolutely bonkers.

does anyone know if the V1 Title will allow Jendon to throw the TAP a TL giving them an evade in combat as well?

why would you waste the TAPs on missiles when you have Bombers?

what TAPs'll do is Tie/v1 + juke and it'll be awesome

Because the V1 will still be useful after it fires one missile? Also, you can go with V1 + Juke + missile.

you could, but unfortunately we have yet to fix that fact that ordnance is largely crap <_<

even after WAve 8, we'll only but seeing it on pilots/ships that can overcome the TL, one-shot and action limitations (dat pogo :D )

Edited by ficklegreendice

you could, but unfortunately we have yet to fix that fact that ordnance is largely crap <_<

This again? We'll agree to disagree.

Must... know... what... Valen... Rudor... does...

Considering his track record of losing or crashing every TIE he pilots, I'm thinking "imperial biggs".

Good call! He's such a terrible pilot that his TAP exploded when he wasn't even in it.

Fingers crossed for Ghost!

Fingers crossed for Ghost!

Me too. That will also give us the Phantom.

We really firing this up again?? Come on guys, my heart can't take another break! :( :( :(

... But as we wait, how about we throw out builds or lists we are super pumped to try out with what has been spoiled so far from wave 8????!

Darth Vader (29)

Juke (2)

Tie/x1 (0)

Advanced Targeting Computer (1)

XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)

Tie/x1 (0)

Tie/x1 (0)

Tie/x1 (0)

99 total points

Juke Vader sounds... Awessome.

Edited by Kdubb

does anyone know if the V1 Title will allow Jendon to throw the TAP a TL giving them an evade in combat as well?

The title says "acquire the token", not "perform the action", so yes. Unless there is something unprecedentedly strange going on, when Jendon passes a TL to a V1 Titled Adv, they should get that Evade token as well.

The title says "acquire the token",

The title doesn't say "aquire the token", it says aquire a target lock. Jendon does not cause someone to "aquire a target lock", he simply transfers the blue half of the lock from himself to a friend.

It has been the case since the shuttle came out that Jendon doesn't trigger things that trigger on acquiring a target lock.

Edited by Forgottenlore

A whole article on the tractorbeam please.

TAP V1 + Juke will be strong, but it will be inherently weak to Sensor jammer- sure, you're getting a TL+evade cancel, but you arnt going to have a focus to cancel the sensor jammer.

I want to know what the target astromech does.

FWIW... We know now that Armada's tractor beam reduces speed by 1.

That, and a full page apology for making it a Cannon instead of a System.

Tie Defender doesn't have a system slot, TB being a cannon slot upgrade is not that bad.

On the other hand, any "fix" to Defender that increases it's price is not a good fix.

Tie Defender doesn't have a system slot, TB being a cannon slot upgrade is not that bad.

On the other hand, any "fix" to Defender that increases it's price is not a good fix.

So what you're saying is the TIE Defender needs a Chardaan Refit. :P

Tie Defender doesn't have a system slot

It also doesn't have two Cannon slots. So it's not like you can give it the upgrades it's actually supposed to have either way.

It has been the case since the shuttle came out that Jendon doesn't trigger things that trigger on acquiring a target lock.

Can you give an example?