Which preview will be out today?

By Mu0n729, in X-Wing

its 1:00PM EDT wheres my preview.

edit: A BOOK? I CANT FLY A BOOK IN TO SPACE COMBAT?!

Edited by Panic 217

I feel like a lot of X-Wing players had the same reaction to this preview as Ralphie had to the phrase, "Remember to drink your Ovaltine."

I feel like a lot of X-Wing players had the same reaction to this preview as Ralphie had to the phrase, "Remember to drink your Ovaltine."

so i can fly a book into space combat?

The dial for the Jumpmaster 5000 - the asymmetric dial is what im most looking forward to. I love the Ghost and crew, and the other stuff, but I desperately want to fly this ship with the assymetric dial.

I don't know why you're excited for it, it's not like it matters what direction it flies considering it's a turret.

The dial for the Jumpmaster 5000 - the asymmetric dial is what im most looking forward to. I love the Ghost and crew, and the other stuff, but I desperately want to fly this ship with the assymetric dial.

I don't know why you're excited for it, it's not like it matters what direction it flies considering it's a turret.

no, it matters

even discounting Dengar, the only ship in the game that can fire 2ndary non-turrets 360 degrees is the Outrider

considering how punchy the ship will be with torps (and how flaccid it is with just a 2-dice PWT), facing will be essential

white segnors --> focus --> fully modded torps sounds fun as hell

otherwise I'd be complaining about it, instead of probably buying 2

My money is on Gui(dance) C(hip)!

The TIE Advanced is my second most wanted after the Mist Hunter (well, maybe third after the Gozanti...there's three more TIE pilots in that pack), and the Guidance Chimp is definitely a large part of that.

A book ... huh?

Did I miss something?

A book ... huh?

Did I miss something?

RPG preview.

A book ... huh?

Did I miss something?

Where is this showing up?

A book ... huh?

Did I miss something?

Where is this showing up?

It's a RPG book on the front page. Not X-Wing related.

Monday has sort of turned into a general Star Wars update day, not X-Wing specifically.

Another thought: we have seen 2 updates (2 for x-wing even!) in a single day and we HAVE seen updates during the evening (relative to North America)

so KEEP ON HOPING!

Another preview. Another disappointment.

I'd imagine that fans of FFGs other product lines must hate the amount of news X-Wing/Star Wars gets relative to, say, Descent or Arkham Horror.

I'd imagine that fans of FFGs other product lines must hate the amount of news X-Wing/Star Wars gets relative to, say, Descent or Arkham Horror.

It's true. Check out the other forums and you will see. Oh, wait... Most of them are empty... How sad.

To be fair, how much discussion is needed for a boardgame that has nothing new coming out.

All Quiet on the Western Front.

See you next week then. Same time, same place.

I'd say none.

I don't know why I got my hopes up, I just checked yesterday that they're all still "in development."

no, it matters

even discounting Dengar, the only ship in the game that can fire 2ndary non-turrets 360 degrees is the Outrider

considering how punchy the ship will be with torps (and how flaccid it is with just a 2-dice PWT), facing will be essential

Me and you are pretty much the only ones excited to use the generics as ordnance boats, let's not kid ourselves. Everyone is going to run the **** thing with Dengar or another named pilot, Unhinged Astro and K4 or some other sort of broken combo and will just do 3 banks with it non-stop.

I'm less pissed about it than I was when I first saw it as I can just pound damage into it with TLT's. The thing I hate most about Super Dash is the hypermobility, if it's not blocked it has a pre-nerf phantom tier of mobility. The Jumpmaster is arguably even more hyper mobile than Dash. At least Dash couldn't Boost and barrel roll out of a ******* white 2 segnor's.

Do dials even ******* matter anymore? I'm astonished that people think that should all this fat Turretwing and general super ship meta disappear, we'd be left with a TERRIBLE meta dominated by BBBBZ type lists. That's how the game was intended to be played! That's how every ship in the game operates besides for the handful of top tier super ships and Y-Wings.

2 steps forward with large ship MoV nerf and TLT spam, 2 steps back with a Scum Hyper Dash.

Also, Nera can fire secondaries out of arc. :P

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

Man, it must be awesome knowing just exactly what the Jumpmaster can do.

no, it matters

I'd be fine with it if actually was limited to 2 attack dice and didn't have an auto include title that bumped it up to 3 dice. Just Like I'd be fine with Super Dash if he didn't have an autoinclude title that made his HLC a turret.

Me and you are pretty much the only ones excited to use the generics as ordnance boats, let's not kid ourselves. Everyone is going to run the **** thing with Dengar or another named pilot, Unhinged Astro and K4 or some other sort of broken combo and will just do 3 banks with it non-stop.

I'm less pissed about it than I was when I first saw it as I can just pound damage into it with TLT's. The thing I hate most about Super Dash is the hypermobility, if it's not blocked it has a pre-nerf phantom tier of mobility. The Jumpmaster is arguably even more hyper mobile than Dash. At least Dash couldn't Boost and barrel roll out of a ******* white 2 segnor's.

Do dials even ******* matter anymore? I'm astonished that people think that should all this fat Turretwing and general super ship meta disappear, we'd be left with a TERRIBLE meta dominated by BBBBZ type lists. That's how the game was intended to be played! That's how every ship in the game operates besides for the handful of top tier super ships and Y-Wings.

2 steps forward with large ship MoV nerf and TLT spam, 2 steps back with a Scum Hyper Dash.

The named pilots are pretty much my main reason for playing the game. I don't know how I'll use him, but I'll definitely be flying Dengar, because it's Dengar.

Having said that, I've never seen the Outrider title as auto-include. I think I've used it all of one time of the dozen or so times I've used Dash. I guess I use him a little differently than most people...

no, it matters

I'd be fine with it if actually was limited to 2 attack dice and didn't have an auto include title that bumped it up to 3 dice. Just Like I'd be fine with Super Dash if he didn't have an autoinclude title that made his HLC a turret.

Are you alright? You sound a bit tense.

no, it matters

Are you alright? You sound a bit tense.

Yes, I'm tense. Probably not alright haha. Feeling sick and having to deliver mail sucks, especially when your route is too long.

The thing about me waving my defeatist pessimism boner around here is that it's not just X-Wing that I have this attitude about. It's my job too, and my relationship status. I'm used to starting off the day being given too much mail and just giving up mentally instead of stressing myself out. My time as a substitute mail carrier taught me that the better I worked and the harder I tried to get done with my route earlier, the more mail I'd be sent back out with. Now I'm full time on a route that's too long and I'm not going to speed run the route all day every day just to get back at a normal time. So I just accept that I'm doomed right off the bat and stop caring.

When I get off work and show up to play my favorite game, and setup my Patrol Leader with Gunner Vader and 4 Obsidians only to get stomped by Super Dash being buffed by Jan Ors to 5 dice or whatever other obnoxious combo that ignores the elements that make this game great, It pisses me off. This game played so elegantly when I first started playing it. When I would get beaten by 2 X-Wings and 2 HLC B-Wings because I was out flown, or Turr Phennir sliding in for a shot and then slipping by just barely. Now I lose games because my opponents won in the list building phase or I had no way to deal with an HLC turret that can large ship boost and barrel roll every turn and can ignore asteroids, or I bumped my opponent's super RAC and it still dumped 4 hits on me with his free target lock and free calculation upgrade.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

tbh I want him to teach me how to post