Which preview will be out today?

By Mu0n729, in X-Wing

Are you alright? You sound a bit tense.

Considering how much I hate Super Dash, the idea of having to deal with a Super Dash that can also 2 white Sloop is too much for me. On one hand I'm pissed because that's blatantly game ruining, on the other it's not really any more obnoxious than the pre-existing game ruining power combos.

He's not packing an HLC though- he's not going to be that dominant at range 3 and he's going to have even fewer HP. His ability seems geared more toward playing against other pancakes(he'll never want to joust legit fighters).

1HWQIPa.gif

Considering how much I hate Super Dash, the idea of having to deal with a Super Dash that can also 2 white Sloop is too much for me. On one hand I'm pissed because that's blatantly game ruining, on the other it's not really any more obnoxious than the pre-existing game ruining power combos.

He's not packing an HLC though- he's not going to be that dominant at range 3 and he's going to have even fewer HP. His ability seems geared more toward playing against other pancakes(he'll never want to joust legit fighters).

Dengar's ability perhaps, but not the ship as a whole. With its hypermobility it and the 2400 are much better at facing traditional jousting ships than the Falcon and Decimator are. Push the limit with large ship boost and barrel roll is ludicrous. These things move like the pre-nerf phantom did. Opponent plans for a particular maneuver? I'll just decloak the other way then. Opponent plans for a particular maneuver? I'll just boost and barrel roll the other way then. People don't seem to get how frustrating that can be if you're not also flying a PS 8+ ace and a turret that gives zero ***** about hypermobility.

No, people just don't have as much of a problem with it as you do.

Dengar's ability perhaps, but not the ship as a whole. With its hypermobility it and the 2400 are much better at facing traditional jousting ships than the Falcon and Decimator are. Push the limit with large ship boost and barrel roll is ludicrous. These things move like the pre-nerf phantom did. Opponent plans for a particular maneuver? I'll just decloak the other way then. Opponent plans for a particular maneuver? I'll just boost and barrel roll the other way then. People don't seem to get how frustrating that can be if you're not also flying a PS 8+ ace and a turret that gives zero ***** about hypermobility.

3XiKMch.gif

Must... know... what... Valen... Rudor... does...

The dial for the Jumpmaster 5000 - the asymmetric dial is what im most looking forward to. I love the Ghost and crew, and the other stuff, but I desperately want to fly this ship with the assymetric dial.

I don't know why you're excited for it, it's not like it matters what direction it flies considering it's a turret.
no, it matters

even discounting Dengar, the only ship in the game that can fire 2ndary non-turrets 360 degrees is the Outrider

considering how punchy the ship will be with torps (and how flaccid it is with just a 2-dice PWT), facing will be essential

white segnors --> focus --> fully modded torps sounds fun as hell

otherwise I'd be complaining about it, instead of probably buying 2

I'd be fine with it if actually was limited to 2 attack dice and didn't have an auto include title that bumped it up to 3 dice. Just Like I'd be fine with Super Dash if he didn't have an autoinclude title that made his HLC a turret.

Me and you are pretty much the only ones excited to use the generics as ordnance boats, let's not kid ourselves. Everyone is going to run the **** thing with Dengar or another named pilot, Unhinged Astro and K4 or some other sort of broken combo and will just do 3 banks with it non-stop.

I'm less pissed about it than I was when I first saw it as I can just pound damage into it with TLT's. The thing I hate most about Super Dash is the hypermobility, if it's not blocked it has a pre-nerf phantom tier of mobility. The Jumpmaster is arguably even more hyper mobile than Dash. At least Dash couldn't Boost and barrel roll out of a ******* white 2 segnor's.

Do dials even ******* matter anymore? I'm astonished that people think that should all this fat Turretwing and general super ship meta disappear, we'd be left with a TERRIBLE meta dominated by BBBBZ type lists. That's how the game was intended to be played! That's how every ship in the game operates besides for the handful of top tier super ships and Y-Wings.

2 steps forward with large ship MoV nerf and TLT spam, 2 steps back with a Scum Hyper Dash.

Also, Nera can fire secondaries out of arc. :P

Yes, I'm tense. Probably not alright haha. Feeling sick and having to deliver mail sucks, especially when your route is too long.

The thing about me waving my defeatist pessimism boner around here is that it's not just X-Wing that I have this attitude about. It's my job too, and my relationship status. I'm used to starting off the day being given too much mail and just giving up mentally instead of stressing myself out. My time as a substitute mail carrier taught me that the better I worked and the harder I tried to get done with my route earlier, the more mail I'd be sent back out with. Now I'm full time on a route that's too long and I'm not going to speed run the route all day every day just to get back at a normal time. So I just accept that I'm doomed right off the bat and stop caring.

When I get off work and show up to play my favorite game, and setup my Patrol Leader with Gunner Vader and 4 Obsidians only to get stomped by Super Dash being buffed by Jan Ors to 5 dice or whatever other obnoxious combo that ignores the elements that make this game great, It pisses me off. This game played so elegantly when I first started playing it. When I would get beaten by 2 X-Wings and 2 HLC B-Wings because I was out flown, or Turr Phennir sliding in for a shot and then slipping by just barely. Now I lose games because my opponents won in the list building phase or I had no way to deal with an HLC turret that can large ship boost and barrel roll every turn and can ignore asteroids, or I bumped my opponent's super RAC and it still dumped 4 hits on me with his free target lock and free calculation upgrade.

Just paint your ships purple and gold and you will be fine.

better yet, if people show up with their fancy dengars, we'll just blow em up with Torp boats

deadeye + recon + r4 + plasmas + munis = 11 points = 1 point less than the title BY ITSELF

I'd happily trade a generic pogostick for Dengar, and considering he's 9 health squaring off against 4 fully modified dice, that's a trade I'm probably getting to make :)

hell, I'm probably running at pair of them (would be great if they hit around 38 points; HLC fringer levels). Between a minimum PS 3, one with plasma and one with protons, I could probably off a TLT a turn before it even got to shoot.

also Dengar can't ignore obstacles...kinda a big deal with that fat roll :P

Edited by ficklegreendice

Steering back to the original topic, I kind of hope for the Ghost to be previewed first. There is just sooooo much to be revealed, and I am dieing to see how it will work.

ghost is almost certainly the first due to fluff and hype...but a big fat meh to that

the ghost is a floating gimmick (though I will be forever thankful that gimmick isn't "pwt")

bring on the Jumpmaster and the new scum tech!

And we reset the clock, which one will it be today? I'll stick with my earlier pick, announce the game night kits, at least we know we will get those before the end of the year.

ghost is almost certainly the first due to fluff and hype...but a big fat meh to that

the ghost is a floating gimmick (though I will be forever thankful that gimmick isn't "pwt")

bring on the Jumpmaster and the new scum tech!

I'm dieing to know how the gimmick works, though. My love of the show and characters doesn't help, sure. But we are talking most likely a 60+ pt ship. With 0 Agi. And going to relay on turret upgrades for their main damage output. I am also curious at how viable the Assault Shuttle (going to really have to avoid calling it the Phantom) will be on its own.

1HWQIPa.gif

Website down so yeah we got that.

Did I miss a reference to the children smearing ice cream on their face?

I really like the children smearing ice cream on their face. It always makes me laugh so hard.

Common ppl, buy this book so we can go on with X-Wing business.

Maybe it can fly? Who knows?

deadeye + recon + r4 + plasmas + munis = 11 points = 1 point less than the title BY ITSELF

Shame it's not got one more torp/missle/bomb slot, but even so.

better yet, if people show up with their fancy dengars, we'll just blow em up with Torp boats

I'd happily trade a generic pogostick for Dengar, and considering he's 9 health squaring off against 4 fully modified dice, that's a trade I'm probably getting to make :)

hell, I'm probably running at pair of them (would be great if they hit around 38 points; HLC fringer levels). Between a minimum PS 3, one with plasma and one with protons, I could probably off a TLT a turn before it even got to shoot.

also Dengar can't ignore obstacles...kinda a big deal with that fat roll :P

2.) Yeah, at least obstacles are a thing when piloting the Jumpmaster. That 2 white segnor's though, now I have to account for one of these things doing a 2 sloop + boost + barrel roll and ending up beside or behind my ships. >_> IDK, seems about as equally annoying as Dash. Since it has a turret it won't care one bit where it'll end up so attempting to predict where it will end up will be impossible as all of its maneuvers besides for ones that land on rocks or fly off the map will be equally viable. And if you end up in a sh*tty spot, just boost and barrel roll.

3.) I'm surprised this thing doesn't piss you off. I like flying the ORS and the Patrol Leader and will enjoy torp boat Jumpmaster too, but that doesn't mean I'm suddenly okay with the super variant ruining the game. Considering that you don't hate Dash very much because it's not a PWT, a PWT variant of Dash seems like it would be right up your alley to complain about.

4.) At the end of the day, I can just run 4 TLT's or that 3 rebel operative HWK Ion turret build with the Z-95 and stress hog and sweep the **** thing because the counter to hypermobile turrets are more turrets, although being ionized doesn't matter at all when you can large ship boost and barrel roll.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

All you know is that white 2 Sloop. The dial could be crap otherwise! Sure, you have that awesome mobility going to the left side, but to the right? Might have no turns at all and just one set of white banks with the others being red. That would make the ship incredibly predictable and no where near comparable to super Dash who still has the ability to ignore obstacles ! I think the Jumpmaster will become a fine ship, FFG knows how flawed PWTs are after all. They made the Decimator and Outrider different, not going far enough, probably, but making both infinitely more enjoyable than the Falcon. Of course they screwed up the Outrider by giving it the Mango Cannon, making it even more obnoxious than the Falcon.

I want to know what the Gui dance C ore (I don't think the next letter looks tall enough to be an "H" so chip doesn't work) does. And maybe more importantly, what it costs. Modification is sort of a crowded upgrade slot but this could be the final upgrade that makes missiles and torps effective.

I know some folks have missed this but seeing as how the Punishing One comes with two of these upgrades and the ship has two torp and no missile slots, the first line of this card has to read "When attacking with a torp or..."

I think it is:

When attacking with a "missile symbol" or "Torp symbol" weapon, you may convert blanks to hits equal to your primary attack value. Maximum of "3".

That would mean concussion missiles are actually concussion hit-alls with a single hit rolled.

Would also mean normal torps fired from an X wing or a B wing (Nera anyone?) would be a very consistent alpha strike. .

The clock doesn't need to reset.

It's still the same day.

An unending day of hope for X-Wing tidbits.

All you know is that white 2 Sloop. The dial could be crap otherwise! Sure, you have that awesome mobility going to the left side, but to the right? Might have no turns at all and just one set of white banks with the others being red. That would make the ship incredibly predictable and no where near comparable to super Dash who still has the ability to ignore obstacles ! I think the Jumpmaster will become a fine ship, FFG knows how flawed PWTs are after all. They made the Decimator and Outrider different, not going far enough, probably, but making both infinitely more enjoyable than the Falcon. Of course they screwed up the Outrider by giving it the Mango Cannon, making it even more obnoxious than the Falcon.

You seem to forget that it has a salvaged Astromech slot. It'll likely have a 3 bank in both directions, which will be green.

FFG has a habit of introducing cool mechanics and then allowing them to be broken immediately. Cloaking and ACD, giving a turret a cannon slot and putting a card in the same pack that turns it into a turret anyways, and now a ship with an asymmetrical dial that can just 3 green bank in both directions anyways. They seemed to have learned their lesson a bit with SLAM and Advanced Slam, allowing for absolutely no way to attack and SLAM anyways like ACD allows one to., and nerfing triple Tactician.

I think that it is not unreasonable to assume no 3 bank on that basis at all, although even if it is there thats not too bad, since with the ship heavily favouring one direction (ew...) it becomes predictable and blockable.

When do they usually give updates?

I really want to like Dengar. Why? I dunno....I read the Bounty Hunter book where he saves Boba Fett and thought he was terrible. So, I looked him up and just kind of like him. I finally got to the part in Clone Wars cartoon that showed him. Maybe it's his gun is a modified MG34 from WWII? I dunno. I also like the idea of a non-symmetrical dial. With that white S-loop, it just means you can really mess with people because they all think you are going to do it....and then you don't. :)

I haven't even really thought about how to fly Dengar, though. I guess I'm waiting for the spoil on him and his ship before I bother thinking too hard. There is just too much new stuff that I just got my hands on. Oh, and haven't gotten my hands on all of Wave 7 yet!

I'm excited for the Punishing One because I want to see what the Boba Fett crew card does :D

Edited by Covered in Weasels

I hope for disintegrations.

Action: if you are within range 1 of an enemy ship equipped with a crew upgrade, roll 1 attack die. On a hit or crit, that upgrade is discarded. Then dicard this card.

Imagine taking out vader, C3PO, or the Emperor early in the game...