After much waiting, the work begins...

By talismanisland, in Talisman Home Brews

Although card decks are now separate, there are still some that merely share a template and use a different back, so "Purchase-type" cards will be in one place.

se3_purchase_example.jpg

Managed to sort Endings, which are just about the most tricky ones to do... so far...

se3_ending_example.jpg

Looking good, looking good. So keen to make some expansions with these.

Guess who...

se3_wanted_example.jpg

Decks for the three standard Dragons...

se3_dragon_example.jpg

This look fantastic, thanks for all the hard work and time you put into this.

Questions:

-Do you think the center bar between text and artwork will have a kind of up and down sliding bar feel and not only 2 position so that we can maximize the room for the beautiful artwork?

-Will there be a way to print cards as a regular playing card size?

You see, I'm tinkering with the idea of scanning and reprinting all small size cards into regulars poker size card to ease my (and my playing friends) aging eyes, making the font bigger and a chance to gaze at the artwork without glasses or magnifying lenses.

Keep up the great work and I'll be raising a pint to you on our next game.

Old Master.

Old Master -

The only sizes that will be available are the standard "Talisman" two, and the cards will not scale up to larger size, at least in this version.

I do not have the necessary time or skill to recreate all of the cards as "poker-sized" or similar, but it if someone wanted to in future it would be easy enough to rejig the plugin to accommodate this.

Enjoy the pint though! :)

As for progress, I have just finished a number of cards including the Runestones introduced in Talisman Digital -

se3_runestone_example.jpg

EDIT - To be honest, if I could get hold of a standard template in future that did not have any resizing, so people would have to actually condense some rambling text, I'd be up for updating the plugin again, or making a special version so that cards appear as they do in the example above.

Edited by talismanisland

Old Master -

The only sizes that will be available are the standard "Talisman" two, and the cards will not scale up to larger size, at least in this version.

I do not have the necessary time or skill to recreate all of the cards as "poker-sized" or similar, but it if someone wanted to in future it would be easy enough to rejig the plugin to accommodate this.

Enjoy the pint though! :)

As for progress, I have just finished a number of cards including the Runestones introduced in Talisman Digital -

se3_runestone_example.jpg

EDIT - To be honest, if I could get hold of a standard template in future that did not have any resizing, so people would have to actually condense some rambling text, I'd be up for updating the plugin again, or making a special version so that cards appear as they do in the example above.

What its Gold version do?

No idea tbh. But the blue looks better with the silver template!

Actually, I'm thinking that it will have the same effect as the Silver one, but with an additional effect that you can discard it to force another character to teleport to their own start space! :)

Edited by talismanisland

Draconic Lord cards done...

se3_lord_example.jpg

Where possible, icons that are used in the plugin will have standard, high(er) definition and colour variants.

se3_icons_example.jpg

...and Terrain cards.

se3_terrain_example.jpg

FANTASTIC!

...and Terrain cards.

se3_terrain_example.jpg

This is what the (very) Deep Realms were missing! The Terrain cards ;) .

Mini Endings...

se3_endje_example.jpg

Upgraded Character Tokens to latest design (Adventure card sized, rather than smaller tokens).

se3_token_example.jpg

EDIT

Not forgetting the option of just creating a character token on its own!

se3_token_only_example.jpg

Edited by talismanisland

Added Alignment cards so that you can make a set of double-sided ones if you wish to reduce the number of cards required, with the option to play a Hidden Alignment game by using a cardback.

se3_alignment_example.jpg

Information Cards (or basic Rules Cards) -

se3_info_example.jpg

Information Cards (or basic Rules Cards) -

se3_info_example.jpg

You also might want to add an option to create the info cards that aren't divided into two columns, but are one big card. Though, even if this is possible to make with a Region Editor tool (the best tool in the whole SE), having a whole plug-in for that is just more convenient.

I'm not sure about that as I prefer the layout on two sides, like a normal rules sheet.

Latest addition is the Rules Card (with 3 colours of decoration) from JC Hendee -

se3_rules_example.jpg

Yes, but I found a couple of times (and usually painfully) that the two columns are too small to fit all of the text (and that particular rule is weirdly divided into that two columns), or the columns are too big than the partucular rule needs, and the second column is empty.

In both of that cases the rule sheet looks as it was taken from an arse, and doesn't look very good.

Added a bit of an indulgence to the Purchase template... :ph34r:

se3_blacksmith_example.jpg

More indulgence...

se3_favour_example.jpg

Edited by talismanisland

Ooops!

Nearly forgot a Simple Card Back...

se3_back_example.jpg

looking good, looking good.

Hastur is coming...

se3_hastur_example.jpg