Unofficial Campaign Tracker for Descent!

By Atom4geVampire, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I have received the 'OK' from FFG legal by the way, which is great.

I just need to make a few minor adjustments/additions

1. Non-commerical: No money exchanges hands for the use of the creation. This includes requests for donations or direct ad support.

2. No affiliation or sponsorship: Please make sure the creation doesn’t look like it could be an official FFG tool or make it seem like FFG is sponsoring the creation in any way.
3. Limited use of game material: Please only use as much imagery or text that is necessary for your creation to function.
4. Attribution: Make sure to give yourself credit for your creation! Please also make sure that “© Fantasy Flight Games” is on images used. This can be small and out of the way so long as it is clear and legible.
5. Trademark Use: Our trademarks (most of our game titles are also trademarks) may not be used in the domain name of a website. Also, do not use trademarks directly in the title of your creation - Descent 2nd Edition Campaign Tracker would be a no-go, but Campaign Tracker for Descent 2nd Edition would be fine.

Outstanding and congratulations!

I just purchased D2e, and I will be starting a campaign tomorrow. Are you still handing out beta access?

I would be more than happy to help test it.

I would like to Beta test when available;

Currently I'm using a Google.doc sheet which I made myself similar to something like this to track Campaign / Wins / Exp / Skills etc.

But it proves a bit inadequate since it isn't as visual as your website.

Looks great so far, can't wait to try it out!

I'd be all over testing this as well. I"m an actual developer so I could add some value to your testing. :P

Can't wait.

Even at this stage, this is just a great way to store the stuff for a campaign! Keep the great work up!

Guys,

What do you think the average maximum amount of threat tokens an overlord can acquire in one quest is?

He can collect at least 8 from killing each hero in both encounters of the quest, but a lot of plot cards add extra ones ways to gain them.

Edited by Atom4geVampire

Go with how many are on one cardboard punch out thingy...what ever they are called. Shouldn't be able to go over that.

That would be 16 :P (though the rules say, they aren't limited to the supply)

FFG is awesome!

I too would like to test. I have some coding experience, this doesn't seem like it would be too hard to convert to an app...

Guys,

What do you think the average maximum amount of threat tokens an overlord can acquire in one quest is?

He can collect at least 8 from killing each hero in both encounters of the quest, but a lot of plot cards add extra ones ways to gain them.

As far as I know you can only obtain a threat token by killing a hero once per quest , and not per encounter.

Look : https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/descent-second-ed/news/lieutenants/DJ09-rules-web.pdf

" Each time a hero is defeated during an encounter, instead of drawing one Overlord card, the overlord may choose to gain one threat token.

The overlord can only gain threat tokens in this way once per hero per quest. "

So only 4 threat tokens that way bro', sorry :P

What I really need is someone who has all the hero cards (conversion kit ones as well) and could make a high quality scan of each of them. :)

I asked FFG if they had (or could create) some sort of 'fan site kit' that had all the hero art that was used in the rulebooks and such, but they didn't have that available.

So instead of using the art I'm using now, I'm probably going to take the images from the hero cards and use those, so they all look the same.

" Each time a hero is defeated during an encounter, instead of drawing one Overlord card, the overlord may choose to gain one threat token.

The overlord can only gain threat tokens in this way once per hero per quest. "

Oh, right! I guess I missed that second sentence. A bit silly that they write 'each time during an encounter' first.

Yeah, I know, thats where I got most of my images, but most of them are not good enough, as I said in my original post:

"Some heroes have great images available online ( High Mage Quellen for example) while others don't (for example the best image of Shiver is this one )."

I would like them all the same quality, and better quality than this example of shiver (which is from a hero card)

Edited by Atom4geVampire

Just remeber, some plot cards can make you gain more threat tokens, so 4 is not the limit. Guess it would be 6-8 but can remeber alle the plot cards. Most gives 1-2 ekstra as far as i remember

Small update: The issue tracker still has about 17 open issues for the website, of which one third are critical for the websites functionality. So we are almost there :)

Now I could also use everybody's help in coming up with a name/url for the website, keeping the following in mind:

5. Trademark Use: Our trademarks (most of our game titles are also trademarks) may not be used in the domain name of a website. Also, do not use trademarks directly in the title of your creation - Descent 2nd Edition Campaign Tracker would be a no-go, but Campaign Tracker for Descent 2nd Edition would be fine.

Any suggestions are welcome :)

www.d2etracker.com

www.trackd2e.com

Or something along those lines ...

Simple, short, memorable.

Edited by any2cards

Perhaps instead of Tracker, you could work with the word Journal (to describe recording your adventures) perhaps.

Using the above examples perhaps:

d2ejournal.com

descentjournal.com

Journal4D2e

Alright, can use a few more testers, anyone who's interested let me know.

Alright, can use a few more testers, anyone who's interested let me know.

Yes please!

I'm in!

Forgot to mention this: Please PM me you email address if you want to test. I need it for the website and the issue tracker.

Alright, I have enough testers again for now. Thx everyone.

(People in my inbox right now will still receive a message with details)

Edited by Atom4geVampire

About to start a campaign next week. Could you squeeze me in as one more tester? Pretty please?

Jon