Unofficial Campaign Tracker for Descent!

By Atom4geVampire, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi Atom,

are you still around, how’s it going ?

regards,

Georg

Hi Atom,

I don't know if anyone else got this problem too, but anytime i try to edit my account and add more lt pack to my collection they just disappear after a relog - like it didn't get saved but i sure used the update button - and randomly unchek stuff it already saved before.

my username is larrodan.

Thanks!

Regards,
Tom

On 9/22/2019 at 8:07 AM, Larrodan said:

Hi Atom,

I don't know if anyone else got this problem too, but anytime i try to edit my account and add more lt pack to my collection they just disappear after a relog - like it didn't get saved but i sure used the update button - and randomly unchek stuff it already saved before.

my username is larrodan.

Thanks!

Regards,
Tom

Same here.
Only the first 8 Lt packs get saved (from Belthir to Ariad), the rest disappear on logout.

Looks like Atom may be busy with something else.

I offer to help with whatever I can.

Hey all.

It's true, it seems that my life is a bit too busy at the moment. I keep telling myself I should add the new classes to the site as well, and I never seem to manage to get around to it. (I also still haven't got it myself, due to a mishap at the supplier of my local game store). I also kinda moved on from Descent to be honest.

I have a feeling the problem reported above might have to do with the move to the new hosting as well. Maybe if I have some free time in the near future, I can hopefully take a look at it.

4 hours ago, Atom4geVampire said:

I also kinda moved on from Descent to be honest.

What? What?

That attitude/action is most definitely NOT allowed ... you are too good of a community resource for this kind of bad behavior ... 😀

37 minutes ago, any2cards said:

What? What?

That attitude/action is most definitely NOT allowed ... you are too good of a community resource for this kind of bad behavior ... 😀

I couldn’t agree more!

I mean i get it, but I also think this was probably the last physical content to add and then it would hopefully be a low maintenance thing and you can concentrate and enjoy your other projects:)

Your tracker is just to good and I don’t need anything else, so i am hoping you get to finish it and then i can still use it in the future when my children are old enough ! 🙂

We can’t thank you enough Atom, but yeah thanks again!

Georg

Maybe you can find someone else to help with maintenance?

I offer myself, I could also translate it into Spanish.

I have never used the site before but today I put my group's campaign in the tracker. Everything was fine up until the point where I had finished on the part where you put the results in the for the quest. It let me put that information in but there wasn't a screen where you add skills and now it is back at the campaign summary screen and I cannot find a way to do anything. There is no button to continue the campaign or add the skill choices in from the last quest. I can't add travel to the next quest or choose anything. I'm not sure if the site isn't working or if it's just not working for me or if I'm completely missing something obvious to be able to continue.

Capture2.PNG

You have to record the Shopping stage before you record the Spend XP stage...

You can click on the blue Add Items bar to go enter the shopping stuff, then once that is completed you'll be able to click on Skills to record the XP spent.

After you've done both of those you'll be able to choose the next quest, or re-open the specific steps for editing again.

It's a little cumbersome but you'll get used to it :)

8 hours ago, Xyphistor said:

You have to record the Shopping stage before you record the Spend XP stage...

You can click on the blue Add Items bar to go enter the shopping stuff, then once that is completed you'll be able to click on Skills to record the XP spent.

After you've done both of those you'll be able to choose the next quest, or re-open the specific steps for editing again.

It's a little cumbersome but you'll get used to it :)

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I definitely don't mind the steps, I just didn't understand the process. This is far better than pen and paper.

Hi Atom,

i hope you are well!

I also hoped i could encourage you to complete your tracker. It is such a huge help and we did one campaign with it and we kept track of the hybrid classes on our phones, but honestly it was quite messy:-(

I will provide you a link to the pictures of all the classes and i hope you get around to implement them.

Happy New Year !!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tofp0h3kitt5fe8/AABlEwBojpxEofuAYRAZiaUCa?dl=0

If I find time somewhere this January, I'll add them.

You are the best 😊

Hi Atom

I use your application to tracking campaign for Descent 2 ed. It is very good, helpful and I love it. I have question to You. Do you intrested to add polish language to the tracker? I could preper translation in my free time.

Regards

Dawid Wekwejt

I could do the Spanish translation too (I own all but Bonds of the Wild in Spanish)

But so far it looks like Atom has no longer time for the tracker... it will be almost a year since LL released and the classes have yet to be added...

@Atom4geVampire Just an idea but... maybe you could opensource it and post it on github or similar?

That way anyone can contribute (translations, fixes, missing cards...) and you would only need to accept pull requests from time to time.

Lost Legends content will be added tomorrow!

Everything is prepared on my local machine, but I don't want to do it at the moment, since it's late here, and if something goes wrong I'll be in bed :)
It should all work, except for the Elementalist's special card thingy they added, but I'll try to fix that later.

About the github thing. I've already had some people in the past who offered to help, but it never amounted to anything. (No offense to those persons, it's a big project)

Basically, this project was built when I was still learning a lot of code stuff. So it's one big mess, that somehow works, however, it is bursting at the seams in some points. See the homepage for example.
It uses sub optimal code, combined with the site being more popular than expected = slow load times.

It's also still running on an old PHP version, and half the code is deprecated, because I based this on old examples and didn't know any better.
Giving github access might expose vulnerabilities (not that the site has sensitive content, but someone could break it)
It doesn't have any back-end interface to add content, it's all done by me straight in the database... 😓 So github access wouldn't solve that either

I was working on that in the past, just rewriting the existing code, making it work better, but that's still a lot of work. (I can't change little parts at once, because everything's connected)

It's true that I myself have moved on from Descent, but it also seems most people have. (Even FFG).
So at the moment, the question I have to ask myself is: Do I have the time available to pour hours and hours of my life into this again, hours that would take time away from other interests I have at the moment, and into a product that most people have left behind? And I think the answer at this moment is no . But it's not because I don't want to. I still love that so many people used and used it, and if I would have like a few months off from work or something, I would surely finish it. But my life is a lot more busy than it used to be as well, a busier job, a girlfriend, getting older,.. all makes for less time in the evenings. :)

Edited by Atom4geVampire

Ah **** ... just blame coronavirus and say you have currently suspended efforts ... everyone else is doing it ! 🤣

Nice one @Atom 🙂

There us a small bug right now that I wanted to mention.

We are in a Mists of Bilehall/Chains that Rust campaign right an we just transitioned over to Chains. After the transitioning all players got 1 XP and the heroes did get 100 gold, we already got 1 XP after the intermezzo and the heroes lost. So right now everyone hast 1XP too much and heroes have 100gold too much.
It is not a huge deal, but if you get around to fixing that, that would be nice 🙂

Thanks for all your hard work and time you put in this great tracker, much appreciated!!

Regars,

Georg

Sorry, because of the Corona craze I didn’t manage to put it live today. Should go live tomorrow. And I also took a week off from work, so might look into some other stuff as well

Edited by Atom4geVampire

Classes were added!

Thanks a lot for continuing to support your tracker Atom4geVampire!

One small thing I noticed:

I can't add translations to the new classes and skills yet. This is not a priority issue, since the pack hasn't been released in german thus far, but it would be great if I could add the translations once it's released.

Regards,
Delphi

20 hours ago, DerDelphi said:

I can't add translations to the new classes and skills yet.

I don't know if I see them all but there are a lot of (I think I have see more than 100) new translations .. just click " check for new or updated string " on the top of the translations pages

Thanks Felin,

you are correct. It didn't occur to me to click on "check for update", since the news entry was already there :)

Now the entries are shown however, so there is nothing for you to do Atom.

Thanks again your hard work @Atom4geVampire !

Idk if it's a problem on my side, but still if I add any lieutenant pack below valyndra/ariad line or the new lost legend pack it vanishes from my profile after a relog. Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks!

Tom

Hello!

I hope all is well during the current strange times.

We have just finished the final quest from Heir of Blood. However when we try to add the last quest details for Blood and Betrayal, we kept getting a popup saying "The submitted security token did not match, please try again." We are pretty sure we filled everything correctly there, has any similar issues like this being reported? if so how could we fix it?

Thanks a lot!! we would just really love to complete the campaign.

Have a lovely easter,

Yifei