Unofficial Campaign Tracker for Descent!

By Atom4geVampire, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I'll look into it!

Hey ... I found a small bug when logging our ShadowRune campaign. We played the rumor quest "Gold Digger", which was won by the heroes. So they recieved the "Aurium Mail" relic. After assigned it to a hero I recognized, that the addtional black defense die was not displayed in the heroes stats (same situation in the "Overlord Intelligence" overview). Other additional defense dice that were added by regular armor items are displayed.

Do you know this issue yet?

Yes, the stats page is not 100% finished yet, there are some issues that I still need to sort out. I will try finalizing this as soon as possible.

I have been using the tracker, I'm just wondering if it would be possible to save a quest after encounter 1 (I think its not possible at the moment)?

Don't know if this happens to a lot of people, but sometimes my group has to stop a play session in the middle of a quest, so it would be nice (if its easy to implement) the ability to save only encounter 1.

Even the ability to edit the quest would be good enough. At the moment once you submit (Save) the quest you have to delete the entire quest (travelling, etc) to be able to change anything in it.

Awesome work on the site, it helps a ton :)

Edited by abnr

An issue I've found.

When selecting the travel entry for forest "Bandits occupy the forest" (in Labyrinth of Ruin) I cannot update with no item aquired. It won't update and I cannot go further (or back). If I select an item and a hero it works though.

How do I play Rumour quests? I am in the middle of Heirs of Blood (Baron Will Tell) and I can only seem to select 'A Dangerous Path'.

Feel free to look at my account 'rfisha' and you can see for youself

Rumour cards have to be played and this is done in the campaign steps before skills are chosen, right after a quest is ended.

After a rumour is played there are new quests available. A rumour quest can be chosen at the point where any other quest is chosen.

Rumour cards have to be played and this is done in the campaign steps before skills are chosen, right after a quest is ended.

After a rumour is played there are new quests available. A rumour quest can be chosen at the point where any other quest is chosen.

Tried that, I couldn't see any selections pop up. I'll try again after the next quest.

I'll probably won't be able to check it before tomorrow, But I'll keep you updated. (I'll test the rumors issue for your account and check and the bandits event issue)

Edited by Atom4geVampire

I have been using the tracker, I'm just wondering if it would be possible to save a quest after encounter 1 (I think its not possible at the moment)?

We rarely play more than one encounter on our gaming nights, so this would be a cool feature.

It's all good Atom4geVampire, I believe the problem was between my keyboard and the chair :)

Ok, cool. Sorry for the delay (haven't been able to work on it yet).

I'm leaving for a three week vacation at the end of this week, so I'm busy taking care of other last minute stuff :)

I will try to at least take a look at these last issues before I leave!

Just started a campaign using your tracker - amazing, especially the "Overlord Intelligence" tab. (Perhaps a little too hidden, we only discovered it towards the end)

Thank you and salute to you, Sir!

Its a very well done tool and looks amazing. I would like the ability to go back to edit previous quests in a campaign though. Although I imagine that you are meant to use it as you are playing the campaign and not trying to add a half-completed campaign from memory.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, It's both the fact that in a real campaign you would technically not be allowed to go back and change stuff, and that editing previous quest would really open up a whole new list of situations/issues like lets say you bought an item in quest 3 for 100 gold, but you only got that 100 gold because you sold an item in quest 2. Then you go back and undo the fact that you ever sold that item..

Anyway, I'm leaving on vacation to Colombia tomorrow, I should be back in three weeks (19th of october) :)

Any issues that pop up in the meantime will need to wait until then.

A thought:
On the Quest Stats page the most encountered travel steps are listed.

Naturally "No event" is dominating the scores, obviously it during most travels you hit one or two no events. The no event can also occur on all different terrain types, while most (or all?) other encounters are unique. So no event can happen regardless of where you travel, while the other events "need" their corresponding terrain to even have a chance to be triggered. It could also be because if you forget exactly which encounters you had when you record the session and then you might pick "no event" on those you have forgotten.

To my main thought however. It would be great to be able to see the stats without "no event". I mean, now all other scores are at 0, 1 or 2%, which kind of makes that statisic page useless. Now I'm not saying you should remove "no event", it's great to be able see how often that happens, but it would be a nice to have a button saying "ignore no event" and see how high the other scores are. Which are the most common events ignoring no event is impossible to really know as it is now.

Hey mate, I think you are aware of this one, but currently we have play out all the open Rumour Quests before we proceed to ACT 1 interlude, which is not in the rules. Open Act 1 rumour quests are discarded if they have not been played by the time the Interlude quests has been selected.

I managed to fudge around it this time.

All the best and keep up the great work,

Richard

This tool is awesome! I've thought about building one myself for quite some time but now I don't have to! :) Try as I might I would never have gotten it this good so it's all for the best.

After using it for halfway through HoB I realised that there is one stat I would like to see besides all the other greatness that there is. How about time spent on encounters/quests? It would be interesting to get some live facts about how long the quests take to go through. I do realise that we all play differently so the time frame would be different for all groups but in the end there would be some kind of general idea for each quest/campaign.

Good job!!

I love this but I did notice one thing that could be fixed.

I started a new campaign and chose the wrong class. There was no way for me to edit my campaign and switch that. I had to delete the campaign and start over. I did see an edit button but it did not work on my iPad.

+1 for adding a "time spent per encounter/quest" field. This tool is bloody awesome, keep up the good work!

EDIT: After inserting information about all finished quests in my halfway through campaign I noticed that Rune Plate does not add a defense die or +2 health to it's wielder Quellen. Whether the health bonus should apply is a rather easy chech againts the wielding hero's Knowledge, but the check to see if the wielder should get a gray or black defense die might be trickier if you have not saved attributes associated with each weapon (magic, rune etc.)...

Edited by MrDoctor

+1 adding a 'time spent' option would be fantastic. This site is very well done and I appreciate you taking the time to put this together and supporting it.

Ok, please add an edit feature. I've had to delete my quests several times in order to correct mistakes. This by far is the only thing preventing this app from being a home run.

I would like to be able to modify total threat, modify skills, modify money, modify items, modify plot cards without having to delete my quest results and start over. And even deleting a quest does not undo a mistake in spending experience points. My campaign is sort of screwed there.

Being able to suppress group would be great too.

My bad, dual post.

Edited by Kyarn

on the travel events, if a hero wins a search card, how can i record it? do i have to wait to the items tab to be open (after the quest completion)?

thanks, and btw, the tracker looks awesome