New LackeyCCG Plugin for Call of Cthulhu LCG

By Kallisti, in CoC General Discussion

I solo tested kriss's mod and there are nice improvements. With the CCG cards included you can now play CCG games or even mixed LCG/CCG games.

You only need one or two games to get used to Lackey. It's not the best interface ever, but it does its job !

I would gladly help you start dboeren, but I won't be able to find some time for a few days. But ask Kriss, I'm sure he'll be a nice teacher !

To import decks, the best is to use Deckbuilder, which is compatible.

Can you post a link to the correct sadric's version? I tried some searching last night but I am not certain if I have the correct "most recent" version or not.

Normally, you don't need to search for the sadric's plugging, because the link is available in the pluging finder include in lackey ("cthulhu lcg" if i'm remember well)

You can copy and past this link : http://www.sadric.altervista.org/cthulhu_lcg/updatelist.txt

I won't be connected tonight but this w-end i will, so you can add me on skype : a.krisss666 ^^ (gmt +1 )

about the "most recent" ou just need to check with the update button, when sadric make an update, lackey download the new files gran_risa.gif

Ah, ok. I didn't realize there was a plugin finder, I thought you had to download them yourself. Thanks!

I've successfully installed the Sadric plugin and then your files on top of it. Now I will take a look at your tutorials and see if I can learn to use this thing :)

not sure if i've done this right, but i'll often be trying to host a game on lackey connected to the server. will just be using it to trial new decks and ideas so nothing serious (YET!!). if i'm there and you're interested, grab a seat !!

CocLcg and dboeren, i'll be connected this night (around 8h /9h pm gmt+1)

I'm french but i can talk in english xD

We have some guests coming in from out of town tonight here but perhaps another time.

The good news though is that I think I have figured out most of how to use LackeyCCG - although I haven't tried a remote connection yet. It's still rather cumbersome, but I was able to play through most of a 2p game last night using myself and a test user.

If I can make one suggestion for the plugin - would it be possible to include premade story deck files? It seems like it would be better for these to be part of the install than for every use to have to duplicate the work themselves and everyone needs them for every game. I think this is possible since it already appears to include a Cthulhu/Agency deck in the distro.

Also, is there a way to export from the deck builder at http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/CoC/cocdeckbuilder.html into LackeyCCG? Or does it only accept from Nyarlazorbec's program?

i added myself the deck agency-cthulhu to give an exemple with marker ^^

So i can add others decks of course !, let me know decks you want i add

I tested both cardgamedb and deckbuilder and both can be used to save a deck for lackey.

There are some differences :

- cardgamedb's deckbuilder :

* generate .deck file

* need to add stories

* lack of filters

* don't have ccg cards

- nyarlazorbek's deckbuilder :

* generate .txt file (need to use "import" )

* add 12 stoies by default (can be changed)

* add 3 domains (only used with sadric plugging or if you want to put ressources like real game)

* tons of filters

* have ccg cards

for both, we need to add manually the markers for each deck. I'll ask them soon to add this option in deckbuilder

PS : i need to change image for some errated cards like descendant of eibon or aspiring artist (text are very differents since errata)

so cardgamedb is better to post your deck in forum !

except for some reason i can't join cardgamedb. i sign up, they send the verification email ,but it never arrives, resend, never arrives. have tried signing up 3 times now and there doesn't seem to be any way of contacting administrators either. any help ??

i'm a night owl so should be able to match up with people overseas, we just need to work out time difference. its now 3am here and the post says……..

EDIT: looked it up and its GMT+10 so you should be on about 6am. might pop back to bed for a few hours and see you then. im so not lackey savvy so first of all might need some advice on how you prefer to play it. i also dont have skype but will in a week or so.

I'd like to see three default decks included:

1. Core set story cards

2. Secrets of Arkham story cards

3. Shifting Sands story cards

They're all small so hopefully will not represent too much effort.

And then a couple questions for you as a new Lackey user who probably doesn't how how things are supposed to work:

Your example deck appears to contain:

1. The deck itself

2. The story deck

3. 3 "domains"

4. 5 "markers"

I understand #1 and #3 (although 3 seems optional, I didn't bother with it and don't know how to insert these into the file). I have no idea why the others are there.

Why are the story cards part of the deck? Aren't these loaded into the shared story area? That's how I was trying to do it last night - loading my story deck I created into the deck editor and then selecting "load to shared: Story". This one is the most confusing because a deck could be used with any set of story cards so why would you want to tie the deck to a specific set?

What are the markers used for and why do I need them? If I do need them for something, why 5? I can already put red and green numbers on all my cards if I need to count wounds or something. Are these for something else, or just because they look better?

How do I insert these things into a deck file and have them saved in the separate sections?

im probably backwards but thats all ive been doing. using red for one player, green for the other, for wounds / successes / drained domains and loading a story deck into my 'load to zone : story' - i then just random discard 3 and put these out on the board.

in a couple of days i'll be running a COCLCG proxy server on lackey practically 18hrs of every day, so if anyone's interested and i'm about, jump on in. i may be in and out for 5 minutes or so or if ( shock / horror ) i have to go out into the real world, but it'll be running on a dedicated computer behind my laptop where i work, so yeah. it's there. mainly just for trialling new decks for refining in physical play so nothing serious.

dboeren : you're right about story deck => it isn't a share deck…

In fact the previous pluging (sadric's) don't use share deck and i don't thought to use it…

So each deck have his own story deck: nyarlazorbec's plugging add automaticaly coreset stories, but you can change in the deckbuilder.

With Cardgamedb.com you can add stories like plots with AGoT, so stories are part of deck too!

I understand it should be better to have a shared story deck, so players need only to load the deck they want : i'll work on this option !

about markers : it's an alternative to use "domain".

- Normally you put domain and ressources behind

- with my pluging you put ressources czards in a physic aera and put a big token when you want to "drain", it's the markers.

Why 5 markers? : 3 for each normal domains and i added 2 for extra domain in case of you use some nexus or other card to gain extra domains. I thought 2 extra domains is enough right now

I made a test with a friend of me and i'm sorry but i missed some images in my updatelist.txt (background , phases, tokens) sonrojado.gif

I'll post a new link soon !

PS : in the old pluging, player can put ressources card (head card in the bottom means 180° ). I removed this option to make a different ressource system :

put a card in 270° position in the aera ressource, so players now can't use domain like before.
Do you think i should keep the 2 means to play ressources cards ?

To add markers, you need to select the marker deck in deck editor and into the quick search, you write : Domain drain.

you add 5 of this markers (or 3 if you don't play with extra domains)

COCLCG said:

in a couple of days i'll be running a COCLCG proxy server on lackey practically 18hrs of every day, so if anyone's interested and i'm about, jump on in. i may be in and out for 5 minutes or so or if ( shock / horror ) i have to go out into the real world, but it'll be running on a dedicated computer behind my laptop where i work, so yeah. it's there. mainly just for trialling new decks for refining in physical play so nothing serious.

by the way, if you do pop in, type hello as your first text as then i'll hear it and know you're there !!

coclcg: i'll try to catch you this evening xD

new updateliste (same link) : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/327207/CtuhlhuCcgLcg/updatelist.txt

you need to change your plugging , for exemple load the w3000 (plugging by default), before you use the updatelist, because i changed some files loaded in memory.. So you need to have the Coc pluging memory free before update !

i add shared story deck : in the lackey,'s deckbuilder you load a deck as usual, and you load it in the share zone (+ 3 deck for all LCG stories, i'll add ccg stories later)

You can do this action at any time, so you can host a game, wait for a player and decide the story deck to use

To put a story in the table, you right click into the board and use "the draw story"

Something isn't working right here…

I changed to w3000. I loaded your update using that url. Then I switched back to the cthulhu_lcg plugin.

I go into deck editor and I can see the new story deck files. But, in the preview they show as having zero cards. I load the Ancient Relics story deck, it shows zero cards. I try to put it into my shared story zone, still zero cards.

The file has contents, it's nearly identical to my own story deck file.

My version works:

<deck version="0.8">
<meta>
<title>RelicStories</title>
<author>dboeren</author>
<email>[email protected]</email>
<date>04-11-12</date>
<game>cthulhu_lcg</game>
</meta>
<superzone name="Story">
<card><name id="F10">A New Challenge</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F5">Come the Dreamtime</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F7">Congress of the Keys</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F6">Heart of the Labyrinth</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F2">The 9th Plague</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F11">The Heirloom</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F1">The Opened Door</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F3">The Second Dragon</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F12">The Seventh Gate</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F9">Village of Ash</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F4">Within the Ice</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F8">Chaos Unleashed</name><set>ARE</set></card>
</superzone>
</deck>

Your version does not:

<deck version="0.8">
<meta>
<title>Story_deck_coreset</title>
<author>kriss</author>
<date>04-11-12</date>
<game>cthulhu_lcg</game>
</meta>
<superzone name="Story Deck">
<card><name id="F8">Chaos Unleashed</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F5">Come the Dreamtime</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F10">A New Challenge</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F7">Congress of the Keys</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F6">Heart of the Labyrinth</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F2">The 9th Plague</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F11">The Heirloom</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F3">The Second Dragon</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F12">The Seventh Gate</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F9">Village of Ash</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F4">Within the Ice</name><set>ARE</set></card>
<card><name id="F1">The Opened Door</name><set>ARE</set></card>
</superzone>
</deck>

I believe the key difference is probably the superzone name. I'm at work now but I may fiddle with editing the file by hand later and see if changing that fixes it.

Ok i just understand the problem : i named the story zone : "story deck" and now it's named "story" i don't know why … serio.gif

so the previous decks i made contain this part :

<superzone name="Story Deck">

but this superzone don't exist anymore.. i just replaced the name by "Story" , so you can download again … it will work

thanks for the help :)