New LackeyCCG Plugin for Call of Cthulhu LCG

By Kallisti, in CoC General Discussion

Wow, that was fast aplauso.gif

(If you cannot wait my update of the LCG pictures pack, you can use this plugin's pics with the DeckBuilder, they are the same)

Cheers,

Nyarla

Nyarlazorbec said:

Wow, that was fast aplauso.gif

(If you cannot wait my update of the LCG pictures pack, you can use this plugin's pics with the DeckBuilder, they are the same)

Cheers,

Nyarla

Heh, not too fast if you consider that it was all 3 APs... ;) And yes, they're the same files as Nyarla's... and the same folder names. More specifically, you

copy the directories: AMD, ADN, ASK

from: $lackey_installed_directory/plugins/cthulhu_lcg/sets/setimages/

to: $deckbuilder_installed_directory/CardImages/

Cheers

Wow, a way to play online coc. This seems nice indeed. I have downloaded lackey, made an export from the deckbuilder and imported the deck into lackey. Now i am trying to find other players. It seems very few people play this on lackey's. I have been online for quite a while but only found one player right at the moment when my visitors rang the doorbell. Hopefully I will find some other players.

Without any opponents I tried the game solitaire. I must say that its quite the work to put everything on the table in a fashionably way. It seems we first have to do the story's manually, just as drawing eight cards and picking 3 of them for the domains. Also first turn skipping story phase is done manually? It seems I really need a player who knows how to work the game in lackeys the right way. For example getting the cards as a resource under the domain is really a lot of work to get it the right way, especially in the next turns when a new resource is added. Is this just the way it works or am i doing something wrong?

Indeed, and you really need conf-call, skype or something the first time to be able to follow and keep a good pace.

Odd as this may seem, I actually think that the difficulty that it takes to use the software is a good thing.

WHAT!?!? Hehe let me explain. There are enough annoyances, tricky things, "how does this work?", "why does it do that" and similar issues that it makes using the plugin the last ditch effort for getting a game together. I'd hate for it to have the best interface possible, super easy to play, super easy to arrange matches, etc for the sole reason that it would hurt FFG LCG card sales.

Right now, I only use it from time to time to play w/ a buddy of mine when one of us isn't in the office that day. Normally we have a daily match at lunchtime. Sometimes, however, one of us can't make it into the office, so we play w/ Lackey. We know each other well, know out play styles, our particular conventions on how to do things, etc. We also are both big collectors of the cards (3x purchases of everything) so we both know that using Lackey to play w/ each other doesn't hurt FFG sales and in some ways helps. (He has a Mac, so this is his deck building software)

I know there are plenty of people out there like us for whom the use of Lackey doesn't hurt FFG. However if it were super easy to use (and learn the game with) then I could see people not buying the cards in the first place. And that would be horrible.

You may be right, Kallisti BRC.

My "real" decks contain a part of proxies only because I don't like the 1x / 3x policy of the first AP's and the 1x CS... but I have bought at least one copy of each and every packs. So we could say I just make copies for my personal use, like for the CD's and so on... but now that FFG is to change it's policy about AP contents, I will not need so many proxies anymore ... at least in LCG,. For Legacy or mixed decks, that's another story. gran_risa.gif

And Lackey should more be seen not as a risk for FFG not to sell cards anymore, but rather like a nice (and free for FFG) tool to convert new players and convince them to buy cards... so I'd love the I/F to be a little bit simpler to use. I think one think I'd really like to see improved is to have a "country-keyboard" free software. It's difficult to understand that Lackey just now the basic US Qwerty keyboard and does not recognize, for instance, a french-speaking Azerty keyboard. It's just a little bit tricky when using the Filters. OK, I can build my decks using DeckBuilder, what I do too, but sometimes, I just go directly to lackey, use de deck construction panel and assemble some proto decks.

FredhoT said:

And Lackey should more be seen not as a risk for FFG not to sell cards anymore, but rather like a nice (and free for FFG) tool to convert new players and convince them to buy cards... so I'd love the I/F to be a little bit simpler to use. I think one think I'd really like to see improved is to have a "country-keyboard" free software. It's difficult to understand that Lackey just now the basic US Qwerty keyboard and does not recognize, for instance, a french-speaking Azerty keyboard. It's just a little bit tricky when using the Filters. OK, I can build my decks using DeckBuilder, what I do too, but sometimes, I just go directly to lackey, use de deck construction panel and assemble some proto decks.

That would actually be something pretty easy to do I think. I think the Lackey program itself has utility built in for different languages. I'll look into it.

Mmmh, I've bought a headset+mic, so I played two games with a friend using skype in // and it worked very well.

I'm now considering trying to make a few Lackey tutorials with CamStudio adding sounds (i.e. my awful voice commenting what I'm doing and how... gran_risa.gif )

Hello to all you Cultists, Investigators, and Ancient Ones,

The Lackey plugin is up to date w/ the latest AP. Nyarla rocks again.

Update via the usual method.

Hello to all you Cultists, Investigators, and Ancient Ones,

The Lackey plugin is up to date w/ the latest AP (Journey to Unknown Kadath).

Nyarla continues to be awesome in all ways.

Update via the usual method.

I had default war3000 and old cthulhu plugins and couldn't understand how to install this new lcg one. I tried entering path to "updatelist.txt", but all it said something like "trying to update", but downloaded nothing. Then I manually entered link into my browser and downloaded "updatelist.txt" by myself. There I found some more links, manually downloaded some txt files, created "pluginscthulhu_lcg" folder and put them in order written in updatelist. Only then it agreed to open my new plugin happy.gif .

Now I'm downloading card pictures (74% complete). But could not understand what I was doing wrong at the beginning. I still don't see a way new plugins could appear from scratch in my plugins folder, without manually creating folders for them in there.

Sorry for my bad english.

Hello.

Has the CoCLCG plugin been updated with Secret of Arkham and Whisper in the Dark AP yet?

No urgence so far. Just to know when to launch the update process... gui%C3%B1o.gif

Also crossing my fingers so I can build decks faster.

Unfortunately, no it hasn't. I generally have to update mine after Nyarla updates the other Deck Builder. This is due to my shamelessly stealing the graphics and text from his program. Nyarla generally has to wait on the card scans (which for the last few AP cycles he's been getting from me). Of course, my scanner is kaput right now, so... Bummer.

And, of course, now I just read the forum and see he's updated. Hehehe. I'll be trying to update soon as well.

KallistiBRC said:

And, of course, now I just read the forum and see he's updated. Hehehe. I'll be trying to update soon as well.

Hello !

I've just uploaded the SoA pictures, but 8 cards of Whispers in the Dark are still missing...

Cheers,

Nyarla

Hello.

I tried to update today but received an error message: "Timed out while updating the plugin"

Just remind me what I need to do in order to update it myself:

- I just put the images in the ggod directory (like for DeckBuilder)

- I need to add the list of the cards in a text file somewhere?!

I'm not able to update Lackey to the newest sets. Either I'm not doing it correctly or card images for The Yuggoth Contract just haven't been uploaded yet. Does anyone know for sure?

There haven't been any updates since before Secrets of Arkham. I am, among all other things, a total slacker.

I'll post here when there is a new update.

if you want, just explain how to prepare an update, maybe we can help you.

FredhoT said:

if you want, just explain how to prepare an update, maybe we can help you.

The problem is that I used a program I wrote to do the conversion from Nyarla's stuff to the Lackey stuff. Said program unfortunately went away when my old PC went away so I have to rewrite it. :(

Any update on this? I've now got the deck bulider up and working, but cant play with any decks I make on it that use new cards.

Like others, I am happy to help with the update of the next Lackey set - Have never done it before, but if it just needs someone to enter all the data, I'm happy to help

I am going to work on doing an manual update for the cards for SOA forward since I do not have access to the auto-update. This will be my first time and I am busy so it might take me a few days, but I plan to start work on it tonight. I will post a link to the files when I am finished.

Okay I have finished SOA. am posting what I have done. I will do the rest tomorrow as it is pretty easy to convert them with the Spoilers posted on Boardgamegeek.com

filebeam.com/4217b3775950df09e8dc9e5c49070f63

Just unzip the file and replace the setinfo.txt found at

PATH LackeyCCG plugins cthulhu_lcg sets setinfo.txt

and the setlist.txt found at

PATH LackeyCCG plugins cthulhu_lcg setlist.txt

Also you will need to put the images in the images folder found at

PATH LackeyCCG plugins cthulhu_lcg sets setimages

I did not include the images in my download as they can be found here:

eric.minet.free.fr/cocbuilder/dbdownl_en.htm

Okay I have finished updating the setlist through The Yuggoth Contract: The Spoken Covenant.

http://filebeam.com/5f4d49407a4e858a11d4de38b3864e5c

Just unzip the file and replace the setinfo.txt found at

PATH LackeyCCG plugins cthulhu_lcg sets setinfo.txt

and the setlist.txt found at

PATH LackeyCCG plugins cthulhu_lcg setlist.txt

Also you will need to put the images in the images folder found at

PATH LackeyCCG plugins cthulhu_lcg sets setimages

I did not include the images in my download as they can be found here:

eric.minet.free.fr/cocbuilder/dbdownl_en.htm

The set images should remain in the folder tree already created by Nyarlazorbec.