New LackeyCCG Plugin for Call of Cthulhu LCG

By Kallisti, in CoC General Discussion

Mmmh,

It seems that my Avast antivirus software does not like your filebeam website. Every time I click on the download button of the file form the link you posted, I receive an message telling me that Avast has blocked the donwload and that the connexion with the website is re-initialised.

Would mind to post it on another file sharing website to see? Rapidshare generally works well with me.

Fred

FredhoT said:

Mmmh,

It seems that my Avast antivirus software does not like your filebeam website. Every time I click on the download button of the file form the link you posted, I receive an message telling me that Avast has blocked the donwload and that the connexion with the website is re-initialised.

Would mind to post it on another file sharing website to see? Rapidshare generally works well with me.

Fred

rapidshare.com/files/419091077/Lackey_cthulhu_lcg_updated_to_The_Spoken_Covenant.zip

Thanks à lot, PlayWithFire, now it works.

Fred

playwithfire said:

Okay I have finished SOA. am posting what I have done. I will do the rest tomorrow as it is pretty easy to convert them with the Spoilers posted on Boardgamegeek.com

filebeam.com/4217b3775950df09e8dc9e5c49070f63

Just unzip the file and replace the setinfo.txt found at

PATH LackeyCCG plugins cthulhu_lcg sets setinfo.txt

and the setlist.txt found at

PATH LackeyCCG plugins cthulhu_lcg setlist.txt

Also you will need to put the images in the images folder found at

PATH LackeyCCG plugins cthulhu_lcg sets setimages

I did not include the images in my download as they can be found here:

eric.minet.free.fr/cocbuilder/dbdownl_en.htm

Thanks PlayWithFire, man this is a God send for real for us noobs and experts alike. When i get some time I'll add The Wailer Below (I need that Lord of R'Lyeh fotr my mono-Cthulhu deck) and the rest of the Yuggoth Contract collection.

I don't want to be a negative nelly or anything, but being a creative type myself my morals require I check... is FFG aware of this and given it their blessing? I know they have shutdown one effort for Warhammer: Invasion on Lackey, but have allowed a modified version of A Game of Thrones to run on OCTGN2 (artwork, no card text until the pack has been out for a certain amount of time).

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Here's the complete set of card sets current to the Cacophony with the setinfo.txt included. Thank me later.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXMZ42VJ

Any update with Order of the Silver Twilight and the first AP of Rituals of the Order?

this is the update from url file, updated up to Aspiration of the ascension

http://www.sadric.altervista.org/cthulhu_lcg/updatelist.txt

this version of Cthulhu_LCG is not yet compatible with the old one. You need to delete the old plugin and reinstall it by update from url.

message me i f you need help gui%C3%B1o.gif

Very good.

Everything is fine my "new lackey" is up to date.

Thanks Sadric.

FredhoT

Hey there, Sadric!

I sent you a friendship requets, hope you will accept it.

I experience some problems with Lackey. All my attempts to install or update CoC plugin dont meet result - I either get 700something amount of cards or 1300 something but I miss some of the cards anyway. Could you please tell me how to install and update CoC plugin so it have all the available cards for him at the moment? Let's say, I've just installed Lackey and my plugin folder is empty. Whats next?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and I encourage everyone who knows how to help me post their opinion too, I would be grateful!

I found some tutorials but all I can find relates to older version of Lackey client. Can't seem to figure out how to install all plugins properly. sad.gif

Thanks to Sadric I can finally play Lackey CoC.

The next step is to understand complex interface of the client. I cant find out how place stories into play, how make domains etc. I think I need a partner that could teach me all that stuff. Anyone up to play ?

Thanks so much for providing a working LackeyCCG plugin, the built-in one fails every time I tried to install it.

Like Lesseps, I find the interface to be very confusing, so my next step (once it's done downloading all the card images) is to struggle through learning to use the program.

played a game yesterday at LackeyCCG. Everything works but I still have to find out all the controls. I believe some actions can be done easier as I do them now. One hint - when playing on a laptop use a mouse, not the touchpad. I went nuts sometimes

Sadric said:

this is the update from url file, updated up to Aspiration of the ascension

http://www.sadric.altervista.org/cthulhu_lcg/updatelist.txt

this version of Cthulhu_LCG is not yet compatible with the old one. You need to delete the old plugin and reinstall it by update from url.

message me i f you need help gui%C3%B1o.gif

Sadric.. great plugin.. thanks for your effort.. may I make a request to add a "refresh all" button... and is there a reason the cards tap 180 degrees? So if possible I suggest that you add a "refresh all" button and make the cards only tap 90 degrees...

You can do this like this....
<generalfunction><label>Refresh All</label><kind>ALLYOURCARDSMAKERIGHT0DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>

booored said:

Sadric.. great plugin.. thanks for your effort.. may I make a request to add a "refresh all" button... and is there a reason the cards tap 180 degrees? So if possible I suggest that you add a "refresh all" button and make the cards only tap 90 degrees...

You can do this like this....
<generalfunction><label>Refresh All</label><kind>ALLYOURCARDSMAKERIGHT0DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>

Thank you Booored.

For the "refresh all" button, I tried to add it, but the plugin is the legacy of the old Cthulhu ccg plugin and I have to find the old command to make that function (if it existed).

I was thinking about rewrite the entire plugin but not in short times.

For the other request maybe I don't understand well: if you use the "exhaust" command the card turn 90 degrees, if you use the "resource" command it turns 180 degrees.

If I delete the turn 180 degrees function we lose the possibility to put cards as resources.

Contact me if you need something else. happy.gif

not sure I see the point of the 180 degree thing myself.. a resource works just as fine if you whack it on the table and place the domain on top of it,. I've play a lot of random games, and I do not think i have ever seen anyone use the 180 degree thing, or if they did i didn't notice; Still I guess you have your reasons.. I personally just would prefer to be able to double click to tap, double click to uptap...

I see the great potential in using the LackeyCCG Cthulhu LCG Plugin to stay connected to old friends over great distances not to mention making some new friends over a few games! I have sort of hit a wall however in trying to understand how to manipulate the interface to somehow simulate basic game functions. Sadric, I have sent you a friend request in the hopes of finding a resource to help solve these issues. If any other community member out there is willing and capable of assisting I would be indebted.

Please let us know once it's ready to try out!

Also, the biggest barrier for most people to get into this sort of thing is the difficulty of finding good tutorials that show how to use the rather poor interfaces these programs usually have. If you know of any good tutorials that will help us get into LackeyCCG - can you include some links to these as well?

there is a very old tutorial on the cenacle cthonien, but in french!

I could make a new one in english with the new version i made, but i don't know where to put it in ffg forum .. maybe i should make a new topic with new presentation + link to tutorial in cenacle?

I added ccg cards in my plugging, but there are less than 10 promo card images missing (many thanks to nyarlazorbec, he sent me datas from his deckbuilder ! )

When you make your deck, you can use a filter to keep only lcg card or ccg (or both ! ), so you can play with friends with old format (or custom format)

You can't host files on the FFG forums, and if you put it in text form as part of a post it can't be pinned so it will gradually become hard to find.

I would consider hosting the file on BGG (where it can be permanently visible for people to find) and then posting a link to it in this thread as well as in a BGG thread.

BGG is definitely the best place to post files; I think BGG also indexes to search engines better than the forums here do.

OK, I've installed a fresh version of LackeyCCG on my laptop. Just waiting for that plugin and some hint of how to use it.