New LackeyCCG Plugin for Call of Cthulhu LCG

By Kallisti, in CoC General Discussion

Ok well untill the tutorial arrives.. mind if i ask you a few questions.. I am asking you here as it is coclcg plugin related

1. - How are you marking wounds and drained domains? We were using the red or yellow marker thing....

2 - Also... how do you get the card to work as a domain.... like i can not get the cards to sit perfectly on each other it always forces it into a staggered "stack" type look... as well as being unable to put the card down with out the other players seeing what it is.

I know it is just a plug in... but can you say click on a card in your hand and "add to domain" or w/e to avoid those problems?

3 - Also I know you can zoom in using the mouse scroll.. but if i zoom in enough to read the cards on the table.. then i can't fit everything on it :) Besides the card preview in the top left is there any other kind of zoom function I am missing?

Thanks again for your time scanning and managing this plugin.

Also if you can not be bothered doing a tutorial.. mabey just try screencap a game you play, very easy, no effort for you .. and there are many opensource screencap apps (just google screencapture opensource)... and uploading it to youtube or something.. just watching someone play the game would be enough info for most people.... if you do not do this i can do it .. i upload tons of stuff to youtube all the time ....

iGaveHimLife said:

Ok well untill the tutorial arrives.. mind if i ask you a few questions.. I am asking you here as it is coclcg plugin related

1. - How are you marking wounds and drained domains? We were using the red or yellow marker thing....

2 - Also... how do you get the card to work as a domain.... like i can not get the cards to sit perfectly on each other it always forces it into a staggered "stack" type look... as well as being unable to put the card down with out the other players seeing what it is.

I know it is just a plug in... but can you say click on a card in your hand and "add to domain" or w/e to avoid those problems?

3 - Also I know you can zoom in using the mouse scroll.. but if i zoom in enough to read the cards on the table.. then i can't fit everything on it :) Besides the card preview in the top left is there any other kind of zoom function I am missing?

Thanks again for your time scanning and managing this plugin.

Also if you can not be bothered doing a tutorial.. mabey just try screencap a game you play, very easy, no effort for you .. and there are many opensource screencap apps (just google screencapture opensource)... and uploading it to youtube or something.. just watching someone play the game would be enough info for most people.... if you do not do this i can do it .. i upload tons of stuff to youtube all the time ....

For #1 - Yeah I just use the red/green markers. The guy I play with and I use a convention that all player 1's stuff is the red marker, all player 2's is the green.

For #2 - It is a little finicky for sure. (as the whole plugin is) There is an option in the preferences about how cards are played when they're on top of eachother "on top", "on bottom" etc. It seems to work mostly ok. As for the players being able to see the cards you put down as a resource, that's no problem. According to the rules, any player can know the cards attached to any resource. The "add to domain" wouldn't be an option, unfortunately, since the plugin itself has no concept of a domain. It's just another card out there.

For #3 - The card preview in top left, and zoom scroll wheel are the only ones I know of unfortunately. Once you get really familiar with the cards themselves though, you'll find you need it less and less.

The video is not a bad idea. I'll look into doing that the next time I use it.

(Also, I'll be updating the plugin for the new set this week. Sorry for the delay, no excuse other than that I'm a lazy bugger)

Hello.

I've started creating some kind of "tutorial" using CamStudio (Screen Recording freeware).

Here is my first attempt in avi. Download on Rapidshare . (13Mb).

Would you mind to download it and tell me if it works with your media players (Codec may be required, available on CamStudio webpage).

And if yes, what could/should be improved?

FredhoT

yes it works ok, maybe some sound, talking saying what youre doing, as it goes quite quickly you dont know what youre doing or how you got there, good first go though aplauso.gif

Well, sound, good idea indeed, but I still need to figure out how to do it with CamStudio.

As soon as I am able to do it, I'll post a small attempt. The point is that I'm not a native english-speaking person, so my belgian accent could be somewhat funny... gran_risa.gif

ha ha, lol, you will need a profesional acter for voice overs then!! or send a script of what you want sais and i will get my wife just to do it for you ?

Your wife? Mmmh, it sounds interesting... can she speak with a male voice? lengua.gif

I have had a look at the sound options of CamStudio, but I need to find a microphone, now. I have no clue if it will take a lot of extra volume? I'd like to keep the file as small as possible to decrease donwload time.

well ok i could do it for you, but i think a womens voice would be better, just a thought

darknight said:

well ok i could do it for you, but i think a womens voice would be better, just a thought

Ohoh, sure, I misunderstood what you proposed because I just thought to a movie dubbing, i.e. with my face and my lips moving, but with your wife's voice... cool.gif

lol, yea thatl be fun,

KallistiBRC said:

(Also, I'll be updating the plugin for the new set this week. Sorry for the delay, no excuse other than that I'm a lazy bugger)

Hello KalistiBRC.

When do you think you'll be able to upload the new AP (in Memory of the Day) in the LAckeyLCG plugin? I'm interested in testing it and would like to incorporate the Captain in my Miska+Agency deck! cool.gif

In all honesty, i'm actually waiting on the new AP to arrive (it's in transit right now). Then I'll add both the Memory of Day and Dread of Night packs at the same time. I had intended to launch all the packs as soon as possible when they came out, but the Memory of Day pack had all sorts of delays on my end. So then at this point, waiting and doing two together as opposed to one now, and then Dread of Night in a few days doesn't make a lot of sense.

Kalli

Oh, yes, no problem.

I'm on GMT+1 (Paris, Brussels). Would any one of you be available in that time zone or around it, for a few games at 9:00pm GMT+1, this tuesday 08 december? I'd like to see if I can manage a game without too many troubles.

What I'm still not sure yet is how the Chat feature works.

I'm on no chat service (MSN,...).

Hello Kalli.

In Memory of the Day is here in Belgium since last month now and "In the Dread of Night" just arrived these last days.

Where are you living that you have such big difficulties to get them on time? gran_risa.gif

When do you plan to incorporate these two AP's in the plugin? I think there is an "update" function but I'm not sure yet how it works. I'll find my way through...

Whatever, I played an online game yesterday using Lackey andf your plugin. It worked smoothly. I played a polar deck with hastur+shub+neutral (8x alsaskan sledge dogs, 3x Descendant of Eibon, 3x Hypothermia, 3x each polar event). My opponent played a mono-Cthulhu with big things like Bokrug, Cthulhu himself, Gattanothoa, Dagon, Thing from the Shore, Terror of the Tides,...

We had a great time playing it and using your plugin, so many many thanks for that.

FredhoT

One question Kallisti.

If I install the older Cthulhu plugin (from Jauma Salva I Lara), is there any interference between yours and his one? Do I risk to loose your plugin or are their respective names different?

FredhoT

FredhoT said:

One question Kallisti.

If I install the older Cthulhu plugin (from Jaume Salva I Lara), is there any interference between yours and his one? Do I risk to loose your plugin or are their respective names different?

FredhoT

Ok, forget my question, I open the RAR file from Jaume and the plugin directory and files are called "cthulhu", while yours are calle "cthulhu_lcg", so no disturbance.

FredhoT said:

Hello Kalli.

In Memory of the Day is here in Belgium since last month now and "In the Dread of Night" just arrived these last days.

Where are you living that you have such big difficulties to get them on time? gran_risa.gif

When do you plan to incorporate these two AP's in the plugin? I think there is an "update" function but I'm not sure yet how it works. I'll find my way through...

Whatever, I played an online game yesterday using Lackey andf your plugin. It worked smoothly. I played a polar deck with hastur+shub+neutral (8x alsaskan sledge dogs, 3x Descendant of Eibon, 3x Hypothermia, 3x each polar event). My opponent played a mono-Cthulhu with big things like Bokrug, Cthulhu himself, Gattanothoa, Dagon, Thing from the Shore, Terror of the Tides,...

We had a great time playing it and using your plugin, so many many thanks for that.

FredhoT

I was buying them from a retailer online that gave a significant discount to me for some programming work I did for them awhile back. Unfortunately up until two days ago, they were still backordered and holding this shipment. I've cancelled the order and will be buying them from a store down the road. *NOT* worth the money saved for the hassle!

Once I get the packs (hopefully tomorrow) I should have them updated quite soon.

FredhoT said:

FredhoT said:

One question Kallisti.

If I install the older Cthulhu plugin (from Jaume Salva I Lara), is there any interference between yours and his one? Do I risk to loose your plugin or are their respective names different?

FredhoT

Ok, forget my question, I open the RAR file from Jaume and the plugin directory and files are called "cthulhu", while yours are calle "cthulhu_lcg", so no disturbance.

Yes I intentionally renamed it so that the fine work Jaume put into it would not be lost. In fact, all the plugin stuff is really Jaume's work. All I do now is update the card lists.

KallistiBRC said:

FredhoT said:

FredhoT said:

One question Kallisti.

FredhoT

Yes I intentionally renamed it so that the fine work Jaume put into it would not be lost. In fact, all the plugin stuff is really Jaume's work. All I do now is update the card lists.

Nice work.

one question: do you think it is possible to mix both plugins in order to build "mixed CCG/LCG" decks?

you cant mix them both in lackey as you need to load each one (i think im right there) but you could also download nyarlazorbecs deck builder as well, as you can just filter results from that one

darknight said:

you cant mix them both in lackey as you need to load each one (i think im right there) but you could also download nyarlazorbecs deck builder as well, as you can just filter results from that one

Hi Darknight.

Of course I already use Nyarlazorbec's deckbuilder soft and it's a great source of help and inspiration while trying to assemble deck from an idea or theme.

And I also export/import deck from DeckBuilder (DB) to Lackey (L) using the XML export function of DB and just open it with L.

But if I build a mixed CCG/LCG deck with DB, I don't know if L will be able to open it, or at least will not find some of the cards images. My aim here is just to see if it's also possible with L to play online games unsing mixed decks.

Hi guys,

Actually, the XML export of the DeckBuilder is working only for the LCG plugin, because the plugin content is based on the same informations as in the DB.

The CCG plugin was generated with card names that sometimes differ a little from my XML export, so they are not all recognized properly.

Theorically, it should be possible to generate a CCG+LCG plugin using the same method as for the LCG one. This would interface smoothly with the DB export. Yet, it may require some change to the plugin rules for a correct play.

Cheers,

Nyarla

Yeah, as Nyarla says, in theory it'll work, but there are gonna be issues.

The LCG plugin doesn't know anything about the old CCG cards, so I'm pretty sure that trying to load them up for play is not going to work at all. It is possible to get them both working together though. What you're going to need to do is manually edit the .txt file that has the cards in them. You'll need to get the same txt file from the CCG version, and merge the two together. And then the next time you run the update for the LCG, it'll blow your changes away, so you'll need to do in some other plugin directory, etc etc. Yeesh.

On a good note though, I now have all the packs up to the latest AP (Silver Key) and getting ready for the Lackey update. Should be not too long I hope.

Great news KallistiBRC. Keep us informed about the availability of the update.

About the CCG/LCG mixing, I'm not sure how to do it correctly, so I will not dive into this task too deeply...

Hey all,

At long last, the plugin is up to date. The latest update has all APs up to and including Silver Key. Sorry for the seriously long delay in getting this up. Thanks, as always, go to Nyarl for the hard work.

Update via the normal method. Please let me know if you find any issues.