Warhammer 40K Conquest Rumours and News:

By Killax, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

That Fenrisian Wolf opens up some silly possibilities. Since it's not a wargear, it can be attached to things like a landraider or a dreadnought or a valkyrie. The idea of any one of those riding a wolf is downright bizarre.

On Fenris, the dreadnoughts ride the wolves...

That Fenrisian Wolf opens up some silly possibilities. Since it's not a wargear, it can be attached to things like a landraider or a dreadnought or a valkyrie. The idea of any one of those riding a wolf is downright bizarre.

Much like the idea of a Valkyrie with a Dozer Blade. Not to mention, everyone knows that there are no wolves on Fenris.

Edited by Titan

I believe certain Dreadnoughts contain Wolf instead of partial battle brother. When the wolf is released it strikes with the power of Primarchs ;)

Back to serious, I really dig this Warpack. Lots of goodies for everybody.

Hello!!!

Sorry Killax but I do not like this Warpack...

I am an Eldar player and, right now, no card will be used.

Eldar cards, from my point of view, are useless. rigth now. No command, No mobile units, or expensive combo.

Dark Eldar cards are expensive or loyal.

So, my deck will not change.

Also, Orks,AM and Marine cards are pretty good!

That wolf is incredible!

Regards

Mera

Hello!!!

Sorry Killax but I do not like this Warpack...

I am an Eldar player and, right now, no card will be used.

Eldar cards, from my point of view, are useless. rigth now. No command, No mobile units, or expensive combo.

Dark Eldar cards are expensive or loyal.

So, my deck will not change.

Also, Orks,AM and Marine cards are pretty good!

That wolf is incredible!

Regards

Mera

Hey! Well I do hear you but I do feel that there is at least 2 cards Eldar can use or might use in the future. Death from Above could spell a very cheap 3-4 drop being deployed for essentially 1 card and 1 resource. Mobile units can eventually go where ever they want and I do think that little 'combo' is worth something.

As for the Black Guardians, I do agree that no Command sucks a bit but I also feel that because of Superiority this does not always have to be a problem for Eldar units. Currently I think some Black Guardians could be included in Eldar decks.

As for Dark Eldar, I know the Klaivex Warrior is quite expensive but I do feel it holds a very powerfull presence. The removal of cards within a faction that did not have direct removal yet is quite powerfull. Besides that it's 2 Command also make sure it's more than just removal. Also the Dark Eldar did not have a gigantic Command presence to begin with so all in all I think it's a very nice gift!

I think Black Guardians would see play in a mono eldar deck. Eldar two cost units aren't very good and one that can fight would be useful. I don't see it being useful in a mixed deck as better units can be pulled from other factions.

Now, the reference to no wolves on Fenris goes much deeper than that. It was originally spoken by Magnus The Red and its meaning has been left a bit unclear. Many people think it references the possibility that Fenrisian Wolves are former Space Wolves whose geneseed has devolved. This may be partially true, but does not explain the existence of wolves before even the coming of Russ. There are a number of theories, but generally, it is taken to mean that whatever their provenance, Fenrisian wolves are not natural creatures.

I agree with you on the Black Guardians, the only downside of it seems to be the fact that no Command hits heavy in the viability of this card. Altough it still is a good drop for the first planet on the initial turn for Tau. However I doubt many players will make room for it.

As for the fluff on the Fenrisian Wolfs, much is indeed unclear. Thing is this card is a very bad reflection of even the bit of fluff we do know... Because lets be honest... No Dreadnoughts or Valkyrie will morph/shoot/lauch in Fenrisian Wolfs at their opponent...

Death from above, now, is a bad card...and in the close future, with the actuals spoilers....there is NO mobile units. We have to ask about the Vypers.

Dark Guardinas,may be...for dark eldar...2g for 2/4...it is not bad.

Wolf is a big one, but the SM deck is full and....what card they should remove?

Also the cost is "medium/high" and 1 shield.

may be I am wrong but i think that no many of them will be on the decks.

Regards

Mera

Death from above, now, is a bad card...and in the close future, with the actuals spoilers....there is NO mobile units. We have to ask about the Vypers.

Dark Guardinas,may be...for dark eldar...2g for 2/4...it is not bad.

Wolf is a big one, but the SM deck is full and....what card they should remove?

Also the cost is "medium/high" and 1 shield.

may be I am wrong but i think that no many of them will be on the decks.

Regards

Mera

I don't know about DFA, I do think it holds options in the future. Currently Eldar can get more out of it as you mentioned but they'd have to ally with Tau or Dark Eldar.

As for the Wolf, I think a single could be included for an Iron Halo or Promotion.

I feel Warpacks or expansions should not be to much about including a full playset but more subtile inclusions.

I don't know about DFA, I do think it holds options in the future

I agree with this. Unless a card is brutally overpowered, it is too early to be saying it is no good. The card pool is simply too limited for that. It may be of little use right now, but there's a lot more to come in this game.

I also think the DFA could become borderline insane when the next Eldar Warlord would have Mobile signature units (with a likely cost of 2 or 3).

Something I could see happening:

-------'s Hawks

Cost: 3

Command: 1

Mobile. Armorbane.

3/2

Would instantly make DFA a great card and also fit it's art very well. ;)

But I guess I should have saved this one for the Wishes topic :P

When will we see the next Eldar Warlord?

Since 1 month FFG has not let us preview new cards

Regards

Eldar and Dark Eldar will be in war pack 6. War pack 2 just released to retail today. Previews of cards in war pack 3 should start next week.

Eldar and Dark Eldar will be in war pack 6. War pack 2 just released to retail today. Previews of cards in war pack 3 should start next week.

Cant say more as what Tekwych has said, I also have the gut feeling it will thake a while before we see the last Warlord. Perhaps somewhere around early February.

So far FFG does not heavily steam out Conquest news so I hope the knowledge will be here early :D

They said war packs once a month starting in December and the first two were on time.
The Howl of Blackmane - Space Wolfs (Have) December
The Scourge - Chaos January
Gift of the Ethereals - Tau February
Zogwort's Curse - Orks March
The Threat Beyond - Imperial Guard April
Descendants of Isha - Eldar and Dark Eldar May

I would predict that we get the boxed expansion with Necrons and Tirnids in May then Descendants of Isha in June
Edited by Tekwych

They said war packs once a month starting in December and the first two were on time.

I would predict that we get the boxed expansion with Necrons and Tirnids in May then Descendants of Isha in June

Have to agree with that, there can come some small delays but probably nothing like a month, more a week orso.

I think it's also important to remember that all the Warpacks till The Threat Beyond are also ready and finished as I know some stores (not in the Netherlands) allready can get them from wholesale but arn't allowed to sell them yet.

Looking forward to all the Warpacks to be honest, I also believe we'll see a switcheroo between great Warlords and great Warpacks.

What we see:

- Ragnar, fantastic Warlord, mediocre Warpack.

- Ku'gath, mediocre Warlord (compared to Zarathur), fantastic Warpack.

- Aun'Shi, good Warlord (made fantastic with Kau'yon Strike), good Warpack?

- Zogwort, good Warlord, good Warpack?

- Cotez, fantastic Warlord, mediocre Warpack?

- Urien, mediocre Warlord (compared to Kith), + good to fantastic Eldar Warlord (or at least able to curve cheaper with signature units)

Shame there seems to be some kind of issue with FFG and getting the Warpacks over to the UK. My local usually has an item about the same time that FFG announces it on the website, but with the Warpacks he didn't get the first one till like two weeks after the announcement.

Doesn't blow my mind but it's a more accessible version of that Tau guy's ability I guess.

Kind of getting annoyed how many attachments can't go on Warlords atm... I mean I know they need to balance that stuff, but it'd be nice if more factions had like one Relic-like item for the Warlord.

I find it odd how some things seem locked to certain factions right now that shouldn't be. Like I know each faction (and specific Warlord) has themes to it, but some themes should be more universal.

For example, the Orks are the only ones who can really destroy Supports (apart from the Tau's strike card, but that only works on Limited supports). Sure, it's non-loyal so it extends to AM and Chaos, but that shouldn't be a faction-specific thing, it should be a tactical option available to all factions.

So many times I've wished I could do something about some supports, but couldn't, just because I don't want to use Orks in my AM deck. (and Tau obviously can't ally, and so far I haven't been able to use their Designated Strike card effectively either).

The latest issue of Game Trade Magazine lists Coteaz for release in February. FFG's upcoming page still shows Tau and Orks as the next two releases, so I'm assuming GTM is mistaken. Tau is currently slated for release on the 28th of this month.

Have to agree with that, there can come some small delays but probably nothing like a month, more a week orso.

I think it's also important to remember that all the Warpacks till The Threat Beyond are also ready and finished as I know some stores (not in the Netherlands) allready can get them from wholesale but arn't allowed to sell them yet.

Looking forward to all the Warpacks to be honest, I also believe we'll see a switcheroo between great Warlords and great Warpacks.

What we see:

- Ragnar, fantastic Warlord, mediocre Warpack.

- Ku'gath, mediocre Warlord (compared to Zarathur), fantastic Warpack.

- Aun'Shi, good Warlord (made fantastic with Kau'yon Strike), good Warpack?

- Zogwort, good Warlord, good Warpack?

- Cotez, fantastic Warlord, mediocre Warpack?

- Urien, mediocre Warlord (compared to Kith), + good to fantastic Eldar Warlord (or at least able to curve cheaper with signature units)

Urien is more than a mediocre Warlord. All of the best Dark Eldar cards already focus around attrition, board control, and discard mechanics - all of the things Urien wants to do more of. Kith is decent, but I find overly dependent on an aggressive play style that clashes with aforesaid cards, and is very easily blown out by AoE type effects.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

Urien is more than a mediocre Warlord. All of the best Dark Eldar cards already focus around attrition, board control, and discard mechanics - all of the things Urien wants to do more of. Kith is decent, but I find overly dependent on an aggressive play style that clashes with aforesaid cards, and is very easily blown out by AoE type effects.

I suppose you can be right, the thing is Urien does not come with units that come with Command Icons, making it more difficult for him to gain income from the chokes. While his signature Attachment and Event are not as insane as some others (Ku'gath, Ragnar etc).

Personally I think Urien and Kith will be rather close in terms of gameplay. Urien is much better at choking the opponent but does want to win a game quicker than later. Kith brings the bodies to do the same but Urien just tries to wittle most down with 3/3's that can untap again.

I would much rather have some cheap 3/3s that ready themselves than a million vanilla khymeras that die to a single tac squad.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

I would much rather have some cheap 3/3s that ready themselves than a million vanilla khymeras that die to a single tac squad.

Ah so everybody has Tac Squad?

Yes!

Yes!

Ah! Well darned. My Kith deck is fully useless now.

Guess I might aswell burn those Twisted Labs in my deck as they don't do anything against AoE's...

As for Urien, I've made a little sketch:

It's early but here would be my "sketch" on Urien. I feel the deck holds quite some potential, hopefully we'll see more Torture cards along the way to further improve this deck.

I'm also looking very foward to what Sslyth Mercenaries will bring for the Dark Eldar, as it seems to fit a gap that Dark Eldar currently have in terms of 1 drops with Command presence.

Urien Rakarth

Cost 0:

3x Promotion

Cost 1:

1x Urien's Oubliette

2x Rakarth's Experimentations

1x Ichor Gauntlet

3x Murder of Razorwings

3x Suffering

3x Void Pirate

Cost 2:

4x Twisted Wracks

1x Archon's Palace

3x Archon's Terror

3x Chaos Fanatics

3x Incubus Warrior

3x Power from Pain

2x Twisted Labratory

Cost 3:

3x Balefull Mandarake

3x Beasthunter Wyches

3x Syren Zythlex

3x Visions of Agony

Cost 4:

3x Klaivex Warrior

Some ideas behind the deck:

- Super choke, followed up by a Aggro plan. It seems Urien is very much able to do this. Currently I could have included more Soul Seizures to futher improve the use of Twisted Wracks... I might be totally wrong in not including them!

- Cheap Events to keep your opponent on their toes, as is seen with Urien, you want to include Torture cards.

I did however decide to include Archon's Terror because it remains very powerfull. The resources saved on the Torture cards should not make it incredibly difficult to cast it. Again winning Combats is important as Urien is quite able to wreck an opponents hand early on but you don't want to give him the time to recover from the initial choke.

- Spam effectiveness, Syren is included 3x, Chaos Fanatics are included and even the Beasthunter Wyches. All to put down units who are able to win Command Struggles.

- Cards I can see dissapearing: 1. Balefull Mandarake (overall powerfull unit but if Eldar give the same Command potential as Chaos currently does, there will be more Eldar cards in here) 2. Chaos Fantatics (currently a place holder) 3. Beasthunter Wyches (the idea is to get a good Command presence and profit from the fact that Urien can cast free events, while gaining some more power himself in the HQ)

Last but not least, Soul Seizure is not in here... yet... But I am sure it will eventually find it's place in the deck!

soul-seizure.png

While I do like the card and do feel it's very fitting for Urien I personally think the Meta should shift towards some heavier units before you can really benifit on this Event. However the first question you have to ask yourself, do you need this to win the game?

With some proxy playtesting it isn't that hard to get a multitude of Torture cards in your discard pile. 2-3 should be quite possible (more if you would indeed include a full playset of Soul Seizure). However I do think 4 is quite the heavy cost for it. Nontheless it can have some nice implications, it still costs 4. Which in turn means I'd love to have a 3 or 4 drop out of the deal... Meaning in my mind it will be great against the mirror, Eldar, Chaos and Orks but probably less usefull against other factions... Nontheless you could again include it because of synergy with the Twisted Wracks. I guess it depends on how many low drops with Command we will gain and how much pressure you want to put down with the Choke, Urien and his units.