Warhammer 40K Conquest Rumours and News:

By Killax, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I've been looking forward to the "New Stingwing" since I heard about them - I see what you mean but I'd take the extra damage quite happily, esp. because with the right card combos they could be doing 5+ wit Armourbane (not that Sting-Wings couldn't either, but still...)

I feel your scepticism about the event - definitely targeted at shadowsun, and has some potential but depends. Could also have limited use with Aun'shi to keep non-ethereal units hitting for longer, and to post-pone aun'shi himself having to retreat (which keeps Armourbane in play) - but you'd have have the units w/ attachments there.

Having a re-think over the Shrieking Basilisk - It's one more cost over the Leman Russ Tanks I'm fielding atm, one less command icon and attack value, same health, but with natural range and its ability which we're not sure is actually useful yet or not.

Worth a trade off, do you think?

At least for experimental purposes, maybe...

I think it might be worth the trade of if you also happen to run the Catachan Outposts and/or Enginseer Augur in Coteaz.

I feel the Ranged clause can be the best part about this as Ranged ATK 5 always forms an issue.

The biggest downside of this is however that Tau for example can create this with a 1 Costed Attachment (Ion Rifle) and Stingwing Swarm or the newer Marksmen. As opposed to AM having to pay 6 for the Basilisk and 2 for Catachan Outpost while arguably both factions have the same strenght in Command so AM wouldn't have been 'broken' if Basilisk was a resource cheaper...

Anyway, I'd say test both. The Coteaz I have makes due with Valkyrie due to having a very comparable body to Leman Russ but lacking the Command (which more than often isn't a real issue).

May I just state that my main deck is now AM w/SM support, and since I tossed out my lone Leman Russ tank (had been my only "heavy") I have been more than happy with (only 1) Daring Assault Squad plus (only 1) Valkyrie card in my deck. It just seems that I can more easily field a host of my cards and heap bodies onto many planets and simply overwhelm (though overwhelm might not be a good word to use, I guess) my opponent.

My deck is solid when an outcome to the battle may be had if the first 3-4 planets can grant me a win, but fares badly when the battle goes the full 7 planets.

Anyway, I'd say test both. The Coteaz I have makes due with Valkyrie due to having a very comparable body to Leman Russ but lacking the Command (which more than often isn't a real issue).

Edited by Papa Midnight

I also have the same experience with Coteaz, granted our games always stop at the 7th planet ;)

I also have the same experience with Coteaz, granted our games always stop at the 7th planet ;)

LOL!!! Yeah, I meant to type 7.... I'll blame it on auto-correct. :D

Edited by Papa Midnight

With the new annoucement of the upcomming cyle I think we'll all have seen the new spoilers for the initial pack (and more):

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/5/5/decree-of-ruin/

First thing that came to my mind reading the article is "finally they do something with the colours of the planets". For me the lack of this allways was something strange as the game allows for so many dimensions still to be explored (an alternative would also be to pay for units with captured planets for example).

However more than anything Im very happy witht the news that FFG has much for us in store!

The first fan we see is still somehwat obscured but I have to say the following about the cards:

- Nesting Chamber , seems decent but likely less needed for Nids overall, the Support requires you to have two Genestealer units at a single planet and currently that doesn't seem to be a very easy task to do.

- Skrab Nabba , seems to be a great card for Orks. Still many of their units seem somewhat overcosted. Additional resources as such are very welcome for them. Would be funny if Orks cared about Green planets however.

- Neophyte Apprentice contains so many text for a 1 Cost you almost know it's going to be good. I feel like upon it's death it will have a ECT-like effect for SM units at cost 4 to be found. As such it isn't unlikely to be a 1/1, hopefully with Command.

- Saim-Hann Kinsman and Shad - are up for speculation.

- Striking Ravener seems very good. Fair cost but very good.

- Lucky Warpaint seems like a fun card. With Ogryns available to Orks I doubt we'll see this card in use because it doesn't seem to have Ambush or anything like it.

- Holding Cell seems Tau skew, which is cool to see from DE. It's effect also is quite awesome for it's cost. Granted because it's so anti-Tau (currently) I doubt we'll see it much in use.

- - ing Burst Cannon and Ravening Psychopath seem open for ideas again.

Now onto the Commissar!

- Broderick Worr has a very intresting design. The only true limitation he has is his 2/6 body however which isn't made for long fights while his ability is. Not being able to retreat from him is a very powerfull ability but Im unsure if AM is the faction that can get the most out of that. The additional Green Planet bonus is fantastic however. 4/5

- Anxious Infantry Platoon however is a fantastic card! The downsides are there but AM is no slouch when it comes to being effective in the Command phase. The 3/3 body also ensures some real damage will be done plus you can combine it with Staging Ground. For me this is a key selling point to looking more into Worr. 4/5

- Forward Barracks is a good card altough for it to be great it would have needed to cost 1. Though gaining a token or two is never bad. 3/5

- Summary Execution can be fantastic card during the later stages of the game. In special because it suddenly makes you immume to routing and makes the AM units hit harder. Sacrificing a Void Pirate or Rogue Trader is well worth it if you are in the later stages of the game and have many AM units with you. 3/5 going to 4/5 during the latest stages of the game.

- Commissar Bolt Pistol is a very good attachment for it's cost. Initially the ATK bonus allready is a very good. Then you get to shoot at your opponent for something that will always happen?! 4/5

All in all a very good Warlord with great Army units. The biggest or better said only downside of him is his 2/6 body. Get him bloodied and all the guap is gone. While getting him bloodied doesn't seem to be all that difficult. Nontheless fantastic design.

yeah I like that we are getting some cards that actually interact with the planet types.

With the new annoucement of the upcomming cyle I think we'll all have seen the new spoilers for the initial pack (and more):

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/5/5/decree-of-ruin/

First thing that came to my mind reading the article is "finally they do something with the colours of the planets". For me the lack of this allways was something strange as the game allows for so many dimensions still to be explored (an alternative would also be to pay for units with captured planets for example).

However more than anything Im very happy witht the news that FFG has much for us in store!

The first fan we see is still somehwat obscured but I have to say the following about the cards:

- Nesting Chamber , seems decent but likely less needed for Nids overall, the Support requires you to have two Genestealer units at a single planet and currently that doesn't seem to be a very easy task to do.

- Skrab Nabba , seems to be a great card for Orks. Still many of their units seem somewhat overcosted. Additional resources as such are very welcome for them. Would be funny if Orks cared about Green planets however.

- Neophyte Apprentice contains so many text for a 1 Cost you almost know it's going to be good. I feel like upon it's death it will have a ECT-like effect for SM units at cost 4 to be found. As such it isn't unlikely to be a 1/1, hopefully with Command.

- Saim-Hann Kinsman and Shad - are up for speculation.

- Striking Ravener seems very good. Fair cost but very good.

- Lucky Warpaint seems like a fun card. With Ogryns available to Orks I doubt we'll see this card in use because it doesn't seem to have Ambush or anything like it.

- Holding Cell seems Tau skew, which is cool to see from DE. It's effect also is quite awesome for it's cost. Granted because it's so anti-Tau (currently) I doubt we'll see it much in use.

- - ing Burst Cannon and Ravening Psychopath seem open for ideas again.

Now onto the Commissar!

- Broderick Worr has a very intresting design. The only true limitation he has is his 2/6 body however which isn't made for long fights while his ability is. Not being able to retreat from him is a very powerfull ability but Im unsure if AM is the faction that can get the most out of that. The additional Green Planet bonus is fantastic however. 4/5

- Anxious Infantry Platoon however is a fantastic card! The downsides are there but AM is no slouch when it comes to being effective in the Command phase. The 3/3 body also ensures some real damage will be done plus you can combine it with Staging Ground. For me this is a key selling point to looking more into Worr. 4/5

- Forward Barracks is a good card altough for it to be great it would have needed to cost 1. Though gaining a token or two is never bad. 3/5

- Summary Execution can be fantastic card during the later stages of the game. In special because it suddenly makes you immume to routing and makes the AM units hit harder. Sacrificing a Void Pirate or Rogue Trader is well worth it if you are in the later stages of the game and have many AM units with you. 3/5 going to 4/5 during the latest stages of the game.

- Commissar Bolt Pistol is a very good attachment for it's cost. Initially the ATK bonus allready is a very good. Then you get to shoot at your opponent for something that will always happen?! 4/5

All in all a very good Warlord with great Army units. The biggest or better said only downside of him is his 2/6 body. Get him bloodied and all the guap is gone. While getting him bloodied doesn't seem to be all that difficult. Nontheless fantastic design.

Neophyte is obviously only going to be able to get Black Templars units only and nothing else.