Warhammer 40K Conquest Rumours and News:

By Killax, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Since I personally always check the FFG news but love a quick and easy view of what is spoiled/show on other websites aswell I decided to add the Rumours and News topic.

Currently the Core Set and the known Warpacks are not included.

The information about these cards and visual spoiler can be found on:

www.conquestdb.com

Here are the other spoilers:

The Threat Beyond :

089-torquemada-coteaz.jpg 090-coteazs-henchmen.jpg 091-formosan-black-ship.jpg 092-the-glovodan-eagle.jpg 093-the-emperor-protects.jpg

WHK06_card_fan.png

Full Visual Set:

http://www.conquestdb.com/en/card/search?set=the-threat-beyond

Edited by Killax

Descendants of Isha :

urien-rakarth.png twisted-wracks.png ichor-gauntlet.png uriens-oubliette.png rakarths-experimentations.png WHK07-fan.png

j7mqA4t.png wPkMq7s.png

3E5RoEO.jpg

Vior'la Warrior Cadre: Soldier, Shas'la. This unit gains Ranged while you control an Ethereal unit at this planet.

In The Name Of Tau'va: Event. Tactic, Manouver. Action: Exhaust your warlord to ready every unit you control with at least 1 attachment.

Inquisitor Caius Wroth: Psyker, Inquisitor. Reaction: After this unit enters play, each player must choose and discard down to 4 cards, if able.

XOLz3kj.jpg

Squiggify: Event. Power. Combat Action: Target a non-vehicle army unit. Until end of phase, set target unit's ATK value to 1; treat it's text box as if it were blank (except for Traits ); it gains the Squig trait.

Made Fer Fightin': Event. Power. Interrupt: When an army unit you control leaves play from a planet with your warlord, deal damage equal to that unit's printed ATK value to a target non-warlord unit at that planet.

Big Shoota Battlewagon: Vehicle, Elite. No Wargear. Interrupt: When this unit is destroyed, put 4 Snotling tokens in play at this planet.

Edited by Killax

The Great Devourer

savage-warrior-prime.png hunter-gargoyles.png virulent-spore-sacs.png termagant-spikers.png

spore-burst.png

Edited by Killax

The Great Devourer part 2:

termagant.png WHK08_113022_web.png

Beastial Fury
Cost: 1
Shield: 1
Action: A signature unit you control at a planet with your Warlord gains Brutal until the end of combat.

whk08-fan1.png

Edited by Killax

The Great Devourer part 3:

seraphim-superior-allegra.png

whk08-fan2.png

Edited by Killax

Decree of Ruin part 1:

broderick-worr.png anxious-infantry-platoon.png

forward-barracks.png summary-execution.png

commissarial-bolt-pistol.png

Edited by Killax

Decree of Ruin part 2:

whk10-14_cardfan.png

whk09_cardfan.png

Edited by Killax

Place holder 3

Edited by Killax

Place holder 4

Edited by Killax

Place holder 5

Edited by Killax

So far the most intersting Warlord for me for sure is Cotaez, with his ability to hit extremely hard (even harder with his Imperial Eagle) and the synergies that will be there (or at least seem to be set up for him within the Warpacks) I'm really liking the look AM is getting altough I have to admit I am a AM fanboy from the beginning.

Orks need more than Dakka Dakka to fully compete within the tournament scene, but it's a very right step in the direction that works well with Nazdreg and Bad Dokk.

Tau seems to be set up for a wonderfull game with so far great spoiled cards that interract very well with their new Warlord. At first I was less excited but with the comming of Bork'An Recruits, Kauyon Strike and Vior'La Warrior Cadre it seems like Aun'Shi is ready for war!

Chaos in my opinion could use much more powerfull cards in order to reach the top (much like Orks and AM).

Both Space Marines, Eldar and Dark Eldar seem to be getting nice goodies aswell.

There is only six packs in a cycle.

Love the new themes for each faction, specially the Inquisitorial one for the AM ^_^

023-kugath-plaguefather.jpg 024-kugaths-nurglings.jpg

Mmm... I already kanow that the nurgling damages themselves, but how they work with the warlord.

Do they damage the warlord and can he move the token after using both reactions in the most favourable order to the player?

Just need to see how the new Eldar warlord looks!!

Ah my bad, I was under the impression every faction would get another Warlord. In that case I am wrong. Have to admit I only went on assumptions on that one.

Love the new themes for each faction, specially the Inquisitorial one for the AM ^_^

Mmm... I already kanow that the nurgling damages themselves, but how they work with the warlord.

Do they damage the warlord and can he move the token after using both reactions in the most favourable order to the player?

Just need to see how the new Eldar warlord looks!!

Same here, the AM really needed their special Warlord imho. Straken is cool but has really not much to do with AM so far. But hey the rest of the AM army units are quite cool under Cotaez.

Well as far as I can see/know Ku'Gath has some synergy with his Nurglings. But I don't fully understand what you mean by using the reactions in the most favourable order.

Im also looking really forward to the new Eldar Warlord. Maby we'll see a dual pack with Eldar vs Tyranids or Necrons?

Edited by Killax

Ah my bad, I was under the impression every faction would get another Warlord. In that case I am wrong. Have to admit I only went on assumptions on that one.

Every faction will have a new warlord in this cycle.

Eldars and Dark Eldar will both get a Warlord in the 6th warpack.

Every faction will have a new warlord in this cycle.

Eldars and Dark Eldar will both get a Warlord in the 6th warpack.

Great to hear, looking very forward to it then :D

Really nice to have all the spoilers in one place, thanks for doing this!

I love Coteaz! Thanks for collecting all of this into one post. Aun'shi is going to be a great boon for the Tau. Armorbane is just crazy to play against for some decks.

Your welcome, for sure Aun'Shi is getting the support needed in order to make him good. Because to be fairly honest, Aun'Shi and his signature cards arn't all that special with the Core set Tau support. However with the newer cards he'll be a rockstar for sure.

Can't wait for Cotaez aswell, so powerfull but in a strange AM way ;)

And Morkai Rune Priest is added to the list.

028.jpg

I currently feel this card is somewhat lacking synergy, however it being a Space Wolf it could end up as a 1 or 2 slot for Ragnar's deck. Personally still prefer Daring Assault Squad over it but it's nice to see more Space Wolves. In order to up his rating we should see more Space Wolves since it's Forced and you'll likely have some Ultra Marines and Neutral Army cards aswell.

My personal rating is currently 2/5

Also another fan of cards that seems to be unsorted:

WHK0X-cardfan-02.png

Throne of Vainglory seems very expensive for it's effect, not yet a fan but I guess if it was 2 it could be considerd to be to powerfull (depending on the number of usefull Daemons we'll get). Currently however a deck that consist heavily out of 3+ drops is not a deck that can be considerd to be tournament worthy in my opinion...

Dome of Crystal Seers seems very good to me, Tau being an optinal ally allready with search effects I wouldn't mind to pay 1 resource to always hit that card I'd really want. If it will be included in decks depends on more 1-2 drops that search and draw a card in my opinion.

Throne of Vainglory seems quite useful if you make sure you play with a High Cost deck, like a Calamity one. I agree it's quite costly, and depending on what you discard, you could even regret the move.

You could combine it with an "almost-Tzeentch" deck so you can retrieve what you just lost, or something like that. Still, two Cultists seem a little "low" exchange for loosing, let's say, a Vicious Bloodletter. I think this is one of those cards that will become really good once we start getting some "Graveyard Searching" cards.

The Dome of Crystal can be a two-edged sword, depends on the "verb" that is missing from the text. If it's "Reveal", then it's awesome. If it's "Get", you can be in a big trouble =P