Warhammer 40K Conquest Rumours and News:

By Killax, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I would be in favour of a 30k cardgame not unlike Conquest but with the option to choose wether or not you go loyal or chaos.

The downside is that visually its almost all marines...

What's wrong with marines, son? Oohraa! USMC! USMC!- whoops, wrong kind of marines! :D

Yeah thats a bit of a problem (especially with some legions having similar colour schemes) But one that can be overcome with throwing in admech, imperial army, deamons, custodes, and the odd Eldar/xeno's here and there.

Yeah thats a bit of a problem (especially with some legions having similar colour schemes) But one that can be overcome with throwing in admech, imperial army, deamons, custodes, and the odd Eldar/xeno's here and there.

Well in all honesty I dont think it's a huge problem but I do feel that despite the many Marine players FFG and GW don't focus to heavily on this story because they are mainly a background story for the loyalist marines and the chaos marines.

- I love it but I can also see why some might not be that intrested in it if they are simply said not that intrested in marines.

Nontheless I still am all in favour of a good designed Heresy game mimicing something like Conquest. However due to the lore of then and the 'correct design' for marines one might end up with just to many 2/3, 4/2, 2/4, or 3/3 bodies who now mainly represent a logical body for a Space Marine in Conquest.... Granted this discussion doesn't really have to much to do with the Heresy which could easily allow for a fast difference in Space Marine bodies...

I'm very glad Slannesh's Temptation is loyal otherwise DE choke would get out of hand.

I'm very glad Slannesh's Temptation is loyal otherwise DE choke would get out of hand.

Very true.

I am kind of sad that Kugath did not recieve much this cycle.

space-wolves-predator.png primal-howl.png hallow-librarium.png

Some SM spoilers from the Descendants of Isha courtesy of our friends at Team Covenant!

The tank won't be playable except maybe with the Blood Claw Pack. Cato might be able to deploy it, but still not sure.

Primal Howl is an awesome card. Worst case = 2 shields

That support looks good on paper, but in practice, not sure.

Not terribly enthused by the support - probably excites AM more than SM I'd think.

Undecided on the event. Any free event is always worth considerings and with 2 shields, SM finally have their Raid!

As a Cato player though I'm usually using him to clean up smaller planets and only really go into a big battle when I have the cards in hand to be able to slug it out. The extra three cards would obviously help, but planning for the big battles is a better way to go.

Also, the SM event pool is pretty deep, and as someone who runs 3x Indomitable and 3x Drop Pod Assault plus 2x Crushing Blow, it would be the latter that would have to make room for this event - and CB has bloodied warlords on multiple occasions for me...

Unit is amazing - but the cost is prohibitive. Essentially it's a Command win (although DE and E can spoil that party pretty easily). Also great when a tri-con planet is at Planet 1 and you can just bully your way through. But coming back to the cost - nothing worse than spending 7 resources on a unit only to have it routed for 2! (DE and AM, the latter of which can rout during the deployment phase!). And of course, once routed, its ability becomes utterly useless.

But hey - 2 more Space Wolves cards for Blackmane...

I'll be happy to try that tank out and that event once they come out more Space wolf stuff is nice. The support is different I'll give it that. I'll try it out as well. As far as what to try it in I don't know yet.

Edited by Silverhelm

I'll also will try out that tank: cost may be high, but with 3 command icons and it's ability it's almost guaranteed to win you a command struggle.

Primal howl is good but needs the flavor tekst "Come at me bro!" ;)

@robin

Lol yeah

Hallow Librarium I can see that used in a Shadowsun, probably a Ragnar deck I'd probably start with two ambush platforms and 2 Hallow Librariums. I really hate that reaction on the tank must be because of the Blood Claw. But like Robin said good command bully.

Edit: actually I do like that ability I read the card wrong first time.

Edited by Silverhelm

Hi, i think there is a card not previewed yet.

From the spanish site of the game.

Signature card for "Old one eye" i guess.

WHK08_113022_web.png

"Brutal Strength"

Action: your warlord or a synaptic unit you control gains Brutal until the end of the combat round.

The AM unit is known, but I don't remember seeing the one on the left. Cool!

Brutal is a useful ability, but being able to spring 'Brutal' on someone is fantastic I think.

Whenever I face brutal, I know I automatically go into a Damage Order or Damage Limitation mode, so as to minimise what affect that ability will have against me. If you spring it on someone though who wasn't planning for it, then it could be a sweet move.

BRUTALITY!

Thanks for sharing guys!

Yeah the Event of Old One Eye is likely to give a signature unit Brutal for a turn, if he is at the same planet as his Warlord.

Now the hunt for the new AM card begins!

Edited by Killax

The first page also has been updated!

Cheers,

Updated again!

Thanks to the First Planet Podguys!

j7mqA4t.png

Oh wow range! 6 cost yikes if there was a way to bring that baby out. You'll need some serious command struggle wins and a good amount of them.

Edited by Silverhelm

yeah i'd really would have liked it a lot cheaper at the cost of losing all its command icons.

Yeah, pretty disappointed at the Shrieking Basilisk. Was so excited when I saw a massive piece of artillery worth 6 resources! Then I read on...

Deathskull Lootaz destroys the attachment and costs 2 less. Plus some supports that you want to see out of action will either be already exhausted at this point so ability will often not get used (I'm mainly thinking of Archon's Palace which regularly rains on my parade).

Then it's just a ranged unit swinging for 3 (Baleful Mandrake does that for 3 resources!). Would have been nice to see an ability more on point with the ranged theme - bit like Fenrisian Wolf - some kind of "super range" ability cause these things can hit you from so far away it aint funny.

Command icons are nice, but I feel like AM already have command covered.

Maybe a future AM Vehicle reducer support will make it more viable... Or some kind of event that plays of the Artillery keyword we see here

Edited by Jedlington

Yeah - a step in the right direction, but not sure if they've struck home with this one. I mean it'll combo nicely with Catachan outposts and stuffs but it doesn't blow me away. Should at least be on par with Deathskull Looter's ability for that cost.

But let's hope something is done with the Artillery keyword that makes for an even better combo, which will give this card more worth.

So far I doubt anything will really do something with it's keywords.

However I still have some hopes. I do think we will eventually see an AM Event that cares about Vechicles. In the miniature game and again the lore it sort of is their strongpoint in the universe, despite that AM does not have more Vechicles who are more intresting as those of SM, Eldar etc.

The Polish always have their cards early and this time the latest Warpack was also no exception:

3E5RoEO.jpg

Vior'la Warrior Cadre: Soldier, Shas'la. This unit gains Ranged while you control an Ethereal unit at this planet.

In The Name Of Tau'va: Event. Tactic, Manouver. Action: Exhaust your warlord to ready every unit you control with at least 1 attachment.

Inquisitor Caius Wroth: Psyker, Inquisitor. Reaction: After this unit enters play, each player must choose and discard down to 4 cards, if able.

XOLz3kj.jpg

Squiggify: Event. Power. Combat Action: Target a non-vehicle army unit. Until end of phase, set target unit's ATK value to 1; treat it's text box as if it were blank (except for Traits ); it gains the Squig trait.

Made Fer Fightin': Event. Power. Interrupt: When an army unit you control leaves play from a planet with your warlord, deal damage equal to that unit's printed ATK value to a target non-warlord unit at that planet.

Big Shoota Battlewagon: Vehicle, Elite. No Wargear. Interrupt: When this unit is destroyed, put 4 Snotling tokens in play at this planet.

Have to say, Im not overly impressed by the Ork cards nor the Tau cards.

- Obviously the "new Stingwing" is mend for Aun'Shi altough Prelates allready fill the Cost 4 role.

- In The Name works for Shadowsun during the latest stages of the game, can't say Im a huge fan despite it holding quite some potential with Ranged units offcourse. *Will test this out.

- Wroth is also a card that seems interesting to have during the later stages of the game (when running behind). *Will test this out.

- Squiggify feels medicore, which is a shame, I will try them but I dont feel they are the little boost Orks needed.

- Made Fer suffers from the same issue as Squiggify, it feels very much underwhelming. In special when we thake printed ATK into consideration for Orks, which more often than not is not really impressive.

- Battlewagon seems cool, altough costed very heavily... *Will test this out with our sub-Commander though.

Descendants of Isha's status is Shipping Now, so we will probably see it in a week (hopefully). Can't wait to build a Baharroth deck!