STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

By KCDodger, in X-Wing

Hang on. No more episodes until next year? So E9 is where it's left at the moment?

So I'm jumping in with both feet here after reading most of the post. (You guys need to slow down so I can catch up)lol

I like the show, but I will agree they have a long way to go to be as good as The animated clone wars series.

My biggest issue is the inept stormtroopers. Princess Leia nailed it on the head in ANH when she said they let them off of DS-1 to track them to the rebel base.

Speaking of Leia I doubt she is Fulcrum. She is too young.

Also her dad, Bail Organa seems to wants more information on these Rebels at the end of "Droids in Distress", which makes me think he is not aware of this cell. (There were many Rebels, and it seems to me he is gathering Intel on them to help form an alliance.) And because Hera knows and trusts Fulcrum this makes me think it is not him.

But the troopers weren't responsible for the decision to let them flee. That would of been a higher up. Probably Vader. Stormtroopers are morons. That much is always canon :lol: I thought the show was only like two years earlier than a ANH, since it's five I retracted the thought. If Fulcrum was Ashoka or Rex I'd be down. Rex was cool!

But the troopers weren't responsible for the decision to let them flee. That would of been a higher up. Probably Vader.

exactly the higher ups, ether Vader or Tarkin told the troopers to not hit them, and allow the rebels to escape.

Edited by Duke of Advil

I have mixed feelings. I'm not fond of the giraffe Star Destroyers, the squat TIE Fighters and especially that 20 Storm Troopers with blasters can't hit anything. Seriously??? There bad aim and then there's lame. I enjoy the show because it's Star Wars and extends the universe a little. Some is lame, some is okay.

I do think that they may have really missed a good opportunity for a multiple season arc. I was hope for something along the lines of the Jedi being generally disliked and distrusted after the movie episode 3. Maybe because of the war the Jedi waged and the Empire being generally considered to be the good guys because they brought peace to the galaxy and ended the war by killing all of the Jedi. We (as viewers) know the reverse is true but..... At the time of the movies before Star Wars (you young folks call it A New Hope) the Senate still existed. It would have been cool seeing the Empire slowly tighten it's grip and the galaxy turning [back] to rebellion.

Seeing the Jedi going from generally being disliked and untrusted to the Empire being hated over several seasons would have been great and a perfect build up to the movie episode IV Star Wars: A New Hope

But the troopers weren't responsible for the decision to let them flee. That would of been a higher up. Probably Vader.

exactly the higher ups, ether Vader or Tarkin told the troopers to not hit them, and allow the rebels to escape.

Seriously guys, everyone knows it was an inside job all along between Anakin, his son Luke and his daughter Leia.

I have mixed feelings. I'm not fond of the giraffe Star Destroyers, the squat TIE Fighters and especially that 20 Storm Troopers with blasters can't hit anything. Seriously??? There bad aim and then there's lame. I enjoy the show because it's Star Wars and extends the universe a little. Some is lame, some is okay.

I do think that they may have really missed a good opportunity for a multiple season arc. I was hope for something along the lines of the Jedi being generally disliked and distrusted after the movie episode 3. Maybe because of the war the Jedi waged and the Empire being generally considered to be the good guys because they brought peace to the galaxy and ended the war by killing all of the Jedi. We (as viewers) know the reverse is true but..... At the time of the movies before Star Wars (you young folks call it A New Hope) the Senate still existed. It would have been cool seeing the Empire slowly tighten it's grip and the galaxy turning [back] to rebellion.

Seeing the Jedi going from generally being disliked and untrusted to the Empire being hated over several seasons would have been great and a perfect build up to the movie episode IV Star Wars: A New Hope

Do the Jedi hate the Empire? No, I'd say they recognize it as evil and oppose it without hating it. I know a bunch of people who've worked for Disney and I know about a bunch of things Disney has done that they do everything they can to cover up. I obviously don't have a knee-jerk hate reaction to Disney, though, or I wouldn't be watching it at all and I certainly wouldn't still own all the Gargoyles stuff that I own.

Just curious, but do you think Disney will ruin Star Wars? Do you think they just might get some stuff wrong and others right? Or is it more that they will ruin the franchise?

Also, it seems like Star Wars Rebels came out not that long after it was announced that Disney came over. Was this project started before Disney? I would think so, but I haven't really looked at the timelines.

OK...I just looked at the timelines and Disney made the announcement in Oct 2012 while Rebels first season was done a year later in Oct 2013. I don't know enough about production times and all that to know how much was done on Rebels before Disney bought it.

But, you're saying that you don't see Ezra as a cheap Aladdin knock-off? "How can you be so obtuse? Is it deliberate?"

Do a freakin' Google image search! Take a look at the characters side by side. Yeah, one could ignore those basic similarities but watching an orphan thief running around a friggin' MARKET stealing stuff and not start hearing One Jump Ahead takes a special level of drinking what Disney's selling.

I didn't say Sabine was Jasmine, I didn't draw a parallel between Kanan and any other Disney character, but Ezra just IS Aladdin, Dude.

OK....I didn't even THINK about the whole "thief in a market place" concept. It just didn't even pop into my head. I thought it was all just on the fact that it's Disney and the only other character that vaguely matches him visually is Aladdin. So, that does make me want to stop thinking people are just reaching for something. It just seemed to me that those that hate Disney wanted to see everything through Disney colored lenses. Still, I do think that the "orphan stealing food" bit is a staple of fiction these days. As stated, it didn't even enter my mind.

As for them looking the same, I have to disagree. I googled it and there is one picture that they both have the same smug look, but other than that, I don't see it.

tumblr_ner39kTaGX1qc3npvo1_500.jpg

I don't see Ezra with that type of a look very often and he's a lot more despressed than the rather optitmistic Aladdin. They are both similar, but I don't think they look exactly alike. I've just looked at a bunch of pictures.

Ezra-Rebels-short_featured.jpg

Also, I don't think they act very similar at all.

Has Disney ruined Marvel?

Has Lucas ruined Star Wars (see prequels)?

Hang on. No more episodes until next year? So E9 is where it's left at the moment?

Yeah, "mid season finale".

Do the Jedi hate the Empire? No, I'd say they recognize it as evil and oppose it without hating it. I know a bunch of people who've worked for Disney and I know about a bunch of things Disney has done that they do everything they can to cover up. I obviously don't have a knee-jerk hate reaction to Disney, though, or I wouldn't be watching it at all and I certainly wouldn't still own all the Gargoyles stuff that I own.

Just curious, but do you think Disney will ruin Star Wars? Do you think they just might get some stuff wrong and others right? Or is it more that they will ruin the franchise?

Also, it seems like Star Wars Rebels came out not that long after it was announced that Disney came over. Was this project started before Disney? I would think so, but I haven't really looked at the timelines.

OK...I just looked at the timelines and Disney made the announcement in Oct 2012 while Rebels first season was done a year later in Oct 2013. I don't know enough about production times and all that to know how much was done on Rebels before Disney bought it.

But, you're saying that you don't see Ezra as a cheap Aladdin knock-off? "How can you be so obtuse? Is it deliberate?"

Do a freakin' Google image search! Take a look at the characters side by side. Yeah, one could ignore those basic similarities but watching an orphan thief running around a friggin' MARKET stealing stuff and not start hearing One Jump Ahead takes a special level of drinking what Disney's selling.

I didn't say Sabine was Jasmine, I didn't draw a parallel between Kanan and any other Disney character, but Ezra just IS Aladdin, Dude.

OK....I didn't even THINK about the whole "thief in a market place" concept. It just didn't even pop into my head. I thought it was all just on the fact that it's Disney and the only other character that vaguely matches him visually is Aladdin. So, that does make me want to stop thinking people are just reaching for something. It just seemed to me that those that hate Disney wanted to see everything through Disney colored lenses. Still, I do think that the "orphan stealing food" bit is a staple of fiction these days. As stated, it didn't even enter my mind.

As for them looking the same, I have to disagree. I googled it and there is one picture that they both have the same smug look, but other than that, I don't see it.

I don't see Ezra with that type of a look very often and he's a lot more despressed than the rather optitmistic Aladdin. They are both similar, but I don't think they look exactly alike. I've just looked at a bunch of pictures.

Oh hey, would you look at that! Logic!

#basedheychadwick

Dash Rendar is basically Han Solo

No way. If you look closer at how he acts and what he goes through in "Shadows of the Empire" youll notice DASH RENDAR IS JACK BURTON. They both even have mullets.

*This scene takes place after entering Xizors place and to the wedding reception hall, also after Yoda made it so the Giant Dianoga will come out no more, Dash not ammused.

Dash: Who are these guys Yo?

Yoda: Xizors scum of the underworld are they. Dark Side Spirits surrounded are we by as well.

Luke: We got to save Leia before Xizor marries her.

Yoda: Not yet, invicble he is till he leves his protective bubble to kiss your Princess.

Luke: Then it will be to late ( thinks to himself / then she will be legally married to him... :angry: )

Xizor: HAHAHA Princess Leia you ready for a KISSEE!!!? :wub:

Dead Pool: (notices Luke, Dash, Yoda, and a few Rogues by the enterance) Hey Dudes you got your invitations? Dont forget the secreat password is SPA-TU-LA¡¡¡

LUKE: (quickly raises the lightsabre and ignites the blade right through Dead Pools head)

Dead Pool: YOUR STAINING THE SUIT ***HOLE!? (Dead Pool falls over loudly interupting the Wedding)

Xizor: INTRUDERS!!! (He says this as he points at Dash)

Dash: LOOK OUT GUYS!!!

Dark Sun troops: AHHHHHHHH!!!! (They draw there blasters and vibro weapons)

Luke / Yoda / Rogues: AHHHHHHH! (Yoda ignites his sabre as the Rogues ready there guns)

Dash: HA HAAA! (Dash rasies his special gun into the air and shoots but because he left the gun on seeker missile mode he knocks himself out with big chunks of falling stone from the ceiling) BOOM!! *DONK*.... THUD!

In this scene Dash has chased Xizor to his throne room

Dash: You know what old Dash says at a time like this?

Black Sun Guard: Who?

Dash: DASH RENDAR, ME!

(Luke Skywalker does a multi flip jump into the room landing next to Dash and giving him a wink, then ignites his green lightsabre)

Dash: Dash always says "What the hell...!"

In this scene Dash has just finished killing who he thinks is Prince Xizor by catching a vibro Knife that was thrown at him a throwing it right back.

Dash: Its all in the reflexes... (Grabs Leia by the hips and kisses her getting lipstick all over his face.)

Leia:... Wait wheres Luke?

(Luke comes flying into the room after being chased back and forth in the room over by the Black Sun Guard destroying that whole room.)

Luke: Dash why is Leias lipstick all over your face...?

Dash: (Dash looks at Liea who is bright eyed and giggling back at Dash as she hangs on to his arm and shoulder, then looks right back at Luke.) Reflexes :D

Luke: :angry:

Black Sun Guard: Hyyy! (As he surprises Luke and Dash he notices that Xisor is on the floor dead with a Knife sticking out of his forehead)

Dash: ( points his gun at the guard) Dont make me kill you tough guy.

Black Sun Guard: AHHHHHHHH! (he starts expanding and has a kinife held in front of his guts)

Luke: I SENSE A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE!!!

Dash: RUN!

Black Sun Guard: AHHHHH!!!! EXPLOSION. Xisor Castle is destroyed.

Hours later as Imperials are investigating the crime scene.

Dead Pool: (Violently emerges from the ruble his suit destroyed) HAAAAAAAAAaaa aack you! (He feels himself and as his hands get to his head more whining sounds come from his mouth.)

Dead Pool: No NO NO NOOOO! ( His hand are at the hole that still exists going into his head. He then yanks the mask off)

Dead Pool: This was a ****ING RENTAL!!! YOU MOTHER******* RUINED A ******* RARE RED SILK WEDDING MURDER SUIT!!! :angry: (He says this while tightly holding his destroyed mask in both hands.)

Dead Pool: IM GOING TO GET YOU SKYWALKER IF ITS THE LAST HING I EVER DO!!! He runied any chance of you getting your saft deposity back Dead Pool anit that number 2, number 2? DEAD POOL HE KILLED NUMBER 2 :(

Dead Pool: This is the last ******* cross over I do fr you Disney! Star Wars X Marvel can kiss my as (Hes Interupted while talking and drawing his swords)

Imperial: ATTENTION PEOPLE OF SEP DISTRICT, CLEAR THE AREA XIZORS SKYHOOK IS FALLING BACK ON TOO YOUR AREA, FLEE AT ONCE!!!

Dead Pool: **** this ****(he touches the button on his teleporter but nothing happens) Ahhhum.

Dead Pool: (he tries to free himself by wiggling and stabbing his swords into the reckage but nothing helps) AHHHUMMM!

Dead Pool: (wiggles more so he can still have foot room) COME ON IF WE GET ENOUGH FOOT ROOM WE CAN GET OUT! Oh noo your not do what I think your doing?

Dead Pool: I GOT IT! (He has room to now tap his "Ruby Slipers together as he closes his eyes, avoiding the sight of the giant metal fireball falling down towards him") I WISH I MAY I WISH I MIGHT TELEPORT TO JENNIFER LOVE HEWITTS OR KOURTNEY KARDASHIANS HOUSE TONIGHT!!! You freaking IDIOT you rented "ruby slippers" NOT THEE "RUBY SLIPERS!" HEY NUMBER 2 IS BACK!

Dead Pool: (Opens his eyes to see the skyhook crash on top of him) NOOO! *CRRUUNCH* KABOM!!!

Edited by Black Knight Leader

#basedheychadwick

I don't understand your post.

I like your idea of the Empire being seen as good and the Rebels as bad, but I think it would have needed to be closer to episode III.

Turning things on their head can be great fun.

I ran an old school (red box) Dungeons and Dragons campaign where the players, instead of being adventurers raiding old forts and castles of the evil 'black eagle barony' were actually foot soliders of the baron tasked with tracking down 'murderers, smugglers and thieves' who had been raiding his lands (ie parties of 'hero' adventuers).

I ran the whole 'barony' like some f**ked up north korea where everyone idolised the baron or 'dissapeared' but let them get gradually suspicious in a 'i think we're actually the bad guys' kind of way.

Like this

Do I think Disney will ruin Star Wars? Truthfully, I must say probably not. There's pretty much no place to go but up right now. After what Lucas has done to what he had, they probably can't ruin it more. Can they ruin it after the improve it? Probably. Tell me what you think after you've seen the direct-to-video release of Little Mermaid 8: Sleeping With Anemone.

But if you can post those two pictures right next to each other and not see a similarity, I'm just gonna give up conversing with you at this point. I guess all I can say is that I didn't find Disney analogues for every character in Rebels, but DUDE; Ezra is Aladdin. I don't know what Disney-Rose-Colored Glasses you're wearing. I even saw the Disney Infinity figure for Aladdin at Target recently. It's basically a CGI version of the character, and it looks just like Ezra.

#basedheychadwick

I was on your side.

#basedheychadwick

I was on your side.

But that wasn't "logic". That was a couple of pictures, that, from my point of view, proved my point. Apparently, logic does not enter into this; perceptions, on the other hand, do.

DIsney is too focused on making a profit to screw themselves over by ruining Star Wars
They like money and generally speaking the better the product is the more people that will buy it.

Star Wars Rebels is actually really good, its not at Clone Wars Level yet but it took two seasons for Clone Wars to get any footing and Rebels is definitely off to a better start then Clone Wars was

To anyone who brings up the disney sequels that suck the argument I give is that Disney has never theatrically released a BAD movie
Mediocre? Oh yes
But never bad.
The direct to DvD sequels were made when a complete moron was in charge of disney's animation department and didn't want to put out anything new
He has been gone for a while now though and we don't see any of those sh*tty sequels coming out.

Now onto Rebels
I LOVE Rebels thus far
Hera is my favorite character and she is definitely someone I want to fly as in X-Wing
I also really like Kanaan but I'm hoping we see more of his book personality. I find the difference between his book and tv self interesting and I am intrigued to see what changed.
I also want more books following Kanaan and Hera before the rest of the group came in. I really like their chemistry

The one thing I REALLY want from Rebels is for the few seasons to focus on the start up and toward the end of the series we see the early days of the real war

You guys lost me LOL :blink: Just finished the Clone Wars series and day....um. If they can pull in Rebels what the last few seasons of that show did? I'm excited. Are YOU excited? Get excited.

DIsney is too focused on making a profit to screw themselves over by ruining Star Wars

They like money and generally speaking the better the product is the more people that will buy it.

Star Wars Rebels is actually really good, its not at Clone Wars Level yet but it took two seasons for Clone Wars to get any footing and Rebels is definitely off to a better start then Clone Wars was

To anyone who brings up the disney sequels that suck the argument I give is that Disney has never theatrically released a BAD movie

Mediocre? Oh yes

But never bad.

The direct to DvD sequels were made when a complete moron was in charge of disney's animation department and didn't want to put out anything new

He has been gone for a while now though and we don't see any of those sh*tty sequels coming out.

Now onto Rebels

I LOVE Rebels thus far

Hera is my favorite character and she is definitely someone I want to fly as in X-Wing

I also really like Kanaan but I'm hoping we see more of his book personality. I find the difference between his book and tv self interesting and I am intrigued to see what changed.

I also want more books following Kanaan and Hera before the rest of the group came in. I really like their chemistry

The one thing I REALLY want from Rebels is for the few seasons to focus on the start up and toward the end of the series we see the early days of the real war

Remember, Disney has a lot of different studios under it's control.

Mediocre? Oh yes

But never bad.

Now onto Rebels

I LOVE Rebels thus far

I should probably let you know ahead of time, in the efforts of full disclosure, that I gave up on Clone Wars after the first two seasons. The first episode, with Yoda and the Clones, was so **** good, I hung around for two seasons waiting for it to get back to that level of good.

Then they announced that they were bringing Maul back, after they'd given him a brother who co-opted Wolverine's backstory, and ruined the Sith Tattoo thing, and that's when I was out.

Also, you're judging Disney by the Post-Little Mermaid Era. Prior to that, Disney DID theatrically BAD stuff.

I'm intrigued by your theory that they are too concerned with making money to ruin Star Wars when it's exactly that reason that I think they will, eventually, re-ruin it.

The Mauldolorian armor was awesome, though.

I didn't like the Maul having a bad case of didn't-stay-dead either but I was told to stick with it till the last two seasons by a friend and was well rewarded. And I too usually give up on a series if I don't like the first bit.

I didn't like the Maul having a bad case of didn't-stay-dead either but I was told to stick with it till the last two seasons by a friend and was well rewarded. And I too usually give up on a series if I don't like the first bit.

The series wasn't on good footing with me to begin with. I was pleasantly surprised by the Yoda episode and I liked the intro quotes, but I disliked Ahsoka from the begging. If you need to shoehorn a girl into Star Wars to get girls to like Star Wars, maybe you should just stick to the demographic the story draws in.

She was little more than shoving Hannah Montana into Star Wars. Sure, she was raised in a temple from infancy, but she has all the attitude of a present day pre-teen because. . . well, because. And we have to bare her midriff. There can't be a girl whose navel we don't get to see. Oh, and she holds her lightsaber all backwards and cool. Isn't that cool?

Groan.

The Mando stuff and the Maul stuff just seemed like fanboy pandering. I was out.

The funny part is, the mando stuff was the exact opposite of pandering.

Like her or not, Ahsoka's final arc was amazing.

I can see how you view Maul's stuff as pandering. But it was fun stuff. Maul and Savage vs Palpatine was great. Such a pity they didn't get to animate the Sons of Dathomir arc. A lot of Sith vs Sith (with some Greivious thrown in).

But everyone's tastes are different. Though I do wonder how much the Mortis arc may have influenced Lucas's treatments for the new trilogy.

Which reminds me, I want to see Inquisitor Offee...

Edited by Sithborg