STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread!

By KCDodger, in X-Wing

So does anyone else think that Fulcrum = Ahsoka?

We know who Fulcrum is. We met him when they returned Threepio and Artoo. It's Bail Organa.

Yes, a blue trimmed CR-90

Actually, his was red trimmed.

CR-90_zps94315cb4.png

We know who Fulcrum is. We met him when they returned Threepio and Artoo. It's Bail Organa.

CR-90_zps94315cb4.png

So it is... when did I see a blue trimmed CR-90? I mean, I am sure that I did.

My bet is that Fulcrum is a woman. Best way for a woman to hide her identity would be to modulate your voice transmissions to sound like a man. Now I see two possible females that could be Fulcrum. Either Ahsoka Tano or Mon Mothma would fit in this role.

Are we completely discounting Leia? I thought the show was only set a few years earlier than ANH. By which time Leia seems fully nestled into her rebel organizer role. She had to start somewhere right?

Edited by ForceSensitive

5 years. Interestingly, Luke and Leia are the same age as Ezra.

So it is... when did I see a blue trimmed CR-90? I mean, I am sure that I did.

The blue one was Fulcrum's. The red one is Organa's.

Edited by TopHatGorilla

I'm surprised no one has mentioned (at least, I haven't seen them do so) that the Inquisitor takes off his helmet mid flight while piloting his TIE Prototype. It at least apparently has a life support system.

**** yeah 5 would do it. Anybody know how old Kannan is and how old he would have been at the time of Order 66?

Are we completely discounting Leia? I thought the show was only set a few years earlier than ANH. By which time Leia seems fully nestled into her rebel organizer role. She had to start somewhere right?

In 5BBY, Leia was only 13 years old, a bit young for this sort of thing. She was only 18 at the time of ANH.

**** yeah 5 would do it. Anybody know how old Kannan is and how old he would have been at the time of Order 66?

According to Wookieepedia, Kanan was 14 at the time of Order 66 and 33 at the time of The Battle Of Yavin.

Fulcrum could be more than one person.

5 years. Interestingly, Luke and Leia are the same age as Ezra.

And depending on the timing of the end of Revenge of the Sith, born around the same day.

I've been working with children (sitting, teaching, training, etc.) since 1980 so I've watched a LOT of crummy kid's shows. As they go, this isn't all that childish when it comes to dialogue and story. This one does better than most. Yeah, there are times when I groan inwardly a bit, but, like I said, it's working for me so far, and that's surprising. I'll just continue my enjoyment until I don't.

I've watched a lot of bad tv shows, too. I wouldn't call it bad. Oh, it might not be as cutting edge as those mentioned, but I don't think it's bad at all.

I can also see the Disney hate come out when people say it's just Aladdin in Star Wars. First off, the artwork is based on the Star Wars Clone Wars tv show, not Disney cartoons. Then, you get a young guy who is vaguely arabic and you have to jump to Aladdin? Really? Let go of your hate. It leads only to the Dark Side.

I've been watching it with my 9 yr old and we are loving it. People get shot and die. It's our favorite show.

We did listen to the audio book for the A New Dawn. It's the prequel to Star Wars Rebels and I think it gives some good background on the characters. Kannen is so flippant and hedonistic in the book and it will be interesting to see how the novels go and he becomes so serious.

Do the Jedi hate the Empire? No, I'd say they recognize it as evil and oppose it without hating it. I know a bunch of people who've worked for Disney and I know about a bunch of things Disney has done that they do everything they can to cover up. I obviously don't have a knee-jerk hate reaction to Disney, though, or I wouldn't be watching it at all and I certainly wouldn't still own all the Gargoyles stuff that I own.

But, you're saying that you don't see Ezra as a cheap Aladdin knock-off? "How can you be so obtuse? Is it deliberate?"

Do a freakin' Google image search! Take a look at the characters side by side. Yeah, one could ignore those basic similarities but watching an orphan thief running around a friggin' MARKET stealing stuff and not start hearing One Jump Ahead takes a special level of drinking what Disney's selling.

I didn't say Sabine was Jasmine, I didn't draw a parallel between Kanan and any other Disney character, but Ezra just IS Aladdin, Dude.

'Ezra just is Aladdin.'.....

.... :huh:

What? Young orphan male running through markets thieving to live is a trope of a lot of different genres. At some point your bound to repeat heritages, and with certain face types some haircuts are just natural. So whats your point? Nice catch that they are really similar but you could draw lines between a ton of different characters back to Disney stuff and it wouldn't mean a thing. Off the top of my head the creepy Kaminoan Senator lady from the Clone Wars show is kind of like Ursula. Ezra is just as easily compared to Yahiko Myojin from Rurouni Kenshin ^_^

Yeah. It really isn't that Ezra is based on Aladdin, it is that both Ezra and Aladdin are really basic, cliched stereotypes.

What? Young orphan male running through markets thieving to live is a trope of a lot of different genres. At some point your bound to repeat heritages, and with certain face types some haircuts are just natural. So whats your point? Nice catch that they are really similar but you could draw lines between a ton of different characters back to Disney stuff and it wouldn't mean a thing. Off the top of my head the creepy Kaminoan Senator lady from the Clone Wars show is kind of like Ursula. Ezra is just as easily compared to Yahiko Myojin from Rurouni Kenshin ^_^

I could draw parallels between Kanan and Kyle Katarn easily but they aren't the same characters, so, +1.

___________________________________________________________________________________

REBELS haters, rejoice briefly. We won't be getting more episodes until January, so this topic should be really quiet until then.

Unless you guys want to continue speaking of it. Which I would like. :P

thats kind of one of the things that the RPG's for SW have done and the RPG style video games too. They'v all to some extent encouraged modeling characters after other canon and EU tropes. Dash Rendar is basically Han Solo and even has a sidekick copilot. I didn't expect this when I first tuned in but Rebels is actually a show I can get a kick out of rewatching episodes of! Even for my favorite shows there isn't much I go back to rewatch. o_O Can't wait to see another new ship. For obvious reasons. Also predicting that Ezras parents were both Jedi. Or at least one was I think.

I didn't really think of the before, but Luke and Leia were only 19 in a New Hope.

Leia was quite the prodigy. A senator, a diplomat, a princess and a leader of the Rebellion to overthrow a galactic tyranny.

Luke couldn't even pick up power converters at Tosche Station.

So is it nature or nurture?

I didn't really think of the before, but Luke and Leia were only 19 in a New Hope.

Leia was quite the prodigy. A senator, a diplomat, a princess and a leader of the Rebellion to overthrow a galactic tyranny.

Luke couldn't even pick up power converters at Tosche Station.

So is it nature or nurture?

He blew up the death star though.

What blew up the Death Star? Was it Luke? Or was it the midi-chlorians?

The one that exists.

The one that exists.

So neither. They are both fictional, after all.

I'm hoping fulcrum is Ahsoka AND a post-op surgery REX. But could be Lux Bonteri. Clearly whoever fulcrum is, they were actice in the clone wars, knowing about abandoned stations, like the one in Out of Darkness.

I could draw parallels between Kanan and Kyle Katarn easily but they aren't the same characters, so, +1.

___________________________________________________________________________________

REBELS haters, rejoice briefly. We won't be getting more episodes until January, so this topic should be really quiet until then.

Unless you guys want to continue speaking of it. Which I would like. :P

We rejoice. :D

I'm hoping fulcrum is Ahsoka AND a post-op surgery REX. But could be Lux Bonteri. Clearly whoever fulcrum is, they were actice in the clone wars, knowing about abandoned stations, like the one in Out of Darkness.

Ugh no nono nonononononono NO REX!!!!!!! Rex was a horrible character designed because they didn't want to use the real commander of the 501st Appo. Sure they did eventually put Appo in a few episodes, but I want Rex to be dead. Now on the other hand, Dave Filoni said that Echo is still alive, which could mean that on the run, Ahsoka went to Lola Sayu and found him there. Now THAT would be cool (even if 5s was always cooler).