Questions for the next FAQ - Please, post your questions here

By Julia, in BattleLore

Yes. I don't own the Razorwings expansion (yet) but from what you wrote, my interpretation is that if they cannot advance, then they cannot move back in the cavern.

Agreed with Giulio (same situation here, still waiting for my Razorwings), but the wording appears to be rather clear: the trigger is that you need a condition where you can advance to be verified. At that point, you're free to move back on your cave instead of moving on the hex where the just retreated / destroyed unity was.

Crimson Roots Scenario?

Just setting up the Game and this came up.This Scenario

has 2 Blood Fields as Terrain Features. Does this require

the Uthuk to"pay "4 Muster points or are they free as there

printed on the Scenario Map like the other Terrain Features?

OD

I've assumed they're free (also the Crystal Spires in the Daqan-equivalent scenario).

Daverman is correct. You don't have to muster terrans that already are depicted on the scenario card

Thank you both on behalf of my Viper Legion that can now return to battle ;)

OD

I was just looking for a ruling on blood sisters and found this. I like the thematic explaination well enough. They heal off the already bleeding. Also, you don't want an overpowering piece.

I was worried about the vampire but I am sure that will be a unit skill. Or could use the double sword. Or you could have the crown cause a damage and heal. That would do too much damage. So many possibilities become apparent with these rules. When you slow down and read them they make sense though

I have a question about the lore card Lightning Surge (Guardians of Hernfar)

Could be an errata in the timing text?

It says "Play after your Order Step" but the card affects knight units movement.

May it be "after your Command step"?
Thx!

Not so sure I follow, sorry. BattleLore's main phase is divided into four steps:

- Command Step

- Order Step

- Movement Step

- Attack Step

You move during movement step, so, the card looks correct to me, you move after resolving the orders

Yep
I red the card again and understood instantly. Its timing works exactly like Overrun :rolleyes:

Sorry! and thank you!

No probs ;) Happy it's ok :)

I don't want to be "that guy" and would like to review an official (or even a well-annotated unofficial) FAQ before posting questions unnecessarily. I even did a forum search for "FAQ" and had my request kicked back for having fewer than four characters! So...is there a FAQ, in whatever form, for this game readily available on this site? Or is this thread it?

Thanks!

This thread was opened with the purpose of gathering questions on obscure points of the game. Questions were collected, but no official document with the answers has been made available yet. I don't know anything about the "if" and "when", tho. I think we just have to patiently wait and see

My understanding is that you can't add a bleeding token to a unit already assigned with one. Is that correct ?
The rules states that when you bleed a unit already bleeding nothing happens. But still it would be possible to add a token,
forcing opponent to discard 2 tokens instead of one. (even if he looses only one dice combat whatever the number of bleeding token is.)

Thx for clarification.

It's a keen observation. Going by memory, you can't make a unit bleed it it's already bleeding, so, it's not a question of the number of tokens, but of giving a second status condition (represented by a token) to a unit already having that status (in the same way you can't double-poison a unit to have each committed Lore result dealing 2 dmg to that unit). Hope this has sense :)

Undead army (They are awesome, new tactics,dynamics)

They have two tents
And 4 graveyards

How many can be used in a game?

You can only use one tent (learn to play, pag 17, emphasis mine: Each player can add one command tent to his army ; also, the entire Command Tent section in the Reference Guide refers to a single Command Tent, never implying you can have more than one). There's no limit to the number of Graveyards you may deploy, as long as you pay their muster value.

Still, I see these questions coming and coming, so, they should well deserve an FAQ entry

Hello, i've got the question about Obscenes. Can fatboys move 2 hexes (one as regular and one additional for craving ability), if they already are adjacent to an enemy and going to move to next enemy, i.e. is craving ability work, when obscenes are already in contact? Sorry, if it was discussed here before, but i couldn't find it.

Thanks

when 1st player plays Command card: Onslaught: "... After your move step, each unit may move 1 hex"
and 2nd player plays Lore card: Battle Cry: "after any player's move step, .. move unit away"

When Lore card played ? before or after extra step?

Hello, i've got the question about Obscenes. Can fatboys move 2 hexes (one as regular and one additional for craving ability), if they already are adjacent to an enemy and going to move to next enemy, i.e. is craving ability work, when obscenes are already in contact? Sorry, if it was discussed here before, but i couldn't find it.

Thanks

As long as they END their movement adjacent to an enemy unit, they can move 1 additional hex. It does not matter if they start adjacent or not to an enemy unit.

when 1st player plays Command card: Onslaught: "... After your move step, each unit may move 1 hex"

and 2nd player plays Lore card: Battle Cry: "after any player's move step, .. move unit away"

When Lore card played ? before or after extra step?

Page 7 of the reference book. The additional 1 hex movement of Onslaught takes place in the attack step. Thus, Battle Cry must be played before it.

Onslaught vs. Battle Cry has been discussed on BGG... I'm not sure a definitive answer has been given. There's an argument (which I tend to agree with) that this is a timing issue and, per the reference entry on timing issues, it's up to the active player to decide which happens first. While that entry for Onslaught does mention the extra move happens in the Attack Step, I don't see how that's different from saying it happens "After your Move Step" or "after any player's Move Step." unless there's some nebulous between-step moment where Battle Cry is to be played.

If there's been an official answer maybe someone can point it out.

1) Unyielding of Bone Horrors : Okay they can't run away and if I interpretate this rule correct, this means that every "Flag-Symbol" is also Damage for Bone Horrors. But what when they attack an enemy? Do their Flag-Symbols count? So can they force an enemy to retreat?

2) A Necromancer rolls 3x Heroic Symbols. As fortune says, there are 3 Minion units within 2 Hexes of this unit - that means I can move and attack with 3 additional Units? Wow love those guys!

1. Sure thing, they cannot be affected by morale results, but indeed they can cause an enemy unit to retreat

2. 3x Heroic and 3x units at range: Necros are strong indeed, but you're also very good at moving your troops. Perfectly legit combo

Hi there,
A new question came up. We were wondering what exactly are the dice modifiers that can be used when attacking a unit on a forest tile. I mean are the specific capacities decribed on the unit cards considered as modifiers in that case (Rage for instance) ? or it is only the game effects given by lore cards ?
thx