Watcha been playin'? - The general video game topic.

By papernaut, in UFS Off Topic

Good news, peeps! I finally got Xbox Live working - the HARD way! I had to use the ethernet cable and connect to my laptop, so when I'm not on here, I'll probably be working, sleeping, or on XBL!

In the hour I had before going to my group's Water Patch event, I managed to download SSFIIHDR, play a couple of rounds, then a couple of goes at SCIV. Next time I get on I'm downloading Darth Vader, and play through his story. I also wanna have a try at Virtua Fighter 5, 3rd Strike, and not to mention more attempts at beating face on HDR!

If anyone's interested, I'm on the Gamertag of "Son Gopaul", same as here.

(Sorry for the double post, edit wasn't available.)

By the way, my little brother taught me how to play Nazi Zombies, so I'll be joining in with the madness when not playing the above.

One game lately...Fallout 3!!!! yes i am a girl who wastes 112 hours on a video game...its to much fun...havent beat it yet just doing random quests and exploring....scott changed it to hard and that changed mine so i played a lot on hard and did great i was surprized.hehe im further than scott well since i just take the 360 and dont share. haha :D

CoD4. Lots of CoD4.

I'd been holding out waiting for Operation Flashpoint 2... but it was taking too long to come out. CoD4's crappy hit registration was frustrating me pretty badly when I quit the first time, but going back into it this time I realized that the client is very poorly setup for the engine.

To anyone who wants to play any CoD. The engine it's built on wants to run at 125 FPS. The default setting maxes your FPS at 80. This is BAAAAAD. Hit these in the console and you'll put an extra 1 on the right side of your KDA.

maxpackets 100 (allows more packets to be sent)

snaps 30 (Updates player position more frequently)

ui_fov 80 (Increases your field of view by 20 degrees.)

com_maxfps 125 (Increases your max frames per second)

r_drawdecals 0 (Gets rid of the little floaty paper things)

None of those are cheats (though some servers with punk buster are set to force r_drawdecals to be on... but I've only been booted from one server).

However, on a humorous note. After learning the console I did somethign horribly mean to a n00b who thought I was hacking. I told him you could turn on the same hack by typing UI_DrawCrosshair 0. I don't think anyone will lose sleep wondering what that does.

I've spent so much of the past week on CoD5 online,

Soooooooo much xD

Fallout3 is amazing, but i havent played it since we got live... ^^

Yeah Fallout3 is great. I never expected to love a game like that but i cant help it. scott was like lets watch family guy and i was like no i want to play the game. haha i won!!! happy.gif

i WAS playing everything else i owned until ssf2thdrmx came to absorb my life.

but, i do have Rock Band, Guitar Hero: wt, MKvsDCU, Little Big Planet... and some other stuff that ssf2thdrmx made m forget about

Because I'm an ******* with a definite bias against first person shooters, I've been (re)playing Persona 3 : FES and Persona 4.

I'm a FPS hater too, but my brother uses my profile to play his friends on COD5 and Far Cry 2. I downloaded Sonic 2 with my remaining Microsoft points, but I was sad to see nobody plays VS mode. Oh wells.

Still playing HD Remix when my bro isn't playing.

Also, it seems that lantern turned me onto some NHL09.

Haven't had this much fun with a hockey game since the 94 version. Goddamnit, why is it this year that EA turns a new leaf in terms of being a respectable company, yet this is the year they lose the most money.

Even if you're biased against FPS' I think you should at least give Bioshock a run through.

Bioshock isn't even a game. It's a complete and total experience. The environment, development, and aesthetic are just absolutely mind blowing.

Also, to anybody with a 360 and live, my GamerTag is QuietMessiah.

I play a lot of Call of Duty: World at War and Gears of War 2. But if I'm not playing one of those I'm probably playing Braid, Prince of Persia, Sonic Unleashed, Rock Band (1 and 2!) or the new Prince of Persia.

Arch, i'll give you an add and we can play some w@w maybe?

And i love Bioshock, it really is mindblowing! Its just one of those really immersive games.

I love it when all the old music plays when you're bludgeoning a splicer to death with a wrench,

its just so beautifully dark :P

DrUnK3n_PaNdA said:

CoD4. Lots of CoD4.

I'd been holding out waiting for Operation Flashpoint 2... but it was taking too long to come out. CoD4's crappy hit registration was frustrating me pretty badly when I quit the first time, but going back into it this time I realized that the client is very poorly setup for the engine.

To anyone who wants to play any CoD. The engine it's built on wants to run at 125 FPS. The default setting maxes your FPS at 80. This is BAAAAAD. Hit these in the console and you'll put an extra 1 on the right side of your KDA.

maxpackets 100 (allows more packets to be sent)

snaps 30 (Updates player position more frequently)

ui_fov 80 (Increases your field of view by 20 degrees.)

com_maxfps 125 (Increases your max frames per second)

r_drawdecals 0 (Gets rid of the little floaty paper things)

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I finally picked up Valkyria chornicles, been playin Prince of Persia, and re-picked up fallout for 360 cuz of the downloadable content. Also, once a get a mem card, I just got me a copy of VIEW-TI-FUL JoE!

Archimedes said:

Even if you're biased against FPS' I think you should at least give Bioshock a run through.

Bioshock isn't even a game. It's a complete and total experience. The environment, development, and aesthetic are just absolutely mind blowing.

Yeah been meaning to do that but moar games to play before I do.

I finally finished Titan Mode of God of War 2, so now I'm not sure which of my numerous games on the stack I should finish first. I think I'll finish replaying the Phoenix Wright series, then go to "finish" Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea for PSP.

Just in case any of you are looking for something to read, I have games of 08 blog up at:

http://mygenforsale.blogspot.com/

Got a taste of Left 4 Dead last Sunday, so I'll be looking forward to getting that one. I've been slowly tempted to start playing a bit of CoD5, but it's only slowly winning me over.

For now, HDR and Sonic 2 are still keeping me happy.

papernaut said:

Anyway, I finally picked up Valkyria chornicles, been playin Prince of Persia, and re-picked up fallout for 360 cuz of the downloadable content. Also, once a get a mem card, I just got me a copy of VIEW-TI-FUL JoE!

Good man :P

I've actually been playing Viewtiful Joe on the DS recently, which is better than I thought it would be, although still not quite as good as the PS2/Gamecube ones. My main focus has been on Prince Of Persia and Tomb Raider: Underworld more recently. I've given up on Valkyria Chronicles for a bit as I'm stuck... saying that, I'll probably try again in a couple of days :D

I just recently picked up Resident Evil 3 and 4 for g-cube on vacation. Can't wait to get back and play them. I don't know what I'm going to do on RE4 seeing as how I did everything I could on that game when it first came out.

Viewtiful_Joe said:

Good man :P

I've actually been playing Viewtiful Joe on the DS recently, which is better than I thought it would be, although still not quite as good as the PS2/Gamecube ones.

Huh. I heard that the handheld ones were suck. I still need to get through the first one with basically all of the bonus characters. I can't stand playing as Sylvia, though =(

Every game needs more Dante.

I just got a new Gamer Tag since I just got a 360 for X-Mas. Add me as Leon Dangerous and we can play Rock Band 2 or Left 4 Dead.

I have been playing ITG too much now. I think I strained a muscle in my calf, seeing as it hurts to bounce around on. Oh well, looks like I will take a day off from the dancing games for now.

It has been about a month so..

Recently Beaten

Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4

Chrono Trigger DS

Currently Playing

Dragon Quest IV

Prince of Persia

Tales of Symhponia: Dawn of the New World

WWE Smackdwon Vs. Raw 2009

Ninja Town

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Street FIghter HD Remix

Anticipating

Street Fighter IV

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Dragon Quest V

Legacy of Ys Book 1 and 2

The sixth mission on VC was a pain, but blitzing with welking and a scout backed up by a sandstorm is the way to go, as I found out. As for VF, I just got 2!

In the last week:

PS3 - SCIV & MK vs. DC

Wii - House of the Dead 2&3 Combo Disk & No More Heros

No More Heros I found at the $10 Boxing day bin at Walmart. If you can find this game cheap, I absolutely recommend trying it. Just for the opening level & Cut Scenes alone.

Antigoth said:

MK vs. DC

I'm so sorry. You must've done something really bad to deserve that =(