Watcha been playin'? - The general video game topic.

By papernaut, in UFS Off Topic

Fallout 3 is about all I've been playing for the past week and a half, with a dash of Persona 3 FES thrown in there. Just beat Fallout yesterday, and I'm going to play through it at least once more, probably even more than that. And the Bloody Mess perk, while almost useless statistically, is just great for hours of amusement. It's fun to shoot a guy in the chest with a hunting rifle and have all his limbs go randomly flying in different directions.

papernaut said:

I just picked up (and by that I mean went on PSN and downloaded) HD Remix, and boy do I love it.

To vermillian - I'm mostly playing WOW because my brother said "you need to play this with me" and is paying for my account. If it weren't for that, i probably wouldn't have approached it.

That's how all bad habits start. Someone gives you your first hit... :)

AFAIK I had been playing WoW for some odd reason for frees... got the demo and it never ended... for all I know I still have it for free. Too afraid to look. I might get sucked back in for a bit.

Man, I've been too much WOW. Just finished ZA WARUDO ends with you, and may get to plowing throught Fallout 3's story.

Ugh, I've got at least two dozen games I need to sit and beat [properly].

Just finished God of War on God Mode (jeebus!), and finally played GoW2 (just beat it tonight, actually). Just started God Mode in GoW2, so I now need to beat that and then take on Titan Mode, and I'll be done with GoW2!

Still gotta "finish" (aka start, finish, or totally beat all modes to satisfaction):

-Disgaea (1, 2, and Afternoon for PSP...and buy for DS <_< )

-Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (almost done with first playthrough...only a bonus dungeon and another 50 playthroughs for maximum difficulty!)

-Onimusha (3 and Dawn of Dreams)

-Final Fantasy (8, 12, and, once I get a new Japanese PS2, FFX International Version [Dark Aeons, whoooo!], and Tactics for PSP)

-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (I want that friggin' stealth camo! Still have 2 more playthroughs to get all the cutscenes, too)

-Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (my scout/roommate has a Wii, and I want my next-gen Psycho Mantis fight!)

-Chrono Trigger (and buy for DS...lolz)

-Chrono Cross (need more endings!)

-Devil May Cry (Very Hard and DMD modes for DMC3SE [for both Dante and Vergil], all of DMC2)

-Radiata Stories

-Tenchu: Stealth Assassins

-Suikoden (have, like, 4 people left in Suiko 1, almost done with Suiko 3, and have to play...all of 2, 4, and 5 <_< )

-X-Men Legends

-Psi-Ops

-Lunar (1 and 2)

-Ace Attorney )going through and replaying them all)

-Castlevania (Circle of the Moon and...eh...one of the others for GBA)

-Persona 2

-Dragon Warrior VII

-Legacy of Kain: Defiance (can't remember if I beat Blood Omen 2 or not...it sucked, big time)

-Tactics Ogre (GBA)

-Grand Theft Auto (3, Vice City, and San Andreas <_< )

And probably more I can't remember. Sigh.

MegaGeese said:

-Final Fantasy (8, 12, and, once I get a new Japanese PS2, FFX International Version [Dark Aeons, whoooo!], and Tactics for PSP)

Hawt. FFVIII is hawt. It was my first real RPG game period happy.gif . I absolutely murdered it, probably putting in 500-1000+ hours... in over a year's time though. It should take a very long time to beat normally, seeing as I developed a good system where you train for 8 hours straight once you start playing just to get "set up" and perhaps a few other 8 hour grinds of pure training just to stay ahead of the curve. Then I beat it with a gameshark, but I only ever hacked for maxed out items, save anywhere, and load currupt files. I lost several entire games and, when I wisened up, hours of progress on both FFVII and FFVIII to currupted save files. Jumbo Cactuar battle is </3, as well as Omega Weapon and end game boss battle. How would you like to do 1 000 000 points of damage to the end game boss and it still lives (see Selphie's "The End")? Indeed, I murdered that game, and it returned the favor.

You might be interested in the International Version for FFXII " Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System". Ironically, that version was released on the same day that I first checked out FFXII on wikipedia.

I'm currently working on Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+. I've beaten the main story, so now I'm taking down Sephiroth, Terra, and Organization XIII.

COD world at war came home with us today, i was reluctant to play it.

But now i have... Well, wow! addicted to it! ^^;;

Left 4 Dead is next on my list...

papernaut said:

COD World At War: At first I was a bit down on this game, taking it for granted as COD4 in WWII, but then I realized...it's COD4 in WWII! I've been this game sooo much I should probably be doing something else, but hey more nazi's dead is a good thing, right?

I still say we need a WWI game.

Lately, I've been playing:

Animal Crossing City Folk

Pokmeon Platinum

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The World Ends With You (just beat it entirely, have every mastered pin, every item, every report, every level, YAY)

Soul Calibur 4

Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM (coming out in 2 days, but I am so excited for it)

Actually i just got DMC 3 SE so I've been playing that

CoD 3

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Rock Band cause yall know I got to Lead Sing me some A7X

I'm currently playing Sonic Unleashed, which cheekily enough cost me 49p (Around 65 cents) thanks to a combination of trade-ins, working at a game shop (25% discount baby!) and it being released for £10 cheaper than standard.

Liking the game, aggravating though it is (It's so **** aggravating).

Also playing GoW2 as my multiplayer.

Recently played Mirror's Edge, which is quite easily my favourite game of all time now, I would recommend anyone get a hold of a copy, though I would definitely advise renting rather than buying, it's an incredible game, but only about 5-6 hours long. (I still think it's the greatest game in creation though)

Mirror's Edge - Rent it. Play it. Love it.

I'm pretty much set on games 'til after Christmas, nothing I'm particularly looking forward to until X-Blades in January, then SF4 and Resi5 in the spring.

I've still got a huge backlog of RPGs to get through lol (Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Lost Oddyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, mebbe Last Remnant.........I'm gonna be busy)

EDIT: Big ups to Viewtiful_Joe for having Mirror's Edge. Link - Get it!

So i have been playing a ton of things lately due to the tsunami of new releases:

Fable 2: Beat it..... didn't enjoy the ending but overall a good game

Gears of War 2: Awesome.... online play kinda sucks

COD4: Not new but still amazing

COD:WOW: pretty awesome.... haven't gotten much play on it due to my friend stealing it from me.

Left 4 Dead: Good game..... hate that i always get ganked right before the chopper/boat/rescue arrives.

Mirror's Edge: Awesome..... short storyline though.

PORTAL: the cake is not a lie..... i found it

WOW:WotLK: awesome.... i hate that people we're already at the new lvl cap within a day or two of the release.

and that is about it.....

Well, just found my old copy of FFVI GBA and have started going through that, planning to get Prince of Persia now, maybe left for dead, and def. V Chronicles. Unfortuenately, Nazi Zombies in COD WAW continues to steal the show for me.

Finished Mirrors Edge a couple of nights ago, and loved every second of it. The Speed Runs are just as fun as the main game itself. I'm also playing through the two Trauma Center Wii games. The end of the first one is SO **** DIFFICULT!!!!

Planning on grabbing Prince Of Persia tomorrow, although I should probably stop spending money on myself, what with Xmas around the corner :|

I've gone back to playing Soul Calibur IV, since I played SCIII at the arcades recently and went through using only one continue. Plus, I needed to put my Arcade stick to use : P

Sadly I haven't been able to set up Xbox Live yet, my wireless adaptor that I bought was broken and I didn't know about it. How was I supposed to know a Red Light on the adaptor meant it wasn't working?

Homme Chapeau said:

papernaut said:

COD World At War: At first I was a bit down on this game, taking it for granted as COD4 in WWII, but then I realized...it's COD4 in WWII! I've been this game sooo much I should probably be doing something else, but hey more nazi's dead is a good thing, right?

Morning Demon said:

Homme Chapeau said:

papernaut said:

So just waiting in a trench and practicing putting on gas mask?

WWI gas masks were so cool, but so scary o_0 i want one ^_^

and i thought i heard that CoD are doing a WWI game soooon? maybe i misheard -_-

And Nazi zombies is so fun! How many rounds have you managed papernaut?

Saccharin said:

And Nazi zombies is so fun! How many rounds have you managed papernaut?

Just some random trivia: I've heard that the developers managed 17 rounds sometime around the game's release. Of course, I heard that (on TV) some while ago.

Playing SSF2THDR, Civilization Revolution, CoD:WaW (zombies onry!), LBP (not playin this much anymore)..i think thats about it.

I got to i think 22 on zombies with a friend. Flamethrower + ray gun ftw

I too love nazi zombies (the mode, but them themselves can get loved too if they play their cards right), and more Fallout 3. Sadly, I've yet to get anything else, because I have have no money.

Morning Demon said:

Homme Chapeau said:

papernaut said:

So just waiting in a trench and practicing putting on gas mask?

Meh it'd be better than yet another WWII game.

BETTER : Revolutionary War FPS. Shoot, reload for 1 minute, shoot again!

Well so far on Nazi Zombies the two of us have managed 10 rounds, and thats with just the ray gun.

I can see myself getting further with 4 players instead of two, theres far too much to deal with as the rounds rack up.

We dont have xbox live yet so...

So tell me, whats Left 4 Dead like? :D

As usual I can't stop playing Rock Band 2 and In The Groove. I'm back at playing ITG three times a week again, which is good because I feel a lot better now. I should really keep up the pace though.

I started playing that Super Street Fighter II Turbo High Definition Remix. I still prefer 3rd Strike.

MK vs DCU was absolutely terrible, do not let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Super Street fighter II Turbeo HD Remix part 3 the return of the sith round 2 Electric boogaloo continues to be awesome, and I just beat Fallout 3. It tooke me 50 hours to rush through that game, good lord (with the occasional side quest, mind you). I'm a little dissapointed in the endings, but you're not really supposed to finish it, really...

RB2 you say?