Seeds of Heresy (Play-by-Post) INPLAY

By GauntZero, in Adventure: Seeds of Heresy

"Golden Throne!" -He says, being the first allusion to the Emperor you've ever heard getting out of his lips, after he takes a look to the wound and the stinky, ill-look sword the enemy used.

"Be calm, amigo . I'm going to my room for my medi-kit, keep an eye on this guy."

Camyll looks the corridor carefully and if it looks safe, runs to his room to get the medi-kit and come back to help Teagan.

[it's a roll at -10 (Heavily wounded) and with a +20 from the Medikit, for a total of 60. I roll 77, Failure]

"I'm sorry, but this kind of poison is impossible to cure with this equipment" - Camylls tells Teagan -. "I'll apply you basic antibiotics and a bandage, but you'll need some rest"

"I appreciate the aid but I think we've outlasted our welcome."

Reginald grunts and rolls over onto his knees, looking as though he is about to vomit. He blurts out "Pot!..." and holds out his hand as if awaiting someone to hand him something. His arms are shaky and he is barely able to hold himself up. Reginald looks up and sees the other acolytes standing near him, gazing at him quizzically. He glares as he realizes that none of them are going to offer a pot to catch his vomit with. Reginald gulps, hard, obviously swallowing his own bile. He struggles to get to his feet, and winces in pain, his hand grabbing the wound from the sword. Reginald looks down to see that the wound is already bruising and blackening. He glances at one of the rusty swords carried by the assassins and his eyes go wide.

"The blades...poisoned...medicae...my room..."

Reginald motions for someone to retrieve his kit.

"Who else...cut?"

"That would be me boss." Teagan says as sweat builds on his brow. You can tell that he has been badly wounded by a similar sword.

"What by the Harvest fathers blessing happened here ?" shouts Crouze.

"We heard shots and came as fast as possible."

Teagan shouts, "What do you mean by what happened here! Some tried to have us killed man!"

"Let's all be calmed righ now" -Suggests Camyll -. "Sergeant, we are in dire need, as you see."

Stares at him earnest.

"We are in need of medical attention for my colleages here and security around while we compose ourselves"

Edited by Eisenhorn_Puritus

"What ? How did they manage to get inside here ? We monitored the entrance area all night! Are they all dead ?"

He sees the one who was captured by Camyll.

"You got one alive ?"

Edited by GauntZero

Points at the tied heretic.

"Angevin knocked down one of the assailants alive. We are going to wait "it" [special emphasis in the IT] to wake up and we are going to try him to talk. Do you have hand or mag-cuffs at hand?"

"Let's all be calmed righ now" -Suggests Camyll -. "Sergeant, we are in dire need, as you see."

Stares at him earnest.

"We are in need of medical attention for my colleages here and security around while we compose ourselves"

I am afraid the Lords medicus will just return in the morning. I will send him to you as soon as he arrives.

Points at the tied heretic.

"Angevin knocked down one of the assailants alive. We are going to wait "it" [special emphasis in the IT] to wake up and we are going to try him to talk. Do you have hand or mag-cuffs at hand?"

"We instantly will take this villain into the Governeurs arrest cells. I am sure he will find out very soon who sent these abominations onto our guests."

"Crouze, do you recognize any of these men or what they wear? Also, can you think of anyone that would want servants of the Imperium and our Emperor dead?"

Edited by Elior

"Of course I dont ! I have no business n any way with such scum." He looks down on them in disgust.

"Try to get a little rest - you'll be the first the medicus will visit tomorrow morning. I will take the captured one to the cells for interrogation."

"Two of my best men will guard your doors for the remaining night."

Edited by GauntZero

Reginald waves his hand at the Sergeant. He is slumped against the wall, still waiting for his med-kit. He pulls out a form and begins to write on it. A bit of blood from his hand is spattered on it. His scribe-tines quickly fill out the form, writing over the blood.

"We would interrogate this traitor first, and find out what he was planning. It is my right as a highborn Grimstone to question him. Surely you would not deny me this and risk the displeasure of the viceroy?"

Reginald straightens and hands the form to the Sergeant.

"I am afraid the Viceroy insists to lead such interrogations himself in such cases. His orders were clearly about you not interfering with any operative local business."

He sees the expression on your faces.

"I guess he meant that just to protect you - to not disturb your far more important work here with the tithes. But be assured. We have everything under control here."

He orders his men to get the captive and to follow him.

Edited by GauntZero

Teagan scrutinizes Crouze's demeanor (Per 40[GM rolls]). He then goes to retrieve Reginald's med-kit.

Reginald tells Crouze that he will have the prisoner soon enough. He writes off another document and tells him that it would be worth his time to allow Reginald's men some time to conduct a short interrogation. Reginald points to parts of the document. He is attempting to bribe Crouze.

Influence (?) Roll: Target 40; Roll of 14; 4 Degrees of Success

@ Elior:

You have a good feeling about this sergeant. He might have his duties towards his superiors and seems to be nervous about the whole situation, but ou do not think he lies are he tries to hide something from you.

He seems to you like someone who is caught in his duties.

@Nimsim:

Crouze tells you that he wont take any bribe (if you wouldnt have so many DoS he would even have been angry on you for trying such a thing) as he is bound to honour.

His father once told him though how important the Imperium for Novabella was and how important the believe towards the harvester father, who protects them all. So he will try his best to make it possible for your men to get a short interrogation with the captive without the Viceroy knowing.

He suddenly gets an incoming vox. As he ansers it, he gets pale.

"The governeour...he...he...is under attack !"

I grab up my shotgun and say, "Reginald, you think you could patch up my wounds real quick?"

Edited by Elior

Unfortunately for Teagan, his wounds do not appear to be treatable without more thorough work. [RAW, you can only be treated once every 24 hours]. Reginald takes his med-kit, and after shaking his head at Teagan and telling him to stay strong for the emperor, he attempts to treat his own wounds.

Reginald finds that he is unable to treat the toxin for himself, either.

Medicae Roll: 40 +10 for Med Kit -10 for Heavily Wounded

Roll of 59, 2 Degrees of Failure.

Reginald's body is heavily weakened by the poison, but his resolve is strong. Reginald considers the task before him, an the atonement he must make to the Emperor. He picks up his chainsword and turns to the sergeant, standing a but more steady on his feet. Reginald looks at the Sergeant and tells him that he and his men will assist in destroying whatever foul traitors would dare to face their betters in so foul a manner. Reginald retrieves his las pistol from his room, dons his helmet, and tells the sergeant to lead the way.

(Spend 1 Fate Point to heal 1d5 damage, roll of 9 to heal 5 damage.)

Reginald is at 2 Fate Points and 7 wounds.

I think i'll do the same, spend 1 fate point, rolled 7 to heal 4 wounds. Teagan reloads his weapons and puts on his game face (which is a cold grimace) "For the Emperor and Imperium!"

Sergeant Crouze and his six men run through the corridors and take the lead.

After some minutes which seem to take forever, you reach the royal quarters of the Kathrinka family, dead guardians lying around in the corridors.

You can hear screaming from different locations and Sergeant Crouze decides to split up.

He will go with you to the governeurs quarters, the other six men will go to the Viceroys quarters.

"Lead the way Crouze" Teagan says as he looks around for heretics to blast.

Crouze leads the way, his Lasgun in a firm grasp.

The quarters you reach are full of luxury - the governeur seems to be a man of good taste, who likes a decent lifestyle.

The blood that was shed here doesnt really increase the value though.

You see the dead bodies of at least 5 soldiers, but also a handfull of dead heretics that look like the ones who attacked you.

You get closer to one source of screams and reach the governeurs private rooms.

In one corner, you see the governeurs wife in her night dress - she seems to be totally shocked and scared, but unhamred so far.

Four masked heretics with rusty swords just killed the last defending soldier of the quarters and now turn their faces towards you as you enter.

The governeur lies on his bed, a huge abnormity above him - you cannot see if he is yet alive.

As you enter, the abnormity also raises its head and turns it towards you.

It must be arount 2.5m high with a bulky built. Its face is part human, part insect with long sharp mandibles that are full of fresh blood. Its body is protected by a chitin skin, its arms end in razorsharp claws.

It screams with an unearhtly voice, which shakes your very souls.

It is time for a Fear (-20) Test and INIT.

INIT:

> four heretics: 5

> Abomination: 12

Edited by GauntZero

Fear Test (WP 20[rolled 26]) Failed.