Seeds of Heresy (Play-by-Post) INPLAY

By GauntZero, in Adventure: Seeds of Heresy

Scrutiny Test +20

Per 40 + 20 = 60 [rolled 35]

He seems to be honestly surprised by the deed of his man and it looks like he doesnt support this action at all.

He also seems to be shocked, that the governess has been shot.

Edited by GauntZero

Teagan shouts in stern voice, "Crouze! Snap out of it, take your man alive!"

How far away is the shooter?

He is just 5m away.

Crouzes' eyes get clear, he graps his lasgun as a club and forces his man into melee.

Before charging the man, I will observe and discern if any of the other soldiers are thinking of turning traitor. Per 40 [rolled 68]

You have no idea ;)

I will then position myself around the shooter so that my line of sight has as many of the soldiers in it as possible and then attempt to sweep the legs out from under the shooter as he melees with Crouze.

Crouze manages to knock the renegade soldier out, but needs to hold himself back not to kill him.

Assuming Crouze stood down after knocking the traitor out, Teagan lays an understanding hand upon Crouze's shoulder and says quietly, "I need you to extensively question every one of your remaining men. Any of them that you are even remotely suspicious of needs to be reported directly to Reginald. In the meantime, this man will remain here for questioning."

Teagan will personally bind the hands and feet of the traitor.

Edited by Elior

"He...he was new to my men...just assigned to us for the night as a reinforcement for guarding you and the palace."

I take a nice long nap on a secure rooftop, preferably buried under some old tarps

Please make a stealth +30 test

Teagan tells Crouze, "You have done well Sergeant but there is much more work to be done. Who else is new to your men and who assigned this man?"

He gets some documents from his pocket.

"Let's see..." - he takes a look through the paperwork.

"He was one of three recrutes that were assigned on short notice...alongside with Khergan and Thurr. All three of them were assigned with special recommendations from the viceroy, as they had good references from the Tithe Guard."

Are any of those men present in the room right now?

If so, I'll tell Crouze, "Each of these men need to be questioned extensively and are to remain here."

If the men are not currently in the room, "I need those men summoned here immediately. Make sure you summon them in a way that is not suspicious."

Teagan will look through the pockets and so forth of the unconscious and bound traitor in an attempt to find any symbols or anything else suspicious.

He uses Forbidden Lore (Heresy) and Scholastic Lore (Occult): Int 40 [GM rolls]

Edited by Elior

"They...they dont answer the vox. **** it! Before we went here, they volunteered for guarding the viceroy out of here."

You score 4 DoS at your test.

You find a atttoo that looks similar like the symbols you have seen before at the dinner. They are not the same, but the general style and the coloration is very similar.

It seems to show the devotion towards one of the unspeakable.

"Crouze, if you have men closer to their location than we are, send them to intercept and detain those men. Also, I need 6 of your most trusted men to lock down the leader of the Sodality (the elderly woman I think). She is not to leave or receive guests of any kind. Its for her protection. Tell those men to obey those orders by using lethal force if need be. We are going after the Viceroy. Ready a suitable vehicle for our immediate departure." He turns to his remaining companions, "Anyone coming with us?"

If anyone stays, Teagan will leave the traitor to their interrogation. If we all leave, the traitor will get interrogated on the way.

Edited by Elior

Stealth untrained: 20 + 30 = 50

Roll: 27

3 DoS?

I find a pile of old tarps and roofing slats and burrow underneath and sleep, for the first time since coming to this world.

"Crouze, if you have men closer to their location than we are, send them to intercept and detain those men. Also, I need 6 of your most trusted men to lock down the leader of the Sodality (the elderly woman I think). She is not to leave or receive guests of any kind. Its for her protection. Tell those men to obey those orders by using lethal force if need be. We are going after the Viceroy. Ready a suitable vehicle for our immediate departure." He turns to his remaining companions, "Anyone coming with us?"

If anyone stays, Teagan will leave the traitor to their interrogation. If we all leave, the traitor will get interrogated on the way.

"We cannot just lock down the sodalitys leader..." he says to you with fear in his eyes. "Thats simply impossible"

Stealth untrained: 20 + 30 = 50

Roll: 27

3 DoS?

I find a pile of old tarps and roofing slats and burrow underneath and sleep, for the first time since coming to this world.

You hide yourself well and get some rest [1 fatigue healed per hour; 1 wound healed in total if you succeed on a Toughness test]

"We cannot just lock down the sodalitys leader..." he says to you with fear in his eyes. "Thats simply impossible"

Reginald, after being rebuffed by the governess, has been filling out stacks of paperwork, muttering to himself. He turns to Crouze, finally finished.

"And why, may I ask, is this impossible?"

"Because now...that the Governeur is dead...she is the mightiest person on this whole planet."

Edited by GauntZero

Ok, I rest for 6 hours.

First I'll spend another hour watching for shipment vehicles.

When I observed the vehicle pass the check point, did his grain shipment get searched very thoroughly?

If it was a lax or casual search, I'm going to go down to the streets and look around for someone who owns a vehicle or truck, and doesn't seem to be using it to go anywhere.

I also Vox Courze and tell him to tell the others I am planning on investigating the AgriHarvest compound

Reginald looks at the covered body of the governor and his wife nearby. A plan begins to form. Reginald can see that the Emperor has lead him to this path, this moment. All of that paperwork...

Reginald's scribe tines quickly set to work. He takes note of the governor's letters, and of the associated heraldry, as he writes.

"Sergeant Crouze. The governor is not officially dead. Officially, by this report, he has been gravely wounded, and is confined to his room. And, by this decree, the governor has ordered the capture of the sodality leader, to be questioned for involvement in tonight's attack."

Reginald hands Crouze the associated documents, written in a copy of the governor's hand, with his heraldry displayed.

"I will forward this to her Grace to be followed. We cannot directly take her. She commands the Tithe Guard. A force that outnumbers us by far."