Donovan was right and I was wrong

By Maelora, in General Discussion

I loved Farscape. Not so much the first season, when the crew didn't seem to like - or trust - one another, but moreso later when bonds began to form.

And since I GM I always play the Empire

Perhaps you should try playing for once, so you get some idea of how little fun it is when the GM steadfastly refuses to give you anything to work with.

David, for instance, has a sling, and some idea of what he can do with it.

What edge do the PCs have over their opponents?

Depends on whether you'll have rule modifications that allow us to re-enact the Loony Toons episode or not. :D

I'm way too pretentious for that. I want to the gritty, corrupt, ego, corruption... and the spiritual madness... the loony toon and the sci-fi-cross-overs-sort-of, nope. I don't think I could handle that, although, you never know :ph34r:

Oh and Erik: Shut up. You already have your answer to that question, its in numerous threads you've started all over the place. Now shut up and let the grown ups play.

Oh and Erik: Shut up. You already have your answer to that question

Your answer sucked.

Want to play an idealistic hippy? Take the moral high ground and pretend you're better? Get inferior training and equipment? Loot dead bodies of fellow sentient beings for gear and food? Be outnumbered a gazillion to one? Like fish-shaped capital ships? Keep up with constant bleeping from an annoying droid while in the middle of a dogfight? Take on duly the elected government-gone-empire? Use guerrilla tactics and risk killing civilians in the name of the so-called "good"? Risk cross-species illness (and death) from staying in cramped unhygienic quarters with other life forms? Enjoy the underdog attitude? If you answer yes to one, all or none of the above: Join the Alliance! Fighting because we can!

It might be worth thinking about a serious answer, before you waste too much of your players time.

Edited by ErikB

Oh Erik... Well. I was not only referring to my answers, but all the other ones you've received. Many people have been kind and patient with you, answered your faecal regurgitations and you ignore it. Your loss.

Also, I cannot take your questions seriously any more (I haven't been able to for a long, long time), so I give them no proper consideration.

At least I play Erik. I GM because that is my lot in life. My friends look to me to create the games they want to play. And the fact that I've been doing that for over 30 years and they still want me to do it, tells me that I'm doing something right. I play when I get the opportunity.

And again, pick and choose what you reply to, but don't try make me out to be a bad GM when you have no idea who I am. I never stated that the players are stuck with nothing as you well know. But again you amuse me with your antics.

I never stated that the players are stuck with nothing as you well know.

Could you tell the other GMs with less experience what they have?

So, how about that B5 conversion?

I'm thinking that I should start with Narns, Minbari, Drazi, Centauri and the Pak'ma'ra - gotta love them carrion eaters.

There are of course others too, but some of them go extinct so they're probably poor species to go with in the end :ph34r:

The biggest challenge would be to convert the Telepaths. Either a sort of Force Power way, but perhaps with more skill use involved?

I mean, it's pretty basic - barring Lyta, but she's special - so Sense should suffice, but perhaps be more granular, and perhaps add in something from Influence and some of those talents that causes strain?

double.

Edited by Jegergryte

Why Erik? I'm pretty sure all the other GMs already know as they actually play the game, unlike you. Although considering your viewpoint I can understand why playing the game might be difficult for you. As a GM your over the top, simplistic, black & white view would be too boring for most imaginative players. As a player you would, in all likelihood, sulk because everyone wasn't playing Star Wars the right way. Eh?

Edited by mouthymerc

Farscape would be a really cool mod. Would really need to figure out how to keep Moya from getting wasted by command carrier fire though. Starburst can only do so much.

Betcha if I made a thread like this about Donovan I would get blasted right off these forums.

I guess it pays to be a forumite who contributes thoughts and ideas and not a single-minded troll? Not saying Donovan is a perfect forumite but the comparison is hilarious.

Oh I'm not comparing the two, just saying what is on my mind. If people hate me or blast me for it then so be it.

Not like I contribute anything anyway myself, I just try to stay out of the way, hence my low post count.

Nah, I'm not really getting on you for speaking your peace.

I didn't mean to make it sound like you were, friend.

I've merely been on so many forums that so easily get on my case in particular about speaking my mind that I have grown to view all forums as hostile by default.

That does seem to be the way of the internet, people acting big because they think they are safe behind their screens and can do whatever they want eh?

Maybe so. That's why I thought it was a little ridic to say someone was "courageous" for saying this thread was bad (personally I think it's born from a lot of irritation about one person irritating a lot of people consistently). As in, courageous for anonymously speaking up at a bunch of people anonymously bashing some other anonymous person. Just funny to me.

Betcha if I made a thread like this about Donovan I would get blasted right off these forums.

I'll be the first person to admit that I'm not a saint, and I've said more than a few unkind things over the years to folks. And I'd be surprised if there aren't some folks that have me permanently listed as Ignore.

But as was noted previously, were ErikB has yet to contribute anything of actual merit to the community, I've been doing so for quite some time (the Unofficial Species Menagerie in particular). And I'm hardly anonymous, since I put my real name on the various fan supplements that I've created and made available to the community, not only for this game but for other RPGs as well (particularly Saga Edition). Been a while since I checked my GSA profile, but I believe my actual name's there to. Plus the name drops I've gotten on the Order 66 podcast during both the old Saga Edition and the current FFG RPG version.

Edited by Donovan Morningfire

Can I just say how much I love the fact that a complaint thread about a troll turned into a buffet for said troll?

Stop feeding him and he'll wither away from lack of attention and we will be done with him.

That unfortunately didn't work on the 40k boards and I doubt it'll work here.

For B5, I actually like the d20 version rules that are out. It doesn't rely on a battlemap (my BIG pet-peeve with d20), and I've had enormous fun using it.

A friend and me used to enjoy jibing - and the budding romance that reluctantly formed for - my officer stationed aboard B5, and her Minbari warrior who fought against him (directly) during the war. This Minbari has been sent (for reason/justification I forget) to study and learn under Delenn, and become an ambassador in her own right.

Edited by Shakespearian_Soldier

(Before you read this, know that I only felt like reading upto the end of page four, so my knowledge on this thread leads upto there.)

It seemed rather ironic for a bit how the thread talked about ErikB derailing threads and not talking about FFG and the RPGs in discussions, then the conversation moved to British television. I like Doctor Who as much as the next guy (assuming the next guy likes Doctor Who), but kind of ironic to get onto someone for getting off track and then get off track.

I also don't like the idea of making a post to say "Let's all agree not to like someone." I'm a bully victim myself, and I don't stand for that kind of nonsense. Just felt like it needed to be said on my part, at least.

Of course, I don't know much of ErikB except for the bad opinion, but again. I won't stand for straight up insulting of an individual because the general public dislikes them.

(Again: only read up to page four. Might've changed gears, might've stayed the same.)

As far as what a bunch of people have been holding against ErikB, I'd point to the OP.

Of course, I don't know much of ErikB except for the bad opinion, but again. I won't stand for straight up insulting of an individual because the general public dislikes them.

Try reading some of the threads he's started.

He's not aiming for intelligent or informative discussion. He instead tries (and sadly succeeds) in stirring up trouble, and outright ignores factual information that contradicts his rather narrow and heavily biased view of things. He's told people that showed an interest in playing an Imperial campaign that they were playing the game wrong, he was all sorts of rude to FFG during the EotE Beta about why they didn't have a full rules for playing Jedi Masters, and over on the EotE boards has equated any player group that's not fully supportive of the Galactic Empire to being terrorists on part with the worst sort that we have in the real world. He even took gleeful pride in the exasperated posts that some folks made when, after they tried to use rational thinking and logic to debunk some of his assertions, he just called them wrong and kept acting like the prime example of the GIFT that he is.

He got banned under a previous handle for making some particularly crass political comments aimed directly towards other posters, and the only change between his antics now and his antics then is he's not making direct personal assaults on other posters. That alone should tell you something about the nature of his character.

If it looks like he's being dog-piled on, it's because he's gone way out of his way to draw the ire of a great many people.

Man do I have another I TOLD YOU SO coming when it turns out the EotE system isn't very good for playing Jedi because it wasn't designed with that purpose in mind.

I'd really rather have a really good Jedi game (or at least two or three extra years of work towards one) though.

Edited by ErikB