Ogre Butcher spells

By Terrorist Dwarf, in WFRP House Rules

Along with the career project, I'm currently working on Ogre Butcher magic, or Great Maw divine blessings. I thought I might post to help with inspiration. Ideas and thoughts would be appreciated.

Great Maw magic is practised only Ogres, as their patron god demands satiated hunger. All Great Maw magic requires eating a particular substance. While usually deadly to other beings, the Butcher career abilities allow the Ogre to eat food which would kill a lesser Ogre. Transfusing the prayers to the Great Maw is not an easy task, as the body can still be ravaged by the coursing magic. Most, if not all blessings, harm the Butcher with wounds and critical hits. As well, the more Great Maw spells currently running through the Butcher's system, the harder time he has to cast his spells. This is represented by extra Misfortune/Difficulty dice when blessings are recharging.

Thankfully, the Butcher has methods of mitigating damage. Comets on all blessings can be converted into healed wounds and, at higher levels, healed critical wounds.

Now for the blessings.

Rank 1.

Uttergnaw. By consuming the utters and tongues of a great beast, the Butchers causes the enemy tongues to swell, inflicting great pain to those who seek to use words to gain favor.

Spinmarrow. By consuming fresh spinal fluid, the Butcher gives his own men a spine to stand against fear.

Bullgorger. By consuming the heart of a large beast, giving his allies the strength of the bull.

Eyecram. By consuming eyes, the Butcher gives the eyesight of many to his allies, but at the cost of causing the eyes to bleed.

Windchaw. By consuming lungs, the Butcher converts portions of his allies lungs into a stomach, allowing them to eat or drink to breath.

Knucklenibbler. By consuming the fingers of nimble people (mostly Gnobblar), the Butcher causes his allies to gain dexterous fingers or causing his enemies joints to swell.

Soledevour. By consuming the feet of small quick people (such as halfling), the Butcher gives his allies nimble feet and movement, or causing his enemies feet to blister.

Rindhusk. By consuming the skin of his enemies, the Butcher peels the defences from his enemies, causing the body to bloat and become unwieldy for his armor, causing a reduction in Soak.

Fangfeast. By consuming a handful of teeth, the Butcher allows his allies to grow a bite comparable to a savage beast.

Rank 2.

Gutbuster. By consuming the upper guts of various beasts, the Butcher causes an enemy's stomach to eat themselves or, if used on an ally, gain a acidic vomit attack.

Bonecrusher. By consuming bones, the Butcher causes other enemy's bones to break, in the form of non-soakable Critical Hits which give wounds equal to severity.

Toothcracker. By consuming granite, the Butcher causes his allies skin to harden and gain soak and resistance to critical hits.

Juicemar. By consuming the blood of a particular subject, the Butcher knows the direction and location of his enemies or cause harm to him.

Matemeal. By consuming the fresh flesh of a humanoid, he grants his allies the ability to cause greater harm to the same race consumed.

Rank 3.

Braingobbler. By consuming a brain, the Butcher causes his enemies to become demoralized.

Trollguts. By consuming the acidic troll's guts, the Butcher gives his allies the trollish Regeneration.

Bilecanker. By consuming the rotting corpse of a long dead animal, the Butcher can force entropy into his enemies, causing them to become fragile and vulnerable to wounds.

Rank 4.

The Maw. By consuming vast sums of meat from a beast, the Butcher can summon a massive personification of the Great Maw onto the battlefield to consume his enemies.

Any new ideas?

Edited by Terrorist Dwarf

Those are great. I'd mimic the Ogre warhammer battles book as much as possible. I'd generally copy Spells already in existence for mechanical effect and tweak them enough for theme.

jh

Those are great. I'd mimic the Ogre warhammer battles book as much as possible. I'd generally copy Spells already in existence for mechanical effect and tweak them enough for theme.

jh

The problem with the Ogre Kingdoms book is the lack of spells. Between the first two books there are a total of seven spells, all represented within the list. While a decent variety, seven spells would not enough for most players. With that in mind, I hope I captured the body horror of Great Maw spells.

As well, I've been on the fence on the names for the various careers. Butcher and Slaughter Master are a given, which represent the Intermediate and Advanced Careers. I'm considered Tenderfoot Butcher (or just Tender Butcher) or Carver or for Rank 1 and Slaughter Lord for Rank 4.

While I was considering posting this in my other thread, there is merit in keeping Empire and Ogre careers separated for now. The following careers are under consideration for Ogres.

Basic Careers

Bellower

Carver

Intermediate Careers.

Crusher

Butcher

Irongut.

Mourntusk Cavalry

Advanced Careers

Gutlord

Bruiser

Slaughter Master

Firebelly

Ogre Hunter

Elite Careers

Tyrant

Beast Rider

Slaughter Lord

Epic Careers

Overtyrant

Those familiar with Ogres, do you see any glaring missing entries?

Great work again!

I am glad you have classed Butchers as priests. Firebellies are obviously fat Bright Mages.

Rhinox cavalry is missing, as are the Lead Belchers and the Ogre Artillerist.

Again this is just the kind of stuff that would fit brilliantly into an issue of Liber Fanatica or even a special project if you felt like writing something more complete. Link here: http://www.liberfanatica.net/

Bellower

Once per session, when an ally within close range fails a Fear or Terror check, he may re-roll the result and add a Fortune die.

Tender Butcher

You are immune to Poison effects.

Crusher

If the Crusher is disengaged and moves to engage an opponent, he receives +1 damage per maneuver spend to move.

Butcher

When you eat one encumbrance or more of sacred food than required, gain 1 favor.

Irongut

When using a two-handed sword, you receive 1 fortune die which may only be expended on the Irongut enhance action.

Mournfang Cavalry

Gain the Mournfang card.

Trained Mournfang

Strength 5 (5), Toughness 4 (4), Agility 4 (0), Intelligence 1, Willpower 4, Fellowship 1

Wind 10

Unruly. Attempting to gain control over a Mournfang is increased by 1 difficulty die.

Fearless. The Mournfang may ignore Fear. It also counts Terror as Fear.

Mourn Charge. When the Mournfang moves in to engage an opponent, the rider and Mournfang deal +2 damage for every maneuver used to move.

Swift. 1 free maneuver each turn.

Instinct. Mournfangs may use their WP instead of their Int when making Observation checks.

Gutlord

When armor with a Soak of 5 or more, you receive 1 characteristic die which may only be expended on Irongut enhance actions.

Bruiser

When using a Fortune point, the Bruiser can use Strength in place of a Fellowship check.

Slaughter Master

When casting a Great Maw spell, you may spend a comet to heal one critical wound. You may use two boons to heal one wound.

Firebelly

You have a Soak of 6 from Fire attacks, including Bright magic. You have access to the Bright college of magic.

Firebelly Master

You have a Soak of 10 from Fire attacks, including Bright magic. You have access to the second Rank of Bright college of magic.

Ogre Hunter

You receive the Blood Vulture card.

Blood Vulture

Strength 4 (4), Toughness 3 (0), Agility 4 (3), Intelligence 1, Willpower 3, Fellowship 1

Obedience 7

Swift. 1 free maneuver.

Flight. May move away with taking disengage penalties.

2 Trick Slots

Slaughter Lord

Once per session, a Slaughter Lord may recover his wounds equal to his Toughness.

Tyrant

The Tyrant may socket a Big Name talent card on the Party Sheet.

Beast Rider

When you select this career, take either the Stonehorn or Thundertusk mount card.

Stonehorn

Strength 6 (6), Toughness 6 (5), Agility 2 (0), Intelligence 1, Willpower 5, Fellowship 1

Wind 20

Truly Unruly. Attempting to gain control over a Stonehorn is increased by 2 difficulty die. If not under control, you do not gain the bonus from Frenzy or Earth-shattering charge.

Fearsome. The Stonehorn ignores all checks from Fear and Terror.

Frenzied. While riding a Stonehorn, you are considered Frenzied.

Instinct. Stonehorns may use their WP instead of their Int when making Observation checks.

Earth-shattering Charge. When the Mournfang moves in to engage an opponent, the rider and Mournfang deal +3 damage for every maneuver used to move.

Stone Skeleton. All weapons require two comets two critical on a Stonehorn and have their CR increased by 2.

Thundertusk

Strength 6 (6), Toughness 6 (4), Agility 2, Intelligence 1, Willpower 4, Fellowship 1

Wind 20

Unruly. Attempting to gain control over a Thundertusk is increased by 1 difficulty die.

Fearsome. The Stonehorn ignores all checks from Fear and Terror.

Numbing Chill. When an enemy is engaged to a Thundertusk must make a Resilience check (3d) or have take the highest initiative token reduced by one.

Smooth Ride. Thundertusk Riders ignore penalties for shoot while riding.

Sphere of Frost-Wreathed Ice. The Thundertusk gains the special Sphere of Frost-Wreathed Action card.

Overtyrant

All allies within close range to you gain two fortune dice for Fear and Terror checks and +1 damage

Great work again!

I am glad you have classed Butchers as priests. Firebellies are obviously fat Bright Mages.

Rhinox cavalry is missing, as are the Lead Belchers and the Ogre Artillerist.

Again this is just the kind of stuff that would fit brilliantly into an issue of Liber Fanatica or even a special project if you felt like writing something more complete. Link here: http://www.liberfanatica.net/

Thanks.

I'm also cleaning up the rough draft on Great Maw spells, Ogre abilities and talents.

Rhinox cavalry? I was considering doing a Rhinox chariot, but I'm not aware of Rhinox cavalry, but eventually decided against it until chariot rules have been established. Do you know where I can find the source material for cavalry?

The same goes for artillery. I wanted have rules for cannons, stone throwers and other siege weapons before I add in Leadbelchers or others. I've also steered away from Gnobblars, as they would be less than accepted in the Empire. An empire mercenary captain would be willing to allow a Thundertusk in his army for support, but would never allow a green-skin in his ranks.

I may or may not approach Liber Fanatica with my work, but currently, I'm just trying to get exposure. I want a free exchange of ideas and thoughts. Before I even consider making cards with utility program, I want to make sure the rules work as intended. And more importantly, they must be thematic and fun.

Edit: I've also been considering adding in a second career path for the Hunter which allows access to Sabretusks.

Forgot to post the Big Names.

Big Names may be only socketed into a Reputation slot of Bruiser, Tyrant, Overtyrant or Hunter.

Big Name Talents

Mawseeker

Tyrant or Overtyrant Only

Your Soak is increased by +2. You also suffers two Misfortune to all mental checks.

Wallcrusher

You may ignore three Misfortune dice worth of cover.

Kineater

Tyrant or Overtyrant only

An ally may within short range may gain 1 wound and automatically pass a Fear or Terror check.

Mountaineater

When you receive a critical wound, you may look at two and select one.

Giantbreaker

Your damage is increased by +2. You must spend 1 stress to disegnage.

Deathcheater

Exhaust this talent, an opponent is considered to have 0 successes on a test which inflicts damage.

Longstrider

You receive a free maneuver every round.

Beastkiller

Hunter Only

When using Weapon Skill or Ballistic Skill on target larger than man-sized, your CR is reduced by 1 and may ignore 1 misfortune die from any source.

Brawlerguts

When using Bull Charge, you gain one Expertise die and +2 damage.

Meatgifter

Overtyrant only

If an enemy in which you successful bribed during this session makes a check against you, he is considered demoralized.

Murderface

Your Weapon Skill attacks gain: 2 boons: an ally within short range is Inspired.

Rhinox Cavalry were produced by Forge World and there were rules for them in one issue of White Dwarf, I forget which one. The Ogre Artillerist is the one in the latest army book who wields the "Giants" cannon pulled by a Rhinox. Think of the career progression from Leadbelcher.

You will certainly get exposure on here and on Liber Fanatica as well as a free exhange of thoughts.

In addition, the following Action cards will be added:

Bull's Charge, to represent the Impact hits from the tabletop wargame

Curry Flavor, the Butcher's version of Curry Favor

18 Butcher Blessings

2 Firebelly specific spells, good for Firebellies or a quest for adventurous Bright wizards

Irongut Enhance card

3 Irongut Techniques designed to throw your weight around and hitting things with a big sword

2 Bellows, a non-Fellowship based but short-lived buffs

1 card designed for the Vulture pet

3 Beast abilities, designed with large animals in mind

1 Sphere of Frost-Wreath Ice

Anything else worth adding?

Rhinox Cavalry were produced by Forge World and there were rules for them in one issue of White Dwarf, I forget which one. The Ogre Artillerist is the one in the latest army book who wields the "Giants" cannon pulled by a Rhinox. Think of the career progression from Leadbelcher.

You will certainly get exposure on here and on Liber Fanatica as well as a free exhange of thoughts.

Awesome! I've been looking for a transition career between Mournfang and Beast Rider.

Rhinox Cavalry

Gain the Trained Grimhorn Rhinox Card

Trained Grimhorn Rhinox

Strength 5 (5), Toughness 4 (5), Agility 3 (0), Intelligence 1, Willpower 5, Fellowship 1

Wind 15

Unruly. Attempting to gain control over a Rhinox is increased by 1 difficulty die.

Fearless. The Rhinox may ignore Fear. It also counts Terror as Fear.

Rhinox Charge. When the Rhinox moves in to engage an opponent, the rider and Rhinox deal +2 damage for every maneuver used to move.

Instinct. Rhinox may use their WP instead of their Int when making Observation checks.

Broad Backed. Any attempt to dismount a character from a Rhinox receives 1 extra challenge die.

Curry Flavor

Curry Flavor

Conservative

Basic, Divine, Rally

Piety (WP)

You have successfully invoked a Great Maw blessing, but have less favour than the blessing requires. If you are engaged with an enemy, add 1 Misfortune to your dice pool. You must eat 1 encumbrance of food per Rank of blessing.

1 success: You pray to the Great Maw, Gain 2 favor

2 success: As above, but gain 2 favor.

3 success: As above, but gain 3 favor.

2 Boons: Recover 1 fatigue

1 Bane: You suffer 1 fatigue

2 Banes: You suffer 1 wound.

Curry Flavor

Reckless

Basic, Divine, Rally

Piety (WP)

You have successfully invoked a Great Maw blessing, but have less favour than the blessing requires. If you are engaged with an enemy, add 1 Misfortune to your dice pool. You must eat 2 encumbrance of food per Rank of blessing.

1 success: You pray to the Great Maw, Gain 2 favor

2 success: As above, but gain 4 favor.

3 success: As above, but gain 6 favor.

1 Boon: Recover 1 fatigue

2 Banes: You suffer 1 wound

Chaos Star: You suffer 1 critical wound

Butcher Blessings

Spinemarrow

Conservative

Rank 1, Great Maw, Ongoing

3 Recharge, 1 Challenge Die

Invocation (Fel)

5 favor, target within close range. Must consume 1 encumbrance of spines.

Special: Add 1 Misfortune die for every Great Maw spell recharging.

1 Success: Your target gains the Inspired condition as long as Spinemarrow is charging.

3 successes: Add three recharge counters to Spinemarrow

Two Boons: 1 ally within range recovers 1 stress

Two Banes: You suffer 1 stress

Chaos Star: You suffer 1 wound

Spinemarrow

Reckless

Rank 1 Great Maw, Ongoing

1 Misfortune die

Invocation (Fel)

5 favor. target within medium range. Must consume 1 encumbrance of spines.

Special: Add 1 Misfortune die for every Great Maw spell recharging. For each target beyond the first add 1 difficulty die.

1 Success: The target gains the Inspired condition as long as Spinemarrow is charging.

3 successes: Add two recharge counters to Spinemarrow.

Two Boons: You recover 1 fatigue

Two Boons: Remove 1 fatigue from an ally

2 Banes: Remove 4 recharge counters from Spinemarrow

Chaos Star: You receive a critical wound

Uttergnaw

Conversative

6 Recharge, 1 Challenge Die

Invocation (Fel) vs Resilience (T)

4 Favor. Target within medium range. Must consume 1 encumbrance of tongues.

1 success: As long as Uttergnaw is recharging, the target gains 1 Misfortune die for Fellowship.

3 successes: As above, but checks are increased by two Misfortune.

5 successes: As above, but checks gain 1 difficulty die.

2 Boons: Add 3 recharge tokens to Uttergnaw.

2 Banes: You suffer 1 stress

1 Chaos Star: You suffer 1 wound

Utternaw

Reckless

4 Recharge, 1 Challenge Die

4 Favor; Target within medium range. Must consume 1 encumbrance of tongues.

1 success: As long as Uttergnaw is recharging, the target gains 1 stress to use a Fellowship roll.

3 successes: As above, but the target also gains 1 wound and 1 fatigue.

5 successes: As above, but the wound gained is a critical.

2 Boons: Target suffers 1 stress.

2 Banes: Remove 3 recharge counters from Uttergnaw.

1 Chaos Star: You suffer 1 critical wound.

Bullgorger

Conservative

4 Recharge, 2 Challenge Dice

Invocation (Fel)

6 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of bull's hearts.

Special: Add 1 Misfortune die for every Great Maw spell recharging

1 Success: As long as Bullgorger is recharging, the target gains +1 damage.

3 Success: As above, but +2 damage.

2 Boons: Add 2 recharge counters to Bullgorger

2 Banes: You recover 1 fatigue

Bullgorger

Reckless

3 Recharge, 2 Challenge Dice

Invocation (Fel)

6 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of bull's hearts.

1 Success: As long as Bullgorger is recharging, all allied targets within Medium range gains +1 damage.

3 Success: As above, but +2 damage.

2 Banes: Remove 2 recharge counts from Bullgorger

Windchaw

Conservative

5 Recharge, 1 Challenge Die

Invocation (Fel)

3 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of gills and lungs.

1 success: You gain the ability to breathe water.

3 successes: You gain the ability to breath living materials, such as blood.

5 successes: You gain the ability to breath exotic liquids, such as ale or oil

2 Boon: Add 1 recharge token to this card

3 Banes: The target loses the ability to breath air.

Chaos Star: You may only breathe liquids

Windchaw

Reckless

Invocation (Fel)

3 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of gills and lungs.

1 successes: You gain the ability to breath with food. You not longer have to breathe as long as you have a full stomach.

3 successes: As above, but the extra stomach space gives a Fortune die to Curry Flavor .

5 successes: As above, but the extra stomach space gives two Fortune dice.

1 Bane: Suffer 1 wound

3 Banes: Your stomach is emptied. You may spend a maneuver to eat, which allows you to breathe for one turn.

Eyecram

Conservative

10 Recharge, 1 Challenge Die

Invocation (Fel)

5 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of eyeballs

1 success: Target gains 1 Fortune to all Observation checks.

1 Boon: The target gains one Fortune die to resist Blinding

1 Bane: Gain 1 stress

Eyecram

Reckless

10 Recharge, 1 Challenge Die

Invocation (Fel)

5 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of eyeballs

1 success: Target gains 1 Expertise die to all Observation checks and “Observation checks gain: Chaos Star: suffer 1 wound”

3 successes: As above, but target gains +1 Defense.

5 successes: As above, but target gains +2 Defense.

2 Boon: The targets next Observation check during this encounter ignores all Misfortune dice.

3 Banes: Target gains the Blind status condition

Knucklenibbler

Conservative

Invocation (Fel)

6 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of fingers.

1 success: The Butcher gives a target one fortune die when using Coordination or Skulduggery

2 Boons: Target gains +1 damage and +1 defense when using Unarmed attacks

Knucklenibbler

Reckless

6 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of fingers.

1 success: The Butcher gives the target one misfortune die when using Coordination or Skulduggery

3 successes: The Butcher gives the target one misfortune die to all Physical tasks.

2 Boons: Target receives -1 Defense to a minimum of 0.

2 Banes: You suffer 1 fatigue.

Soledevour

Conservative

Invocation (Fel)

5 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of halfling feet.

1 success: You grant the target one Fortune die on all Stealth checks

3 successes: As above, but the target also gains +1 defense

3 Boons: The target gains Energized

Soledevour

Reckless

5 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of halfling feet.

1 success: You grant the target one Misfortune die on all Stealth checks

3 successes: As above, but the target takes 1 fatigue if he takes more than one movement maneuver a turn

5 successes: As above, but target suffers 1 wound if he takes more than movement maneuver a turn

3 Boons: The target suffers Sluggish

Fangfeast

Conservative

Invocation (Fel)

5 recharge, 1 Challenge die

5 Favor; target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of teeth.

1 success: An ally within short range increases his Unarmed attack to DR 6 and a CR of 4.

3 successes: As above, but unarmed attacks gain one Fortune die.

2 Boons: Add 2 recharge counts to Fangfeast

1 Bane: The target receives 1 Misfortune die to all Fellowship because of rows of teeth

Fangfeast

Conservative

Invocation (Fel)

5 recharge, 1 Challenge die

5 favor; Target within medium range. Must eat 1 encumbrance of teeth.

1 success: An ally within short range increases his Unarmed attack to DR 6 and a CR of 3.

3 successes: As above, but attack gains “1 Boon: +1 critical”.

5 successes: As above but base damage is DR 7.

1 Boons: Your unarmed attacks gain Pierce 1.

1 Boons: Your unarmed attacks gain Pierce 1.

1 Bane: The target Unarmed attacks gain Unreliable 2. If broken, the target suffers 1 wound and the blessing ends.

Rindbloat

Conservative

Rank 1 Great Maw

Invocation (Fel)

4 Recharge, 1 Challenge die

5 favor; target within medium range, must eat 1 encumbrance worth of skin.

1 success: While this card is charging the target weight bloats or thins out, he gains a Fortune die to Guile and Stealth to hide his identity

1 Boons: Add 1 recharge counter to this card

2 Boons: The weight adds +1 to Soak

Chaos star: You suffer one wound

Rindbloat

Reckless

Rank 1 Great Maw

4 Recharge, 1 Challenge die

5 favor; target within medium range, must eat 1 encumbrance worth of skin.

1 success: While this card is charging, the target bloats, losing one point in Soak.

3 successes: As above, but the target also gains a fatigue.

5 successes: As above, but the target suffers wounds equal to his Soak value.

2 Boon: Target suffers one Misfortune die on all terrain-based penalties.

2 Banes: The target's vitals are protected by the bloating, giving him +1 Toughness.

Chaos Star: You suffer one critical wound

Gutbuster

Conservative

Rank 2, Great Maw, Ongoing

6 Recharge, 2 Challenge Dice

Invocation (Fel)

5 Favor. Target must be within medium range, must consume 2 encumbrance of guts

1 success: While Gutbuster is recharging target gains a weapon with “DR 5, CR 3”; 1 Boon: +2 Piercing, 3 Boons: +4 Piercing. 2 Banes: take 1 wound.”

3 successes: As above but DR is 6

5 successes: As above but DR is 7 and 3 Boons: target armor gains Broken”

Chaos Star: Gain 1 wound

Gutbuster

Reckless

5 Recharge, 2 Challenge Dice

5 Favor. Target must be within long range, must consume 2 encumbrance of guts

1 success: Target gains the Queasy condition for one night.

3 successes: As above, but a successful Re silence (3d) must be made every night to remove the status and receives 1 damage.

5 successes: As above, the difficulty to remove Queasy is 5d and Sluggish. The target receives 3 damage.

1 Boon: Target gains 1 fatigue

1 Boon: Target gains 1 stress

Chaos Star: Suffer 1 critical wound

Bonecrusher

Conservative

Rank 2, Great Maw

Invocation (Fel) vs Target Resilence (T)

8 Favor. Target must be within long range, must consume 2 encumbrance of bones

1 Success: Target gains a Critical wound and a number of wounds equal to Severity

3 Successes: Target gains two Critical wounds and a number of wounds equal to Severity

1 Bane: Put three charge counters on Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Reckless

Rank 2 Great Maw

Invocation (Fel) vs Target Resilence (T)

8 Favor. Target must be within medium range, must consume 2 encumbrance of bones

1 Success: Target gains a Critical wound and a number of wounds equal to Severity

3 Successes: Target gains two Critical wounds and a number of wounds equal to Severity

2 Boons: Target gains 1 Fatigue

2 Banes: You suffer 1 Fatigue

Chaos Star: You suffer a critical wound

Juicemar

Conservative

Rank 2, Great Maw

Invocation (Fel) vs Stealth (Ag)

6 Favor. Must taste blood from the target.

1 success: You know the direction of someone within 1 mile of you by consuming his his blood.

3 successes: As above, but ten miles.

5 successes: As above, but one hundred miles.

1 Boon: Know the exact distance

1 Bane: While recharging, 1 Misfortune to all Observation checks

Juicemar

Reckless

Rank 2 Great Maw

6 Recharge, 2 Challenge Dice

Invocation (Fel) vs Resilience (WP)

8 Favor. Must taste blood from the target.

1 success: You deal 1 damage to a target within 1 mile of you.

3 successes: As above, but ten miles.

5 successes: As above, but one hundred miles.

1 Boon: Damage is increased by +1

2 Boons: Damage is increased by +3

1 Bane: Destroy all spilled blood of target within 1 mile

Matemeal

Conservative

Rank 2 Great Maw, Ongoing

Invocation (Fel)

5 Recharge, must consume 2 encumbrance of meat

1 success: The target gains +1 damage against targets of the same race as the meat consumed.

3 successes: As above, but increase the damage to +2.

5 successes: As above, but decrease the CR of the weapon in hand by 1, to a minimum of 1.

2 Boons: The target gains +1 Defense against the same race.

2 Banes: You suffer 1 fatigue.

Matemeal

Reckless

Rank 2 Great Maw, Ongoing

Invocation (Fel)

5 Recharge, must consume 2 encumbrance of meat

1 success: The target gains +1 damage and +1 critical against targets of the same race as the meat consumed.

3 successes: As above, but increase the damage to +3.

5 successes: As above, but decrease the CR of the weapon in hand by 1, to a minimum of 1.

2 Boons: The target ignores 1 Misfortune die gained from Defense against the same race.

2 Banes: The target receive the +3 damage against the same race

Toothcracker

Conservative

5 Recharge, 1 Challenge Dice

Invocation (Fel)

6 favor. Target within medium range. Must eat 2 encumbrance of rocks.

1 Success: As long as Toothcracker is recharging, target gains one fortune die for all Toughness checks and +1 Soak

3 Success: As above, but two fortune dice and +2 Soak.

2 Boons: Add 2 recharge counts to Toothcracker

2 Banes: You suffer 1 fatigue

Toothcracker

Reckless

4 Recharge, 1 Challenge Dice

Invocation (Fel)

6 favor. Must eat 2 encumbrance of rocks.

1 Success: As long as Toothcracker is recharging, all allied targets within Medium range gains one fortune die for Toughness checks and +1 Soak.

3 Success: As above, but two fortune dice and +2 Soak..

2 Banes: Remove 2 recharge counts from Toothcracker

Braingobbler

Conservative

Rank 3 Great Maw

Invocation (Fel) vs Discipline (WP)

8 favor; target within medium range; must consume 3 encumbrance of brains

1 Success: Your target suffers the Demoralized condition as long as Braingobbler is charging.

3 successes: Add three recharge counters to Braingobbler

Two Boons: The enemy suffers 1 fatigue

Two Banes: You suffer 1 fatigue

Rank 3 Great Maw

Reckless

Invocation (Fel) vs Discipline (WP)

8 favor; target within long range; must consume 3 encumbrance of brains

Special: Add 1 Misfortune die for every Great Maw spell recharging. For each target beyond the first add 1 difficulty die.

1 Success: All enemy targets suffer Demoralized condition in Long Range as long as Braingobbler is charging.

3 successes: Remove two counters from Braingobbler.

Two Boons: The enemy suffers 1 fatigue

Trollguts

Conservative

Rank 3, Great Maw, Ongoin

4 Recharge, 3 Challenge Dice

Invocation (Fel)

10 favor; target within close range; must consume 3 encumbrance of troll's guts

1 Success: As long as Trollguts is recharging, the target heals 1 wound a turn

3 successes: As above but heals one critical as well

Two Boons: Add two recharge counters to Trollguts

Two Banes: You suffer 1 fatigue

Trollguts

Reckless

Rank 3, Great Maw, Ongoing

4 Recharge, 3 Challenge Dice

Invocation (Fel)

10 favor; target within medium range; must consume 3 encumbrance of troll's guts

1 Success: As long as Trollguts is recharging, all allied targets in Medium Range heal 1 wound a turn at the beginning of your turn

3 successes: As above, but heals 1 one critical as well equal to severity 3 or less

1 Boon: +1 Severity

2 Banes: Remove 2 recharge counters from Trollsguts

Bilecanker

Conservative

Rank 3, Great Maw, Ongoing

8 favor, Target within medium range; must consume 3 encumbrance of spoiled meat

1 success: Target gains “Physical actions gain: 1 Bane: suffer 1 wound” while this card is charging

3 successes: As above, but also gains: “Chaos Star: suffer 1 critical wound”

1 boons: Target suffers 1 fatigue

1 bane: You suffer 1 fatigue

Bilecanker

Reckless

Rank 3,Great Maw, Ongoing

8 favor, target within close range; must consume 3 encumbrance of spoiled meat

1 success: Target gains “Physical actions gain: 1 Bane: suffer 1 wound” while this card is charging

3 successes: As above, but also gains: “Chaos Star: suffer 1 critical wound”

2 boons: Target is Weakened

1 bane: You suffer 1 fatigue

Chaos Star: You suffer critical 1 wound

The Maw

Conservative

Rank 4, Great Maw, Ongoing, Elite

Invocation (Fel) vs Highest Defense

10 favor; targets must be in medium range, must consume 4 encumbrance of large beast meat

Special: Select a target, the maw bursts and hits all targets within short range including friendly targets

1 success: The toothy maw is conjured doing Intelligence+3 damage to all targets.

3 successes: The toothy maw bursts from below dealing doing WP + 7 damage to all targets.

5 successes: The toothy maw deals WP + 10.

1 Boon: -1 damage

2 Boon: -2 damage

2 Boons: The maw only strikes against targets engaged with the target

2 Banes: Add 2 recharge counters to the Maw

Chaos Star: The center of the spell is you

The Maw

Reckless

Rank 4 Great Maw, Ongoing, Elite

Invocation (Fel) vs Highest Defense

10 favor; targets must be in medium range, must consume 4 encumbrance of large beast meat

Special: Select a target, the maw bursts and hits all targets in short range including friendly targets

1 success: The toothy maw only brushes the target doing Intelligence+3 damage to all targets.

3 successes: The toothy maw bursts dealing doing WP+7 damage to all targets.

5 successes: The tooth maw deals WP+7, +2 critical to all targets.

5 successes: The toothy maw deals 10+Willpower

1 Boon: +1 damage

2 Boons: +2 damage

3 Boons: +3 damage

1 Boons: +1 critical

1 Bane: +4 damage

2 Banes: You suffer 2 fatigue

Chaos Star: The center of the spell is you

Butcher food by Encumbrance and Cost

Rank 1. 5b per encumbrance

Rank 2. 10b per encumbrance

Rank 3. 20b per encumbrance

Rank 4. 2s per encumbrance

You really need to start gettiing this stuff onto the Strange Aeons cards. It really doesn't take too long but makes reading them that much easier. They are so easy to change as well when you want to change them after more thought or playtesting.

Ogre Action Cards
Ogre Charge (Conservative)
Weapon Skill (St) vs Target's Defence
3 Recharge, 1 Difficulty Die
Must start your turn not engaged with an enemy at close range
1 success: You move to the target and hit the target for normal damage
3 successes: You move to the target and hit the target for +3 damage.
2 Boons: +1 Critical
Comet: Add the DR of your weapon again to the damage dealt
2 Banes: Suffer 1 stress
Chaos Star: The opponent can make a basic Melee Attack against you using your Strength or his, whichever is higher.
Ogre Charge (Reckless)
5 Recharge, 2 Difficulty Dice
Must start your turn not engaged with an enemy at medium range
3 successes: As above, but you may make a second melee basic attack in the same engagement for normal damage.
2 Boons: +1 critical
1 Comet: You hit another target in the same engagement for normal damage.
Chaos Star: The opponent can make a basic Melee Attack against you using your Strength or his, whichever is higher..
Bellow Action Cards
Thunder Bellow (Conservative)
Intimidate (St)
Bellow
3 Recharge, 1 Difficulty Die
Target can hear you within medium range
1 success: The target is Inspired while this card is charging
3 successes: As above, but the target regains 1 stress.
2 Banes: While this card is recharging, enemies add 1 fortune die to all checks that include you as a target
1 Comet: Add 2 recharge tokens to this card
2 Banes: If Inspired, the target gains 1 stress
Thunder Bellow (Reckless)
Intimidate (St) vs Discipline (WP)
Bellow
4 Recharge, 1 Misfortune Die
1 success: The target is Demoralized as long as this card is recharging.
3 successes: The target is Thunderstruck while this card is recharging.
2 Banes: The target of this card receives one fortune dice against all checks including you as a target.
3 Banes: An ally within range is Thunderstruck.
1 Chaos Star: You are Thunderstruck
Guiding Bellow (Conservative)
N/A
Bellow, Enhance
3 Recharge
Target can hear you within medium range;
Enhances another Melee attack
Special: Play this card when a target becomes
Fortune: The target recovers 1 stress
Characteristic: If the attack hits, the target is Exposed
Expertise: The attacker gains +1 Soak until his next turn; The attacker may ignore two points of Piercing if both Fortune and Characteristic die was removed
Guiding Bellow (Reckless)
N/A
Bellow, Enhance
3 Recharge
Target can hear you within medium range;
Enhances another Melee attack
Special: Play this card when a target makes a Melee Attack. If you do, the target gains the bonus listed on the card for each die.
Fortune: The target gains +1 damage
Characteristic: The attack gains +1 critical
Expertise: The attack gains +1 critical; The attack gains +1 damage if both Fortune and Characteristic die was removed
Warning Bellow (Conservative)
Intimidate (WP)
Bellow
When a target within medium range hears becomes target of a Ballistic or Weapon skill attack which uses Defence
1 success: The target gains +1 Defence against the attack
2 successes: The target gains +2 Defence against the attack.
4 successes: The target gains +3 Defence against the attack
2 Boons: The target can ignore 2 points of Piercing.
1 Bane: The target suffers 1 stress
Chaos Star: Your bellow is slow and droning, the attack deals +2 damage.
Warning Bellow (Reckless)
Intimidate (WP)
Bellow
Target can hear you within medium range
Chaos Star: The opponent figured out your calls the target is Exposed until your next turn
1 success: The target gains +1 Soak against the attack
2 successes: The target gains +2 Soak against the attack.
4 successes: The target gains +3 Soak against the attack
2 Boons: The target deals -1 damage.
1 Bane: The target suffers 1 fatigue
Chaos Star: The enemy figures out your bellow, causing him to become Exposed until his next turn
Firebelly Bright Spells
Fire Breath (Conservative)
Rank 1, Bright Order, Reaction, Firebelly
Spellcraft (Int)
Effect: While this card is recharging, you may breathe fire from your mouth.
While this card is recharging you gain the ability:
Ballistic Skill (Agi) vs Target Defence
Target is within short range.
Special: You must spend 1 Power
1 success: You hit the target with a gout of flame dealing 2 + Toughness damage.
3 successes: As above, but 4 + Toughness damage instead
2 Boons: +1 damage
2 Banes: Suffer 1 wound
Chaos Star: Suffer 1 wound
Comet: If the attack is successful, another target is hit with the attack
Fire Breath (Reckless)
Rank 1, Bright Order, Reaction, Firebelly
Spellcraft (Int)
Effect: While this card is recharging, you may breathe fire from your mouth.
While this card is recharging you gain the ability:
Weapon Skill (St) vs Defence
Target within short range.
Special: You must spend 2 Power. For each additional target beyond the first add 1 challenge die your dice pool and 1 Power.
1 success: You hit the target with a gout of flame dealing 4 + Toughness damage.
3 successes: As above, but 6 + Toughness damage instead
2 Boons: +1 damage, +1 critical
Chaos Star: Suffer 1 critical wound and you are Scorched
Magma Breath (Conservative)
Rank 2, Bright Order, Reaction, Firebelly
Spellcraft (Int) vs Target's Defence
7 power, enemy within close range, add 1 misfortune for each enemy in the target's engagement after the first
1 success: A billowing fire gout from your mouth dealing 5 + Toughness damage to the target.
3 successes: As above, but the target is Scorched while this card is recharging.
1 Chaos Star: You hit each other character in the engagement, friend or foe, for 2 + Toughness damage.
Rank 2, Bright Order, Reaction, Firebelly
Magma Breath (Reckless)
Spellcraft (Int) vs Target's Defence
7 power, enemy within close range, add 1 misfortune for each enemy in the target's engagement after the first
1 success: A billowing fire gout from your mouth dealing 4 + Toughness damage.
3 successes: As above, but the target deals 6 + Toughness damage.
1 Boon: The magma breath causes 2 + Toughness damage to each other enemy in the target engagement.
1 Comet: +1 damage to all targets hit
1 Bane: Suffer 1 critical wound
1 Chaos Star: You hit each other character in the engagement, friend or foe, for 2 + Toughness damage.
Irongut Cards
Guts and Iron (Conservative)
Irongut, Enhance
Recharge 4
Great weapon equipped and armor with 4 or more soak (excluding Gutplate), Weapon Skill trained, Enhances melee attack
Special: Play this card when you make a Melee attack. You may remove dice from your dice pool. If you do, you gain the bonuses listed on this card for each die.
Fortune: Enemies striking you lose 2 points of Piercing until your next turn
Characteristic: You gain +1 Soak until your next turn
Expertise: You gain +1 Soak until your next turn. If both a Characteristic and fortune die were spent, you also gain +1 Defense.
Guts and Iron (Reckless)
Irongut, Enhance
Recharge 4
Great weapon equipped and armor with 4 or more soak (excluding Gutplate), Weapon Skill trained, Enhances melee attack
Special: Play this card when you make a Melee attack. You may remove dice from your dice pool. If you do, you gain the bonuses listed on this card for each die.
Fortune: The attack gains +1 damage.
Characteristic: The attack gains +1 critical.
Expertise: You gain +1 damage. If both a Characteristic and fortune die were spent, target is Overwhelmed for three turns against your attacks.
Over-smash (Conservative)
Irongut
Engaged with target, Great Weapon equipped
1 success: You hit for normal damage.
2 successes: As above, but if you are stronger than your opponent, you may make a second attack against a target in the same engagement
4 successes: As above, but if you stronger than the second target, you may make a third attack against another target
2 Boons: The target is Exposed
2 Banes: You are Exposed
Over-smash (Reckless)
Irongut
Engaged with target, Great Weapon equipped
1 success: You hit for normal damage.
2 successes: As above, but if you are stronger than your opponent, you may make a second attack against a target in the same engagement
1 Boons: +1 damage all targets
2 Boons: +2 damage all targets
3 Boons: +3 damage to all targets
1 Bane: You are Exposed
2 Banes: The target may may a basic Melee attack against you.
Comet: You also strike all opponent's with a lower Strength in the engagement
Chaos Star: You also hit an ally within the engagement
Bull Rush (Conservative)
Irongut
Must start your turn not engaged with an enemy at close range
3 successes: You move to the target and hit the target for +2 damage.
Comet: Add your Soak to the damage dealt
Chaos Star: The opponent can make a basic Melee Attack against you.
Bull Rush (Reckless)
Irongut
Must start your turn not engaged with an enemy at medium range
3 successes: As above, but you may make a second melee basic attack in the same engagement for normal damage.
2 Boons: +1 critical
1 Comet: You hit another target in the same engagement for normal damage.
Chaos Star: The opponent can make a basic Melee Attack against you using your Strength or his, whichever is higher..
Roll with the Blow (Conservative)
Irongut, Reaction
n/a
4 Recharge
Engaged with a target who has a higher Strength
Effect: After you have been hit the target of a Melee Attack, add 4 recharge tokens to add +1 Soak for each Recharging Irongut card, including this one.
Irongut, Reaction
Step into the Blow (Reckless)
n/a
4 Recharge
Engaged with a target who has a lower Soak
Effect: After you have been hit of the target of a Melee Attack, add 4 recharge tokens to this card to force the target to take wounds equal to the number of Recharging Irongut cards
Tenderize (Conservative)
Irongut, Ongoing
1 success: You bully your enemies in combat. While this card is recharging, your Irongut actions deal +1 damage.
2 successes: As above, but if you are stronger than your enemy, you deal +2 damage.
2 Boons: While recharging, your Irongut actions also Rattle the target if he has a lower Toughness than you
Comet: While recharging, if have a higher Soak than your enemy, you may add your Soak to damage
Chaos Star: Against enemies with a higher Strength, you suffer +2 damage
Tenderize (Reckless)
Irongut, Ongoing
1 success: You bully your enemies in combat. While this card is recharging, your Irongut actions deal +1 damage.
2 successes: As above, but if you are stronger than your enemy, you deal +2 damage.
2 Boons: While recharging, successful Melee actions also Cow the target if he has a lower Willpower than you
Comet: While recharging, if have a higher Soak than your enemy, you may add your Soak to damage
Chaos Star: Against enemies with a higher Strength, you suffer +2 damage
Pet Abilities
Death From Above (Conservative)
Pet
Animal Handling (WP) vs Target Defence
Target within Long Range; flying pet engaged with target
1 success: Your pet hits the target for 4 + WP damage and disengages
2 successes: As above, but target is Blinded for 3 turns.
1 Boon: Ignore two misfortune dice from cover
1 Boon: Your pet receives a free maneuver
2 Banes: Your pet loses 1 Obedience
Death From Above (Reckless)
Pet
Animal Handling (WP) vs Target Defence
Target within Long Range; flying pet engaged with target
1 success: Your pet hits the target for 5 + WP damage and disengages
2 successes: As above, but damage is +3.
1 Boon: Ignore two misfortune dice from cover
2 Banes: Your pet loses 1 Obedience
Beast Abilities
Beast Attack (Conservative)
Beast, Basic
Ride (Ag) vs Target Defence
0 Recharge
Mounted beast, engaged with target
1 success: The beast hits the target for normal damage.
3 successes: The beast hits the target for +3 damage.
2 Boons: Piercing +2
2 Banes: Your target may disengage from the Beast for free.
Beast Attack (Reckless)
Beast, Basic
0 Recharge
Mounted beast, engaged with target
1 success: The beast hits the target for normal damage
3 successes: The beast hits the target for +2 damage.
2 Boons: Piercing +2
2 Banes: Your target may disengage from the Beast for free.
Thunderstomp (Conservative)
Beast, Mounted
5 Recharge, 1 Challenge, 1 Misfortune
Special: Add 1 Misfortune for every target past the first in the engagement
Beast is engaged with a smaller target
1 success: Your beast hits the target.
3 successes: Your beast hits all targets in the engagement.
2 Boons: All targets in engagement are Thunderstruck
1 Bane: Mount suffers 1 wind
Thunderstomp (Reckless)
Beast, Mounted
5 Recharge, 1 Challenge, 1 Misfortune
Special: Add 1 Misfortune for every target past the first in the engagement
Beast is engaged with a smaller target
1 success: Your beast hits the target.
3 successes: Your beast hits all targets in the engagement.
2 Boon: +2 damage
2 Boons: All targets in engagement are Thunderstruck
1 Bane: Mount suffers 1 wind
2 Chaos Stars: You are dismounted
Beast Charge (Conservative)
Beast, Mounted
4 Recharge, 1 Misfortune
Melee weapon, not engaged with target, target within long range
1 success: The target is struck for +1 damage.
3 successes: As above, but strikes a second target.
5 successes: As above, but strikes a third target.
2 Boons: +2 Piercing
2 Banes: Beast suffers 1 Wind
Chaos Star: Beast suffers 1 Wind
Beast Charge (Reckless)
Beast, Mounted
4 Recharge, 1 Misfortune
Melee weapon, not engaged with target, target within close range
1 success: The target is struck for +2 damage.
3 successes: As above, but strikes a second target.
5 successes: As above, but strikes a third target.
2 Boons: +3 Piercing
2 Banes: Beast suffers 1 Wind
Chaos Star: Beast suffers 2 Wind and you suffer 1 stress
The Harder They Fall (Conservative)
Beast, Mounted, Reaction
2 Recharge
Engaged with a smaller target with an Melee Attack which reduces the Beast to 0 Wind
4 Recharge, 1 Misfortune
1 success: The beast strikes the target.
3 successes: As above, but +2 damage.
2 Boons: +2 Piercing
Chaos Star: You suffers 1 wound and are knocked prone; you must use a maneuver to stand up
The Harder They Fall (Reckless)
Beast, Mounted, Reaction
2 Recharge
Engaged with a smaller target with an Melee Attack which reduces the Beast to 0 Wind
4 Recharge, 1 Misfortune
1 success: The beast strikes all targets in the engagement.
3 successes: As above, but +2 damage to all targets.
2 Boons: +3 Piercing to all targets
2 Boons: You suffers 1 wound and are knocked prone; you must use a maneuver to stand up
Chaos Star: All targets, including allies suffer the damage
Sphere of Frost-Wreath Ice (Conservative)
Beast, Thundertusk Only
3 Recharge
1 Wind, not engaged with target, target within medium range, Add 1 misfortune to your dice pool for every enemy in the target's engagement past the first
1 success: The Beast strikes the target for 9 points of damage.
3 successes: The Beast strikes the target for 11 points of damage, and all other targets in engagement for 9 points of damage.
2 Boons: Targets gain the status condition Freezing.
2 Banes: The beast loses 1 Wind.
Sphere of Frost-Wreath Ice (Reckless)
Beast, Thundertusk Only
3 Recharge
1 Wind, not engaged with target, target within close range, Add 1 misfortune to your dice pool for every enemy in the target's engagement past the first
1 success: The Beast strikes all enemy for 11 points of damage.
3 successes: The Beast strikes the enemy for 13 points of damage.
2 Boons: Targets gain the status condition Freezing.
1 Bane: The beast loses 1 Wind.
2 Banes: The beast loses 2 Wind.
Chaos Star: Allies within the engagement are also hit.

You really need to start gettiing this stuff onto the Strange Aeons cards. It really doesn't take too long but makes reading them that much easier. They are so easy to change as well when you want to change them after more thought or playtesting.

I have half of the Butcher spells translated to Strange Aeons cards. Sadly, I have more access to a word processor than Strange Aeons, so the above format will have to do.

Tender-Butcher-Front-Face_zpsf3a319b5.jp

Tender-Butcher-Back-Face_zps02166127.jpg

Tender-Butcher--Front-Face_zps48c03e5b.j

Bellower-Front-Face_zps487aa1c3.jpg?t=13

Bellower-Back-Face_zps4b760e2a.jpg?t=138

Bellower-Front-Face_zps7a35f5b9.jpg

Art by John Murrie.

Love the cards, keep going!

Crusher-Front-Face_zps8ea22343.jpg

Crusher-Back-Face_zps3371ddf1.jpg

CrusherCard_zpsb95ed8b1.jpg

Butcher-Front-Face_zps371a17bb.jpg

Butcher-Back-Face_zps29f4e739.jpg

ButcherCareer_zpsab409676.jpg

Irongut-Front-Face_zpsae56bb39.jpg

Irongut-Back-Face_zps14178677.jpg

Irongutcareer_zps887cad19.jpg

Mournfang-Cavalry-Front-Face_zpsac8d676c

Mournfang-Cavalry-Back-Face_zpsb784f916.

Mournfangcareer_zps553026d9.jpg

Mournfang-Front-Face_zps6d70710b.jpg

Mournfang-Back-Face_zpsadb91d0c.jpg

Rhinox-Cavalry-Front-Face_zpse16a664e.jp

Rhinox-Cavalry-Back-Face_zpsc16e64ff.jpg

Rhinox-Cavalry-career_zpsf7966109.jpg

Grimhorn-Rhinox-Front-Face_zps7dcf7ac2.j

Grimhorn-Rhinox-Back-Face_zps555a2187.jp

Gutlord-Front-Face_zps644078fe.jpg

Gutlord-Back-Face_zps8a3a3bda.jpg

Gutlordcareer_zps6d7c009f.jpg